Having problems purchasing FM13

I have an issue regarding Football Manager 2013. I had a beta code from a friend however as the game is now out tomorrow I am unable to purchase the game for myself. Steam says that due to me owning the game already, I'm somehow not allowed to purchase the game for myself, is there anyone out there experiencing the same issue and have a solution?

Cheers

Steven

The code for the beta is the same for the full version, so since you already have that installed you can't install it again. Though I'm guessing your friend probably won't be able to use his full version now...!

In terms of a solution, I'll leave that to an official response.

The beta code is for the full game itself. Which means it will only work with your beta and full game.

So you do own the game.

And your friend will definitely not be able to use his full version; if that was his only code.

Ok I understand that, but my friend had the beta code and cancelled his order by accident. So that leaves my situation in a mess, because I needed the code to activate the game. But what can I do now? I am unable to purchase it from Steam

It just seems ludicrous really, I mean what if my friends order goes missing? He couldn't play the game anyway? I await an official response from SI, because Steam are not responsible.

So if I understand correctly, your friend has given you his game code. As you were going to buy the game for yourself anyway, can't you just buy it and send him your code? Or alternatively purchase as a gift on Steam?

Edit - You hit me with a reply whilst I was typing there!

As I understand at the moment, you should be able to contact Valve (i.e. Steam) to remove the beta game from your games library. You would then be able to purchase a new copy for yourself once it has been removed.

I'm pretty sure the solution is to be found through Valve, not Sega.

I see. Then i'm stumped.

Probably contact Valve then and have them remove the game, as Piethief says.

Weird situation though.

By that i mean, why would you use his code if he was supposed to be using the same for his full game?

Anywho. I hope you're able to sort it out :thup:

I have an issue regarding Football Manager 2013. I had a beta code from a friend however as the game is now out tomorrow I am unable to purchase the game for myself. Steam says that due to me owning the game already, I'm somehow not allowed to purchase the game for myself, is there anyone out there experiencing the same issue and have a solution?

Cheers

Steven

Do you know how your friend initially ordered FM? As from this thread there are different circumstances - it sounds like he ordered a digital copy and the keycode he gave you was also his code for the full game, and it sounds like your game will automatically update to the full game on release, alternatively Steam's system could just be confused and when the game is released (or the Beta is deactivated) it should let you buy the full game.

However you said he cancelled the ordered and normally once you have been given a key you cannot get a refund, so chances are Steam are confused over which version of the Beta you have.

• Administrators

I'm afraid that's how Steam works - it's a prevention act to stop people buying the same game twice. The only things you can do are:

Buy a code (not through Steam)/boxed copy/just collect the pre-order or wait until Nov 6th when your pre-order in Steam will expire and you can make a full-game purchase.

I'm afraid that's how Steam works - it's a prevention act to stop people buying the same game twice. The only things you can do are:

Buy a code (not through Steam)/boxed copy/just collect the pre-order or wait until Nov 6th when your pre-order in Steam will expire and you can make a full-game purchase.

He can buy the game twice actually, he buys it as a gift....he can do that and give that to his mate.....worth a thought.

He can buy the game twice actually, he buys it as a gift....he can do that and give that to his mate.....worth a thought.

So if i buy the game as a gift through Steam, do you think that would allow me to activate my copy, or because the code was from a disc based version, that wouldn't work?

So if i buy the game as a gift through Steam, do you think that would allow me to activate my copy, or because the code was from a disc based version, that wouldn't work?

From what you have said Steve, Your copy will work and he'll be without one. You can buy him a copy through Steam as a gift and send it to him. Wait for the full release (not long now) and he wont need any codes, as he will just be activating a copy of the game you sent him as he would any other game he would normally buy himself through Steam.

Or the other alternative is buy him a boxed copy from any shop that sells the game, he can use the steam code that comes with that. You can do the same with a digital copy too.

If you buy the game on Steam as a gift and store this gift in your Steam inventory, you will be able to activate it on your own account should your present game access expire/be removed (due to the end of the preorder beta or due to you asking Steam support to remove it).

Archived