The point of a demo?

Adz

I always thought that the point of the demo was to get a feel for the game and to see if you enjoyed it. Then if you did it enjoy it you would buy the game and if you did not enjoy it then you didn't buy it. How am I supposed to do this with the new 'pre-order incentive'? What if I pre-order the game just to play the demo and absolutely hate it? I'm stuck with it. Now when I buy the full game I will have no idea what to expect. I think this is a stupid idea unless I am missing something, and if I am then I'm very sorry.

Many thanks, Adam.

I always thought that the point of the demo was to get a feel for the game and to see if you enjoyed it. Then if you did it enjoy it you would buy the game and if you did not enjoy it then you didn't buy it. How am I supposed to do this with the new 'pre-order incentive'? What if I pre-order the game just to play the demo and absolutely hate it? I'm stuck with it. Now when I buy the full game I will have no idea what to expect. I think this is a stupid idea unless I am missing something, and if I am then I'm very sorry.

Many thanks, Adam.

There is still a demo, but it isn't out for another week

You are confusing an early release beta with a demo

You don't need to pre-order to get the demo, which will be closer to the final product than the pre-release beta. As wally said, the demo is a time-limited version of the game for people who want to try before they buy, whereas the beta is to encourage people to buy now.

Archived