[FM13] Big Club, Small Country - Challenge

1210253743843.jpeg

burtur - Rangers/Iceland

Season 6 summary

Transfers

Another record breaking signing for me as Emanuel Gallucci became my most expensive signing. In January I decided to cash in on Barrie McKay and sign Hervin Ongenda instead. A piece of buisness I think is going to benefit me alot.

League

Unfortunately, Celtic managed to snatch the title back from us. This was particularly dissapointing as we managed to beat them in 3 out of 4 games in the league. Celtic just wouldn't lose agains other teams...which was very frustrating. However, the Scottish League is now ranked 10th in Europe so two teams qualify for the CL...so the money should keep on rolling in. Hörður Magnússon was voted the Player of the Season, Pavel Busta was voted Young Player of the Year and Stuart Sherwood was voted Young Player of the Season. The difference between those YP awards...beats me.

Cups and Europe:

We managed to retain the two scottish cups. That means we have now won the SFA Cup three times on the trot and have won 24 games in a row. In the Champions League we were handed a near impossible group with Real Madrid, Man Utd and Spartak Moscow. Better luck next time.

League Cup: Champions! Beat Dunfermiline e2-o (N) (Hjalti Sigurgeirsson with the latter goal!)

Scottish Cup: Champions! Beat inverness CT 5-0 (N)

Champions League: 3rd in Group Stage

Europa League: 2nd Knocout Round Knocked out by Dinamo Kiyev 2-3

Record Smashers:

Scottish Premier League

no records!

Club Records

Average Attendance: 46322

Highest Scoring Game: 8-2 vs. Aberdeen (A)

Most Games Lost in a Row: 4 :(

Total Transfer Spending: £6,250,000 - 2017

Rangers Best Eleven

Again the two centre backs were brilliant. Hervin Ongenda also came good with 7.72 in average rating. He scored a total of 6 goals in the semi-final and final of the scottish cup. Not bad.

Youth recruits:

The youth facilites were upgraded before the season, and are set to be upgraded again this year. A decent set of youth recruits came through this season included no fewer then TWO Icelanders. One of which is decent.

Iceland

Current Iceland manager Bjarni Jóhansson almost stole my glory and nearly managed to qualify for the World Cup. A great couple of wins in the last two games in the WC qualifying group gave them a hope of a ticket to the WC through playoffs. But rivals Norway did manage to beat them comfortably in the end, 3-9. Iceland are sitting in the 33rd place in the FIFA rankings.

Icelanders at Rangers

Matthías Hermannsson:

Hermannsson went on loan to SD1 outfit Kilmarnock and ended up as the leagues top scorer. I will keep him at the club and continue to loan in him out.

Óli Arnarson:

Didn't manage to sell him but he went on loan last season. Will try and get rid of him this season

Sveinbjörn Árnason:

Sveinbjörn ended up playing 30 games for the Rangers first team and getting called up for the national team (not earning a cap though). He will remain a backup DL and hopefully will keep on improving

Oddur Bergsson:

Made the overall best eleven and played brilliantly this season. Won the DR position from John Flanagan and is proving to be a solid player.

Hörður Magnússon

My best player this season. Nuff said.

Hjalti Sigurgeirsson

Hjalti came through the Rangers ranks and was brought into the first team to train with them. He played 7 games for the Rangers first team scoring 4 goals and is coming along nicely. He also almost single handedly won the reserve league for Rangers. I'm thinking of loaning him out next season.

Pétur Ásgeirsson

If he wasn't Icelandic I wouldn't have haned him a contract...nuff said.

Stefán Árnason

A decent prospect. Hopefully he can feature for Rangers and Iceland in the future.

Career Summary

[u]Season      League       SFA Cup     League Cup      Europe           Other          [/u]
2012/13   1st in SD3    5th Round    3rd Round         N/A    1st Round Challenge Cup
2013/14   1st in SD2    Qtr Final    2nd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners 
2014/15   1st in SD1    Semi Final   3rd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners
2015/16   2nd in SPL     Winners!    Qtr. Final        N/A              N/A
2016/17   1st in SPL     Winners!     Winners!     EL Qtr Final         N/A
2017/18   2nd in SPL     Winners!     Winners!      CL Groups           N/A

[u]Honours[/u]
[i]Scottish Premier League[/i]: Winner (2017)
[i]Scottish Division 1[/i]: Winner (2015)
[i]Scottish Division 2[/i]: Winner (2014)
[i]Scottish Division 3[/i]: Winner (2013)
[i]The Scottish Cup[/i]: Winner (2016,2017,2018)
[i]The League Cup[/i]: Winner (2017,2018)
[i]Scottish Challenge Cup[/i]: Winner (2014,2015)
[i]SD1 Manager Of The Year[/i]: Winner (2015)
[i]SD2 Manager Of The Year[/i]: Winner (2014)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to try this with FM 2012, but did not get a chance to do. Decided to give this one a try. Looking forward for some good Indian players to come out as regens

===

Manchester United have hired Mugund Santh as their new head coach.

The thirty-three year old is reportedly delighted to be given the opportunity to hone his coaching skills at Old Trafford and the Man Utd supporters will certainly be hoping that Santh can take their team to new heights.

===

I've been having real problems with my side this year (partly but not entirely due to a long injury list), so I really needed a better youth intake than that. For obvious reasons, I've signed Bamford but it's safe to say I don't have high hopes for him!

Do you realise there is a bug with the initial youth ratings, have a look at the thread in the general forum.

Game crashed anyway, so I lost those players and there was no-one decent in the new batch either. No Guatemalans this time. But whats with this bug you mention? Cant see it anywhere...

This seems to explain your problem of course they could just be poor.

Arsenal_FC.svg

GreyedOutMan - Arsenal/Guatemala - 2017/18

One step forward, two steps back, and I'm probably on the brink of the sack. Major rebuilding is required.

League Table - No Europe for me this year after a disastrous run-in.

League Positions Graph - Graph is odd, we had games in hand for a long long time, but screwed them up at the end so we never caught up.

Capital One Cup - Couldn't retain my trophy.

FA Cup - Furthest we've ever got in that...

Champions' League - Real disaster in Oporto, unfortunately, don't know what happened!

Squad - from that I take the main conclusion that I need a new defence. When six of your team get at least 11 goals and you finish 7th, you know something is wrong!

Transfers - a few major players sold this year, a bit of a transition period is happening at the Emirates.

Finances - looking a bit better but no Champions' League football next year so I will have to tighten the purse-strings a bit.

Season Awards

Perevertailo won the Young Player of the Year

Perevertailo also won the Fans' Player of the Year

This was the Team of the Year for the club

The Historical Team - Perevertailo comes into the 18 albeit on the bench for now.

Career Summary

[u]Season      League       FA Cup     League Cup       Europe                 Other[/u]
2012/13     6th          5th Round  3rd Round        Champions' League QF   Nothing.
2013/14     3rd          4th Round  4th Round        None                   Nothing.
2014/15     2nd          5th Round  4th Round        Champions' League Groups, EUROPA LEAGUE WINNERS.
2015/16     5th          5th Round  4th Round        Champions' League 1st Knockout Round
2016/17     2nd          3rd Round  Winners!         Europa League 1st Knockout Round
2017/18     7th          6th Round  4th Round        Champions' League 1st Knockout Round

Records Broken

Worst Discipline: Jack Wilshere 17y 3r

Fastest Goal: Danny Welbeck, 19s v Porto, 20th February 2018

Highest Average Rating: Evgeny Perevertailo 7.86 from 37 appearances

Arsenal's Guatemalans:

Delio Castillo played a bit for me this year in an injury crisis and Elmer Rodas.

Cesar de Leon and Josue Bautista will get their Croatian work permits next year and can start breaking into the Arsenal team after that.

Guatemala

I'm going to skip this one as I need to get to bed before Santa comes!! Also because I feel like there's a big change coming. Their manager is 63 and a couple of Guatemalans are almost ready to come through at Arsenal. Exciting times ahead.

1210253743843.jpeg

burtur - Rangers/Iceland

Season 7/8 summary

I've had a couple of hard-core FM sessions the past few days...so here is a quick summary of two seasons. There is a surprise at the end.

Transfers 7/Transfers 8

A couple of notable signins. Pirmin Anken a 17 year old centre back became my most expensive signing as I tried to rebuild my back line. I think I succeeded in the end.

League 7/League 8

In season 7 I regained the SPL title and actually secured the title with 7 games to go. As a result I was awarded the FW Manager of the Year and Manager of the Year awards. Season 8 saw Neil Lennon leave Celtic for Atletico Madrid. This proved to brilliant for Celtic as the newly appointed Billy Davies pipped us to the leage in spite of us racking up 99 points and 124 goals! Pretty sick if you ask me. It is well worth noting that three out of four defeats for Celtic were the doing of my Rangers team. Oh well, credit is due where credit is due.

Hervin Ogenda ended up as the league top scorer on both occasions scoring 34 goals (Henke Larsson holds the record, 35 goals).

Cups and Europe:

Season 7:

League Cup: Champions! Beat Hearts 3-1 (N)

Scottish Cup: Runners-up Lost to Hibs CT 3-3p (N)

Champions League: Semi-Final Knocked out by Chelsea 3-4 on aggregate

Season 8:

League Cup: 3rd round Knocked out by Airdrie 1-1p (N)

Scottish Cup: Champions Beat Celtic 2-0 (N)

Champions League: Qtr-Final Knocked out by Chelsea 1-4 on aggregate

Youth recruits:

No Icelanders came through the two seasons and there is nothing worht noting here really.

Iceland

At the end of season 8 Iceland had just lost all their games at the European Championsships. Three Rangers players were in the squad, all key members. Oddur Bergsson, Sveinbjörn Arnason and Hörður Magnusson are all in Icelands starting line-up. Iceland currently sit in the 23rd position in the world rankings. However, Icelands golden generation (Gylfi Sigurðsson, Kolbeinn Sigþorsson, Aron Einar Gunnarrsson and more) are starting to show their age and I strongly expect the team performances to decline in the coming years.

Icelanders at Rangers

Oli Arnarsson and Matthias Hermannsson have left the club. Others are still at the club. Apart from the three mentioned above, Hjalti Sigurgeirsson is the pick of the lot. He was the 4th striker at Rangers in season 8 and ended up scoring 11 goals.

Career Summary

[u]Season      League       SFA Cup     League Cup      Europe           Other          [/u]
2012/13   1st in SD3    5th Round    3rd Round         N/A    1st Round Challenge Cup
2013/14   1st in SD2    Qtr Final    2nd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners 
2014/15   1st in SD1    Semi Final   3rd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners
2015/16   2nd in SPL     Winners!    Qtr. Final        N/A              N/A
2016/17   1st in SPL     Winners!     Winners!     EL Qtr Final         N/A
2017/18   2nd in SPL     Winners!     Winners!      CL Groups           N/A
2018/19   1st in SPL    Runner-up     Winners!     CL Semi Final        N/A
2019/20   2nd in SPL     Winners!     3rd round    CL Qtr Final         N/A

[u]Honours[/u]
[i]Scottish Premier League[/i]: Winner (2017,2019)
[i]The Scottish Cup[/i]: Winner (2016,2017,2018,2020)
[i]The League Cup[/i]: Winner (2017,2018,2019)
[i]SPL Manager Of The Year:[/i] Winner (2019)
[i]SPL FW Manager Of The Year:[/i] Winner (2019)

At the end of season 8, I was offered the job at Everton. Everton are under UAE ownership and have ALOT of cash to burn. The Arabian money has lifted Everton to new heights winning the Europa League in 2016 and 2017, the FA cup in 2019 and finishing 3rd in the league in 2019. The two big ones are still remaining...and I see this as an ideal oppurtinity to bring some Icelandic youths through the state of the art youth facilities at Everton. Bring it on. (Hopefully this is ok with regard to this challenge).

Here is the Rangers overall best eleven from my tenure.

142px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png

Manager Profile

Started as Bosnian, and with Real Madrid. First season has been completely awful imo! We came 2nd but so far away from Barca, who also won the Spanish Cup! We were doing well until about January/February were we went a run of 5 games without a win! (4 defeats). Got put out the champions league in these games as well, by galatasary! I think I made too many signings and upset the balance of the team, as well as changing the tactics too much! Hoping for a much more successful second season!

League Table

Fixtures (2nd half)

Transfers

Youth Candidates

Eden Alomerovic

Bosnia are currently sitting top of their group for the World Cup qualifiers, only losing one game! So don't see me getting the national job anytime soon! Hopefully they fail miserably and I can get the job soon!

Arsenal_FC.svg

GreyedOutMan - Arsenal/Guatemala - 2018/19

A load of really good players but not the best team around...frustrating.

League Table - Ended up looking good. Never seen FOUR teams score 100+ goals in the league before though.

League Positions Graph - League season summary.

Capital One Cup - Couldn't retain my trophy.

FA Cup - After my first ever 6th round appearance last year, we went and won the Cup this time around! Note the scorer of the 3rd goal...

No Europe this year for me, but back in the Champions' League next time around.

Squad - Probably my best season in terms of individual performances, but still one of my worst as a team as we only struggled into the Champions' League at the last moment. Odd.

Transfers - a big spending year. Quite a few of them were panic buys of wingers because we needed some back-up. Silva and Guadagno look like gems though (see my squad screenshot).

Finances - struggling a bit after making a net transfer loss of £58m despite getting £95m in. I think £153m is a record for me in all iterations of FM.

Season Awards

Jack Wilshere won the FWA Footballer of the Year.

Bradley Howley - a recent youth graduate - came 2nd in the Golden Glove Award.

I came 3rd in the Manager of the Year award behind the two Manchesters' bosses (Pep and Mancini).

Novakovic, Filipovic and Wilshere were in the PFA team of the year, with Welbeck and Platter on the bench.

Perevertailo won the Arsenal fans' plauer pf the year.

The Historical Team - new entries were Filipovic and youth product Anton Carter, who is getting better and better. But Perevertailo's absence makes me wonder what the point of the whole thing is...

Career Summary

[u]Season      League       FA Cup     League Cup       Europe                 Other[/u]

2012/13     6th          5th Round  3rd Round        Champions' League QF   Nothing.
2013/14     3rd          4th Round  4th Round        None                   Nothing.
2014/15     2nd          5th Round  4th Round        Champions' League Groups, EUROPA LEAGUE WINNERS.
2015/16     5th          5th Round  4th Round        Champions' League 1st Knockout Round
2016/17     2nd          3rd Round  Winners!         Europa League 1st Knockout Round
2017/18     7th          6th Round  4th Round        Champions' League 1st Knockout Round
2018/19     3rd          Winners    3rd Round        None                   Nothing.

Records Broken

Most Assists: Jack Wilshere - 29

Highest Premiership Average Rating: Evgeny Perevertailo 8.21 - a Premiership record, too!

Highest Total Average Rating: Evgeny Perevertailo 8.23

Arsenal's Guatemalans:

Delio Castillo has finally gone having been released twice and re-signed, but Cesar de Leon has now made his Arsenal debut and scored his first goal against Reading and then the final goal in the Cup Final followed by the opening goal at the COMS in the penultimate league game, while Josue Bautista now has Croatian citizenship and will play next year, I hope. Jason Dixon is another no-hoper.

Guatemala

Beat Nicaragua to win the Copa Centroamericana for the 2nd time in 4 years (and it takes place in every odd year). But after a major dip in November, they ended up around the same world ranking as last year. But they are about to start using De Leon regularly because of his form at Arsenal and that should improve them.

142px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png

Season 13/14

Board Expectations

As expected, the board wanted the league title, as well as a minimum of the semi finals in the champions league. They did not care about the cup.

Transfers

After finishing 2nd last season I felt we needed some change in the team, some primadonas were sold and some new ones were brought in. I decided it was time for my lead strikers to both be sold in the hope Rooney had settled after signing in January the previous season. So these are the transfers made.

Transfers

Liga BBVA

After coming close last season, we needed to win the league this year. I don't think the board would accept failure and fortunately I 'continued traditions' by winning with 2 games to spare. Although I had 2 games to spare, the league title was close between me and Barca all season, they were on top then we took over and kept switching. I also failed to beat Barca, in 4 league games I have 3 losses and 1 draw! On a very positive note, scoring goals was not a problem! We have topped the charts with well over 100 goals!

League Table

Champions League

So as I finished 2nd I was automatically in the group stages, a nice £7 million up as well! Had a group that I should have dominated tbh but came finished second behind Lyon. So we qualified as expected, then got drawn against Man Utd, a return for Rooney and Di Maria! First game was at the Bernabeu were we drew 3-3, equalising in the last 10 minutes! Then came the game at Old Trafford! A match I felt we slightly dominated, leading 3-2 until the last 10 minutes were Utd do what they do best! They equalised and we went to penalties, getting put out after only scoring 2! Absolutely gutted, but the board understood.

Spanish Cup

Although the board don't care about the cup, I want to win it for my CV! Having lost in the final last season, we made it again. This time we faced our rivals from Madrid! Great news before the game, Falcao was injured! However, this was evened up as Llorente got injured right before the game! We dominated the game, 54% possession but 24 shots to there 12, and we lost 3-2!

Season Evaluation and plans for next season

After winning the league I am pleased, because Barca have been hard to beat and difficult to remove from the top! Some players have made some remarkable progress! My favourite has been Erik Lamela and moving him to CM has been excellent! Also Rooney has managed to score 47 goals in 52 games and 28 of them in the league!

Next season my aim is obviously the league but my priority is the Champions League! I will be selling some players to allow more to develop. Thinking of trying to sell Xabi alonso (Not playing much because of Sahin) and Fabio Coentrao as he is another primadonna and seems to be eager to leave!

Squad at the end of season

Youth Intake

Not one Bosnian, and not one player got signed, the Head of Youth said none were worth signing.

Bosnia

Last time I updated, they were top of there group for the World Cup qualifies!Well they have finished the group top and qualified for a world cup! So that means the manager won't be getting sacked anytime soon! They've been drawn in a group with France, Argentina and Iran, so 3rd will probably be their best bet!

After failing at Ri916's challenge too many times to count, I've decided to start this one with my club Newcastle United with a nationality of Kazakhstan!

Here's me.

First job is to get rid of that stupid clause in Demba Ba's contract!

Some good work from the managers there. I will clarify that if you accept a job at another club in a different nation then you will have to win the top division of that nation, however if you accept a job in the same nation and have already won the top division then its only the champions league you need to win. So that means burtur will have to win the EPL if he takes the Everton Job, even though he has already won the SPL. You can accept nation jobs from other nations but please remember to complete the challenge you need to win the world cup with your chosen nationality. So Jordann can manage Spain but if the Bosnia job becomes avaliable he must apply for it and accept it if they want him.

I usually attempt lower league challenges of some sort or another, decided to do something different this year that would let me play a club with actual resources:P This challenge seemed really cool so here I am!

I've decided to take over Liverpool and guide them back to European glory. Eventually I hope to take my homeland of Finland to international glory as well.

Since the Guatemala job eludes me, I've taken the Peruvian job for the reasons jimbowman outlined. I applied for 8 available international jobs and immediately got offered every single one so I had my choice! Odd that all those wanted me (including Uruguay, by the way), but not Guatemala...

Due to a hard drive meltdown my career save has been lost to me, so I think it's time I have a proper go at this again.

Sticking with OL, as I enjoyed playing with them last season, and my Nation of choice this time around is Bangladesh.

Manager Profile

I have broken the rules a little bit, in that I've enabled the Bangladeshi national leagues with the editor. I've tried to replicate it as closely as possible without editing too much and I'm yet to actually test the file long-term, so I can completely understand if you want to discredit my contributions in terms of achieveing the challenge, but I'm still intending to post my updates here.

Arsenal_FC.svg

GreyedOutMan - Arsenal/Guatemala - 2019/20

Massive improvements but just fell short in so many ways. Oh. Except one.

League Table - SHOULD have won this year. Losing away at Reading at at home to Brighton meant that the two defeats to United were fatal. Reading are in the Champions' League!

League Positions Graph - did really well in the latter half of the season but the damage was done earlier in the season.

Community Shield - disappointing to miss out on the first trophy of the year.

Capital One Cup - poor display at Villa Park.

FA Cup - all the way to the final including a memorable North London Derby victory but couldn't defend our trophy after a terrible performance at Wembley.

UEFA Champions League - Wow! Wasn't expecting that. Some amazing performances saw us in the final against Porto. Jack Wilshere got sent off half-an-hour in, though, and suddenly we were underdogs. Carter made way for one of the best players in the world, Perevertailo. He didnt last the game, and Chamberlain came on with 15 minutes to go with the score 0-0. Howley made a howler (!) with 5 to go but got away with it and the nerves were seriously frayed. The last few minutes passed with no incident, though, and it was to be an extra half-hour. On came Rangel for Silva and my cards were on the table. De Leon put Black through for a chance which he fluffed but when Black got to the by-line 4 minutes later and put a wonderful cross in, De Leon was not to disappoint. It seemed he was destined to score the winning goal for me in a final for the 2nd year running. A Guatemalan was about to write himself into Arsenal folklore. In fact, he got another with 3 minutes to go. Arsenal were European Champs (despite not winning the league title for 16 years), and a Guat was the hero! Legendary! We only had 10 men! We only had 10 men!

Squad - My Champions' League winning squad actually didnt do as well individually as last year but the improvement in the team is marked. Interesting.

Transfers - Shifted more dead wood. £63m and not a single first team regular left. Planning to sign a couple of big name players next year. Already secured the Premiership's top scorer from Wolves, a couple of good Guats and some absolute wonderkids. Remember the name Juan Pablo Funes. Notice, though, that not a single first team player was brought in this season so what changed this team into a Champions' League winning outfit? I'm not sure, but a few players have been improving a lot in the last few years.

Finances - significant profits in the transfer market this year after selling a lot of players who were never going to make it for a lot of money!

Season Awards

In January, Perevertailo won the World Player of the Year award. First time I'd won it.

He and Wilshere were named in the FIFA World team of the year.

Wilshere won the PFA Player of the Year.

Wolves' Jon Oakes won the Golden Boot and will join Arsenal in July.

Martin Silva was the runner-up in the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

Brad Howley was the runner-up in the Golden Glove award.

Novakovic and Wilshere were in the PFA premiership team of the year with Filipovic on the bench.

Perevertailo scored the goal of the Champions' League against Juve, dribbling around two sides of the pitch to score!

Platter, Novakovic, Filipovic and Wilshere were selected in the Champions' League Dream Team.

Platter was the Fans' Player of the Year

The Historical Team - just Howley inducted this year. But at least Perevertailo is on the pitch now!

Career Summary

2018/19     3rd          Winners    3rd Round        None                   Nothing.
2019/20     2nd          Runners-Up 3rd Round        CHAMPIONS' LEAGUE WINNERS.

Records Broken

Most CL goals in a season (any club): 37

Worst Discipline: Jack Wilshere 17y 3r

Arsenal's Guatemalans:

Huge breakthroughs, and now two Guats are more or less legitimate first-team regulars. De Leon was exceptional and will only get better but Bautista is easily the best of the two. A couple more Guat signings to come next year.

Guatemala

Qualified for the Olympics, drawing Cameroon, Iraq and Italy. With me now Peru boss, I'm getting closer to getting that job and would have loved to have led them through the Olympics. Made it into the 3rd qualifying phase but started off with a 2-1 defeat to the USA and they followed that up with a disappointing home draw with Honduras, so they look unlikely to make it to Qatar. Peru, too, look unlikely to make it, after 3 draws and 3 defeats so far in our qualifying section.

b-212441-everton_logo.gif

burtur - Everton/Iceland

Season 9 summary

Transfers

The state of the Everton wasn't very good to be honest. A huge wage bill (2,7m punds/week)...and maybe three world class players to show for it. Also, the average age of the squad was fairly high. Furthermore there were very few HG players. So I decided to sell a lot of deadwood and sign three players. Keith Ross became my record signing in terms if money. It should be noted that I signed at 4 am and was rather dissapointed in myself the day after. Nevermind, he was English and a decent striker. Legodi was my other big signing, a properly good player. Marc-Andre ter Stegen was signed in january, at 28 years old he was a bargain for 12m.

League

So my first season in the EPL was alright I guess, although we were way off the 1st spot we also sat comfortably in a CL spot. No small feat in this league. Wayne King, a HG player who was transfer listed and sitting in the reserves when I arrived, had a storming season and ended up being voted the Young Player of the Year. We also managed to smash the goalscoring record in the league, 104 goals scored. Not bad.

Cups and Europe:

League Cup: 3rd Round, Knocked out by Newcastle 3-4e (A)

The FA Cup: Semi Final, Knocekd out by Tottenham 0-2 (N)

Europa League: Qtr Final Knocked out by Arsenal 4-4a on aggregate

Nothing worth noting I guess.

Youth recruits:

No Icelanders came through the two seasons and there is nothing worth noting here really.

Iceland

After a very succesfull 8 years in charge, Bjarni Johansson finally stepped down as Iceland manager....and guess who succeeded him. That's right, yours truly. Iceland has just los all their games at the EUROS with a total scoreline 0-12. Furthermore, the teams best players are now in their 30s and Gylfi Sigurðsson has retired from international football. The number of quality regens is very low so tough times are ahead.

Nevertheless, my job was to stay competitive in the World Cup Qualifying section. When this is written 8 games have been played and it is all but over for us...but you can always pray for a miracle.

Iceland currently sit in the 40th place in the World Rankings. When I took charge the team was in the 53rd place.

Icelands best players in my opinion:

Hörður Magnússon / Kolbeinn Sigþórsson / Oddur Bergsson / Rúnar Gunnarsson / Aron Einar Gunnarsson

Icelanders at Everton

There are no Icelandic players at Everton, but hopefully that will change soon.

Career Summary

[u]  Club    Season      League        FA Cup     League Cup       Europe           Other          [/u]
Rangers   2012/13   1st in SD3    5th Round    3rd Round         N/A    1st Round Challenge Cup
Rangers   2013/14   1st in SD2    Qtr Final    2nd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners 
Rangers   2014/15   1st in SD1    Semi Final   3rd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners
Rangers   2015/16   2nd in SPL     Winners!    Qtr. Final        N/A              N/A
Rangers   2016/17   1st in SPL     Winners!     Winners!     EL Qtr Final         N/A
Rangers   2017/18   2nd in SPL     Winners!     Winners!      CL Groups           N/A
Rangers   2018/19   1st in SPL    Runner-up     Winners!     CL Semi Final        N/A
Rangers   2019/20   2nd in SPL     Winners!    3rd round     CL Qtr Final         N/A
Everton   2020/21   3rd in EPL    Semi Final   3rd round     EL Qtr Final         N/A  

[u]Honours[/u]
[i]Scottish Premier League[/i]: Winner (2017,2019)
[i]The Scottish Cup[/i]: Winner (2016,2017,2018,2020)
[i]The League Cup[/i]: Winner (2017,2018,2019)
[i]SPL Manager Of The Year:[/i] Winner (2019)
[i]SPL FW Manager Of The Year:[/i] Winner (2019)

Hi guys, i'm thinkning of doing this, never really done a "proper" challenge, what would be the implications of starting with The US Virgin Islands, who don't have any players in the database?

You'd pretty much never be able to manage the national team as far as i'm aware. You need around 100 players to control a national side and even if you managed to get 3 from there through your youth academy each year by the time yyou got close to having enough you first ones through would retire. I'd suggest picking a Nation that has 80+ personally, probably better with 100+ though.

You'd pretty much never be able to manage the national team as far as i'm aware. You need around 100 players to control a national side and even if you managed to get 3 from there through your youth academy each year by the time yyou got close to having enough you first ones through would retire. I'd suggest picking a Nation that has 80+ personally, probably better with 100+ though.

Thanks for saving me making a big mistake there! I'll have a concerted look through and make a choice.....

Arsenal_FC.svg

GreyedOutMan - Arsenal/Guatemala - 2020/21

In October, a very important development as I managed to persuade my board to upgrade the youth recruitment network at the club, which is now extensive rather than widespread, and should mean that some of the best Guats come straight to me, avoiding the need to scout and buy the best of them.

League Table - just made the Champions' League but still no-where near a title challenge, which I haven't had since the early years.

League Positions Graph - Improved after a tough start but we are clearly not title contenders at all.

Super Cup - another brand new trophy for the Gunners.

Club World Cup - once again De Leon scores the final goal as Arsenal become the best team in the world.

Capital One Cup - One of two defeats in cups at OT.

FA Cup - Shocking defeat to Wolves.

UEFA Champions League - Got totally put the sword by a former Gooner at Old Trafford, with Jordi scoring five in a 6-1 drubbing after a creditable 0-0 draw against the best side in England by a distance. I sold him to Villa for £5m, and he's never looked back, moving to United for £23m just a couple of years later, and his fifth goal in that game was his 49th of the season in all competitions, and it still wasn't May. Unitedalso beat our record of 37 Champions' League goals in a season in that game. Doesn't help when you ship six in a game! Clearly, I'd be winning the league year-in and year-out in Italy though, with four wins and two draws against Italian opponents in the CL this year.

Squad - still a ridiculously high set of average ratings, its very odd. This is probably my best team ever statistically but I still can't win the league!

Transfers - another profit in the transfer market. Oakes, who at Wolves won the Golden Boot, was not good enough for the team.

Finances - clearly looking good for above reasons.

Season Awards

Jack Wilshere won the FWA Footballer of the Year Award

Wilshere and Novakovic were selected in the PFA Team of the Year with Filipovic on the bench.

Novakovic and Filipovic were named in the Champions' League Dream Team.

Novakovic was the fans' player of the year.

This was the Team of the Year for the club which does show just how well the individuals in the side did this year.

The Historical Team - I don't really understand why Silva still isn't the starting XI despite being obviously better than Bender. But he and Barron are the new inductees, both on the bench.

Career Summary

2019/20     2nd          Runners-Up 3rd Round        CHAMPIONS' LEAGUE WINNERS.
2020/21     4th          6th Round  Quarter Final    Champions' League Semi-Final, SUPER CUP WINNERS, WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS

Records Broken

Highest Transfer Fee Received: £36m for Alfredo Rangel to Barcelona, 20th January.

Arsenal's Guatemalans:

There are six now. Bautista took a mega step backwards after being brilliant last year. Guerra looks a good signing. De Leon repeated his form of last year and scored Guatemala's fastest ever goal after 32 seconds against the Cayman Islands. Melgar and Alvarez spent a year at Gorica but need another for nationality. Dixon is crap and doesn't deserve to hold Lee's name. He has since been released.

Guatemala

Retained the Copa Centroamericana and qualified for the Gold Cup in doing so. Of course that means that Alvaro Hurtarte is a god in Guatemala, so that will make my job harder when it becomes mine, but it does indicate that they are now becoming a force at least in the region - they beat several teams who have played in World Cups before... Their World Ranking continues to fluctuate and remain almost where it was at the start of the season.

Some nice progress from our competitors.

Well after the hassles of moving house and christmas I now have a bit more time to play so I'm introducing you to PSG's new Malian boss Kodo Endeel(used a star wars name generator), hopefully the money behind the club can help me push for the Champions league Early on and worry about the Mali job afterwards

ayQeR.png

PSG/Mali - 12/13 - Season 1

My 1st few tasks when I took over were to firstly convince the board to improve the youth facilities, work starts at the beginning of next season. Also I set the director of football to carry out all transfer dealings and contracts. He has done not bad so far with the Transfers We have Fernando Llorente joining in July also.

League Table - We won the League on the last day of the season but half way through I really thought I was going to get sacked, I just couldn't get results so after going through 6 different formations I managed to settle on the 4-5-1 which guided me to the title making up an 8 point deficit

League Positions Graph - See the big dip at the halfway stage.

League Cup - One to be forgotten going out in the 4th round at home to Lower League opposition

FA Cup - Lost in Semi's to Ligue 2 side Monaco

UEFA Champions League - Topped the group with 4 wins and a draw, met eventual winners Man City in the 1st KO round, losing 2-0 away. In the home leg we went 1-0 up after 5 minutes but couldn't push on for the equaliser so hopefully next year we will be better

Squad - Some nice looking averages with Pastore being the stand-out player this season

Transfers - Just the modest £66million spent on 3 players

PSG's Malian's:

Mohamed Sissoko - He was part of the squad when I joined and has played to a high standard in the matches played for me.

Mali

Currently lie in 56th in the World rankings, they did manage to reach the semi-finals of the African Cup of Nations but lost 3-1 to Cameroon

Season		League		FA Cup		League Cup	Europe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		1st		Semi-finals	4th Round	1st KO round

Archived