Phill Cannon

Hey, Just a quick question.

I would like to sign Phil Cannon as my Director of Youth Development, Fantastic stats, but.... He likes long ball/direct style of play. Will this greatly influence the players that join at the end of the year? I like to play attacking football, well I actually have to as the board have stipulated such.

Maybe give him the job for a year, see what kind of players come through. Perhaps you could take these lumbering long passing centre backs and teach them to pass and move? They cold end up with both aspects to their game.

He's my head of youth development, will replace him when I can find someone better. Think though it's better to have someone with decent attributes over someone worse with the right playing mentality, you can shape your players early anyway.

Is there anything at all to suggest that head of youth development influences youth intake? Somebody mentioned it somewhere, somebody tested?

I've seen Cleon mention it several times in the training/tactics forum that staff personalities and preferences will influence regens and particularly the head of youth development's playing preferences will effect the regens.

I've seen Cleon mention it several times in the training/tactics forum that staff personalities and preferences will influence regens and particularly the head of youth development's playing preferences will effect the regens.

This is true, but can you not still mold any newgen into the kind of player you want to be provided they have the right starting stats distribution?

This is true, but can you not still mold any newgen into the kind of player you want to be provided they have the right starting stats distribution?

I don't see why not, like I said above think it's better for the Head of Youth Development to have good youth coach attributes as a preference over playing preferences. If you can get both great, but I think having someone who matches your playing styles but is poor attribute wise for the role is going to do more harm than good.

I put most of my most promising youth team newgens into the first team squad anyway straight away so I presume they will get affected by your tactics etc. very early.

Archived