FM 2013 Project: Resetting Europe's borders

on my save last year the Basque teams produced Basque first nationals, I don't think it's going to be any different this time.

I'll run the file again but I can't see what could have changed since I last checked. Just Checked and it produced Basque second nationality. To minimise this problem you'd have to overwrite Spain with Euskadi.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't use pays basque if that will cause problems but use CIS to replace Liechtenstein and then pretty much reset liechtenstein to blank.

that's the only thing i can think of that might work around it but even so i've no idea whether you would then get too many teams trying to qualify for the champions league because you are removing liechtenstein for a properly functioning european nation.

apart from that you might have to have a nation that behaves like liechtenstein overwriting it to get it to work.

I have yet to get to the Liechtenstein problem yet but I think I will probably try the method stated above with switching them out for CIS.

Here is a screenshot of my progress - http://i47.tinypic.com/20pc104.png

Caucaus region is now totally reformed with Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Russian territories of Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia, Kabardino-Balkaria, Karachay-Cherkessia, North Ossetia-Alania. There is also a new nation to the north of the Caucasian Emirate called Circassia composing of the Russia regions of Krasnodar, Adygeya, Rostov, Kalmykia, Astrakhan, Stavropol and Volgograd. The Crimea has also become it's own nation.

Great news! I hope by then I will have already accomplished my goal to win the Polish championship with Dąb Dąbrowa Białostocka and will be ready for a new challenge.

I tried the method of swapping Liechtenstein and CIS and it worked fine, the new nation got a place in the CL and 3 in the Euro League.

I did have a problem with 24 teams from entering the Europa League though, i think this is a problem with my coefficient setting though.

I have some ideas for cups for this database.

1. Regional cups within new nations: You could have cups for each region within a new nation. For example Padania (North Italy) would host the following regional cups: a Piedmont cup, Emilia-Romana cup, Valle d'Aosta cup, Lombardia cup, Veneto cup, Friuli-Venezia-Giulia cup and Trentino cup. The winners of each cup could then be qualified for a supercup where all regional cupwinners of this new nation participate.

2. International (CIS-like) club cups: International cups where the competition and/or cup winners of the new nations play versus the winners of other new nations, that where in the same nation before. For example the winners of Corsica e Sardinia, Padania, Tyrrhenia and Magna Grecia play in an all Italy cup. (Just like former USSR nations compete in the CIS cup)

3. An extra Europa Cup: You keep the CL, EL and European Super Cup as they are, but add a new European Cup. The winners and runner ups of the CIS-like cups as mentioned above will play in an entirely new European Cup. If some teams qualify for CL (competition winners) and/or EL (cup winners, highest placed competition teams that did not qualify for the CL) they will/won't play in the new European Cup. (This will depend on the free space of the international calender.)

4. Normal FA Cups in every new nation

5. An entirely new European Super Cup, (World Club Cup style): Here the winners of the CL, EL and 3rd European Cup will play versus eachother. The 4th team will be the hosting nations champion or the last years champion for example.

I understand that it could be very hard or even impossible to implement some of my ideas, but I hope some of them will add to the fun of this database.

I have now completed the Kurdistan nation it includes teams from East Turkey, North Iraq, North-West Iran and a small bit of East Syria.

Here are some screenshots of the league, cup and NT.

League and Cup

http://i45.tinypic.com/30th3k8.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/nlr8g8.png

National Team

http://i47.tinypic.com/s64nwl.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/mr41g.png

Misc of how CL qualifying looks right now, this will all be changed once I get a feel of how strong all the adjusted nations are.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1q1m61.png

Sinan Bolat ??? Kurdish origin ??? he is from Kayseri and he is Tatar-Turkic origin ;) And mostly last names is not kurdish last names

in Modern Turks first and last name: Polat

is by our Tatars first and last name: Bolat

Mostly Tatars lived in Turkey: Eskisehir, Bursa, Manisa, Kocaeli, Kayseri, Nevsehir, Ankara, Konya, Istanbul, etc...

Sinan Bolat ??? Kurdish origin ??? he is from Kayseri and he is Tatar-Turkic origin ;) And mostly last names is not kurdish last names

in Modern Turks first and last name: Polat

is by our Tatars first and last name: Bolat

Mostly Tatars lived in Turkey: Eskisehir, Bursa, Manisa, Kocaeli, Kayseri, Nevsehir, Ankara, Konya, Istanbul, etc...

This Kurdistan composes of players from the regions of South East Turkey, this will not go by ethnic background as I do not have the knowledge to provide this. The biggest Turkish city in this 'Kurdistan' will be Gaziantep.

This Kurdistan composes of players from the regions of South East Turkey, this will not go by ethnic background as I do not have the knowledge to provide this. The biggest Turkish city in this 'Kurdistan' will be Gaziantep.

Hmm Okay, I understand it. But if Kurdistan national team add only kurdish origin players they will much better then this. some kurdish people and Turkish peoples if see this then hate this patch. because there is a big war on fighting for origin.

I'am a Tatar-Turk I look it for my Crimeans and Kazans :) I hope to see in Future of this patch Nogais and Mongols :D

Hmm Okay, I understand it. But if Kurdistan national team add only kurdish origin players they will much better then this. some kurdish people and Turkish peoples if see this then hate this patch. because there is a big war on fighting for origin.

I'am a Tatar-Turk I look it for my Crimeans and Kazans :) I hope to see in Future of this patch Nogais and Mongols :D

Potentially this patch could upset many nations and people but it is only fantasy, without surveying football players for their heritage I couldn't make it this way, I have to change what I have been given by SI.

If you know a database which shows me names of players with Kurdish origin I will be happy to give them Kurdish nationality but without this I am stuck.

I am surprised you are not more upset about Istanbul and West Turkey being part of a Greek styled nation. But remember it is only fantasy and not meant to upset peoples.

Peace.

I am surprised you are not more upset about Istanbul and West Turkey being part of a Greek styled nation. But remember it is only fantasy and not meant to upset peoples.

Peace.

I'm guessing that's because his argument is about something of historical accuracy. And Western Turkey has been as Greek as modern borders of Greece since forever ;)

Potentially this patch could upset many nations and people but it is only fantasy, without surveying football players for their heritage I couldn't make it this way, I have to change what I have been given by SI.

If you know a database which shows me names of players with Kurdish origin I will be happy to give them Kurdish nationality but without this I am stuck.

Peace.

I Know it and I Respected your Work and Project. Only I wanted help you with some nations.

Peace :)

gonna make a few cosmetic changes:

Magna Grecia = Trinacria

South England = Anglia

British Midlands = Mercia

North England = Cumbria (could also use Northumbria but I'm leaving that for sakpase :) )

Wallachia = Danubia (Moldova is not part of Wallachia so it's more fair for them this way)

Also. Galicia will be joining Portugal to spice things up over there while the northwestern nation of Spain will be renamed Asturias and will contain the provinces of Asturies and Cantabria.

8. Hellas*(Athens) = Greece + Cyprus + Marmara & Aegean regions(from Turkey)

* Hellas will regain the coastal areas of Turkey since there are many refugee clubs so they will be reinstated back to their proper home. The Turkish players born there will not change to Greek and the Turkish teams & stadiums will be relocated to Ottoman Republic.

Just out of interest, in which time-frame is this Hellas situated? What has happened with those refugee clubs that you mention? And what will you do with the Turkish part of Cyprus?

I haven't bought FM13 yet, as I still have fun with FM12. But if I do, your update and Sakpase's would be amongst my favorites to try.

There's no data on the occupied areas of Cyprus. I just moved the refugee clubs back to their rightful places. So Anorthosi Famagusta is back in Famagusta(Ammochostos). Also put Panionios back to Smyrni and located AEK in Constantinople(Istanbul). AEK is a club created by refugees but not an actual uprooted refugee club like Panionios. Could put PAOK there too but P stands for Panthesalonikios which means Pan-Salonika. AEK stands for Athletic Union of Constantinople ;)

Time frame is not exact, but you could say it's the 1920 borders plus the islands (including Cyprus).

I have some ideas for the new national stadiums.

Stadiumsize:

You could ofcourse use the stadium of the highest ranked team in your new capital cities, but what about creating a new national stadium, located in that new capital? You could give it an amount of seats that is an average of the 3, or 5 biggest stadium in your new country for example, or choose the capacity of the biggest stadium in this country and add 10 % for example.

Stadiumnames:

For the stadiumname, I would choose from the following options:

• nationname-stadium (i.e. Alba Stadium, Padania Stadium, Helvetica Stadium, Skandinavia Stadium),
  • capitalname-stadium (i.e. Londen Stadium, Oslo Stadium, Bern Stadium, Rotterdam Stadium),
  • important person stadium (could be king or queen) (i.e. Johan Cruijff Stadium, Franz Beckenbauer Stadium, Rembrandt Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Stadium), (I would prefer non football names above football names)
  • or use the name of an important brand or landmark or symbol (i.e. Philips Stadium, Rhône Stadium, Matterhorn Stadium, Fleur-de-lys Stadium (French Lilly Stadium))

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Tatar

when will this released ???

Originally Posted by Booooooom

Sorry for stalling with this. I don't have that much free time at the moment and I'm enjoying a save with the game. Could probably finish off with everything by the end of the year.

My last post ;)

Today is the last day of the end of the year. I hope end of today become the release of this mod. I want to play with Crimeans :) Thank You.. And "HAPPY NEW YEAR" To all FM Forum Members ;):)

• 2 weeks later...

can't really tell. I see that sakpase has faced a few errors which I'm hoping I won't face but I can't promise anything. I was hoping to have it all released by now but I keep getting huge assignments at work. I'll do my best to get things done asap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

unfortunately i've had too much workload and didn't have as much free time as I thought i'd have so this has stalled. If anyone wants to go on from where I've gotten I can send him the db. Otherwise you can simply wait for 1-2 months :)

I wish I had the time myself (and probably more pertinently, any decent understanding of the editor!) to take you up on the offer, Booooooom, but I don't so I'll just say that I'm very glad to hear that you haven't completely abandoned the project and I look forward to playing it once you do manage to get it done, it has all the makings of a fascinating project.

• 2 weeks later...

My two cents:

About "Catalunya"..

A much better name for it would be Països Catalans, also - you can throw in the city of L'Alguer (Alghero) in Sardinia to it, as it's also a "part" of the "catalan countries". Although that would be kind of irrelevant as they don't have an active football club in the city :D

My two cents:

About "Catalunya"..

A much better name for it would be Països Catalans, also - you can throw in the city of L'Alguer (Alghero) in Sardinia to it, as it's also a "part" of the "catalan countries". Although that would be kind of irrelevant as they don't have an active football club in the city :D

they might not have a club but it would effect the nationality of any players/ regens from there.

Archived