Assymetrical 2-2-2-2-2 - EPL Win with Swansea 1st season.

Do you have any defensive tweeks we could use when we want to defend a lead in the 2nd half? Losing my lead too many times because opponent is counter attacking my possession football.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/102557-1109-passes-one-game-barcelona-93%25-possession.html

I've started using that baby to see out games.

Got Honda sent off away to Spartak Moscow knicked a goal from a corner and threw this on. Won 1-0.

Had a good season with CSKA Moscow with this. Loved the tactic.

The beta update seems to have messed it up though. Not creating anywhere near as many CCC, scoring as much goals or getting as much possession. Still concedeing as much if not more so I probably wont play with this tactic again seeming the attacking isnt as good now.

This tactic got me to 5th in the Premier League playing with essentially the default QPR team in my first season. Junior Hoilett and Shaun Wright-Phillips were absolute monsters, playing as the STL and AMR respectively.

However, like iMan said, the update seems to have hurt this tactic. The wingers do absolutely nothing now.

This tactic got me to 5th in the Premier League playing with essentially the default QPR team in my first season. Junior Hoilett and Shaun Wright-Phillips were absolute monsters, playing as the STL and AMR respectively.

However, like iMan said, the update seems to have hurt this tactic. The wingers do absolutely nothing now.

Yeah its a pity as I was really enjoying it.

Three wins out of three, early days but looking good

Tactic formation is radical, not seen one like this before, seems to keep the ME guessing which way the player is going to pass by which time we score a goal..

Oppostion goalies still making remarkable saves though, some of which are point blank against ST will 13/14 finishing, patch will hopefully sort this

Juniper league with Den Bosch

Well done GlesgaKillia

Hello, and first of all thank you for this tactic I use with blackburn and works very well. I want to know if I can post the footmanager to share it and make some happy users who are struggling with this new version of fm. I would put a link to see your post here. In the meantime thank you again from you.

managing arsenal & norway.. had trouble beating top teams with arsenal and decided to try this tactic. it's very good! :) played 6 games with arsenal. 4wins 2 draws :) walcott on amr is a beast! 4games and 7 assists.

Yeah I was wrong about this. Went back to my CSKA save in my 3rd season and Ive been absolutely destroying everything in my path. Just beat PSG 5-0 in the CL group stage.

14 games so far 13 wins 1 draw away to Chelsea. It seems even better than my first season.

Some things I find that help the tactic even further is leaving your match prep on defense positioning and General training on Team Cohesion. I just notice with Team Cohesion the team just seem make more of those effective intricate passes that carve open teams.

Also if you have a narrow lead switch from Control to Contain and use the shouts Retain Possession and Play even safer. Haven't thrown away 1 lead doing that and we actually still score a few on Contain.

Playing as Arsenal I made a tweak for FM13. Got rid of the left sided forward and put a ball playing defender with duty of cover into the vacant cb slot. I also dropped his passing style down so its level with the other defenders. Played 24, W 19, D 2, L 3. The draws and defeats were while the team got used to the formation. I've won the last 13 in a row including a 5-1 hammering of Man United.

Hi acapjowo, I don't know how to upload tactics. The only change I made to the original was to move the left sided sided forward to DCL. there are no other positional changes. I allocated the role of 'ball playing defender', duty set to cover. I changed his passing style to the same as the DL and DCR. Those were the only changes. Hope that helps

If you leave the match prep on defensive positioning and at 50% of training it drastically reduces the amount of CCC this tactic gives up while still scoring lots of goals.

In my current United save its been 7 games since I conceded.

If you leave the match prep on defensive positioning and at 50% of training it drastically reduces the amount of CCC this tactic gives up while still scoring lots of goals.

In my current United save its been 7 games since I conceded.

It doesn't work for my team. Less goal for my team ans more CCC for opponent.

i just registered on dugout to download this tactic, and then immediately got told i was a spam bot and that im banned from the site. i've no idea what a spam bot is, so if someone can pm me, that would be great. i've emailed dugout to try and resolve the issue, so hopefully it'll work out in the end. very interested to see this tactic.

I don't understand why you would delete your tactic based on the comments of one user?

I've had great success using your tactic on FM13 and really enjoy it.. Don't think you should let one negative post affect you like that!

Anyway thanks for a great tactic and hopefully you will create new ones as well..

It has worked well for FM13 but i'd rather see how it does after the 2013 patch before releasing it proper. Have a few more tricks up my sleave but I want to see what SI release before stating I have a definitive tactic.

I have found that it is actually much better since 13.1.2. Concede a lot less goals. First season in the beta i don't think I kept one clean sheet. Though I used to score a lot more goals! I still average just under 3 a game now.

Looking forward to your new tricks!

iMan - do you use the default version?

Currently in 2nd season with Bournemouth and i'm punching above my weight in the championship with the default tac but i do ship a lot of goals.

Yeah the one he had posted in here. I didnt bother making the tweaks.

That Bournemouth save on the new patch?

Yeah the one he had posted in here. I didnt bother making the tweaks.

That Bournemouth save on the new patch?

Yup, i'm on the latest update. Its going well. I'll win 5-6 game sin a row and then lose a couple. Really frustrating how somegames we destroy teams and others we are so useless. Still a great tactic tho. I use the absolute default version and i implement the contain/retain possession/play it safe tweak if im winning after 60 mins or so.

Yup, i'm on the latest update. Its going well. I'll win 5-6 game sin a row and then lose a couple. Really frustrating how somegames we destroy teams and others we are so useless. Still a great tactic tho. I use the absolute default version and i implement the contain/retain possession/play it safe tweak if im winning after 60 mins or so.

Im after making one tweak now since I got back to my CSKA save on the new patch. I had the best defensive record in the league last season but on this new update they seemed to just carve through the defense alot more easier then on the last patch for some reason so I just moved my dm to the left centre back spot and made him a stopper and put my Central defender on the right side as cover. Seems to have made us alot more solid at the back while still as good in attack.

I've only done it for a few games though so I'll see how it goes over a longer period.

Archived