Conceding to many shots!

Hi all,

i have started a career with Wrexham and i am playing a 4-2-2-2 (4def 2cm 1aml 1amr dlf poacher)

i have created a possession based tactic which is far to inconsistent, some games i can get 60-65% then i could get 30% in another.

also i have an issue of conceding to many shots which luckily most haven't been converted to goals! in one game against ebbsfleet i had over 37 shots and they had 2, then i played Cambridge and they have over 30 shots (i had around 25) all these games i have mentioned have been at home!

I have seen promising signs from my tactic but i need to tighten up at the back because its a matter of time before i start conceding goals when i come up against some real quality strikers.

any tips on keeping possession and tightening up would be appreciated. :)

p.s i cant upload my squad as im at work and cant remmeber every player off the top of my head, also i know someone will say i should use search for things like this but i am at work and cant read through every thread on it :p

Your tactics is not consistent because you play against different opponents with different tactics. You have to make adjustments depending on opponent. Thus I advise to create at least one backup tactics with different strategy and changed formation.

In your case it can be classic 4-4-2.

I'm having the same issue with the 4-2-4 (4-2-2-2, whatever). I noticed that setting the default marking to man marking makes the central midfield players track their opponents better, same goes for the wingers. Note that currently you simply have no one marking the wide midfield zones, giving the opposition time and space to create chances. Alternatively (and personal favourite) you can really pressure the opposition's back 4, forcing them to play long ball. Only attempt this if you have players capable and willing to collect these clearances.

Shot-wise, you can have a 100, but if they come from the kick-off spot they will not have any effect. Take a look at statistics like from where the opposition takes their shots and where they hold most possession. Also have a look at which opponents/ positions provide the most (key) passes, you probably want to try and limit their time on the ball.

My defensive line is set to just about normal, yes thinking about it i have been threatened quite a bit down the flanks.

Also with having another tactic and a different strategy to use against different opposition ,how do i find out how the opposition really play, i use my scout report but i can't really make out how they actually play?

sorry for all the questions, this is my first time in LLM and its the first time im not playing the lazy way.

thanks.

You can use the analysis tool whilst you are playing. Then click on opposition and you can see where their main passing focus is coming from......who has made the most passes and key passes (tight mark and close them down, maybe have someone man mark them). Shows where their shots are coming from etc etc etc.

I dont use my assistants advice personally as he sometimes goes against the way i want to play.

Look at what kind of strikers the oppo has. If they have one or two quick strikers but aren't too hot in the air ill let them play down the wings.......stand off their wingers and invite the cross in as i know i can deal with it.

Quick strikers i struggle with so i tend to try and just cut of his supply and play offside trap.

No perfect solution as changing one thing will open up another hole.

I do use the analysis tool a lot though, its very good as you can see where the shots came from and then click on it and it will take you to a replay of it so you can see how the chance come about.

EDIT: Get rid of or untrain player with a PPM of shoots from distance. That trait kills me a little bit, playing some nice passing football and then BANG some idiot ruins it with a stupid long shot and you have lost possession.

Archived