FM13: Football Club Copenhagen

Herbie2100

Alright, I'm going to ask you lads something now, whenever I do teamtalks and I have individual talks, the player beneath the player I say something to gets affected by it, and the player I say something to doesn't react at all, what the hell is this? Does anyone know? It annoys the crap out of me....

After my main team talk I say I have faith (assertive) and it gets a positive reaction from nearly everyone

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After my main team talk I say I have faith (assertive) and it gets a positive reaction from nearly everyone

I wasn't asking what to say, I asking if any of you have experienced this too? When I do main team talk and a player or two doesn't get a reaction, I do an individual team talk for both of them, but when I do that, the player beneath the one I said something too reacts to it, and the player who I was talking too doesn't react at all.

At risk of completely stealing Viggo Vickers' schtick in the FCN thread...

FC København - 2014-15

Transfers in:

Screenshot2012-12-30at94548PM_zpsedbc678e.png

Transfers out:

Screenshot2012-12-31at71934PM_zps316e378f.png

We were pretty active in the summer transfer window with the big €2.1M signing of Finland's Sparv as a probably replacement for Grindheim and a partner for Claudemir in central midfield. Frederik Midtsjø, a 20-year old Norwegian attacking midfielder, joins the strong attacking ranks at København and will mainly provide backup to Kadrii and Vingaard, and probably central midfield, too. Despite having Wiland as first choice keeper, Rønnow is an important signing for the future having played two full seasons for Horsens in the Superliga. He's very young and already in Denmark's plans for the future, and now mine, too. 21-year old Jonassen makes it four Norwegians in the senior squad and is important cover for Bengtsson at left back. I found throughout the first half of the season that we lacked cover on the left wing and were forced to play Bengtsson there a couple of times, so Kusk, transfer listed at Aalborg came in on the back of a good first couple of periods.

On the sale front, we off-loaded a few of the youngsters who had spent time on loan and have fallen out of favour. Dresden were nice enough to spend more than €3M on Vetokele and Abdellaoue who hadn't really featured so far, while depth player Gíslason moved to the La Liga. The big sale in the new year was promising central midfielder Delaney to the Jupiler Pro League for a very fair price of €1.3M. I think he's pretty good and spent a profitable year across the bridge at Malmö on loan, but he was getting itchy feet and wasn't high up in the pecking order.

Superliga:

Screenshot2012-12-30at84232PM_zps72e862b5.png

A good but inconsistent year, but we led from third game of the season and never dropped any lower. We suffered our first defeat of the year at the end of August at home to FC Midtylland, but from the end of September we did not lose a Superliga fixture until an away loss at Odense on Mar. 13. The highlights of the year were 4-2 and 5-2 hammerings of arch rivals and defending champions Brøndby in our first two meetings, and an amazing 6-4 win over AGF in the final run to the title thanks to a hat trick from Cornelius.

As far as players went, Cornelius was the stand out in what was really his first season not entirely interrupted by injury. Playing alone up front, he only scored ten Superliga goals but also created twelve others. In the absence of Kadrii early, Vingaard had by far his best season in a while with five goals in his first two games and a club-leading thirteen from the season from his 20 starts. He also managed ten assists. Kadrii eventually returned and managed a haul of eleven as he passed ten goals for the second season running. In his first season, Sparv was good in central midfield as he cemented himself as a very fine ball winning midfielder with an average rating of 7.23. At the back, €1.6M signing Pontus Jansson continues to improve with 23 starts and average rating of 7.56. While we scored heaps, we conceded a lot of goals which was a worry.

Champions League:

First Knockout Round:

Win
: A 2-0 Galatasaray

Win
: H 3-1 Galatasaray

Second Knockout Round:

Loss
: H 1-2 Valencia

Draw: A 3-3 Valencia

In the last year for a while for two Danish Champions League clubs, we did exceptionally well to beat our group stage opponents from last year Galatasaray over two legs thanks to three goals from Jørgensen. We went ahead in the third minute at home to Valencia, before two goals in the last ten minutes from Jonas made it tough. We were, incredibly, ahead 4-3 on aggregate in the return leg after a brace from the centre half Jansson, but conceded twice in the last half hour to be bounced out.

Europa League:

Group Stage:

Win
: H 4-2 Sparta Prague

Win
: A 4-2 Zürich

Draw: H 0-0 Sevilla

Win
: A 2-0 Sevilla

Loss
: A 0-1 Sparta Prague

Win
: H 5-1 Zürich

1st Knockout Round:

Draw: A 1-1

Win
: H 3-1

2nd Knockout Round:

Win
: H 4-0 Atlético Madrid

Draw: A 0-0 Atlético Madrid

Quarterfinals:

Loss
: H 0-2 Bayer Leverkusen

Loss
: A 2-4 Bayer Leverkusen

While the Europa League wasn't what we wanted from this year, it was an incredibly successful year as we bounced back with a quarterfinal appearance which I assume will help our coefficient a little after Brøndby exited the Champions League in the Group Stages?

We qualified top of our group with Cornelius and Jørgensen combining for nine goals. The highlight, though, was our trip back to Spain where Sparv and Kadrii led us to a 2-0 win. In the knockouts, we proved too good for Dinamo Moscow and then hammered Atlético Madrid at home thanks to four individual goalscorers.

Our run came to an end in Germany despite a brace from Tim Sparv who managed five goals throughout our run.

Europa1314_zpse46317d9.jpg

DBU Pokalen:

3R
-
Win
: A 3-1 Brøndby IF

4R
-
Win
: H 4-1 Esbjery fB

QF
-
Win
: A 4-2 HB Køge

SF1
-
Win
: H 6-0 AC Horsens

SF2
-
Loss
: A 0-2 AC Horsens

F
-
Win
: H 1-1 (4-1) Lyngby

No troubles in the Danish Cup, but we were incredibly unimpressive in the final as Stadsgaard's fifth minute strike was cancelled out late. Despite not getting huge Superliga time thanks to Cornelius' largely injury-free run, Torstein Andersen Aase led the scoring charts with four goals.

First XI (by starts)

Screenshot2012-12-31at103702PM_zpsd786c6ce.png

Second XI (by starts)

Screenshot2012-12-31at103716PM_zps587ea3ed.png

Next season:

Well the main aim has to be to make the Group Stages of the Champions League - unfortunately we'll have to go through qualifying this time due to the hit our coefficient has taken. I've been promised a €6M transfer budget and an extra €100K in wages per week on what we are paying at the moment. I'll probably look into spending that on another striker, a central midfielder and, with Jacobsen's retirement, another right back to challenge Remmer. I had offers from Russia of about €5M for Claudemir. He turns 28 this month, and I might consider it if the right offer comes in. It will leave us with a big hole in central midfield, though, but it will get rid of another non-Scandinavian (its just him and Bolanos left).

That is just about the best layout I've ever seen on here. Damn, I've gotta up my game for my update haha! :D Great to see you go all the way to the final 8 in the Champions League. That's also the best I've managed so far.

I don't have that many Scandinavian players though. I'd love to have them, but I don't have any scouts who can find anyone near good enough for my team. Who are your scouts and how do you find good enough Scandinavian players to get to the final 8 in the Champions League? The only Scandinavian players I've seen who are good enough, are some of those gems right at the start of a game, and I simply couldn't afford them at that time.

I wasn't asking what to say, I asking if any of you have experienced this too? When I do main team talk and a player or two doesn't get a reaction, I do an individual team talk for both of them, but when I do that, the player beneath the one I said something too reacts to it, and the player who I was talking too doesn't react at all.

Only trying to help anyway it happens to me on every tt I do

That is just about the best layout I've ever seen on here. Damn, I've gotta up my game for my update haha! :D Great to see you go all the way to the final 8 in the Champions League. That's also the best I've managed so far.

I don't have that many Scandinavian players though. I'd love to have them, but I don't have any scouts who can find anyone near good enough for my team. Who are your scouts and how do you find good enough Scandinavian players to get to the final 8 in the Champions League? The only Scandinavian players I've seen who are good enough, are some of those gems right at the start of a game, and I simply couldn't afford them at that time.

Final 8 of the Europa League, man :p .

I haven't spent any huge money on players yet, really. Sparv is my biggest signing at €2.1M, while the rest have been around €1M or lower. Because I'm just signing Scandinavian players, my aim is to slowly build up my reputation I guess and also my youth system which is pretty shoddy. I don't know if the Superliga really does give out so much prize money or the period system is a bit flawed, but you win about €10M if you win the league and do well in the periods so it does help.

Final 8 of the Europa League, man :p .

I haven't spent any huge money on players yet, really. Sparv is my biggest signing at €2.1M, while the rest have been around €1M or lower. Because I'm just signing Scandinavian players, my aim is to slowly build up my reputation I guess and also my youth system which is pretty shoddy. I don't know if the Superliga really does give out so much prize money or the period system is a bit flawed, but you win about €10M if you win the league and do well in the periods so it does help.

Ahhh, I read it as Champions League. Still, it is quite good for a Danish team, considering how we're doing IRL. I'm also upgrading my youth systems, so I can produce some worthy players. I've only produced one so far, and he came from the academy before I got to upgrade it. He's at 4* PA and is slowly taking Bengtsson's place on the team sheet. I haven't been lucky in recent years with regens from my academy. Best I've got was a 3* PA.

Yeah it was a pretty good run. Had a comfortable draw, but still don't know how we hammered At. Madrid 4-0, though. So long as you don't sell anyone, I think the front four perform pretty well against most clubs in Europe.

Sounds better than me. The club spent €4M upgrading the youth facilities this season, and the first batch out didn't have anyone over 1-star potential. I guess it is too early for that, though.

Yeah it was a pretty good run. Had a comfortable draw, but still don't know how we hammered At. Madrid 4-0, though. So long as you don't sell anyone, I think the front four perform pretty well against most clubs in Europe.

Sounds better than me. The club spent €4M upgrading the youth facilities this season, and the first batch out didn't have anyone over 1-star potential. I guess it is too early for that, though.

I believe I've upgraded the Youth System twice, and I still only get a couple of 2.5* PA at most, and the rest are ½-1* PA. The board kept rejecting me everytime I wanted to upgrade it further, so I hadn't done it in a while, and I just did it now, and they agreed to upgrade the Youth Facilites after some persuasion :thup: I really hope I can start producing some much better players. It would be very fun to try and win a European cup with a team full of Scandinavian players!

Yep, that's the ultimate aim!

I don't really have a problem with buying a couple of foreign players in the meantime, but the ultimate goal is to win the Champions League with an all-Scandinavian side.

Exactly! Right now, most of my players are foreign, but I aim to be able to make a world class Scandinavian squad.

I'm close to finishing the 2017/18 season now, so I thought it would be an appropriate time to ask now, Mongrel, how did you make that graphic that shows the rounds in the Europa League? I want to make one for Champions League, as it looks freaking amazing! ;)

Sorry I had been travelling and unable to post anything up. Just finished my 2nd season with a second Superliga triumph.

Top performer was still Abdellaoue with a league return of 22 goals in 25(2) games. Cornelius got 7 in 16(6) league games followed by Claudemir with 7 in 32 as my B2B midfielder.

I tweaked my usual 442 (poacher and target man) at midpoint of season 2 and often went with a DM plus 2 x CM and two attacking wingers with just a poacher upfront. As such Cornelius was often a bench option and my two decent target men (Kozak and Perbet) were rarely able to feature. Jorgensen did even better pushed further up on the left.

The back 4 (protected by the excellent Mads Albaek at DM) was again solid with Ottesen and Strandberg edging out Sigurdsson. I try to move on players over 30 but Alessandro Potenza did a good job at RB on a one-year contract. I will probably need to replace him unless I continue with Stadsgaard or Remmer, but apart from converting the 2-year loan of Mikkel Andersen (I wanted to keep a Danish keeper) for £575k, no other new players are expected to join as I have very good depth and versatility.

I will be taking a break on this now partly because of the facepack issue I encountered, but I will return for season 3 when I get bored of my newly created Sao Paulo save.

Without hijacking this great thread (they don't have one of their own), my project there is to use only Brazilians with photos (90% of their players have them if you have the megapack). Any player without a pic is put in the reserves and will not be used. I will try to move them on and replace them with either youth players or possibly one or two other Brazilians that meet my criteria. I have a rogue Argentinian to move on but I already clinched the State Championship (so many games it's like playing FMC) and I have made a solid start in the National league.

I will check in on this FCK page to see how you're all doing and will no doubt return soon. Best of luck to all - it's a great save and a thread to match.

This is my first time making a season summary post, so please let me know how I can improve!

FC København - 2017/18

Superliga

PKrS8.png

What a season it was. Not only was I undefeated (once again :D) I also scored 107 goals + I won every single game, giving me maximum points.

By far my best season ever on any FM. I was surprised I could go a whole season winning every single game, as I tend to rotate a lot in the Superliga. I use 2 squads. There is my starting XI, and there is the substitutes/reserves squad.

They play pretty much the same amount of games in the Superliga, as I'm playing in 3 tournaments all year. My starting XI plays all of the Champions League games, my substitutes/reserves squad plays all DBU Pokal games, and depending on how packed the game programme is, I rotate them both pretty much equally in the Superliga.

DBU Pokalen

MEHJN.png

Champions! I did expect to win this tournament, but I didn't expect AGF and AaB to put up the fight that they did. I was expecting easy wins, but the games were surprisingly close.

UEFA Champions League

rikuL.png

Yep, your eyes aren't fooling you. I was playing in the Champions League final baby! Qualification went smooth as always. Then we got our group, which worried me a bit. I knew Steaua would be a walk in the park and a guaranteed 6 points, but I wasn't sure how I'd handle AC Milan and Arsenal. They proved to be some good opponents, but not so good that I couldn't win the group. I finished top with 15 points, which was more than I expected, and Arsenal came 2nd with 13 points.

Then we faced Tottenham. I knew we stood a chance, as Tottenham and Arsenal are similar sides, and my team was strong enough to beat Arsenal. It made for some close games, but in the end I got a 3-2 win on aggregate against Tottenham and I was pretty hopeful going to the quarter finals, as that was the furthest I had ever gotten in the Champions League. My hope was soon crushed when we were set to face Barcelona in the quarter final. How we did it, I have no clue, but we beat a Barcelona squad with the likes of Thiago, Messi and Neymar, 4-3 on aggregate to secure our spot in the semi's. I was set to meet either Man Utd, Man City or PSG. I was praying for PSG and my prayers were heard. I knew if we were have a chance of playing in the finals, we would have to pull PSG, as Man Utd and Man City were just way too good for me to beat. I was going to Paris with hope of getting either a 0-0 draw or a small loss. I got the small loss, and I was confident we could get a 2-0 victory at home in Parken. To say the least, I was very happy when I battered PSG 4-0 at home. These great performances made me believe that there was a small chance I could actually beat Man Utd in the Champions League final. I even got up 2-0, and I was already thinking that the Treble was mine! My hopes got crushed when Gareth Bale decided he'd like to win the Champions League for the 2nd year in a row, and scored twice and getting an assist. To add insult to injury Man Utd scored a late goal to make it 4-2. Even though we lost, I'm very proud of getting to the Champions League Final already.

2017/18 Records

Superliga

Most Team Goals - 107

Most Team Points - 99

Most Games Won In Row - 45 (Still going)

Most Games Without Losing - 134 (Still going, still wondering how)

Most Games Without Conceding - 7

UEFA Champions League

Most Team Goals - 43

Most Assists - 12 by Dejan Stojanov

Note that I did play 4 games to qualify to the Champions League, so I've had more games than most other teams to set these records.

The Squads

____________________Starting XI__________________________________________________________Substitutes/Reserves XI

LPLop.png_________________________KFuOU.png

Both squads are strong enough to win the Superliga, which is why I have the luxury of being able to rotate a lot.

As Ottesen just retired, I will be bringing in a new young CB to play in the Substitutes/Reserves squad. I might offload Adryan as he didn't perform as well as he used to, and he is the player with the highest wages. César Augusto has proved he is more than capable of replacing Adryan. Therefore I'm also looking for a new AMC for my Substitutes/Reserves squad. Same might happen to Cornelius. His wages are high, he often picks up injuries, and he has a hard time finishing the easiest of chances. Ivanovic proved that he is capable of performing in the Champions League while Cornelius was injured, which is why he'll most likely take his place, and I will have to find a new striker for my Substitutes/Reserves squad.

Sigurdsson and Vieytes are soon going to swap places, as Sigurdsson is turning 32 soon, and Vieytes has put in some great performances. The same thing is soon going to happen to Bengtsson/Mortensen and Claudemir/Mandarino. Claudemir and Bengtsson are getting of age, and Mortensen and Mandarino have showed they can play for my first team.

Key Players

Dejan Stojanov - A class act. By far my best player, and he can win games on his own. He's even showed that in the Champions League.

Nicolai Jørgensen - A great finisher and also assists a good amount of goals. I like to compare him to Jesper Grønkjær.

Ragnar Sigurðsson - A rock as always. Has performed ever since I took over in 2012.

Claudemir - The link between defence and attack. Very important player, even though he is getting older.

César Augusto - Soon to be found in my starting XI. He's my Brazilian Michu. Scores a lot of goals for an AMC!

The Future

Edgardo Vieytes - Will take Ragnar's place in my starting XI soon enough. Great player.

Luciano Mandarino - Swapping with Claudemir soon. Already a fantastic midfielder.

Nicklas Mortensen - Product of our own Youth Academy. Will be replacing Bengtsson soon.

In the future I'd like to win the Champions League. It is the only trophy I can compete for that I haven't won yet. The ultimate aim is to win the Champions League with a full Scandinavian squad, but at the moment it isn't possible. I can't hire any good Scandinavian scouts, as the only good ones at are huge clubs in Europe. My own Youth Facilites are great, but they still don't produce great players. There's only 1 player in my squads who is from my own Youth Academy, and that's Mortensen. He came through in the 2012/13 season and is rated 4* PA.

Excellent work rGade, that's an outstanding achievement in the league!! Your European campaign is slightly better than my two early exits from the Champions League and brief runs in the Europa League;).

It's also good to see that you still have a core of 'originals' in your side. KUTGW.

This is my first time making a season summary post, so please bare with me and let me know how I can improve!

In the future I'd like to win the Champions League. It is the only trophy I can compete for that I haven't won yet. The ultimate aim is to win the Champions League with a full Scandinavian squad, but at the moment it isn't possible. I can't hire any good Scandinavian scouts, as the only good ones at are huge clubs in Europe. My own Youth Facilites are great, but they still don't produce great players. There's only 1 player in my squads who is from my own Youth Academy, and that's Mortensen. He came through in the 2012/13 season and is rated 4* PA.

[/size]

The thing you should do is to check the U19-U21 squads of the Scandinavian countries - and then when the newgens comes into the game, you can see which clubs that have taken in newgens by clicking on the icon that looks like the earth (up an almost to the right) - go down to transfers, select Europe - beside the highlighted transfers (on the left hand side at the top) you select youth intake instead of all transfers - that will show you what newgens that have come into the game

Danish newgens comes on the 8th of Marts, Norwegian on the 1th of October, Swedish on the 2nd of September, Finish on the 25th of September and Icelandic on the 13th of August

Of course you are now guarentied that a newgen with promising stats will be great, and that a newgen with poor stats will be a class European footballer, but it is down to your judgement if you want to sign them or not - and you can always use a non-Scandinavian scout to check out their potential

It will be a tough job if you have the other Scandinavian leagues loaded (as there will be a hole lot more players coming through), to check through all the newgens - but again up to you

Hope that it will help you

Excellent work rGade, that's an outstanding achievement in the league!! Your European campaign is slightly better than my two early exits from the Champions League and brief runs in the Europa League.

It's also good to see that you still have a core of 'originals' in your side. KUTGW.

Thanks mate. I didn't even notice that I had won all my games in the league until there were about 10 games left. I was very surprised, when I saw it. I wasn't expecting that much succes in Europe and I don't think I'll make it past the quarter finals again anytime soon. I've made it out of the group stages every year, but I usually get knocked out in the first knockout round. I've only managed to get to a quarter final once, a few years ago.

The thing you should do is to check the U19-U21 squads of the Scandinavian countries - and then when the newgens comes into the game, you can see which clubs that have taken in newgens by clicking on the icon that looks like the earth (up an almost to the right) - go down to transfers, select Europe - beside the highlighted transfers (on the left hand side at the top) you select youth intake instead of all transfers - that will show you what newgens that have come into the game

Danish newgens comes on the 8th of Marts, Norwegian on the 1th of October, Swedish on the 2nd of September, Finish on the 25th of September and Icelandic on the 13th of August

Of course you are now guarentied that a newgen with promising stats will be great, and that a newgen with poor stats will be a class European footballer, but it is down to your judgement if you want to sign them or not - and you can always use a non-Scandinavian scout to check out their potential

It will be a tough job if you have the other Scandinavian leagues loaded (as there will be a hole lot more players coming through), to check through all the newgens - but again up to you

Hope that it will help you

Thanks mate, I'll definitely try that out, and see if it brings me some Scandinavian talent.

Started up a new FC Copenhagen game

Edited Cornelius injury proneness to 7 - as indications are that it will be at that lvl in the next update - changed nothing else

Been playing a 2-3-2-1-2 until the January transfer window, but will be changing to a 4-3-3 (with 3 strikers) now

Team as it is

Wiland (Christensen)

Jacobsen (Remmer)

Jakobsen (Bengtsson)

Milosevic (Ragnar)

Okore (Stadsgaard)

Strandberg (Delaney)

Albæk (Vingaard)

Claudimir (Vingaard)

Helenius (Kadrii)

Cornelius (Santin)

Jørgensen (Abdellaoue)

Signed players for £7m (Helenius £1.7m, Albæk £875k, Strandberg £475k, Milosevic £1.1m, Okore £1.3m, Kadrii £1.5m) as much a possible over £48 monts to make most of the transfer money - Got a massive £92 left on the wage budget, and none of the transfer budget

Sold players for £5m

Lorenzo De Silvestri will be joining in the summer to be the new RB - Jacobsen have to leave to free up wage + he is old + De Silvestri will hopefully add to the transfer budget, when Remmer is ready to start (he looks much more promising in my current game that in my last one - only need to improve his positioning to be playable)

Erik Janza will join to be back up at LB - Bengtsson will leave to hopefully add to the transfer budget

-

Santin will be leaving in the summer as his age doesn't justify spending a lot of money on a new contract + he is only backup atm

Thanks mate. I didn't even notice that I had won all my games in the league until there were about 10 games left. I was very surprised, when I saw it. I wasn't expecting that much succes in Europe and I don't think I'll make it past the quarter finals again anytime soon. I've made it out of the group stages every year, but I usually get knocked out in the first knockout round. I've only managed to get to a quarter final once, a few years ago.

Thanks mate, I'll definitely try that out, and see if it brings me some Scandinavian talent.

Danish newgens on the 18th of Marts, not the 8th of Marts

My View: Current players

Playing his first season, Andreas Cornelius, he has massive potential ( bought him for Man Utd 2 stars / 4 potential, that's higher than Javier Hernandez and Welbeck, very close to Rooney and RVP )

Just to clear this out of the way, Cornelius does not have a higher potential than any of the players mentioned here.

Stars are relative to the strength of the playing squad, so any 4/5 starred player from FCK probably won't get more than 2/3 stars if they play for Man Utd.

Look what I got in the mail:

bhiYR.png

Top 10:

A2ObP.png

Think of all the major teams I'm ahead of! Like A.C. Milan, Liverpool, Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus, Tottenham, Arsenal and so on. Great feeling, haha :D

Look what I got in the mail:

bhiYR.png

Top 10:

A2ObP.png

Think of all the major teams I'm ahead of! Like A.C. Milan, Liverpool, Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus, Tottenham, Arsenal and so on. Great feeling, haha :D

nice job :D

how high are Superligaen in the rankings?

Got past the summer transfer window in season two

First team

Wiland

De Silvestri-Milosevic-Strandberg-Jakobsen

Albæk-Claudimir

N.Jørgensen-Falk-Kadrii

Cornelius

Reserves

Rønnow

Remmer-Stadsgaard-Okore-Janza

Delaney-Pogba(loan)

Fierro-Vingaard-Gudmundsson(Loan)

Helenius

Going to retrain Fierro to RW as Cornelius (and Helenius as back up) will take up SC spot

Rønnow is being tutored by Wiland, and special focus on composure - he has until the January window to improve enough to take over from Wiland, or I will either look for a new keeper or extend Wiland's contract (that otherwise runs out there)

Got an American newgen RB coming joining in January, so De Silvestri will most likely leave at that point - and hopefully add some cash to the transfer budget

So, in my save the 2018 FIFA World Cup has just been played.

In my last update I told you about Dejan Stojanov, and that he is easily the best player I have. Looks like he did very well in the World Cup too.

RsCZC.png

I'd say 4 goals and 3 assists in 4 games is decent in a world cup! Average rating of 8.32 aswell.

IlH1m.jpg

He even made it to the Dream Team, with the likes of Eden Hazard, Neymar, Toni Kroos, Karim Benzema, Mario Götze and Wayne Rooney. He really is world class. I have no idea how I haven't recieved a single bid for him.

rGade

How is your tactics? I know that you play 4-1-3-1 but do you have individual things for every player and things like that. Would really like if you could share!

JhpWZ.png

Here is a look at my tactics for the team. Remember, playing with a high defensive line requires a couple of fast CBs when you play good teams, that's why I have Sigurdsson and Okore. When I get into a game these are the shouts I use: Retain possession, Exploit The Flanks, Pass To Feet and Work Ball Into Box. When I play teams that are really good, or I'm playing an away game against someone in the top 3, I usually change my strategy from Standard to Counter.

As for individual roles, I've only changed them for Cornelius, and that was at the end of last season. I put the same settings on as Bracken did on his Leandro Damiao in the Chelsea thread. It hasn't improved Cornelius a hell of a lot, but it did help a bit. Here is a screenshot:

HtCP5.png

Does this make me a bad person... (last league game of the season)

17770689.jpg

when it results in this...

fckleaguetable.jpg

But my U19 players got some first team experience *lol*

(Brøndby were 2-1 up in their last game until the 81th minute)

Rundown of the season

As seen in the screen above - the league were won pretty easily

The cup were won against 2-0 against AGF

Champions League: finished 3rd in a group of FCK, Liverpool, Porto and Austria Wien - went out of the Euro League as I were drawn up against AC Milan, but I did manage 2 draws against them (1-1 at home - 0-0 in Italy)

Current starting 11

GK) Finnish newgen (4½ star potential)

DR) American newgen ( 4 star potential)

DC) Alexander Milosevic

DC) Jores Okore

DL) Michael Jakobsen

DM) Mads Albæk

DM) Tim Sparv

MC) Claudimir

AM) Rasmus Falk

FC) Andreas Cornelius

FC) Carlos Fierro

On the bench: Wiland-Stadsgaard-Stefan Strandberg-Vingaard-Kadrii-Janza + a Portugese (4½ star potential) striker. Also got Helenius, Delaney, Remmer, Ottesen + loads of newgens

FC København - 2015-16

Transfers in:

Screenshot2013-01-27at104356AM_zpsaa592174.png

Transfers out:

Screenshot2013-01-27at104404AM_zpsf98f3e20.png

Well, we signed a lot of defenders.

The big money signing was PSV centre half Jørgensen who returned to FCK after leaving to the Dutch club on a free back in 2012. He was a handy player at PSV, but fell out of favour and we paid around €3.5M for his services again after 92 league appearances in his first run from 2006-2012. Another player coming from Holland was Fischer who was unable to play consistent football among the strong Danish continengent at Ajax. At just 22, he'll be a handy acquisition.

The other two summer signings were little known defenders Aaltonen and Krafth who will provide good cover at the back and, Aaltonen especially, will look to break into the first team in the coming seasons. In the winter window, we strengthened our left-sided stocks with Larsen who returns to København after a year-long loan stint from Juve back in 2013-14. After leaving Juventus, he spent two years with Esbjerg in the Superliga and was dominant on the left. Up until his signing in January, he had made 20 appearances in 2015 for a return of six goals, four assists and an average rating of 7.20. We spent a pretty penny on Pedersen who is probably still a couple of years away. He's an U-20 player, though, and played consistent first team football with Esbjerg this season.

The big names to depart the club were veteran defenders Jakobsen and Ottesen who left for €1M and €775K respectively. Both were great servants to the club, but with the arrival of Jørgensen and Aaltonen would be seeing less and less first team action. Jakobsen managed 65 appearances in his four seasons at the club since joining from Almeira, while Ottesen leaves Scandinavia for the first time after 85 league appearances with FCK. In January, three-year veteran Ødegaard left the club after managing just nineteen league appearances in a team that now had a lot of options on the right.

Superliga:

Screenshot2013-01-27at104316AM_zps42e4b6d9.png

We were pretty horrible for most of the season until we managed to put together an amazing run that ultimately saw us edge out AaB to become back-to-back champions. Sitting around fourth just before the mid-season break (and finishing sixth in the first period), the three month hiatus served us very well as we went thirteen games undefeated between November and May. In fact, after November we lost just once - 0-2 to Randers - before securing the league title the week after against AaB at Parken.

As far as players go, Pontus Jansson and Bashkim Kadrii were comfortably the best players in the team throughout the year. Jansson managed 24 league appearances and played much of the second half of the season at right back to accomodate Stadsgaard and M. Jørgensen. He managed an average rating of 7.50 after averaging 7.56 last season to remain one of the best defenders in Scandianavia. There's little surprise that he's attracting interest from the Bundesliga and Ligue 1. Kadrii continues to play amazing football since his €1.4M move back in 2013. He scored ten this season, but more importantly created eleven more in his best season for the club. He also scored two Champions League goals. In his best season for the club, Andreas Cornelius scored 14 from 25 appearances, while Torstein Andersen Aase shadowed him well for five league goals from just eight starts.

Champions League:

Second qualifying round

Win
: A 3-0 Levadia

Win
: H 2-1 Levadia

Third qualifying round

Win
: A 5-2 Videoton

Win
: H 1-0 Videoton

Play-off round

Win
: H 3-1 Shamrock Rovers

Loss
: A 1-2 Shamrock Rovers

Group stage

Loss
: A 0-1 Cagliari

Loss
: H 0-1 Bayer Leverkusen

Loss
: A 0-1 Valencia

Win
: H 1-0 Valencia

Loss
: H 0-1 Cagliari

Draw: A 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen

An incredibly frustrating group stage, but some promising signs as we managed to match some of the better teams in Europe. After few troubles in the first two rounds of qualifying, we actually fell behind on away goals against Shamrock Rovers before Kadrii scored early in the second half in what would prove to be a decisive goal. We lost four matches 0-1 in the group stage and failed to advance to the Europa League in continual frustration. Against Leverkusen we went ahead 1-0 only for Kießling to cancel out Aase's goal four minutes later. The best performance was the 1-0 win over Valencia thanks to a first minute strike from Tim Sparv. The CL coincided with our worst patch of form, so hopefully we start next year off more strongly.

Screenshot2013-01-27at104434AM_zps49a76499.png

DBU Pokalen:

3R
-
Win
: 3-0 Nakskov

4R
-
Win
: 6-1 Herlev

QF
-
Win
: 1-0 Esbjerg fB

SF1
-
Win
: 2-0 VB Kolding

SF2
-
Win
: 2-0 VB Kolding

F
-
Loss
: 1-2 FC Midtylland

Didn't play a full strength squad all tournament, including the final, and ultimately paid the price by going down in extra time to Midtylland.

First XI (by starts)

Screenshot2013-01-27at104415AM_zpsd5b97470.png

Second XI (by starts)

Screenshot2013-01-27at104427AM_zpsb9bf8999.png

Next season:

The coefficient continues to be hit, so we'll still need to win a few early rounds to play in the Group Stages of the Champions League again. We've been given a €7M transfer budget, and I need to strengthen my central midfield because, while Sparv, Grindheim and Claudemir are very good, Midtsjø and Kusk are my next two best options. With a lack of strikers, Linus Hallenius joins from Chievo on a free and will compete with Aase for a spot as Cornelius' back up. I might also look for another option on the right wing with Jørgensen spending most of his season there and Bolanos on his way out.

FC København - 2018/19

Superliga

njJLBmc.png

A good season again. One more season undefeated in the Superliga. I didn't score as much as last season, but I still managed 103 goals, which I'm very pleased with.

I didn't manage to win all 33 games like last season, as I drew 3 games, but 93 out of 99 points isn't too bad! Still haven't lost in like 5 Superliga seasons now, and I think I'm simply just that much better

than any other team. I don't think any of them can beat me, even on their day. I came close a couple of times, but I feel like the FM version of Manchester United. Sometimes I'll be down by 1-0 with 10 minutes to go

and I'll either score a late equaliser or I'll even manage to score 2 or 3 goals in the last 10-15 minutes of a game.

DBU Pokalen

kl5HFnP.png

Winners again. Not much to say really, my substitutes/reserves squad grabbed this easily this year.

UEFA Champions League

Bk9gzsO.png

Yeah, so uhh.. I won the Champions League. This year it wasn't only Stojanov who carried me. Cornelius decided to start helping, and he scored 12 goals through out the tournament including the winner against Juventus. He hit the net 12 times in the Champions League this year, 3 more than Higuain and Javier Hernandez who came 2nd with 9 goals. I was worried when I saw our group as I knew that Zenit and Leverkusen are some very tough opponents and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to take 1st place in the group, but I managed to get 1st place, with 11 points, Leverkusen also had 11 points but my goal difference was much better. We probably got one of the easier opponents in Marseille, and we won pretty easily. Then came Man Utd and I was sure that was it for us in the Champions League this year. We managed to scrape a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford which was an amazing result as they dominated us. They came to Parken and we had a fairly even game, but I took my chances and won 3-1 with Cornelius scoring 2 goals. Then we faced Bayern. Bayern were not impressive in the Quarter Finals as they barely beat AZ Alkmaar, so I had belief that we could take them on, and we sure did, winning both at Allianz Arena and in Parken.

Then came the final. Juventus won Serie A with 16 points and Wilfried Bony scored a whopping 29 goals in Serie A this season. You can probably see why I expected to lose the final for the 2nd year in a row. But we managed to score two early in the second half. Juventus then went on to score a goal in the 86th minute and I got scared. Then in the 90th minute they scored again. I almost punched my screen in FM rage, but then to my relief the goal got cancelled and the whistle was blown for full time. It was a close call but I got the win.

2018/19 Records

Superliga

Most Superliga Titles - 16

Highest Average Attendance - 27513

Most Games Won In Row - 54

Most Games Without Losing - 167 (Still going, beginning to wonder if anyone can beat us)

DBU Pokalen

Most Times Winner - 12

Highest Average Attendance - 18930

Most Games Without Losing - 42 (Still going)

Most Team Goals - 28

Highest Average Rating - 8.70 (6 apps) by Adrián Garcia

UEFA Champions League

Fastest Goal - 9 seconds by Andreas Cornelius

The Squads

____________________Starting XI__________________________________________________ _____Substitutes/Reserves XI

bJONrbF.png______________________0gFILG7.png

I happy with these 2 strong squads. Next season will be the season where Sigurdsson (32), Bengtsson (31) and Claudemir (31) will switch squads with Vieytes, Mortensen and Mandarino. They are simply getting older, and therefore they will be moved to my Substitues/Reserves XI. I will not sell them as I love them too much, and they can still perform, but it's time that my younger playerse make it into the first XI and get some Champions League experience. I have been thinking about also switching Rafael and Engel as Rafael just makes so many mistakes it's really frustrating. On paper Rafael is best, but in-game Engel seems superior. I'll soon be looking to replace Frederiksen as he is approaching his 30's soon and I want someone better who can take Jørgensens place when the time comes. Last season I was thinking about selling Cornelius, but no one bid for him so I kept him. He decided to prove to me that he belongs on the team by scoring 32 goals and assisting 9 in 35 apps. Incredible season for him. I'm thinking about selling Delaney to get Aeschlimann some game time as he will take over at BWM when Albæk can't do the job anymore.

Key Players

Dejan Stojanov - Was out injured for a couple of months, but came back strong.

Andreas Cornelius - Topscorer and what a season it was.

Mads Albæk - The tackle master, averaging 8 tackles a game, that is 3 more than Vidal, who I think we all know is a beast on FM.

César Augusto - I like to think of him as my Michu. Bags so many goals for an AMC.

Marin Ivanovic - Was used as AMR and ST. Great impact sub and did the job when called upon.

The Future

Adrián Garcia - Proved a good back up when injuries hit, and could take over as AMR when the day comes.

David Aeschlimann - Was loaned out to PSG. Will take over as BWM when the time comes. Looks like a great prospect.

Nick Engel - Will most likely take over as GK very soon. Performs well in-game, despite his mediocre stats.

FC København - 2016-17 Half-Way Mark

Transfers in:

Screenshot2013-02-06at95612AM.png

Transfers out:

Screenshot2013-02-06at95703AM.png

A relatively quiet summer transfer window with two players joining on free transfers as depth players, and one real big money signing. 27-year old Hallenius signed a pre-contract over the previous winter, and finally made the move in July. He'll play third fiddle to Cornelius and Aase. The big money was spent on 22-year old Norwegian winger Mohamed Elyounoussi who spent a year with Reggina in Serie A before being sold for a €900K profit. €4M is a big packet on the kid, but we've needed someone on the right wing for a long time after being forced to play Nicolai Jørgensen out of position for a while, with very little back up.

Finland's Jaksic joins for about €500K after stints with HJK and Tromsø. He's a third choice keeper behind the aging Wiland and Rønnow. Finally, in the final days of the window, we signed Swedish international Sebastian Eriksson on loan with an option of around €900K from Cagliari. The 27-year old provides some experienced depth to the midfield after six seasons in the Italian top flight.

Long-time players Frederiksen, Vingaard and Bolanos all exited the club in the summer. 31-year old Vingaard left to the MLS for €1M after 159 league appearances for FCK and 31 goals. While we wanted to keep Bolanos on for another season, the 32-year old was continually homesick in Denmark and his wages were very high. We agreed to a below-cost deal with Serie A side Verona in the final days of the transfer window.

Superliga:

Screenshot2013-02-06at101729AM.png

More than half-way through the season, and it looks like there is very little that will stop us completing a three-peat after opening up a ten point lead on Brøndby and Espjerg. The highlight of the season was the New Firm Derby at Parken in November as we put five past Brøndby in a 5-0 drubbing of our bitter rivals to make it eleven New Firm matches undefeated. In the best game of the season we gave away a 2-0 lead at Espjerg, before EfB pulled back three goals to lead 3-2 at the half. With his first goal for the club, substitute Linus Hallenius scored the equaliser in the 69th minute.

As per usual, 25-year old Kadrii has been the star of the Superliga with eight goals and eleven assists from his 15 starts. He has an average rating of 7.97. New captain Pontus Jansson has also proved a rock out of position at right back with an average rating of 7.88. Also, finally, Cornelius has begun to live up to the hype after a massive start to his season. He had a career best 14 goals last season, but he's eclipsed that to sit top of the scoring charts with fifteen from nineteen appearances.

Champions League:

Third qualifying round

Win
: A 2-1 Sheriff

Win
: H 3-1 Sheriff

Play-off round

Win
: H 10-1 Ekranas

Win
: A 2-1 Ekranas

Group stage

Loss
: A 0-3 Barcelona

Win
: H 4-3 Liverpool

Win
: A 2-1 AC Milan

Win
: H 3-2 AC Milan

Loss
: H 0-5 Barcelona

Loss
: A 1-5 Liverpool

We were in trouble very briefly during the second round when Sheriff equalised on aggregate at Parken, before we put the foot on the gas and won 5-2 on aggregate. There were no such troubles in play-off round as we put ten past Lithuanian side Ekranas thanks to a first half hat trick from new signing Elyounoussi. Somehow this was a team that had already accounted for Start and Sparta Prague.

Then we were hit with the Group of Death. Oh my god, talk about bad luck. After being lucky to escape from Camp Nou with a goal difference of only -3 (Barca had 36 shots on goal...), we found ourselves down 1-3 at half time to Liverpool before pulling off a massive Kadrii-inspired comeback to win 4-3. The same sort of thing happened in our home and away legs against Milan as we dared to dream - a 90th minute Kadrii strike at Parken, and then overturning a two-goal deficit at San Siro.

Needing to salvage something from our final two matches, unfortunately we were hammered 5-0 by Barcelona and then 5-1 by Liverpool to consign us to the Europa League and a KO round showdown with Atletico Madrid.

Screenshot2013-02-06at95840AM.png

DBU Pokalen:

3R
-
Win
: 2-0 Brøndby IF

4R
-
Win
: 4-1 (aet) Esbjerg fB

QF
-
Win
: 1-0 Viborg

SF
vs. Aarhus Fremad

Have played half strength all tournament, and yet to encounter any difficulties.

First XI (by starts)

Screenshot2013-02-06at95753AM.png

Second XI (by starts)

Screenshot2013-02-06at95802AM.png

Looking ahead:

With our Superliga fixtures going Horsens, SøndersjyskE, Nordsjælland, Lyngby and Aarhus when action resumes after the break, we really have a great chance to all but secure the Superliga by the end of March. If not, we play Esbjerg and Brøndby within four days in April in what could prove crucial. Otherwise I'd like to help out the Danish coefficient by going deep into the Europa League. We have beaten Atletico Madrid before, but then would face the winner of Wolves and Inter in the second knock out round. It's doable.

I don't think I'll do much in the winter transfer window. We have another €2M to spend, but whether we use that will probably depend on whether Claudemir and Viktor Fischer stay. As it stands we have good depth across the park, so I might look into signing a couple of younger players with an eye towards the future.

FC København - 2016-17 Half-Way Mark

Transfers in:

Screenshot2013-02-13at122449PM.png

Transfers out:

Screenshot2013-02-06at95703AM.png

Just the one signing in the winter window as 19-year old Finn Björkstrand joined the growing Suomi contingent after six appearances with MYPA in the Veikkausliiga. He joined for just €250K in what is a bit of a bargain signing considering his versatility, and made seven appearances in the first team following his January transfer.

While no players left the club for fees, three young players left on loans: Yones Felfel went to cover for the Esbjerg fB first team (3 apps, 0 goals), Frederik Rønnow, still unable to displace Wiland in goals, went for a six month stint at Osasuna in an injury interrupted stay (8 apps, 15 conc) and Thomas Elkjær was given the unenviable task of keeping for SøndersjyskE in their post-January slump where he conceeded more than two goals a game (12 apps, 30 conc). Not great signs from any of them, really.

Superliga:

Screenshot2013-02-13at122333PM.png

Despite an injury-hit run to the end of the season, we were never in doubt after securing the title with about five games to spare. It was a race of three in December, and after the long break Esbjerg dropped off quickly and we pulled away from Brøndby. In the third New Firm Derby of the season, we basically put the result beyond doubt by coming from 0-1 down to win 2-1 at Brøndby Stadion - Matthias Jørgensen the star in defence.

As usual, Kadrii starred despite missing much of the new year with a twisted ankle and a hernia. Despite just eighteen league appearances this year, the Danish international scored eight goals and created twelve more in a sensational season. The star of the show, though, was Andreas Cornelius who eclipsed his best goal tally with 26 from 28 starts, along with six assists. While he was a bit of a let down in Europe (two goals from 11 starts), he's fast becoming the player we expect him to be at both club and international level.

Despite being a loan signing, veteran midfielder Sebastian Eriksson might extend his stay in Copenhagen after an impressive year as back up. Competing with Claudemir for third choice midfielder, Eriksson made fifteen league appearances and scored five goals - including a hat trick - in a season that saw him average 7.75 per game. Also impressive was the always improving Frederik Midtsjø who got a lot of minutes in the new year thanks to Kadrii's troubles with injury. He's not as good as the Dane, but the Norwegian is a great attacking force and continues to create a load of chances when given the chance.

The defensive duo of Pontus Jansson and Matthias Jørgensen continue to form part of one of the best defences in Scandinavia after another great season. With Kris Stadsgaard too good to stay on the bench, Jansson continues to play out of position on the right but you'd hardly know it. Having joined for €1.6M a few seasons back, he's repaid us in spades and his captaincy of the side looks to extend for a few more seasons. We spent big money on getting Jørgensen back to the club after three seasons in the Eredivisie, and he showed his undoubted ability with an average rating of 7.73 in the league and 7.12 on the continent.

Champions League:

Third qualifying round

Win
: A 2-1 Sheriff

Win
: H 3-1 Sheriff

Play-off round

Win
: H 10-1 Ekranas

Win
: A 2-1 Ekranas

Group stage

Loss
: A 0-3 Barcelona

Win
: H 4-3 Liverpool

Win
: A 2-1 AC Milan

Win
: H 3-2 AC Milan

Loss
: H 0-5 Barcelona

Loss
: A 1-5 Liverpool

Screenshot2013-02-06at95840AM.png

Champions League:

First knockout round

Win
: A 4-3 Atlético Madrid

Draw: H 1-1 Atlético Madrid

Second knockout round

Win
: H 1-0 Wolverhampton

Loss
: A 0-3 Wolverhampton

We nearly blew it against At. Madrid after throwing away a 4-1 (two to Kadrii) lead in the first leg to give them a real sniff thanks to two late goals. They drew level early in the return fixture, before a late Kasper Kusk goal secured our passage into a showdown with Wolves. In a totally undeserved victory, Viktor Fischer put us ahead at Parken on aggregate in the 90th minute despite being played off the park, but our chances were ruined at the Molineux as Wolves put three goals on in the first hour.

Another disappointing European exit, but much better signs than last year.

DBU Pokalen:

3R
-
Win
: 2-0 Brøndby IF

4R
-
Win
: 4-1 (aet) Esbjerg fB

QF
-
Win
: 1-0 Viborg

SF1
-
Win
: 2-0 Aarhus Fremad

SF2
-
Loss
: 1-3 (pen.) Aarhus Fremad

Despite gathering the lowest points total in a long time in the Superliga, Aarhus came from 0-2 behind on aggregate to knock us out 5-4 on penalties en route to winning the final and, inexplicably, a spot in the Europa League.

First XI (by starts)

Screenshot2013-02-13at122424PM.png

Second XI (by starts)

Screenshot2013-02-13at122438PM.png

Next season:

Another year, another title, but we were unable to make any real inroads in Europe despite a real chance to do so against Wolves. We were dealt a horror hand in the Champions League, but it was a great ride while it lasted with three classic victories sure to live in the fans' minds.

Clearly work needs to be done in midfield with Grindheim and Sparv coming unstuck against better opposition. I will probably use most of my budget on getting a high quality central midfielder for next year's tilt at the Champions League with Grindheim getting on and, despite my efforts, Claudemir leaving on a free transfer to Elche. He's been a great player at FCK for a number of years, and after 243 first team appearances he departs as a favoured personnel of the club.

Screenshot2013-02-13at122317PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

FC København - 2017-18

Transfers in:

Screenshot2013-03-02at120436PM.png

Transfers out:

Screenshot2013-03-02at120446PM.png

This year is all about building this squad into something that could make it out of the group stages, and involved in that is a bit of rebuilding. Unfortunately Nicolai Jørgensen wanted out of Danish football, and we managed to agree to a €3.2M deal with Valencia. There's no hard feelings with his departure, and we will of course welcome him back in the future - hopefully when we have a wage bill that can accomodate him. After a season at the club, Linus Hallenius made way for two younger strikers - but we quickly missed him as Torstein Andersen Aase went down with a bad injury early in the year. Hallenius would go on to find his feet in the 2. Bundesliga with ten league goals. Along with Claudemir's departure on a free, veteran left back Pierre Bengtsson, behind Larsen and Jonassen in the pecking order, went to fellow Superliga side Esbjerg for €900K.

In the summer we didn't land any really big fish, but there were a few young signings that will hopefully help us in the future. In addition to Sebastian Eriksson making his move permanent for €750K, Midtjylland attacking midfielder http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/Screenshot2013-02-28at115925AM.png[/img]"]Ole Overgaard joined for €900K after two full seasons in the Superliga where he scored 18 goals from 53 appearances. He'll have to compete with Kadrii and Midtsjø, and probably add a few more strings to his bow to play consistent football. Two young strikers, Sören Samuelsson and Lasse Clausen also joined the club, and were joined by Watford striker John Guidetti on loan following the bad injury suffered by Aase.

In the summer, it was basically an in-and-out change on the wing as Kasper Kusk went to Championship side Ipswich Town for €1.7M and former PSV and Marseille winger Emil Larsen joined for €2.4M after two seasons with Granada. Kusk made 51 league appearances for six goals with FCK after joining in the summer of 2015 from AaB.

Superliga

Screenshot2013-03-02at120057PM.png

Another tearaway Superliga season as we held off arch rivals Brøndby by fifteen points to make it four titles in a row. In the New Firm derbies, we started the season off with a 6-1 thrashing of Brøndby at home, before edging them out 1-0 away. Pretty much securing the title with the win later in the year, we piled on 21 shots on goal to hammer them 4-1 at Parken in the third meeting.

Apart from the 6-1 win, the biggest victory of our season was away from home at Randers where a hat trick to Andreas Cornelius set up a 7-0 victory. After his breakout season last year, Cornelius was more subdued this season but still managed 15 goals from 27 appearances. Impressively, he also managed eleven assists and an average rating of 7.56.

It took us until the eleventh matchday to secure top spot for the first time, and on the nineteenth matchday we secured it for the second time and never let go. Emil Jonassen had his breakthrough season at left back with 20 league starts and an average rating of 7.69 - the highest in the league. In a defence that conceeded just 30 goals all season, Jonassen was ably supported on the right and sometimes in the centre by captain Pontus Jansson who made it four seasons running with an average league rating over 7.50.

Popular central midfielder Christian Grindheim, in unfortunately his final year of football, was ever reliable with an average rating of 7.64 from 23 league starts. In another frustrating end to his season, Bashkim Kadrii did not appear after March 3 where he fractured his skull during a match. In his nineteen league appearances, he scored five times and created another nine.

Of the younger players, 23-year old Finn Tommi Aaltonen was the most impressive as he displaced Stadsgaard at centre back and made 24 league starts. After joining from Honka for €300K, he's proved to be a great signing and has attracted the interest of La Liga, Serie A, Premier League and Eredisivie clubs. I hope to keep hold of him.

Champions League:

Second
qualifying round

Draw
: A 1-1 Skonto

Win
: H 2-0 Skonto

Third qualifying round

Win
: H 6-4 Start

Draw
: A 2-2 Start

Play-off round

Win
: H 3-0 HJK

Draw
: A 1-1 HJK

Group stage

Loss
: A 1-3 Tottenham

Loss
: H 3-5 Real Madrid

Loss
: A 1-4 HSV

Draw: H 2-2 HSV

Win
: H 5-1 Tottenham

Loss
: A 3-5 Real Madrid

Now third seeds (!!) in the Group Stage, we were given another pretty tough group with defending Premier League champions Tottenham and La Liga runners up Real Madrid. We didn't disgrace ourselves, though, as we managed to score a lot of goals (and concede a lot, too). While Frederik Rønnow conceeded just 29 goals in the Superliga, his 11 Champions League appearances saw him beaten 28 times. I don't think my tactics there are working.

The highlight, of course, was the 5-1 thrashing of Spurs at home to give us a sniff at Europa League action. Kadrii scored a brace, and managed nine goals in this Champions League campaign - eight of which came in the Group Stages (and five against Real Madrid all up).

The annoying thing about the way the values work in the Superliga is that, despite going to town on some great teams in Europe, he's still only worth €2.2M. I know I could sell him for more, but I'm really not likely to get close to his actual value, am I?

Screenshot2013-03-02at120813PM.png

DBU Pokalen:

We lost in the quarters.

First XI (by starts)

Screenshot2013-03-02at120751PM.png

Second XI (by starts)

Screenshot2013-03-02at120805PM.png

Next season:

Another title and a step backwards in the Champions League, but I played a lot of young guys this season and there was clearly a changing of the guard. Hopefully this bodes well in the long-term. Grindheim's departure from the club is a huge loss as it leaves me with a big hole in central midfield. I've been working hard on grabbing Gjermund Åsen from now relegated Ligue 1 side Havre AC on a free, but he keeps rebuffing me. I'll also need to make a decision on whether to make Guidetti's move permanent after his nine Superliga goals, or whether to chase Niklas Bendtner who has been keen to join for most of the season.

Retired:

Christian Grindheim

Grindheim.jpg

Kris Stadsgaard

Stadsgaard.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to the be the only one still active with FCK :p , but this is a pretty big result on my fourth Champions League attempt.

Screenshot2013-03-10at123913PM.png

Five of those conceded goals came in our final match against Chelsea where I experimented a little bit (with little success) en route to a 5-0 rout at Stamford Bridge. We clearly took advantage of a pretty generous group draw, but I'm not complaining because it is a huge boost to the coefficient of our little all-Nordic side.

In the round of 16 we've been drawn against... Sevilla - a winnable tie after they finished second in a soft group including Anderlecht and Steaua.

• 1 month later...

How much would you be willing to pay Bendtner and Simon Kjær to join FCK?

Bendtner is transferlisted, but wants to get an offer he can't refuse (turned down £50k a week)

Kjær is a reserve for PSG (on loan at Liverpool) - and want the same (turned down £41k a week)

I know that you can get better players on leaser wages, but the aspect of Bendtner back at FCK and Kjær in defense, does lure me

---

(Kjær would join in the summer 2015, and Bendtner in January 2015)

Archived