The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.

B.W.G

If the board can meet my ambition then I should be okay but for now I am in quite a good position.

I was browsing other Asian nations and I noticed this guy.

KimHyun-Jin_OverviewProfile.png

The good news is that North Koreans are treated as non-foreign in the league.Bad news is that he is draft protected.Looks like he is one to keep an eye out for in the future.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gangneung_City_FC.jpg

Gangneung City - K-League - Mid-Season - 2014

Competitions

K-League

K-League_OverviewStages.png

Korean FA Cup

We enter at the third round but the draw has not been made yet.

Overview

I am very pleased with how the season has gone so far but it is far too tight for my liking.This league is a nightmare just like the others has it splits into two groups after 30 games.Group A is the top 8 teams and group B is the bottom 8 teams,with four points separating us and ninth,one bad run can undo all our hardwork.Whatever to the good old fashion league without a split or playoffs!I know for a fact we are massively overachieving and I am hoping the board decide to up the wage limit as the strikers are not doing their job this season.If the board does up my wages then I identified three players which I would like to have at the club but we will see what happens.Time to enjoy the second half of the season.

deltablue - Thanks :D Was better,we were top for a short time but teams below had a game in hand.

danielgear - Cheers fella :D Definitely does look like the right decision as they continue to struggle and we are flying,we were out played in the last four games but we won 3 and drew the other :lol:

The team I rejected have started flying up the table but I am still confident of finishing above them.We have also made the Quarter Finals of the Korean FA Cup for the second year running,hopefully we can go further this year.

Have had a pretty torrid time in the league but managed to hold to make it into the Championship group.As for the cup,we've only gone and made the final due to this stunning win!

GyeongnamvGangneungCity_OverviewOverview.png

It was only a few days before that we lost 3-0 to them in the league!

Cheers Guys :D

We've managed to pick ourselves up in the league and are now unbeaten in the last three league games but I think we've left ourselves with too much to do.Still a good first season though.

DodgeeD - Cheers mate :D I do like a challenge and that's why I stayed.There wage budget is 11 x what I have here,just makes whatever I achieve here even more remarkable!

ashton321 - Cheers buddy :D I'll try to bring back the cup.

SRL88 - It was a nice start to the season,shame things have gone pear shaped since!

Gangneung_City_FC.jpg

Gangneung City - K-League - End of Season - 2014

2014 Transfers

For the outgoings,they players were never really going to make it.The one exception to that was Lee Jin-Woo who was forced to go out on loan due to military service.The incomings saw two youngsters come in on frees,a couple of older heads on frees and some first team signings.We raided Thai side Muangthong Utd for a triple swoop as we got three very good first teamers in for nothing thanks to our scouts.The signings made will help us for the next couple of seasons which is necessary for the club to move up.

Competitions

K-League

League Table

Very impressive showing for our first time in the K-League.We actually topped the table shortly after the half way mark but I think by the end of the season,our players were exhausted due to the small squad we had available due to injuries and suspensions.We were 2nd when the groups were made up so we went into group A for the title but we could not last and the difference was clear to see as the top teams had much better players and we were continually dominated.Hopefully next season will not be as bad for us but I need to get the right signings in to avoid second season syndrome.

Korean FA Cup

Winners

This was a remarkable tournament,we faced K-League opposition in four out of five ties and we were away from home for every tie.The 3rd round saw us beat N-League side Kimhae 3-2 thanks to a injury time goal.We edged past Jeonbuk 2-1 in the 4th round as we finished better and defended better.The Quarter Final was the easier of the matches as we beat Goyang Kookmin Bank as they could only muster long range shots which rarely were on target.The semi-final was our best performance in any competition as we won 4-1 to set up a place in the final.The final against Daegu was tough to watch as we were dominated,we scored our goals on the counter attack and we somehow held on to win the competition after being reduced to ten men.This win means we will play in the Asian Champions League next season!

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 2014 - Overall Best XI

A look at the Player's Statistics for the season.

Top Scorer

Kim Jung-Hyun - 15 Goals

Was a brilliant return from the winger who had to deal with a change in tactics again as I went from 4-4-2 diamond to 4-3-3.Scored 15 and provided 7 assists while averaging at 7.00 over 44 games.He was consistent last season and was probably one a few who could turn a game on it's head as a lot of his goals actually came from a counter attack.Not the best technically but his never say die attitude made up for it.He will be getting a shot in the AML position next season as he deserves to from performances this season.

Most Assists

Kim Tae-Jin - 10 Assists

Originally I was sure to give him a chance but as I could not find anyone,he got his shot.It was the right thing to do as he topped the assist chart with 10 as well as provide 5 goals.It was his overall play which saw him get praise for as a lot of work either started with him or went through him.His performances this season saw him pick up Fans Player of the Year.Will find it harder next season to get in the team due to a change in formation but I will play him where possible to see if this form can carry on.

Manager's Player of the Year

Aleksandar Jovanovic

Had a very impressive first season with the club after signing on a free.Played 45 times,scored 4 and won Player of the match 6 times!He averaged at 7.09 which he deserved to be that high considering the amount of work our defence actually did last season.Got him tied down till 2016 in which he will be still part of the defence unless I get a ridiculous bid in.

Special Mention

Choi Chang-Yong

He deserves some plaudits,as he was literally captain fantastic.Our captain put in many high class performances over the course of the season which proved to be vital as at times,we were battered but we still came out with a draw or a win.Still has a few more seasons in him but will be very hard to replace in the future.His performances in the last couple of seasons have seen him make it onto the list of favoured personnel so he may even be able to go higher than that!

Overview

A remarkable first season in top flight as we came 4th,won a cup and qualified for next seasons Champions League.I feel the real work starts now as I want to prove that we are not a one seasons wonder so it is vital that I stay as far away as possible from second season syndrome.With the quality of the players we had available,we definitely earned the tag of overachievers as we were dominated so many times but came away with victory.My only concern is the poor attendances for each home game,hopefully a fan will come across sooner or later and that will help increase attendances and bring in some more money.

I've signed a two year contract in which I may see it out or I may move on but it is dependant on how the club is performing and what the board is expecting as well as the budgets available as I have already blown next years wage budget as there is an increase of £2k per week.No sign of training facility upgrades and there is no sign of having any youth facilities in the near future so hopefully our run in the Champions League can bring in extra money to the clubs coffers.Unfortunately,we can only do what we can do so bring whatever happens on!

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att       Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012   Gangeung City   N-League       S.Korea       4th       3rd Rnd        N/A          1618     Playoff Defeat!
2013   Gangeung City   N-League       S.Korea       1st         Q.F          N/A          3540     Playoff Vitors!
2014   Gangeung City   K-League       S.Korea       4th       WINNERS        N/A          3707     FA Cup Winners!

Cheers fella :D Don't worry I will be,for the ACL draw,we will face Saitama UTD (Japan),Shandong (China) and Buriram Utd (Thailand).Shandong and Saitama will probably cause us trouble but I can't underestimate Buriram either but we could be able to get out of the group.

Gangneung_City_FC.jpg

Gangneung City - K-League - Pre-Season - 2015

Club Information - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-season Transfers

Seven left the club on frees as they were not part of my plan for the club to try and help bring it to the next level.Youngster Kwon Hyuk-Min left on loan to help get frist team experience at another club.A lot of players came in to try and raise things to the next level and be more competitive against other K-League clubs.I have a good mix of youth and experience and we now should have enough players to avoid the exhaustion problems which occurred at the end of last season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

GangneungCity_FixturesSchedule-2.jpg

Defensively it was the best pre-season we could have had,the attacking force was quite worrying at times with the chances we missed but as it's pre-season,we should be able gel together in the near future which could help out.

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Ri Myong-Guk - GK

One of the new signings made during pre-season.North Korean international and was released on a free,I am quite surprised no one else was interested in him as he is a good goalkeeper at this level.The major plus with this signing is that North Koreans don't count towards the foreign limit so Myong-Guk will be getting plenty of game time this season as our number one keeper.Hopefully he will be able to make a vital contribution and stop the opposition.

Aleksandar Jovanovic - DC

Starting his second season at the club,hopefully it will be as good as his first.He is the first choice DC at the club and he hasn't even reached his peak yet.He is vital to my future plans at the club as he does have clubs interested in him,thankfully he has a £450k minimum release fee in his contract.If he an perform as good as last year then I will have no problems as our defence is stronger than last year so he shouldn't be as exposed.

Ali Diarra -DM/MRC

His versatility gives him a place on the key players.Did rather well in his debut season last year as he averaged at 7.00 over 46 games which is remarkable considering there was 51 games in total last season.He will start the season off in the DM position but he will be able to cover MC if there are injuries or suspensions.A new contract is a worry as he won't sign one and I don't really want to lose him on a free at the end of the season.

Shim Dong-Woon - ST

He was a player that we had on loan last season.He started off very slowly scoring 1 in 17 but after that,things picked up a bit as he hit 10 in 27.He enjoyed his time here last season and would love a chance to join permanently,fortunately Chunnam released him which meant he could join without costing too much.I feel his performances will pick up this season now that we have a stronger squad overall so he could benefit from the strengthening.

One to Watch

Kim Hyun-Jin - ST/AMR - 1*/3.5*

Only Hyun-Jin can be considered one to watch this season.Think I got one up on my scouting team as I saw this guy in the North Korea national team.He played for St.Louis Lions originally and was draft protected,he eventually left on a free and we signed him.Should get some game time this season as we now play a ST and a AMR so he is definitely decent back up for now.He should be able to make it in a bigger league.He is also the first North Korean youngster I have seen!

Overview

I've done what I could do in pre-season,I've managed to strengthen the team so that we can give the other teams in the league a lot more of a challenge and I won't have to rely on a counter as much.We should be able to give the ACL a good go as we are not in a group of death and that should bring in some minor money into the club's coffers.For another season,I have blown more than the wage budget but I really needed to as the then squad was not strong enough.Least now we have a good chance to fight on most fronts and meet the boards minimum expectations of mid-table this season.

Again during the pre-season,no facility upgrades which is annoying which leads me not upgrading the junior coaching as there is no point if we're not getting youth players through.The chairman loves the club which means we won't be getting a takeover for quite a while,a takeover could increase the chances of the facilities being upgraded but it probably won't happen while I am here.Let's make this a season to remember and give the fans something to cheer about!

Gangneung_City_FC.jpg

Gangneung City - K-League - Mid-Season - 2015

Competitions

K-League

K-League_OverviewStages-2.png

Asian Champions League

We're through to the Quarter finals which is very remarkable achievement considering it's our debut season in the competition.No idea who we face yet as the draw has not been made.

Korean FA Cup

We are at home to Bulsan TC in the 3rd Round.Quite remarkable that we have a home time as we didn't have any in last seasons run!

Manager's Thoughts

I'm pleased with how we have performed in the ACL as we finished with a 4-2-0 record in the group stage then beat Jeju in the 2nd round.Think we can get to the latter stages of the Korean FA Cup but I know that we don't have the depth to the team due to a lack of finances and facilities to compete at our best on all fronts.The league has been more annoying than anything due to our attacking force drying up which has cost us in games.Defensively we have one of the best records in the division and hopefully that can continue,a gap of eight points behind the leaders is worrying but hopefully we can pick things up in the second half of the season to close the gap.

Cheers fella :D

Just the one team left from Australia which is Adelaide Utd FC.They beat Osaka AC 5-4 on aggregate.The only other Australian side in the competition was Perth Glory who went out in the group stage due to Jeju having better results between the two.

Archived