Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

I wish I had him in my side got sold for 10k in the holiday year :(

Sucks. Other players in their RL-squad who I know about are Gøran van den Burgt (the fans are paying his wages) and Andreas Moen (fans are also paying his wages). They have a rather hardcore group of (rich) fans who are paying much of the wages in the club. Unfortunately they've never had many fans. When they played in Tippeligaen opponents fans used to sing "20,000 empty seats" to them since they played at Ullevål with a small fan base. :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they are the best 2 players at the club, Gøran van den Burgt likes getting booked though. I managed to survive the takeover :D. I have also made it to the Quarter finals of the cup with really easy draws so far.

Edit: Just got draw against the only 2nd division club left in the compition so I have a good chance on getting to the semis.

Oxslow - Norway - Lyn Fotball - Begining

ScreenshotsStar PlayerFacilities InformationGeneral InformationLyn OverviewMy ProfileMy InformationMy Home PageNext SeasonWell for once I am predicted to do well by the media (3rd) so I would like to be there or high come the end of the season. Also looks like I have joined just before a board takeover so I would like to survive that ;) unlike last year where I lost my job in this challenge after 6 months to a board takeover.

Good luck Oxslow, Lyn is certainly an interesting club to take over, I look forward to following your progress.

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2025/26 - Czech First Division

Back to the top

League Table - Past Positions - Finances - Club Info - Facilities

After three 2nd places behind Mlada Boleslav, we've finally toppled them to claim our third Gambrinus Liga title. In the end it was quite comfortable, wrapping up the title with a game to spare and ending with a 7 point cushion.

European results

A very long season in Europe, with 16 games in total. We qualified for the CL group stage without conceding a goal, then finished 3rd behind Man City and Schalke. It felt a bit like we missed an opportunity here, had we beaten Partizan away, which we should have, we've have taken 2nd.

We eased past Fenerbahce, sneaked past Sporting, but just came up short against AC Milan in the quarters.

Pohár České pošty results

Fixture congestion meant we played a second string side in the quarter final, and it showed in the 2nd leg.

Squad stats

(YP08a)Stanislav Sacha became our first choice striker this season, as age and injuries restricted Bednar, and finished as top scorer with 29 goals in all competitions. (YP06f)Martin Hanus once again led the defence superbly.

(YP03d)Martin Vyskocil became our fourth Czech international.

First time in 11 years that Petr Bednar hasn't finished as our top-scorer :(

Youth candidates 2026

Two tags, including one with 5* potential. Fingers crossed.

Board/Finances

The board again continue to back me with every request. We've recently added 8,000 seats to our new stadium, but they're more than happy to add another 8,165 to bring the capacity up to 32658. We've got 'top' training and youth facilities, but they've agreed to upgrade them yet again as well.

Season  |      League     | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Second Division |    6th    |     QF     |     -       |       Inc. JC      | Tomas Gavlak (19)
2014/15 | Second Division |    2nd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       | Promotion, inc. JC | Petr Bednar (17)
2015/16 |  First Division |   16th    |     QF     |     -       |  Avoided the sack! | Petr Bednar (12)
2016/17 | Second Division |    3rd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2017/18 | Second Division |    1st    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |      Promotion     | Petr Bednar (24)
2018/19 |  First Division |    9th    |     SF     |     -       |      Survival!     | Petr Bednar (9)
2019/20 |  First Division |    4th    |     SF     |     -       |  Qualified for EL! | Petr Bednar (20)
2020/21 |  First Division |   *1st*   |   4th Rnd  |    EL 3Q    |  Czech Champions!  | Petr Bednar (25)
2021/22 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |  EL 1st KO  |   Retained title   | Petr Bednar (37)
2022/23 |  First Division |    2nd    |  Runner-up |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (30)
2023/24 |  First Division |    2nd    |  *Winners* |  CL 1st KO  |    New stadium!    | Petr Bednar (22)
2024/25 |  First Division |    2nd    |   Winners  |  EL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2025/26 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |    EL QF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (16)

Aims for this season

Reach the CL group stage - Success!

Win the league - Success!

Aims for next season

Reach the CL knock-out stage

Defend title

Improve youth recruitment

Delighted to win the title. Mlada struggled early on having sold their best striker to Juventus and lost their manager to Sparta Prague (who has now, unsurprisingly, been sacked), and once we'd built up a lead over them, we managed to keep them at bay. Again facilities have been improved and now can't get much better. Next step is to start improving youth recruitment but the only option at present is to cut funding.

Money-bags Karvina spent about £6m over the course of the season but floundered to 11th, two places lower than last year. Still one to watch.

Thanks Oxslow and Gundo! I don't quite know what happened there, but it seems my team does better in Europe than in the league for some reason. This season looks to be our European breakthrough.

Season 2020 Review

fklinkopiu.png

FK Linköping

Season Review: 3 times in a row for us as we clinched the league title yet again, although this time round it was a REEEAALLLY tight contest. We only won it on the last day of the league season. Our woeful form in Europe continues yet again, as we got eliminated in the group stages, winning only one match there and conceding lots of goals. The difference in the quality of the players are just too wide.

Although I've brought in some players to boost the squad, we're still not Europe-level yet. Gonna take sometime to reach that level, but my plan is to bring in players below 19 into the squad so that they will be home grown by the time they reach 21. If I'm gonna rely on my youth intake, probably will have to wait till 2080. Hahah.

Board expectations:

Allsvenskan: Qualify for Europa League

Media prediction: 2nd

UEFA Champions League: Third Qualifying Phase

Svenska Cupen: Not important

Svenska Supercupen: Not important

Results:

Allsvenskan: 1st | League Table | Positions Graph

UEFA Champions League: 4th in Group Stage

Svenska Cupen: Winner (Season 2019/20)[/url]

Svenska Supercupen: Winner

Season Summary:

Transfers: Note that Victor Ferrer is a purchase for next season and has not played a single game this season.

Finances

Key Performers:

Ole Christian Schultz: A mainstay in the team. I'm starting to get annoyed with having to type his name when I save a screenshot of him. Hahah. Named in 2020 Swedish Premier Division Team of the Year.

Stefan Jurgensen: Someone new in the key performers section. Had a great season with 16 goals and 19 assists in 40 games. Awarded the 2020 Swedish Premier Division Player of the Year (our first if I recall correctly) and named in 2020 Swedish Premier Division Team of the Year.

Jerome Delmas: Top goalscorer for the club this season and made quite a lot of assists.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2020: No notable youth.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Upgrade the WHOLE team.

2) Focus on HG players for transfer policy.

3) Improve the youth recruitment level and other facilities.

Year   Division                         Position      Champions League      Svenska Cupen      Supercupen         Notes
2013   Division 2 Ostra Gotaland          1st               -                     -                 -             Promoted
2014   Division 1 Sodraettan              2nd               -                 2nd Round             -             Promoted
2015   Superettan                         5th               -                Group Stage            -             Avoided relegation
2016   Superettan                         1st               -                Semi-Finals            -             Promoted
2017   Allsvenskan                        5th               -               Quarter-Finals          -                -
2018   Allsvenskan                        1st               -                Group Stage            -             Champions
2019   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner           Back to Pro Status
2020   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner              -

Austria Salzburg

Season 2017/18 - Tipp3-Bundesliga - 5th

120px-SV_Austria_logo.jpg

Overview

A second successive 5th place finish and slight improvement in Europe did not make for a great season. I didn't really adequately replace Nemchenko up front, young Argentine striker Benitez who cost £2.8m only scored ten goals and was shunted out to the wing to make way for young Austrian Stefan Herzog who only managed two goals in his eleven games. 22 year old Austrian Werner Kager was left to take up the goals scoring mantle of the prolific Ukrainian and hit 27 goals, only half of these were in the league however.

I've moved to strengthen the side by bringing in two quality foreigners, Japanese winger Shin'Ichi Iizuka and Brazilian striker Capitao. Their added quality should raise the level of the team and allow me to compete further up the table. Sadly they will take the spaces of two young Austrians Herzog and Daniel Neumann who I bought in January and want to develop quickly. With European commitments though they should still get a good number of games.

Bundesliga

Most of the season was spent in mid-table, although after nine games we dropped to the bottom of the league. It wasn't the most impressive season and by the end the best we could hope for was to hold on to fifth place and take the last Europa League spot. Luckily the cup final was competed by Red Bull Salzburg and Rapid Wien who both qualified for europe through the league.

http://imageshack.us/a/img145/3464/2019leaguetable.jpg

Europa League

Olimpija of Slovenia were turned over comfortably with the job essentially done in the first leg with a 3-1 away win. Old adversaries from my FC Jazz game HJK gave me a shock with a 1-0 win in Austria. We huffed and puffed to a 2-0 away win to ensure progression but in truth were probably second best and deserved elimination. In the playoff we were lucky to escape from Moscow with a 3-3 draw, Dinamo having lead three times and requiring three equalisers including a 91st minute penalty. A comprehensive 4-0 victory at home meant that we qualified for the group stage.

Europa League 2nd Qual Rnd - 1st leg - Olimpija (Slovenia) 1-3 Austria Salzburg

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - 2nd leg - Austria Salzburg 0-0 Olimpija (Slovenia)

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - 1st leg - Austria Salzburg 0-1 HJK (Finland)

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - 2nd leg - HJK (Finland) 2-0 Austria Salzburg

Europa League Playoff - 1st leg - Dinamo Moscow (Russia) 3-3 Austria Salzburg

Europa League Playoff - 2nd leg - Austria Salzburg 4-0 Dinamo Moscow (Russia)

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/1876/2019europaleagueplayoff.jpg

The draw for the Europa League group stage was relatively kind and we were not a long way from grabbing second spot. Victories against CSKA and Karpaty at home were encouraging but not enough ultimately.

Europa League Group I - Austria Salzburg 2-3 Hamburger SV (Germany)

Europa League Group I - Karpaty (Ukraine) 4-2 - Austria Salzburg

Europa League Group I - CSKA Moscow (Russia) 1-0 - Austria Salzburg

Europa League Group I - Austria Salzburg 3-2 CSKA Moscow (Russia)

Europa League Group I - Hamburger SV (Germany) 2-0 - Austria Salzburg

Europa League Group I - Austria Salzburg 1-0 Karpaty (Ukraine)

http://imageshack.us/a/img16/226/2019europaleaguegroup.jpg

Players

Brazilian Capitao has agreed a £80k transfer while I am just awaiting confirmation of the transfer of Japanese international Shin'Ichi Iizuka. They will massively strengthen my side.

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/8673/2019capitao.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img132/5081/2019iizuka.jpg

Young Croatian keeper Boris Peyrek has been first choice for two seasons now and is rapidly developing into a quality player.

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/4853/2019peyrek.jpg

Austrians Werner Kager and Rene Aigner are two young players I am trying to develop and will be mainstays of the team this season. Kager is a regular in the Austrian national team now and scored twice on his debut against Algeria.

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/4509/2019kager.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/6231/2019aigner.jpg

Daniel Neumann and Stefan Herzog were both bought in January for seven sums as they are the most promising Austrian youngsters who aren't currently playing for top Austrian teams (and hence wouldn't dream of signing for me). Their places are under threat with incoming transfers but they should still get sufficient gametime to ensure their development.

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/8618/2019neumann.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/4886/2019herzog.jpg

Other promising foreign players are Fabio Benitez and Rogerio.

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/9250/2019benitez.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/7569/2019rogerio.jpg

Rankings, Reputation etc.

Austria stayed 13th place in Europe and are duking it out with Scotland for the automatic group place that 12th would give them.

http://imageshack.us/a/img12/2618/2019europeanqualificati.jpg

Other

Austria are remarkably well placed in a difficult group. They are currently fourth in the group but have a home tie with Latvia coming up with 2nd and 3rd Norway and Croatia due to play each other.

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/9823/2018worldcupqualifying.jpg

Argentina won the 2018 World Cup in Qatar with a 3-2 extra time victory over Brazil. Lionel Messi has just won his tenth successive Ballon d'Or.

World Cup Final - Argentina 3-2e Brazil (http://imageshack.us/a/img839/2117/2019championsleaguefina.jpg)http://imageshack.us/a/img521/7106/2018worldcupfinal.jpg)

Champions League - Porto 1-0 Arsenal (http://imageshack.us/a/img839/2117/2019championsleaguefina.jpg)

Europa League - Valencia 2-1 Tottenham

Andrew Haines - Capitao looks a great buy for 80K, your keeper Peyrek is also fantastic for that age, almost world class hopefully you can hold onto him.

I assume your extra europe spot is down to the fair play?

Oxslow - Norway - Lyn Fotball - Season 2013

Season Review

I dominated the league and got the record for most points in a season. The cup draws was really kind for us up until the Semis where we were up against are arch rivals Vålerenga 2 divisions above us we came out on top 3 - 2. In the Final we were up against Rosenborg in a close game we went down 2 - 0. Lucky the cup run helped the finances a lot before the board decided to waste it all on adding under soil heating to a ground we rent :(. The board agreed to increase Junior Coaching as well :).

Screenshots

Top Goal Scorer

Star Player

Under Soil Heating

League Table

Fixtures

Norwegian Cup Final

Finances

Squad

Career Overview

Season    League Finish           Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013      1st Second Division G1  Second Division G1 Champions, Norwegian Cup Runners up

Next Season

I just want to avoid relegation while making the squad stronger and stop the board wasting money.

Great first season Oxslow. Good cup run too, no embarrassment getting beat by Rosenborg.:thup:

Strange about your undersoil heating, think its been mentioned before in here.

Andrew Haines - Capitao looks a great buy for 80K, your keeper Peyrek is also fantastic for that age, almost world class hopefully you can hold onto him.

I assume your extra europe spot is down to the fair play?

I was set on going just for young Austrians but when a player like Capitao comes along at that price I had to go for him :). I'm bracing myself for a request to move to a bigger club soon from Peyrek, I won't be selling him cheap though as he could be good enough to be my keeper for the duration.

The extra european spot was because Austria gets 5 spaces but one goes to the cup winner. Because both finalists qualifies for the champions league I picked up the extra space.

Great season in Sweden, larxus. I'm guessing the money from CL helps out a lot. Should be able to build on the success.

A good run in Europe for you, Andrew Haines. Too bad you didn't get a proper replacement for Nemchenko. Keep going though, as the teams in Austria struggles to build their team imo.

Impressive first season in Norway, Oxslow! Almost cup winner in the first season is impressive! Do you get to play in Europe next season? You should if Rosenborg qualified from league places.

My next season summary will be up soon. Writing it now.

WienerSK.gif

XaW - Wiener Sportklub - Season 2017/18

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

This season can be summarized in one word; injuries! Well, another fitting word would also be success. We had a great season, but still had loads of injuries. I got a couple of youngsters from our academy who made their debuts this season and also bought some other promising teenagers who did well. In the league we started out good and just kept on going winning the league comfortably by 20 points in the end. It was secured after about 30 matches so I let some more youngsters play in the final matches of the season and still did good. We have some promising youngster coming through. Still, the core of my team as still quite young and most of the first team is based upon 19-21 year old with the occasional older or younger player.

In the ÖFB-Samsung-Cup we once again retained the title. The first two round were child's play as we got non-league teams. In the 3rd round we had our toughest match away at Red Bull Salzburg. We scrapped through a 1-0 victory to progress to the quarter finals. Two easy victories against SKN St. Pölten and FC Wacker Innsbruck made way for the final. Once again our opponent in the final was an Erste Liga team. This time FC Admira Wacker Mödling. Fringe player Baba Collins got another match because of injuries and scored twice to give us a good lead before Admira Wacker Mödling reduced our lead. Youngster Marcel Verdel (YP5d) scored his first goal for the club to secure the title.

Since we did well in Europe last season, as well as Austria Wiens good run in Europe league reaching the quarter finals, Austria improved their standing to get a team directly into the group stage of Champions League. Unfortunately for us this don't come into play before next season so we started in the 3rd qualifying round. We got a surprisingly easy draw against Neftçi Baku of Azerbaijan. 6-1 at home and 4-0 away got us through to the play-off. We once again had Lady Luck on our side and got another easy draw getting FC Vaslui of Romania as our final opponent before the group stage. A 5-1 win away got us of to a great start, but a mind blowingly poor performance at home saw us lose 2-1, but still enough to get us through.

We were handed a tough draw getting a group of Atlético Madrid of Spain, Paris Saint-Germain of France and FC Twente of Holland. Somehow we won all our matches in the group finishing on top! I've posted one match further up in the thread, but I'm still surprised of how well we did going through. We drew Sporting CP in the first knockout round and after a 3-1 loss away I had little hope of going through. We did our best though and went into a 2-0 lead at home, but a crushing goal for Sporting CP just before full time knocked us out. Still, a great go in Europe and something to build on to next season.

Financially we made truckloads of cash once again. We had our youth and training facilities improved during the season and a new improvement accepted by the board. We also got an expansion approved to the stadium and all will be done a bit into next season.

I've got many great players and here are the first 11 and some others-

GK: Thomas Dähne - Another good season by our goalie. Got voted gk of the season as well.

DR: Ivan Miletic - A good season. Becoming Mr. Reliable as he rarely plays a poor game.

DC: William Paz - Another great season. Will play in this summers World Cup for Honduras.

DC: Óscar - Became our captain this season and lead the defense.

DL: José Enrique Sandoval - Improving like there's no tomorrow! Celtic are sniffing around him, but I want to hang on to him.

MR: Pepe - Had him on loan last season and his contract expired by newyears. Got him in and he did great.

MC: Alexander Witt - Plagued by injuries this season, but did well when he played.

MC: Edgardo Morales - Also injured quite a bit and are still out with a dislocated shoulder.

ML: George Lebese - Assisted like a boss this season.

FC: Frank Pflügler - Very up and down this season. Got thrown out of the team at one point, but got right in again because of injuries to other players.

FC: Dennis Doesburg - Only played the first half of the season due to injuries. Haven't played since November. Still a great season.

Other notable players:

Jonathan Tissot - Played great before he broke his foot towards the end of the season.

Semir Ukic (YP5b) - One from the academy. Got quite the number of matches and has been called up for the national team, but have yet to get his debut there.

Radek Machacek - Bought this kid because I think he'll be a great player. Got quite the number of matches before he also broke his foot.

Arlind Hamzaj - Has been with us for 5 years, but did well this season. Also scored quite the number of goals on free kicks.

Up and coming youth players:

Andreas Sokolov (YP5a) - Great gk prospective. This he could be great if he keeps his development up.

Philipp Koch (YP6b) - Got his debut this season, but need some more progression.

Marcel Verdel (YP6d) - Got a couple of matches and even scored in the cup final to get his first goal.

Kai Ulrich (YP6a) - Could become a good right winger.

Season		Division	Position	Europe		Cup		Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14		Erste Liga	1st		N/A		3rd rnd		Promotion
2014/15		Bundesliga	5th 		N/A		Winner		Cup winner
2015/16		Bundesliga	2nd 		EL qual		Runner-up	Qualified for CL
2016/17		Bundesliga	1st 		CL pl, EL Group	Winner		Domestic double, EL group stage
2017/18		Bundesliga	1st 		CL 1st ko	Winner		Domestic double, CL first knockout round

XaW I guess Rosenborg did not finish high enough for me to qualify :(. I have got chance for revenge I have been draw against them in the semis this year. Well done on crushing your group in the CL.

Edit: Do they ave each other as favored personel?

A good run in Europe for you, Andrew Haines. Too bad you didn't get a proper replacement for Nemchenko. Keep going though, as the teams in Austria struggles to build their team imo.

I'm hitting a bit of an impass now. I'm short on funds and need something to push me on. Going into the winter break I am top of the table, winning the league and receiving the funds from automatic CL group qualification would massively help.

Oxslow The rules on where european places go can be a bit funny sometimes. Still, always nice to get a promotion season straight off the bat :).

XaW I guess Rosenborg did not finish high enough for me to qualify :(. I have got chance for revenge I have been draw against them in the semis this year. Well done on crushing your group in the CL.

Edit: Do they ave each other as favored personel?

Too bad, would be fun for you to enter Europe that early. Rpsenborg should be one of the favorites in Norway anyhow. No they don't have each other as favorites. Checked that to see if they were brother or something :)

I'm hitting a bit of an impass now. I'm short on funds and need something to push me on. Going into the winter break I am top of the table, winning the league and receiving the funds from automatic CL group qualification would massively help.

Going into Europe helps the finances big time. This season I got a wage budget of about £80k p/w and a transfer budget of £8M. I don't plan on using all that, but it's nice to have anyway.

I give up the board is trying to send me bankrupt. After winning the league and getting promoted for the second year running we aslo came runners up in the cup again. We only managed to play 4 games in the rented stadium the board decided to add under soil heating. now the have splashed out 6.5million on a 5k stadium :(. I might be taking a break from this team for a while really starting to annoy me.

I give up the board is trying to send me bankrupt. After winning the league and getting promoted for the second year running we aslo came runners up in the cup again. We only managed to play 4 games in the rented stadium the board decided to add under soil heating. now the have splashed out 6.5million on a 5k stadium :(. I might be taking a break from this team for a while really starting to annoy me.

That's probably because you rented the other one and they want their own. Should help out in the long term, but that doesn't do you any good now. :rolleyes:

Edit: Btw, that's very cheap for a stadium here in Norway. Everything is expensive... :rolleyes:

The problem is with getting a stadium so early latter on in this challenge I will not be getting another for around 25 years so even with expansions I will be stuck on a 10k ground if I am luck trying to win the Champions League.

Edit: 200 caps that is amazing especially for such a good international side.

Edit 2: I have decided to let the board off because I did not realize they managed to get a sponsorship for the deal that covers over have of the bank loan repayments each year for the next 5 years.

Austria Salzburg

Season 2019/20 - Tipp3-Bundesliga - 1st

120px-SV_Austria_logo.jpg

Overview

Despite a stuttering end to the season, a league and cup double were secured with a game to spare. Pre-season signing Capitao was immense and scored 28 goals before suffering a broken leg in late March that ruled him out for seven months. Japanese international Shin'ichi Iizuka shifted from the right wing where he had aquitted himself well to take Capitao's spot in the attack and weighed in with 12 goals. To date Capitao's stats haven't taken too much of a hit from his time out injury but he will not be fit until September/October. Iizuka's form saw growing interest in him and I was able to arrange a £9.5m transfer to Fenerbache. This was along with the sales of Egyptian midfielder Wael Reda to Dinamo Kiev for £2.7m and I am currently in the process of negotiating to sell Fabio Benitez for between £4-5m. I will be plowing these funds into the team to try to redevelop it in the shape I want it.

The board has tried to build a new stadium now four times and each time the board turned down the request meaning I am stuck with a capacity of only 1800.

tipp3-Bundesliga T-Mobile

Despite a stuttering finish the title was secured with a game to spare following a 4-0 win away at Austria Wien.

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/426/2020leaguetable.jpg

The excellent form of the season saw my players pick up 1st place (for Iizuka) and 2nd (for Capitao) in the Bundesliga player of the year awards.

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/2963/2020playeroftheyear.jpg

OFB-Samsung Cup

A 1-0 victory over Austria Wien saw us pick up the cup for the first time.

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/2062/2020cupfinal.jpg

Europa League

Maccabi Netanya and Ventspils were seen off in style in the Europa League qualifying rounds. Unfortunately the draw was not with me and despite a 2-1 win in Andalusia, Sevilla were too strong winning 3-1 in Austria.

Europa League 2nd Qual Rnd - 1st leg - M.Netanya (Israel) 0-6 Austria Salzburg

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - 2nd leg - Austria Salzburg 3-1 M.Netanya (Israel)

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - 1st leg - Austria Salzburg 4-0 Ventspils (Latvia)

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - 2nd leg - Ventspils (Latvia) 0-4 Austria Salzburg

Europa League Playoff - 1st leg - Sevilla (Spain) 1-2 Austria Salzburg

Europa League Playoff - 2nd leg - Austria Salzburg 1-3 Sevilla (Spain)

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/5383/2020europaleagueplayoff.jpg

Players

Peyrek is still developing nicely and is my undoubted star player. It is going to be difficult to get him on a new contract but he still has three years to run on his current one.

http://imageshack.us/a/img145/9946/2020peyrek.jpg

Iizuka was a star and I was developing a bit of affection for him. Still, I couldn't turn down the sort of money that was put on the table for him and I was delighted to get £9.5m.

http://imageshack.us/a/img248/429/2020iizuka.jpg

Unfortunately Capitao picked up a broken leg in a 1-0 home win over Wiener Neustadt. Hopefully he will recover to pick up where he left off in the new season.

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/5892/2020capitao.jpg

The undoubted beneficiary from Capitao's misfortune was young Austrian winger Daniel Neumann who came into the right midfield berth as Iizuka was shifted upfront. Alongside midfielder Rene Aigner he constitutes the young Austrian presence in the team.

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/9195/2020neumann.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/5497/2020aigner.jpg

16 year old close season signings Pierre Weibert and Erik Engel will get significant numbers of games next season as I think they can be fast tracked with a view to them being first choices in a couple of years time.

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/6969/2020engel.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img62/3245/2020weibert.jpg

Rankings, Reputation etc.

Austria retained 12th place meaning they keep an automatic group place in the Champions League groups.

http://imageshack.us/a/img9/4868/2020europeanqualificati.jpg

Other

Austria failed to qualify for the 2020 European Championships in Turkey finishing fourth in an admittedly strong group.

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/4133/2020eurosqualifying.jpg

Champions League - Barcelona p1-1 Chelsea (http://imageshack.us/a/img202/515/2020championsleaguefina.jpg)

Europa League - Zenith 1-0 Schalke

I'd always take the new stadium if offered. I'm getting well fed up of my 1800 stadium and repeatedly getting turned down for a new one by the council...

£6.5m might sound a lot but I assume it was mainly loans etc. Once you kick into gear the repayments should be dwarfed by other incomes.

Great season there, Andrew Haines! Good job on securing the title. Do you get directly into the group stage, or do you have to go through play-offs first? Enger looks like a great prospect.

Good to see the board got a good deal, Oxslow. Should be fairly easy to get the stadium expanded though.

Oxslow - Norway - Lyn Fotball - Season 2014

Season Review

I won the league but I could have really done with a bigger squad I lost a few games near the end because of suspensions and injuries. I still won the division with games to spare. The cup run had a touch of irony about it this year. I got my revenge on Rosenborg for beating me in last year final. By beating the 2 - 0 in the semi finals. In the finals I met Vålerenga who I beat in the semis last year. I lost on penalties to get the runner up spot for the second year. The board is building a new 5k stadium costing £6.5m.

Screenshots

Top Goal Scorer

Star Player

League Table

Norwegian Cup Final

Finances

Squad

Career Overview

Season    League Finish           Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013      1st Second Division G1  Second Division G1 Champions, Norwegian Cup Runners up
2014      1st First Division      First Division Champions, Norwegian Cup Runners up

Next Season

My aim is to stay up and get players to sign pro contracts and increase the depth of the squad

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxZ-VRMEI7Z7naJbSah_9r9Sh7fVSaVEK0NKPuAidUsIz2KrAB

Newington 2034/35

Table|Squad|Cupfixtures|Transfers

The best season yet with passage through to the group stages of the CL again, although the tie against Shamrock was closer than i expected with a 2-1 home win followed by a 1-1 draw. Once in what looked a tough group the team played out of their skin and qualified with a game to spare leaving my reserves to defeat PSV in the last match. In the 1st KO rd the team played out 2 matches against Schalke with few chances for either side but Newington's slightly better finishing led to the team winning on away goals. In the qtr-final the team faced Celtic and it looked good in the first leg away as with 67 mins gone the team was 2-1 up and in control. Injuries to LB McCarthy and CM Dickson inside a minute turned the match as Celtic went on to score 3 times and win 4-2. They both missed the home leg along with Blazquez and Jinenez leaving the side short of my best players. both FB's has nightmares, the LB was my 4th choice and the team struggled to a 2-2 draw.

The title was close for a while but as has been the case for several seasons once the new year came around the greater class told and Newington moved away from Linfield. They also won the County Antrim Shield and All-Ireland cup.

The board approved an increase in youth and training facilities along with a small increase in the number of seats, finances are steady now as shareholders now take out the 4-5 million profit i make each year.

On the transfer front there were no major transfers out, i let a few youngsters go and Martin left after his second stint. I tried without success to find a really good CB but none were willing to join. My increase to 2 stars rep did allow me to sign this foward at the end of the year, at 4 stars rated my best striker. Blazquez missed 6 months through injury and has noticeably declined, Waterworth showed he can take up McAlinden's role although his low natural fitness is a concern as he seems to need frequent resting.

Several of the best players are making increasing noises about leaving and i think a major rebuild could be on the way.

Season            League          Position       N.Irish Cup                         Europe                         Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14       2nd Division         13th           2nd Rd                             Not yet                       None                                                                                
2014/15       2nd Division         2nd            3rd Rd                             Not yet                       Promoted                                                                            
2015/16       1st Division         5th            3rd Rd                             Not yet                       None                                                                              
2016/17       1st Division         1st            Qtr-Final                          Not yet                       Promoted, S&S winners                                                                          
2017/18       Premier              2nd            Final                         Finding the Passports!             None                                                                        
2018/19       Premier              5th            5th Rd replay                 Euro Cup - 3rd QRd                 None                                                                          
2019/20       Premier              2nd            Semi-final                       Not entered                     None                                                                          
2020/21       Premier              2nd            4th Rd                        Euro Cup - 3rd QRd                 None                                                                              
2021/22       Premier              2nd            Semi-final                    Euro Cup - Playoff                 Co Antrim shield winners                                                                              
2022/23       Premier              1st            Semi-final                    Euro Cup - 3rd QRd                 League Title
2023/24       Premier              2nd            4th-Rd                        CL -2nd QRd                        All-Ireland Cup winners                                                                              
2024/25       Premier              1st            Semi-final                    Euro Cup - 3rd QRd                 League Title, All-Ireland Cup winners
2025/26       Premier              2nd            Semi-final                    CL -3rd QRd, EC - Playoff          None          
2026/27       Premier              1st            Final                         Euro Cup - 3rd QRd                 League Title, AIC, LC winners  
2027/28       Premier              1st            Semi-final                    CL Group                           League Title, AIC Winners      
2028/29       Premier              1st            Semi-final                    CL Playoff, EC Group               League Title, LC winners                
2029/30       Premier              1st            Final                         CL - 3rd QRd, EC - Playoff         League Title, AIC Winners
2030/31       Premier              1st            Winners                       CL Playoff, EC - 2nd KO Rd         League Title, CAS,IC winners    
2031/32       Premier              2nd            Winners                       CL Group                           AIC,IC winners
2032/33       Premier              1st            Winners                       EC - 1st KO Rd                     League Title, IC winners
2033/34       Premier              1st            5th Rd                        CL Group, EC - Qtr-final           League Title, CAS winners
2034/35       Premier              1st            Semi-final                    CL Qtr-final                       League Title, CAS, AIC winners

An automatic CL group spot is close although its entirely down to Newington as no other N Irish team has progressed though a round in years.

N Ireland                                Newington
-------------------------------------------------------
18/19 (44th - 4.000) 1.5 stars (118)
19/20 (43rd - 5.125) 1.5 stars (134)      2.024 (428th)
20/21 (43rd - 4.750) 1.5 stars (129)      1.950 (429th)
21/22 (40th - 6.375) 1.5 stars (142)      3.275 (343rd)
22/23 (37th - 7.125) 1.5 stars (117)      4.699 (260th)
23/24 (37th - 7.625) 1.5 stars (105)      6.024 (234th)
24/25 (41st - 6.250) 1.5 stars (120)      5.749 (238th)
25/26 (37th - 8.250) 1.5 stars (132)      7.149 (210th)
26/27 (37th - 7.875) 1.5 stars (106)      7.547 (202nd)
27/28 (37th - 7.875) 1.5 stars (106)      7.073 (219th)
28/29 (32nd -10.375) 1.5 stars (105)     12.523 (150th)
29/30 (25th -12.625) 2.0 stars (88)      15.023 (132nd)
30/31 (29th -12.375) 2.0 stars (60)      15.473 (126th)
31/32 (21st -15.625) 2.0 stars (84)      25.624  (71st)
32/33 (19th -18.000) 2.0 stars (63)      31.100  (65th)
33/34 (19th -18.050) 2.5 stars (44)      29.550  (59th)
34/35 (15th -21.625) 2.5 stars (31)      48.824  (42nd)
35/36 (14th -26.500) 3.0 stars (19)      71.298  (30th)

Great season there, Andrew Haines! Good job on securing the title. Do you get directly into the group stage, or do you have to go through play-offs first? Enger looks like a great prospect.

Cheers. I went straight into the groups so £7m straight into the bank :) Tough draw though, AC Milan, PSG and Celtic. I fancy my chances of third place and the Europa League knock out rounds though.

Well done on the double Andrew Haines. Shame that Capitao broke his leg but you still got a bargain out of him for 80k.

Capitao is back now and I'm easing him back in. His stats didn't take much of a hit fortunately. I feel fortunate to have found him now, I had loads of cash in the summer but really struggled to spend it without going over the odds on average players.

Good season, Thebaker! Well done on reaching the quarter finals.

Very tough draw, Andrew Haines. You could get lucky though, if you get some points at home.

Well I have just come runners up in the cup and the league :). Then I had a 10 second power cut while saving and lost most of that season :(. not sure yet on what I am going to do. The board was not happy with me because I was not using enough youth players :( so I might start again focusing on them or switch to another team/country/challenge. I reall dont want to play that season over again I dont think I would be happy unless I came runners up in both again and the chances of that are slim.

Is there anything wrong with holidaying for 2 years at the start to pick a team so there is a better chance different teams will be promoted? I know you would not be able to pick a team that got relegated then promoted straight back again?

Thanks jonnyquest409

Archived