FM13 - Defenders, Wingers and Conceding from crosses.

The ME has improved dramatically and had a lot of bug fixed compared to the ME version you are all currently playing.

Although some of what's been reported are not bugs and re down to bad tactics and tactic familarity. Not all ofc but a large number are user errors.

I wouldn't be so sure :D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/320432-Next-match-engine-update-fixes-so-far...

Yes, we are all aware of a corner exploit in the engine, in fact fixing it would have resulted in more "cascading" issues. The point you seem to miss is that while there are obvious issues with certain aspects of the engine, the fact that all issues raised thus far have focused on how the "player" has found it difficult to "defend" or "attack" is irrelevant to me, because noone has shown me that the AI has faced a similar issue. If the AI regularly faces the same issues then its time for supertactics or supersystems . If you can take a 2nd division team and use these "flaws" to beat a top division side then there are glaring match engine issues that need to be dealt with. What this thread has failed to prove is that there is a match engine issue. All it has successfully done is prove that the people who are playing the game are screwing up, if the AI too is screwing up the same way then i completely concur that there is potentially a match engine flaw, the next step would be to replicate it successfully.

I am already playing the beta and I can see certain glaring problems which i understand have been catalogued as occurring both for the AI and the human player..these will be logged and dealt with. Now as far as wingers scoring goals is concerned, when you see the AI give up goals easily, have you shown once again that this is a directly result of a high DL, creating tonnes of spaces exploited via a through ball and players using their through channels ppm? then thats what the match engine is supposed to do. Is it scoring goals cos the players are not making any attempt ..(ie the AI) fullbacks do not even track the player or mark the space? Then yes it could be a match engine isssue.

If it is then you need, since you insist you are right, go and upload your pkms, with remarks attesting to these instances happening at whatever time period in the game. The coders can then take a look, and the designers can see if its a flaw in the logic.

Right now i have been playing the beta and as far as i can see the AI is doing what i expect, but if you are creating a unique set of circumstances that have resulted in an AI that seems impotent to defend then you could either come on when the game goes "live" to proclaim the existence of a super tactic that exploits flaws in the match engine or you could do something else by allowing someone else to replicate these unique circumstances.

Watch the video a few posts up, it's AI v AI goals and the same circumstances are being replicated time and time again. How many free headers and shots at the back post to the same type of cross do you need to see, how many headers and shots from crosses that are literally within arms reach of the gk do you need to not see there is obviously a problem.

I don't really see how people can sit there and say goals from crosses is not a problem. But if that's not in the demo, then it doesn't really matter.

It's just a bit annoying that they won't update the beta. If you want it to be a marketing thing, then make it clear that it's frozen code. Don't call it an "open public beta" and then have people locked into an obsolete version of the game, it's dishonest.

You do realise that beta goes on for a long time right? At the time of releasing it, it would have been update but as the game is always been worked on it will never be finished. So in this instance they'd have been working on some of the bugs they were aware off and trying to fix them without breaking anything else.

It's not as easy to say give us an updated one blah blah because at the time that would have been upto date but over a few days things quickly change and stuff gets fixed etc.

And you was never given the beta to provide feedback and test it, it was given to give you a feel for the game. That's clear in the beta FAQ's. However if someone did want to provide feedback and bugs then it would be welcomed. But you was never given it to test to stop making out you was and read the FAQ's etc.

They've already said, pretty much as soon as beta started, that the demo has a newer ME.

It's a bit besides the point now, as Kriss pointed out to me that they didn't ask us to test it, just that we could play an older version of the game earlier for those that pre-ordered. It's still a bit odd to me though, as it will take a considerable amount of man hours to read the reports that already cover resolved issues.

They've already said, pretty much as soon as beta started, that the demo has a newer ME.

It's a bit besides the point now, as Kriss pointed out to me that they didn't ask us to test it, just that we could play an older version of the game earlier for those that pre-ordered. It's still a bit odd to me though, as it will take a considerable amount of man hours to read the reports that already cover resolved issues.

I agree it is odd with the whole beta/demo thing, if it was me I'd have updated the beta for those playing but thats just my opinion :)

At the end if the day it's a beta, it's for people to experience the whole game, the match engine fixes will still be done right up to when the game launches and then work will continue throughout the life cycle of the game. If people feel strongly that there are issues, then update this in the bugs forum, otherwise discussing it on a forum where the bug fixers don't appear will be counter productive. There is a forum for bringing this up, and its not here. What would be more relevant is someone linking all the flaws together and developing a system that obliterates the AI on this forum, then whilst you ave the individual bugs, a system also exists on how to take advantage of the AI. I've done that countless times in the past and posted it on the forums and on the match engine forums and then the issues get fixed. For now its only a beta

I think the problem that they have is that when an issue this big is found (Kriss just told me that it's been somewhat fixed in the ME that will be included in the demo) that people have to wait for a period of months before an issue is resolved. And then, there have been more than a couple of occasions where the issue has either been not resolved, or has caused another, equally annoying issue.

If they released updates a bit quicker (which they have done to some extent with hotfixes in the last couple of versions, although I don't know if any of these applied to the match engine, which they seem unwilling to update quickly) then it would alleviate some of the moaning.

There improvements to what was already an improved version compared to what you are playing :)

Interesting read. All i got from that thread was the come release, the ME still wont be any near satisfactory and we'll have to rely on constant hot fixes to get it up to speed. Its one thing to always be working on an ME that's atleast playable and realistic, but at the moment its so bad you read people reverting back to FM12 until its fixed. Why modern gaming companies are releasing games so unfinished these days is beyond me, its unacceptable to release products like this.

Come release its going to be like purchasing a car and being told that the engine dosent work properly so you'll have to bring it in for servicing every week for the first few months in order to get it running properly. Just delay the release of the game until its ready, or is releasing a ****** produce on a good name cause you know it'll get the xmas sales no matter what more important?

As for those stating its tactical errors, far to many people are having the EXACT same issue. You cant talk about defensive lines when players wont even enter their own 6 yard box etc. Tactical errors or not, playing as man united is like watching messi on the wings, and div 3 sunday amatuers at the back!

Interesting read. All i got from that thread was the come release, the ME still wont be any near satisfactory and we'll have to rely on constant hot fixes to get it up to speed. Its one thing to always be working on an ME that's atleast playable and realistic, but at the moment its so bad you read people reverting back to FM12 until its fixed. Why modern gaming companies are releasing games so unfinished these days is beyond me, its unacceptable to release products like this.

Come release its going to be like purchasing a car and being told that the engine dosent work properly so you'll have to bring it in for servicing every week for the first few months in order to get it running properly. Just delay the release of the game until its ready, or is releasing a ****** produce on a good name cause you know it'll get the xmas sales no matter what more important?

As for those stating its tactical errors, far to many people are having the EXACT same issue. You cant talk about defensive lines when players wont even enter their own 6 yard box etc. Tactical errors or not, playing as man united is like watching messi on the wings, and div 3 sunday amatuers at the back!

People over react and always have always will. There was still some last year who wouldn't play FM12 as they claimed it was unplayable, when it truth was it is very playable.

FM13 is will be very playable when the full game is out. People are treating the early access as the final product when it never was intended to be that. FM13 currently isn't as bad as a lot of people are making out, sure its got problems and bugs but to claim its unplayable is a little bit silly.

The reason that many people have problems is they don't understand how the game actually works and its easy to blame a bug for something that can fixed. Myself and many others who understand the game have shown this to be the case on numerous occassions over the past few years. Yet people still wont accept its something they do. (Not always somethings are genuine bugs but a lot generally aren't when we look at their games/tactics/pkm's etc).

A lot of people who post in this very forum ask for help yet have never watched a full game back or any part of a game other than highlights yet still fail to accept something is their fault.

Sure the game as some bugs but not everything that people claim in this thread alone is a bug.

Anyways this thread is just going in circles. If someone thinks they have a bug then use the appropriate forum and post in the bugs forum regardless of if someone else has posted it or you assume someone else will. So many people shout 'bug this, bug that' yet only 1 person who as posted in this thread as even reported anything in the bugs forums. That's pretty bad considering how many people claim its unplayable in its current form. If you're than unhappy then do something about it rather than just moaning. Actually report it as a bug.

I'm going to close this now as everything as been covered and we'll just keep banging on about the same things. There is a feedback thread over in general that is quite big. Anything else to say on the matter please use that from now on :)

Archived