Media Prediction: mid table possible promotion contenders

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: good

Wage Budget: good

Finances: good

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im looking into new save' date=' and im looking for a team that is fun to manage and its not that hard :)[/quote']

Borussia Dortmund

Dinamo ( Croatia)

Santos

Aston Villa

Everton

Rangers

Motherwell

Nation: Europe

Division: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: ok

I have now had a break for a long time and are now looking for a new challenge. looking for a long term save..

I'm currently managing Amkar in the russian premier division, it's a bit of a difficult team to run, basically no budget, tight wages, a chairman who wants to sell and an ageing team most of the starting 11 are over 28 and some are pushing 35. However the quality is their to push for a decent finish with a bit of clever management lol.

Nation: Europe apart from Italy,Spain,Eng,Germany

Division: Top

Media Prediction: mid table/ top half

Board Expectation(s): mid table/top half

Transfer Budget: A little bit wouldn't hurt :p

Wage Budget: don't want a negative budget

Finances: not poor poor

Struggled to find a save I like, thinking going out of them leagues might help.. good youth would be good but open to options :)

Nation: Europe

Division: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: ok

I have now had a break for a long time and are now looking for a new challenge. looking for a long term save..

Aston Villa

Stoke City

Rostock

Nation: Germany, Holland, England, France

Division: Top division

European competition: Doesn't matter

Media prediction: Around mid-table preferred, but anywhere outside top-3 is fine.

Board expectations: Any

Transfer budget: Not important if the team already fits a 3-4-3 system, otherwise some money to get the missing players

Wage budget: Same as transfer

Other: Looking for a decent top-level team in the countries mentioned above. Should have a squad that can fit a flat 3-4-3 system without too many transfers. Would really prefer a german team if possible.

Nation: Germany

Division: 3. Liga

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Mid-Table or lower half but not relegation fodder

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: Not expecting much here!

Wage Budget: See transfer budget!

Finances: OK for the level but again I don't expect too much here

Other: Just looking for a fun club to try and take through the leagues at a realistic speed. Love playing in Germany but have never won the Bundesliga!

Can anyone recommend me a good lower league English team? Ideally I would like one that is lower down the leagues than is on the game, one that you would need a download to access. I already have a file that goes down to level 9 I think, so if anyone knows a team from that far down that would be good to start with that would be great.

Nation: Any, preferably Europe

Division: 1st or 2nd

European Competition: Not bothered, would be nice to be in Europe, but not too fussed

Media Prediction: Not fussed

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: A little transfer budget would be nice, but not overly bothered

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: any

Other: Basically, I want a side that I can build around this tactic:

--------------------Gk-----------------------

--------------CB---------CB------------------

---WBR-----------DM/A-------------WBL------

--------------CM---------CM---------------------

-------------------AM/AP------------------------

--------------DLF---------P---------------------

Barcelona work pretty well with this formation, but I want a team that's going to be a little bit of a challenge. The squad doesn't have to have all these positions covered, but if a position isn't covered I'll need a little bit of money to fill that spot. Also, I've just finished a save as Southampton, so don't really want to be them. Any suggestions? I'm pretty open to any ideas!

Nation: Italia or Germany

Division: 1st

European Competition: Don't need

Media Prediction: not the top 3

Transfer Budget: Some to use

Wage Budget: not over the wage budget

Other: Want a sleep giant (like Dortmund was)

Fiorentina. They have a great attacking squad.

Roma is another one but I don't think they have great finances.

Could go for Torino as well, used to be a great side, 6 titles in a row in the 40's until a plane crash killed the whole team. Only one more league title after that in the 1970's.

Nation - England

Division - League One

European Comp - N/A

Medical Prediction - Bottom half

Board Expectation - don't mind

Transfer Budget - Little or non

Wages - same as above

Finances - little

Other -want a small ish club I can take from League One to the prem on a long term game. I don't want to be Sheffield United or Bournmouth or the other 'bigger' teams in the division.

Thanks

Started one other day with Peterborough which I would fully recommend to people. Have a very young side, vast majority of the team is British homegrown and you get very little money and wages to work with so makes it a challenge to do anything. Good save if you want to concentrate on British homegrown and academy players.

Nation: European Nation (better if it's in England/Germany/France/spain/Italy/Portugal)

Division: First or second tier

European Competition: Not important

Media Prediction: Not important too

Board Expectation(s): Same as above

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy 1-2 players who are good for the team

Finances: Not too many debt

Other: I want a club with a "Tactical identity". Like Barca's TikiTaka, Cruyff's Ajax, or Juve/Napoli's 3-5-2

Nation - England

Division - League One

European Comp - N/A

Medical Prediction - Bottom half

Board Expectation - don't mind

Transfer Budget - Little or non

Wages - same as above

Finances - little

Other -want a small ish club I can take from League One to the prem on a long term game. I don't want to be Sheffield United or Bournmouth or the other 'bigger' teams in the division.

Thanks

Crewe Alexandra.

Nation:No BPL , Liga BBVA, Ligue 1/2

Division:The first division of a country

European Competition:Not in Europe ATM but needs to be a club that can get in the Champions League

Media Prediction: Mid - table / 2nd/3rd best in league (Like dortmund to Bayern)

Board Expectation(s): "something not to pressurizing"

Transfer Budget: Bucketloads, and I mean alot like over 35million

Wage Budget: Lots I guess

Finances: Rich

Other: Would Vitenesse work? I want to develop wonderkids and turn into a club legend by winning the Champions League

Hi, would greatly appreciate some advice on the following.

I have had my fun playing with big teams from big leagues. But now i want to play a challenger team in mid tier league (Not the best clubs in the league), with the eventual goal of becoming the leading club of the league and competing in Europa, CL.

I was thinking of choosing from Belgian League, Eredivisie, SPL.

I would like to know how these three leagues compare with regards to

1) Rivarly amongst clubs. For example: SPL can become one sided after a while. You play with Hibs or Hearts, there will be a time when no other club will be able to catch up with you.

2) Producing talent/quality regens. How good these regens are in European standard

3) Player retention/ability to attract higher profile players. Can you retain your talented homegrown players, or will they get unsettled and want to leave. Is your wage structure good enough to retain your best players. Can you attract players of higher profile to your league?

Hopefully i want to pick a league from these three, pick a club. Develop the club, make them strong at home, qualify for Europe then have fun with David & Goliath battles

Nation: Italia or Germany

Division: 1st

European Competition: Don't need

Media Prediction: not the top 3

Transfer Budget: Some to use

Wage Budget: not over the wage budget

Other: Want a sleep giant (like Dortmund was)

Sampdoria? Media prediction of 15th in Seria A and with players such as Sergio Romero, Matias Rodriguez, Maresca, Munari, Pedro Obiang, Angelo Polombo, Poli you have a great back bone to compete in the division and push for a place in Europe. I really enjoyed my save!

Who would you guys pick out of these 5? :

AS Roma, Bayer Leverkusen, Napoli, Real Sociedad, Valencia.

Which would be the most interesting and enjoyable save out of those? I like a squad with young potential and the ability to attract good young prospects.

Who would you guys pick out of these 5? :

AS Roma, Bayer Leverkusen, Napoli, Real Sociedad, Valencia.

Which would be the most interesting and enjoyable save out of those? I like a squad with young potential and the ability to attract good young prospects.

I have to say Roma. From the start you have young guns like Pjanic, Lamela, Dodo, Destro, Florenzi, Caprari and Mazzitelli. You even got some good names in your reserve team that is co-owned like Tachtsidis and Viviani.

For me Bayer Leverkusen or Napoli.

I think the Bundesliga is the best league on FM so I would jump at the chance to manage there. I also had massive fun at Napoli on a journeyman save on FM13.

I prefer Serie A, you get 11 subs :D but its a fun league. La Liga is good and harder to win things in due to the top 2 being miles ahead. The rest of the league is pretty even though, so you can become a solid 3rd place side for a couple of years before challenging the top 2. Serie A you have only Juventus and they don't get the amount of points the Spanish giants do but I love being in a league where the teams play varied tactics.

I prefer playing in Serie A too, just now though I am playing in La Liga with Deportivo and enjoying it but as Ranquelme said its harder to win things, the past two seasons I have finished 3rd and will probably finish there again this season as I am still quite a bit behind the top 2.

Nation: Anywhere, preferably outside england but in Europe - maybe Scandanavia

Division: Lower league

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: any

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: dont mind

Wage Budget: under wage budget to help me bring in some freebies

Finances: anything

Other: looking for a team that needs a rebuild really. Maybe with a small squad and a decent some money to spend toward that wage budget. Size of the club doesnt really matter but would like one that can get to the top of the top league in their particular nation and compete there

Nation: European

Division: Top

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Outside Champions League to Mid Table

Board Expectation(s): Lower EL to respectable league position

Transfer Budget: I can work with anything

Wage Budget: Meaningless but I'd prefer a team with a wage structure

Finances: No immediate danger

Other: A team where I can work on a few tactical ideas and maybe overachieve/ challenge for CL places

Sochaux and Nice sound good, but wouldn't Thauvin only be there for the 1st year?

Yup, but he is still a fun player to managed. I always end up buying him in my saves. Cabella from Montpellier is another favorite of mine.

Nation: Italy or Spain

Division: 2nd/3rd

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Mid Table/ Top Half

Board Expectation(s): Mid Table/ Top Half

Transfer Budget: A little to get a couple of players in

Wage Budget: A bit of space

Finances: Stable

Other: Taking a time out from my Crewe save after getting them to the Premier league, looking for something similar in the countries above, good youth prospects/facilities, preferably a team with no real trophies in the cabinet, with the potential to get right to the top.

Nation: Any european

Div : top

Transfer/wage budget : dosen't matter

finances : stable if possible

other : looking for a country which has a good track record of developing quality youngsters and a good national team, but at the same time is in a league, where teams struggle to compete in european competitions. Would like to take the best team in the league in order to take them to european glory and using local players as a main point of the team.

So you want a nice one team poor league with a club that has the potential to cultivate some stars ManUtdFan? How about Celtic? A few lower quality clubs could include FC Copenhagen; FC Dinamo Zagreb; Maribor or HJK Helsinki. Do any of those take your fancy?

So you want a nice one team poor league with a club that has the potential to cultivate some stars ManUtdFan? How about Celtic? A few lower quality clubs could include FC Copenhagen; FC Dinamo Zagreb; Maribor or HJK Helsinki. Do any of those take your fancy?

Yeah El_Loco7, i actually tried HJK, but just couldn't find a fitting tactic for them and rage quitted haha, had a 3+ season game with Maribor earlier in the year. The Danish league is too good imo, but Zagreb is a great shout tho. Any more lower quality clubs you have in mind :) ?

Yeah El_Loco7, i actually tried HJK, but just couldn't find a fitting tactic for them and rage quitted haha, had a 3+ season game with Maribor earlier in the year. The Danish league is too good imo, but Zagreb is a great shout tho. Any more lower quality clubs you have in mind :) ?

You could also try Red Bull Salzburg, great financial backing, growing club and aim to be succesfull in Champions League :)

Inspired by a rewatch of the QPR documentary "The Four Year Plan", I'm looking to start a save on FM13 along a similar premise - to get the club into the top flight after three/four seasons work. Rarely manage in England on the game these days but thought I'd have a good go at a save I could eventually make long-term.

Nation: England

Division: Championship/League One

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: mid-table/relegation places (Championship)/top half (League One)

Board Expectation(s): somewhere in mid-table for at least a season (Championship)/top half (League One)

Transfer Budget: not especially fussed

Wage Budget: under budget preferred

Finances: Stable, with as little debt as possible preferred

Other: Ideally a team with a relatively patient chairman to allow me to establish myself.

Inspired by a rewatch of the QPR documentary "The Four Year Plan", I'm looking to start a save on FM13 along a similar premise - to get the club into the top flight after three/four seasons work. Rarely manage in England on the game these days but thought I'd have a good go at a save I could eventually make long-term.

Nation: England

Division: Championship/League One

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: mid-table/relegation places (Championship)/top half (League One)

Board Expectation(s): somewhere in mid-table for at least a season (Championship)/top half (League One)

Transfer Budget: not especially fussed

Wage Budget: under budget preferred

Finances: Stable, with as little debt as possible preferred

Other: Ideally a team with a relatively patient chairman to allow me to establish myself.

QPR really had a plan?

In the Championship, maybe a team like Charlton ticks your boxes? Not sure on the media predictions for Boro, Brighton, Ipswich, but can't imagine they're expecting promoton? Or maybe Derby?

In League 1 there aren't too many financially stable clubs about. Crewe of course meet all your criteria but how about Bournemouth, Tranmere or Brentford for teams that are yet to make the Premier League? You could try and restore a sleeping giant, though the finances of Preston, Sheff Utd and Coventry are far from ideal.

I like your plan and hope you find the right team to enjoy a slow upwards progression.

@ Gee-Simpson. Bilbao have a big budget but you can only sign Basque players. I never tried either but more flexibility with Sociedad.

@ ManUtdFan: Zagreb is a good one, Copenhagen I enjoyed too. RB Salzburg & Celtic as suggested might be a good ones for you, although I imagine the SPL must be a bit too easy for them. Another contender could be Partizan? I'm interested to know what managing Maribor was like.

Archived