Squad Numbers

Bracken

I'm just wondering everyone's policies on squad numbers.

Personally, I like to keep to the old style numbering, giving my first team the numbers 1 to 11 with each position being given the traditional numbers.

Also, being a Chelsea fan and playing as them mostly, I never give away the number 25, as nobody can replace Zola.

Anybody else do anything similar or strange with their numbers?

Forgot to mention, I do leave some numbers, eg. Terry number 26, if they are numbers which are special for the players. However, once I've built a team of regens or a team containing solely players I've bought, then they are number 1-11.

I try and keep them kinda traditional, so anything with a 5 is likely to be a defender, *9 is likely to be a striker etc.

I am also a Chelsea fan and unlike the earlier post I DO give out the 25 shirt. The first top-notch skillful player I buy gets it...Villa, Messi etc.

I'll leave most players as they are at the begging (new signings i somethiimes change, or get rid of youngsters numbers

I will also do my best to take away the number 13 from the squad

ITS EVIL

I'll leave most players as they are at the begging (new signings i somethiimes change, or get rid of youngsters numbers

I will also do my best to take away the number 13 from the squad

ITS EVIL

Yeah, I always give 13 to Drogba. It's the equivelent of him wearing pink frilly knickers to me! :D

im a bit of a geek when it comes to squad numbers heres my usual formula.

GK's - 1,13,21,31 etc..

DR's - 2,12, and whatevers available.

DL's - 3, 21, 22

DC's - 5,6,24,26

MR's - 7, 17, 27

ML's - 11, 23, 29

MC's - 4,6,25,28

AMC's - 8,14,18

ST's - 9,10,19,20

and i have special reserve for the number 15 which is usually given to a fave player or an upcoming youngster breaking into the first team as this is my fave number, also if a player i buy late was bought for £28m or is 28 and the number 28 is available i would give him that number if that makes sense. for example i bought Richards for Arsenal in season one but number had already been given, i got him for £26m and that number was available so he took that and it has stuck with him.

I'm the same as Champlodge, i'm a bit wierd when it comes to number assignments as in my mind it looks good on players. For example I think Bojan looks good in 25,22,12. Another thing that I do wierd when it comes to number assignment I see in my head that the style of play they do corresponds with a number, for example a player who playes like Adebayor would be the numbers like I assigned for Bojan, also someone who plays like Torres would be a 9 and a Diego or Van Der Vaart would be 13.

Anyway here are the numbers:

1 - GK

2 - DR or DC(if computer assigns it for me while im on holiday)

3 - DR, DL

4 - CB,DM

5 - CB

6 - CB, MC

7 - MR, ML

8 - MC

9 - ST

10 - ST

11 - MR,ML,ST,AMC

12 - GK, ST

13 - Goes to anyone really but mostly to AMC's as it looks good

14 - MC

15 - DC, ST

16 - DC, MR

17 - DL, ML

18 - GK, DC, ST

19 - Goes to young players im trying to bring through or DR's

20 - GK, AMC

21 - DL, MR, ML

22 - DR, MC

23 - DC

24 - DC, MC

25 - GK, ST

26 - DC

27-35 To youngsters also breaking through. A young player wearing the number 19 would be more advanced than these players.

I don't really use any other numbers after these.

Like I said earlier, VERY WIERD.

Mine is very simple - I just click on "assign numbers" and the let the AI do it for me! :D

Couldnt be bothered spending much time trying to assign them proper numbers.

However, the few times I have spent time on it, I tried to give the players the numbers that they wear in real life. So its a lot of searching on wikipedia if I dont know what number they weak.

Edit: Meant to add that whenever I play as Arsenal (being a fan and all that), numbers 14 and 10 usually lie vacant. :)

First season, i just auto assign numbers, but after that, i do it like this (in my squad of 22)

GK:1/12

RB:2/13

LB:3/14

CB:5/6/16/17

RM:7/18

LM:11/22

CM:4/8/15/19

ST:9/10/20/21

Then, i use 23 for my best and most promising youth player

24 onwards are for reserve/youth players who have 2+ ca stars on the assistant reports

mine goes as follows.

1 - first choice GK

2 - RB

3 - LB

4 - DM

5 - DC

6 - DC

7 - RW

8 - AMC

9 - ST (pacey)

10 - ST (main)

11 - LW

12 - 2nd choice RB

13 - AMRLC

14 - AMRLC

15 - MC (skillfull)

16 - MC (enforcer)

17 - GK 2nd choice

18 - AMC

19 - AM/FC

20 - AM/FC

21 - AMC

22 - DRLC

23 - RW

24 - MC

25 - AMC

26 - DC

27 - LB

dont really go above that, if i do its for youngsters only.

I've got a really wierd thing.

On 2005, the first FM game that I bought, I brought in Ballack for my team (before he was at Chelsea) and he was simply AWESOME!

But I had a really big squad and a lot of what I would call the 'First Team Squad Numbers' were already taken, so I glanced through all the numbers to see which looked cool. I decided that I liked the look of the number 93 and I liked it even more when watching matches.

So now when I buy a really awesome player who doesn't really have an obvious number (unlike a GK) or if the number I would give them is taken, I give them 93 :D

Same as most really. I CANNOT have any squad numbers missing if there are players higher up with a number. So if I have 1-30, with 24 and 17 without a number, I HAVE to move 29 and 30 to cover the gaps.

1: GK

2: DR

3: DL

4: DMC or more defensive minded MC, never an attacking one.

5: CB

6: CB

7: RM

8: CM/AMC - My main one, a more attack minded player.

9: FC

10: FC

11: LM

Then for the rest: 12 or 13 is my backup goalie but beyond that, I have my better backup/squad players as high up the list as possible, so that you will not get a youth team player until I've gone through everyone that's better than him, but it doesn't matter if they're around the same. I like just giving people numbers that I think suit their name best, I don't have any positional or exact science to this, not sure how I do it but I spend a little while tinkering over it.

I just auto number usually - doesnt really bother me, sometimes i will make an effort to number each player but it always slips my mind, i do make a effort to give my starting keeper the number 1 shirt though and thats about it.

I just auto number usually - doesnt really bother me, sometimes i will make an effort to number each player but it always slips my mind, i do make a effort to give my starting keeper the number 1 shirt though and thats about it.

For some very strange reason, I hate my 'keeper being #1. I've never known why that's bugged me but it always has.

1. GK

2. DR

3. DL

4. DC

5. DC

6. DM

7. CM

8. CM

9. ST

10. ST

11. AMR/ML

---

13. GK (backup)

19. Doesn't matter on position but usually give this to a fav player, really good youngster or leave it for a new signing.

21. Same as number 19 description.

---

Rest of the numbers I'm not too fussed about really.

Archived