FM13: Football Club Copenhagen

Herbie2100

Sorry for the flooding but getting into the save ATM.

Had to go to penalties to beat AB in the third round of the cup. AB, home to two of the best goalkeepers the World has ever seen:

jwaltorp.jpg

This fine fella stopped Cornelius and co time and time again and ultimately can only thank his strikers that AB didn't make the upset.

And a certain Niels Bohr, integral in the human understanding of the atom, who tended the goal for the club back in the day.

(Peter Schmeichel also played in the stadium AB plays in for a rival local club, but that's another story)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm quite great stats actually aren't they. Despite maybe youngsters but can always hire him as a first team coach Good technical coaching. And well as you say having Xavi as a coach is just pretty damn awesome.

Hmm, hope I get that amount to spend down the road :) Must commend you on your transfer policy though. And yeah guess updating facilities takes its toll. What's your earnings at the end of each seasons?

BTW:

fckmancity.png

Seems my Counter policy against bigger teams is working :) Despite them getting quite a few chances.

My earnings are dipping quite heavily as you see. That's what I'm worried about. I need to figure out what's draining all of my money!

Amazing game v City. Maybe a bigger victory than mine against Chelsea, seeing as Man City are a dominant force in my save, they're probably better in yours too! Truly a great job.

Oh, and for anyone outside of Denmark, just take the amount of DKK and divide it by 10, and you'll roughly have how much it is in Sterling Pounds

My earnings are dipping quite heavily as you see. That's what I'm worried about. I need to figure out what's draining all of my money!

Amazing game v City. Maybe a bigger victory than mine against Chelsea, seeing as Man City are a dominant force in my save, they're probably better in yours too! Truly a great job.

Oh, and for anyone outside of Denmark, just take the amount of DKK and divide it by 10, and you'll roughly have how much it is in Sterling Pounds

Indeed, but looks to have gone up and down all through your save? Could it be high wages and facility improvements pulling down and CL earnings pulling up?

Yeah quite chuffed with the City result. They're looking quite ****ed on my save. 17th (!) in the PL at the moment with five games played. Arsenal sitting top of the table, warms my heart ;)

BTW rGade can I ask what team you support IRL? Says you're from northern Jutland so AAB perhaps? :)

Indeed, but looks to have gone up and down all through your save? Could it be high wages and facility improvements pulling down and CL earnings pulling up?

Yeah quite chuffed with the City result. They're looking quite ****ed on my save. 17th (!) in the PL at the moment with five games played. Arsenal sitting top of the table, warms my heart

BTW rGade can I ask what team you support IRL? Says you're from northern Jutland so AAB perhaps? :)

My CL money is certainly the most important source of income I have. I've also lost some money on sponsorships in the last few years.

I support FC København, even though I'm from Nordjylland, and please don't call me a glory hunter, because I really am not. I was just a kid, when I saw Zuma score an absolute beauty of a bicycle kick against the rivals from Brøndby, and then I just started loving FCK :) I've never really gotten to like AaB that much. I do on the other hand have a few mates who play on their younger teams. One of my mates called Tobias Wiis is even on the game, even though he's just 16 in real life! ½ star PA but oh well, I've played with him for around 3-4 years, so that's a bit of a fun fact. Some other mates of mine will probably be on next years game. Also Jannik Pohl is another player I've played against in real life, he's on AaB's U/19's too I believe, so if they ever get to play in Superligaen, I'll probably cheer for AaB a bit ;) Otherwise, not really.

Look what I got in the mail!

And who do you support?

My CL money is certainly the most important source of income I have. I've also lost some money on sponsorships in the last few years.

I support FC København, even though I'm from Nordjylland, and please don't call me a glory hunter, because I really am not. I was just a kid, when I saw Zuma score an absolute beauty of a bicycle kick against the rivals from Brøndby, and then I just started loving FCK :) I've never really gotten to like AaB that much. I do on the other hand have a few mates who play on their younger teams. One of my mates called Tobias Wiis is even on the game, even though he's just 16 in real life! ½ star PA but oh well, I've played with him for around 3-4 years, so that's a bit of a fun fact. Some other mates of mine will probably be on next years game. Also Jannik Pohl is another player I've played against in real life, he's on AaB's U/19's too I believe, so if they ever get to play in Superligaen, I'll probably cheer for AaB a bit ;) Otherwise, not really.

Look what I got in the mail!

And who do you support?

Haha damn! 102 games unbeaten is sick. Best record in the World ever maybe? Or perhaps Rosenborg in the 90's and early 00's can actually beat it... How many seasons in a row did they win the Norwegian championship, 12?

Ahh I'd never judge you a glory hunter ;) I'm actually much the same. Grew up with AB as my local team and Aberdeen by extension of my family heritage and Brøndby as the Danish team we followed in Europe. But around 2000 I started liking the way FCK played, the entire project and the club, then I started going to their games and was present witnessing Zuma's gem of a goal and haven't looked back since. So not too far from you really :)

Awesome that you know people in the game, same with me, know quite a few from AB and other local clubs as well as B93 etc. Funny thing :D Can only imagine how much fun it must be to see yourself... even if you only have half a star rating.

I support FCK and Arsenal. Love both to death.

Haha damn! 102 games unbeaten is sick. Best record in the World ever maybe? Or perhaps Rosenborg in the 90's and early 00's can actually beat it... How many seasons in a row did they win the Norwegian championship, 12?

Ahh I'd never judge you a glory hunter I'm actually much the same. Grew up with AB as my local team and Aberdeen by extension of my family heritage and Brøndby as the Danish team we followed in Europe. But around 2000 I started liking the way FCK played, the entire project and the club, then I started going to their games and was present witnessing Zuma's gem of a goal and haven't looked back since. So not too far from you really :)

Awesome that you know people in the game, same with me, know quite a few from AB and other local clubs as well as B93 etc. Funny thing :D Can only imagine how much fun it must be to see yourself... even if you only have half a star rating.

I support FCK and Arsenal. Love both to death.

I support FCK and Chelsea, love them to death, although a certain Russian billionaire is trying his hardest to **** me off :D

I support FCK and Chelsea, love them to death, although a certain Russian billionaire is trying his hardest to **** me off :D

Ahh bet you love his money though ;) He's lost like 10 billion DKK so far on Chelski hasn't he? (though as the 50th richest person in the World it shouldn't matter too much to him). And well at least you aren't a Spurs supporter :)

Ahh bet you love his money though He's lost like 10 billion DKK so far on Chelski hasn't he? (though as the 50th richest person in the World it shouldn't matter too much to him). And well at least you aren't a Spurs supporter :)

To be honest, I don't know if I even want his money. I have no idea how Chelsea would manage without his money, but the way he's acting, he's scaring players and managers away from the club! Soon, nobody will want to go to Chelsea, because we are so inconsistent with our managers! He fires them so quickly. Look at Di Matteo, he had a bad month and he got freaking fired! He won the Champions League for us for christ sake. The football wasn't that beautiful in the Champions League, but this season Di Matteo actually got us playing some great attacking football.

To be honest, I don't know if I even want his money. I have no idea how Chelsea would manage without his money, but the way he's acting, he's scaring players and managers away from the club! Soon, nobody will want to go to Chelsea, because we are so inconsistent with our managers! He fires them so quickly. Look at Di Matteo, he had a bad month and he got freaking fired! He won the Champions League for us for christ sake. The football wasn't that beautiful in the Champions League, but this season Di Matteo actually got us playing some great attacking football.

I agree with the manager part. Look at Mancini. Yes he won the PL but he gets such a long leash. I'm so jealous you get Hazard, my favourite player on FM12, got him with whatever team I managed capable of paying his fee and wanted Arsenal to get him.

I will say one thing though: as inconsistent as Chelsea are with their managers and the semi-semi success that's bringing them, I think my Arsenal are too consistent. Yeah Wenger gave us the invincible season in 2004 but since then... meh. He said the other day when confronted with the fact that we don't bring in quality, World class players and said "who do you want us to bring? Messi?" - as a joke and all I could think was "no! Hazard". So guess our two English clubs are troubled in very different ways :) I'd like some big money players, and couple them with the likes of Jack and Ox who are homegrown. Don't think big money signing are gonna happen though.

I agree with the manager part. Look at Mancini. Yes he won the PL but he gets such a long leash. I'm so jealous you get Hazard, my favourite player on FM12, got him with whatever team I managed capable of paying his fee and wanted Arsenal to get him.

I will say one thing though: as inconsistent as Chelsea are with their managers and the semi-semi success that's bringing them, I think my Arsenal are too consistent. Yeah Wenger gave us the invincible season in 2004 but since then... meh. He said the other day when confronted with the fact that we don't bring in quality, World class players and said "who do you want us to bring? Messi?" - as a joke and all I could think was "no! Hazard". So guess our two English clubs are troubled in very different ways :) I'd like some big money players, and couple them with the likes of Jack and Ox who are homegrown. Don't think big money signing are gonna happen though.

Hm, I wouldn't be so sure. There has been strong rumours about Wenger having £50 mil to spend in January, it's just a question of will he spend it all, or will he save his money once more? I personally think he'll spend it all, as you really need to strengthen your squad. You also need to get rid of the dead meat so to speak. The players like Arshavin, Chamakh, Santos etc.

Hi been looking for a save to go alongside my Liverpool save and i think ive found it, I normally make 2 or 3 threads a year with a team ive never been before, but was really impressed with the thread so thought id give it a try.

I only ever used to manage Liverpool and say in the likes of Italy, Spain etc, but over the last few years ive had saves with the likes of Metalist Kharkiv, Msk Zillina, Siena and Dinamo Bucharest so really looking forward to starting this save.

Should start a save sometime over the next few days

Hi been looking for a save to go alongside my Liverpool save and i think ive found it, I normally make 2 or 3 threads a year with a team ive never been before, but was really impressed with the thread so thought id give it a try.

I only ever used to manage Liverpool and say in the likes of Italy, Spain etc, but over the last few years ive had saves with the likes of Metalist Kharkiv, Msk Zillina, Siena and Dinamo Bucharest so really looking forward to starting this save.

Should start a save sometime over the next few days

Let us know how you go about your save and how you do.

About to start my save going to be using 4-4-2, also is there any other players i should be looking on getting besides what has been suggested in the op ?

Also i only ever load the league i play in now i looked for Stefan Strandberg, but he isnt coming up on my save or in the Rosenborg team do i need to start again and load all players from scandinavia ? Thanks

About to start my save going to be using 4-4-2, also is there any other players i should be looking on getting besides what has been suggested in the op ?

Also i only ever load the league i play in now i looked for Stefan Strandberg, but he isnt coming up on my save or in the Rosenborg team do i need to start again and load all players from scandinavia ? Thanks

I don't know why Strandberg doesn't show up. Other than Okore, Albæk and Adryan, I didn't really pick up anybody else to start with, although I regret not trying to get Wellington Nem. He has turned out to be such a fantastic player in my save, he's playing for Sporting CP in Portugal. Make sure to hand Claudemir a new contract ASAP, as he has a low buy-out clause.

I don't know why Strandberg doesn't show up. Other than Okore, Albæk and Adryan, I didn't really pick up anybody else to start with, although I regret not trying to get Wellington Nem. He has turned out to be such a fantastic player in my save, he's playing for Sporting CP in Portugal. Make sure to hand Claudemir a new contract ASAP, as he has a low buy-out clause.

Thanks am Playing on FMC mode could that be why ? Got Nem on my Liverpool save were am in season 6 and he is amazing, Who needs to be sold in your opinion ?

Wow this thread has been dead, anyway am just finishing the winter break, am top by 3 pts and have just agreed to sign Armenteros on a free although i had to pay him a good wage

I just haven't played that much FM lately, but seeing as it is holidays now, I'll probably play some more.

I just haven't played that much FM lately, but seeing as it is holidays now, I'll probably play some more.

Good to hear :) ive got 2 weeks off work now so happy days :D Has anyone signed Armenteros before ? trying to keep my team as scandinavian as i can

Good to hear :) ive got 2 weeks off work now so happy days :D Has anyone signed Armenteros before ? trying to keep my team as scandinavian as i can

Haven't signed him. I'm also trying to keep my squad as Scandinavian as possible, but it's really hard, because all of the good Scandinavian players go to big European clubs in the very 1st season, where I didn't have the money to buy them. So I have an amazing scout who finds some beast Brazilian and Argentinian players. It just seems to me that there are no great scouts who are great in Scandinavia and wants to sign for my club, so I don't get to know about upcoming stars in Scandinavia.

Haven't signed him. I'm also trying to keep my squad as Scandinavian as possible, but it's really hard, because all of the good Scandinavian players go to big European clubs in the very 1st season, where I didn't have the money to buy them. So I have an amazing scout who finds some beast Brazilian and Argentinian players. It just seems to me that there are no great scouts who are great in Scandinavia and wants to sign for my club, so I don't get to know about upcoming stars in Scandinavia.

Having the same problem myself, lots are going abroad and have no money to sign them. Will do my best to keep it as much scandinavian as possible, but will be hard if i want to get further in the Champions league etc, may just try and have say 8/9 scandinavian players in my starting 11 if i can

Looking on signing Bashkim Kadril for £1M in pre season of season 2 is he worth it ?

In my opinion, yes. In my save he caused me some big problems in the first 2-3 seasons, everytime I played OB. Then he left OB, and so did Rasmus Falk, and OB became quite bad. They do have Uffe Bech who seems to be quite a good player, but I'm not sure he's good enough for your team.

In my opinion, yes. In my save he caused me some big problems in the first 2-3 seasons, everytime I played OB. Then he left OB, and so did Rasmus Falk, and OB became quite bad. They do have Uffe Bech who seems to be quite a good player, but I'm not sure he's good enough for your team.

Ok thanks ive done the deal, i also have Armenteros coming in on a free aswell so may get rid of Abdellaoue. Need another CM as when Claudemir or Albaek were rested or injured Delaney and Kristensen did ok but not enough at times.

Shall put my season one review up shortly

Season 1 Report

Been looking forward to this save and really enjoying it so far. I started off with a 4-4-2 formation and after 2 wins and 4 draws decided to change it to a 4-2-3-1 and havent looked back.

Superliga

Won the league with three games to spare and was only really troubled by AC Horsens

danishsuperligaoverview.png

Danish Cup

Got to the final were i beat AC Horsens 2-0

achorsensvfckbenhavninf.png

Champions League

Beat Club Brugge and Udinese to get to the group stage were i faced Man City, Bayern Munich and Montpellier. Was hoping to get two wins against Montpellier and whatever i could from the other two.

First game beat City 3-0 at home, but then lost 5-2 away to Bayern (although i was unlucky and it flatered bayern), Drew 0-0 at home against Montpellier then lost 2-1 away. Lost against Bayern at home and City away and therefore finished bottom of the group on 4 points.

An experience but wish i could of least got third, with winning the league i go straight in at the group stage this year.

Player Stats

Ottesen got the fans player of the year and he was amazing, but Vingaard was own player of the year, was my top goalscorer with 14, got 19 assists in the league and had the best rating in the league 7.74. Cornelius, Wiland, Claudmeir, Albaek, Strandberg and Bolanos also had good seasons

footballclubkbenhavnsqu.png

Transfers

Really impressed with all my signings (all upfront never do 48 month payments), got rid of Santin as he was asking for too much wages when i tried to tie him to a new deal

fckbenhavntransfershist.png

So thats it for season 1, as ive just put in my previous post ive signed Kadril for £1M and have Armenteros coming in on a free so am pretty stocked up in the front 4 positions (maybe too much) with Armenteros, Cornelius, Abdellaoue, Vetokele, Grindheim, Vingaard, Bolanos, Jorgensen, Kadril, Gislason and Diouf (trying to sell both). I still have £2.3M to spend of my summer budget and am looking on bringing in a CM or 2

Nice results lfc7 :) Impressive win in the first CL group match against City, seems like they are a team FCK can beat in this game. Sure you'll proceed from the group stage next season ;)

Thanks hope I get further this season in the Champions League, as I've said before really enjoying this save and can hopefully make them into a European powerhouse :) but it may take a while

Just got my CL group

FC Porto

Schalke 04

FC Kobenhavn

Sparta Prague

A lot better than last year but wont be getting ahead of myself

Just to warn you, you may need to go through 3-4 qualification rounds the next few years, to get into the group stages of CL. That's what happened to me. I got the Superliga to 15th place in the league rankings, and then because we got so many places in Europe and the rest of the league sucked compared to me, they got slapped in Europe, therefore the Superliga was smashed down to 35th place, and there was nothing I could do. After a few years I got back to 16th place, but now I'm at 17th place. All I can do, is get as far in the Champions League as possible, to get the most points back to Denmark as possible, so we can keep the rankings high.

Just to warn you, you may need to go through 3-4 qualification rounds the next few years, to get into the group stages of CL. That's what happened to me. I got the Superliga to 15th place in the league rankings, and then because we got so many places in Europe and the rest of the league sucked compared to me, they got slapped in Europe, therefore the Superliga was smashed down to 35th place, and there was nothing I could do. After a few years I got back to 16th place, but now I'm at 17th place. All I can do, is get as far in the Champions League as possible, to get the most points back to Denmark as possible, so we can keep the rankings high.

Sadly this might not be too far from where we're gonna find the Danish league soon IRL :( Abysmal results of late.

Looks a good group lfc7, although Porto and Schalke are quality teams and Sparta Prague are no pushovers. Should be some interesting matches.

Sadly this might not be too far from where we're gonna find the Danish league soon IRL :( Abysmal results of late.

Yeah, you're right. Ever since Ståle left FCK and we sold way too many of our great players in 1 window, we haven't been able to perform in Europe, and with Nordsjælland getting a tough group and getting smashed this year, we've lost quite a few points :/

That sucks

Looks a good group lfc7, although Porto and Schalke are quality teams and Sparta Prague are no pushovers. Should be some interesting matches.

Beat Schalke 3-1 at home lost 2-1 to Porto away and lost 3-2 to Spartak away. Porto are on 6 pts and we all have 3, have Spartak at home next so need to make sure I win, both of the defeats were by last min goals

Considering I'm moving to Denmark next year, I thought this would be the perfect long-term game for me.

Won the Superliga quite comfortably in the first season by eleven points to Odense and Midtylland. I get the feeling there's a lot of these clubs in a poor financial position at the start of the game, because Nordsjælland were my big threats before they sold four players in January.

Europe. Well. We got beaten by Club Brugge first up, and then did the double against Belgian clubs with a 1-0 aggregate loss to Lokeren.

Cornelius was surprisingly inconsistent up front. We played a 4-2-3-1 in which he scored 13 from 30 appearances. Jørgensen was awesome on the left with a return of thirteen goals, while the back four of Jacobsen-Bengtsson-Stadsgaard-Jakobsen were really good with Ottesen pushing either of the two out later in the season.

Transfer wise there isn't a whole lot of money. In the first season, they only signing I made was Norway's Torstein Andersen Aase. In the first summer transfer window I was given about £1.5M to spend. £1.2M went on Odense's Bashkim Kadrii - it is a bit of dough, but I think it is a bit of a steal considering OB were our biggest rival last year and he was the best AMC in the league. Hopefully Casper Sloth will join for about £800K after I accepted a pretty fair price of £1.4M for centre back Ragnar Sigurðsson who was my fourth choice.

Considering I'm moving to Denmark next year, I thought this would be the perfect long-term game for me.

Won the Superliga quite comfortably in the first season by eleven points to Odense and Midtylland. I get the feeling there's a lot of these clubs in a poor financial position at the start of the game, because Nordsjælland were my big threats before they sold four players in January.

Europe. Well. We got beaten by Club Brugge first up, and then did the double against Belgian clubs with a 1-0 aggregate loss to Lokeren.

Cornelius was surprisingly inconsistent up front. We played a 4-2-3-1 in which he scored 13 from 30 appearances. Jørgensen was awesome on the left with a return of thirteen goals, while the back four of Jacobsen-Bengtsson-Stadsgaard-Jakobsen were really good with Ottesen pushing either of the two out later in the season.

Transfer wise there isn't a whole lot of money. In the first season, they only signing I made was Norway's Torstein Andersen Aase. In the first summer transfer window I was given about £1.5M to spend. £1.2M went on Odense's Bashkim Kadrii - it is a bit of dough, but I think it is a bit of a steal considering OB were our biggest rival last year and he was the best AMC in the league. Hopefully Casper Sloth will join for about £800K after I accepted a pretty fair price of £1.4M for centre back Ragnar Sigurðsson who was my fourth choice.

Welcome to the thread :) and congrats on the League win, nice to see more faces in here as its not been active lately, i bought Kadril myself and play him at AML/AMC

Jørgensen is so good at AML, Kadrii has basically displaced Vingaard at AMC and is doing a pretty good job. The Champions League will be a test after we drew the group of Chelsea, Juventus and Galatasaray.

Could have been worse - we could have been drawn in Group G along with Barcelona, PSG and Dortmund...

I'm from Australia, and I'm going to study/work in Copenhagen. :)

You're from Australia and you're moving to freaking Denmark? What is wrong with you? ;) Jokes aside, Denmark is actually not that bad haha, you'll just have to adjust to the climate at first :)

Jørgensen is so good at AML, Kadrii has basically displaced Vingaard at AMC and is doing a pretty good job. The Champions League will be a test after we drew the group of Chelsea, Juventus and Galatasaray.

Could have been worse - we could have been drawn in Group G along with Barcelona, PSG and Dortmund...

Vingaard is too good at AMC for me to be dropping him

You're from Australia and you're moving to freaking Denmark? What is wrong with you? ;) Jokes aside, Denmark is actually not that bad haha, you'll just have to adjust to the climate at first :)

Haha, the sun is overrated anyway!

Vingaard is too good at AMC for me to be dropping him

In fairness to Vingaard, he's been injured for most of the season so far (along with Cornelius, which is a huge bummer). Kadrii hasn't been quite as good for me as he was at OB, but I suspect he'll keep his spot ahead of Vingaard - he's young, too.

After a 1-0 win at home over Galatasaray and then a 2-2 draw away at Juventus (thanks to Alessandro Matri scoring, and then being sent off, in the first half an hour), I went to Stamford Bridge full of hope.

28 minutes in we were down 6-0. From there we managed to score three in an 8-3 loss, but holy hell we copped a beating and probably should have conceded another four.

Has anyone got any tactical advice for a tactical novice? I'm in a decidedly more difficult second season with about eight league games to go. I've ruled out winning the league with Brøndby about twelve points ahead, but I'm in a three-way battle for second and a chance to play Champions League again.

As I said above, I've been playing a 4231, and considering how good the attacking force of this side is it seems a bit of a waste to drop someone back to DM. With Jørgensen, Vingaard, Kadrii, Cornelius and Bolanos it's easily the best in the league - although Cornelius is only on the park one in every two matches.

What sort of instructions do you guys give the two CMs? What about general team instructions? Unfortunately when things aren't going my way in games I really just don't know enough about football to make logical changes, so any help would be appreciated!

When I get back on my laptop I'll put up some shots of my tactics just in case there's anything that really makes no sense. It's a learning experience!

Alright, I'm going to ask you lads something now, whenever I do teamtalks and I have individual talks, the player beneath the player I say something to gets affected by it, and the player I say something to doesn't react at all, what the hell is this? Does anyone know? It annoys the crap out of me....

Archived