Percentage of transfer deals

Why are clubs that players used to play for 10 years ago getting 1 and 0.5% of transfer deals. It's a bit strange considering I've seen a couple of deals in which 5 different clubs get 1% of the transfer even though the player played for them for one year when he was 17 or so. Even if this is meant to be a clause in contracts I'm pretty sure there is no way of checking if clubs are owed money and whenever news items come thorugh saying this player has moved all you get is a cloggy news item filled with all these clubs getting 1% of transfer money. IMO it doesn't really need to be featured on a news item about a player not from your club as it just takes up so much room and makes the article look untidy. I realise that in some cases the previous club have the option to have clauses such as 'percentage of next sale/profit' but 10 years and 7 moves down the line are these clubs seriously entitled to more money?

Yeah this is a great new feature. Just out of interest, say I sell a player when he is 17, then when he is 26 or some other older age and is transfered again, will I get notification via a news item to show that I am receiving money due to the player being transfered once again?

Archived