The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.

B.W.G

Looking good mid-season, perhaps having a go at the title may be out of reach but improving on last year's 4th is certainly possible. Now why are Sangju relegated mid-season if they're 3rd? :eek: Massive financial problems perhaps?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers fella :D

With our recent form,we are now in 2nd place and 5 points behind 1st while we are ahead of 3rd place by 7 points.Sangju is a weird one and I can't find any reason why they are relegated as there finances are around the same level as ours.In 2012 they were relegated while in 12th but this is their first season back in top flight as they failed to get promoted in 2013 and got promoted in 2014.

I think there has to be a reason why they get relegated if they are not in the bottom two.

EDIT: Why they were relegated. - It's a new ruling regarding Military players.

Cheers fella :D The Korean FA Cup final was certainly much more difficult than the ACL final....

GangneungCityvLekhwiya_OverviewOverview.png

We've only gone and made it a double :D

As for the league,I feel it's out of our hands.We're in 3rd place,five points behind 1st but we have three games in hand which has caused a fixture pile up to end the season!

Cheers guys,with the results I've pulled off I think I can be called the ultimate underdog.Although winning the ACL has got me an offer from England just a couple of weeks later.

WillRichardson_NewsInbox-1.jpg

Can't say I was expecting an offer like that,will do a comparison between Wigan and Gangneung City next Post.

The low down of how Gangneung City and Wigan Athletic compare.

Gangneung City                                       Wigan Athletic

Continental                  Reputation                National

3rd                       League Position                24th

£3,421                    Transfer Budget            £11.5 Million
£15.732 p.w                 Wage Budget                £625k p.w
£15.480 p.w              Currently Spending            £397k p.w  

33,000                    Stadium Capacity              22,500
Fairly Basic             Training Facilities             Top
None                      Youth Facilties              Adequate
Minimal                   Junior Coaching              Adequate
Limited                  Youth Recruitment           Fairly Basic

I will see if I can negotiate a deal to take over at the end of the Korean season as I feel this is too good to turn down!

EDIT: Can't negotiate to the end of the Korean season.If I takeover then it will be immediate,think it's foolish to turn it down with expectations of learn from the experience of participating in the nPower Championship!

Hypanimz - Cheers mate :D Think I'd be stupid not to give it a go.

deltablue - There isn't,can't say I was expecting an offer like that this early though.

AK22 - Cheers fella :D I know,their first season in the Championship and they are bottom with one win to their name!

download.jpg

Wigan Athletic - nPower Championship - New Club - 2015/16

Current League Standings[/size]

npowerChampionship_OverviewStages.png

Key Players

Craig Dawson - DC

Carlos Carmona - DM,MC

Jose Luis Ramos - AM(RL),ST

Quite a good core of players but my only concern is an ageing squad which is something that I can start looking at by bringing in youngsters and younger players.I'm to learn from experience but I think I can survive relegation and build from there.

Manager's Thoughts

Quite a mess Paul Jewell has left me in,we have very few players in the first team and some of those are in their late 20's to early 30's.We are bottom of the table with a single win which shows how much the team is under performing as we do have some decent players.As there is no pressure on me this season,I am going to look at getting some youngsters in so they have time to develop which will help in the future,I've even prepared my own dossier for the youngsters who I know will make it in the futre.Most of the talent does come from Europe,South America and Asia,we will need to wait till January to make a noise in the transfer window.Till then,I will have to survive and make sure we don't fall apart,starting with my first game against Ipswich.

download.jpg

Wigan Athletic - nPower Championship - November/December 2015

Fixtures

WiganAthletic_FixturesSchedule-1.jpg

League Table

npowerChampionship_OverviewStages-1.png

Manager's Thoughts

I could not have asked for a better start as Wigan Manager,ten games,seven wins and three draws.We are now nine points away from the relegation zone but we are also nine points off a playoff spot which would be amazing considering where we were when I took over.The best performance so far has been the 3-0 victory over Fulham which is pretty amazing at the time as they were and still are flying high and we were rooted to the bottom of the table.The players have adapted very well to moving to a 4-3-3 formation so things have paid off there.Long may it continue.

With the transfer window opening,we have already secured three deals as we've bought in Jermaine Defoe and Costan Rican international Keylor Navas on free transfers and we've signed Armando Campos (Coach Report) for £2.7 million.Hopefully we can get a couple of more players in to give us better depth as well as a younger squad.We kick off the month in the FA Cup as we face Fulham,hopefully we can progress and start making money.Our league form is on a good run and I don't want it to end so I can only hope we can keep going and turn the pressure up on the teams challenging for a playoff spot.

I do think Campos is a very good DM,he was my second choice pick for the position as first choice as 5* PA!With regards to Wigan,it was the right move but my job status is very insecure for some reason and I haven't even been beat yet.Very worrying!

We have done very well,with it being so close at the top,we could even possibly gatecrash the chase for an automatic spot.West Brom are 2nd with 53 points from 29 games while we have 42 points from 29 games.Think the fun and games are just about to start!

Brilliant stuff to have won the ACL!! Even if both finals (ACL and Korean Cup) were more Chelsea-style rather than Gangnam style. :D That was lucky!!

Very steady start with Wigan, particularly impressive given morale must've been at an all time low, now at the current rate they'll be sorted out fine soon enough.

cerud - Thanks mate :D He's not done too bad so far,he has scored twice in two games.Can't complain really as he is on £2.8k a week.

AK22 - Cheers fella :D

noikeee - I don't even think Chelsea conceded that many shots :lol: We've done the best we could but I'm not happy with my job being very insecure,we've lost once in the league and have flown up to 12th and we have a shot at the playoffs,what more is expected off me!

We've had a busy final day in the transfer window,Arsenal signed Craig Dawson for £10.75 million.We then signed Charlie Austin from Liverpool for £1.2 million,Alexander Buttner from Sunderland for £3 million.We also bought in two hot prospects in Nabil Bah and Petar Kostadinov.

Naibil Bah - Italian/Moroccan - DR

NabilBah_OverviewProfile.png

One for the future but should get some game time this season.

Petar Kostadinov - Bulgarian - DC,DM,MC

PetarKostadinov_OverviewProfile.png

My main replacement for Craig Dawson,is one of three Bulgarians I wanted (other two failed work permits!)

It hasn't and I'm still listed as very insecure,I've got through to the 6th round of the FA Cup (where we will face Southampton or Tottenham) and we're 11th in the league in which we are 5 points off a playoff spot.Hopefully it will change in the near future as I haven't done too badly,Paul Jewell just screwed things up massively.

download.jpg

Wigan Athletic - nPower Championship - January/February 2016

Fixtures

WiganAthletic_FixturesSchedule-2.jpg

League Table

npowerChampionship_OverviewStages-2.png

Manager's Thoughts

I can't complain what so ever with the last couple of months,even if I did lose Craig Dawson for over £10.75 million who went to Arsenal.We've lost our first game under my management to Crystal Palace in the league but we are right in the fight for a playoff spot.I do feel we have the momentum at the moment as we have to be one of the most in form teams in the league.Another plus which should keep the board happy is that we've made the 6th round of the FA Cup thanks to an easier than expected run,we will now go and face Tottenham which will be a very tough game.My main aim is now to keep our league form up,I'm not too bothered by the FA Cup as it will be more of a distraction for me.I'm also happy with the way Armando Campos and Petar Kostadinov have settled and could become even better in the future.

The next couple of months will see the league campaign come closer to the end and I definitely know that we are capable of gate crashing the playoff party which is remarkable considering we were 24th when I took over in November!We also have a FA Cup tie with Tottenham which I am not too bothered about,if we win then we win,if we lose then we're out,not really bothered as the league is important to me to get the board off my back!I think we have the youth candidate day at some point in March which is my first one as manager due to my previous club not having youth facilities but I'm not expecting anything too amazing.Time to finish the campaign off in style!

I've got my job security up to stable now which is pretty relieving.We gone a bit better than challenging for the playoffs,we've gone and gate crashed them :D

npowerChampionship_OverviewStages-3-1.jpg

The last two spots for the playoffs are between us,Bristol City and Ipswich.We face Millwall (16th),Bristol City actually face Ipswich!So I think we've actually qualified for the playoffs!

cerud - There not,I actually won the playoffs and it's only "stable".What a bunch of *******!

AK22 - I've had no luck with boards.At Gangneung City,the board were tight and would do any raises or upgrades.At Wigan,they said yes to youth upgrades,I then beat Sunderland in the playoff final and as a reward they pump in £16 million,cancel the youth facilities and have reduced my transfer and wage budget for the new season!

My board are being a pain in my ass but I am ever thankful to my scouts who deserve a pay rise,they found this guy playing in Switzerland and I got him for £1.2 million thanks to a foreign club buyout clause.

PetrScasny_OverviewProfile.png

Archived