Have been eagerly anticipating the release of FM13 but thought i'd give FM12 one more go..

I thought i'd be my favourite team - Chelsea, i don't normally do this as i view as being too easy and not much of a challenge but i wanted to see if i could dominate everything over a 2 / 3 season spell before the new game comes out. (this is with the transfer update) So i set about it and decided i wasn't going to use any 'super' tactic but a realistic 4-2-3-1 - similar to how Chelsea have started this season. By Christmas however, i was totally bored of the game, not cos i was running away with the league, not at all but because it was just totally unrealistic that Sturridge had like 25 goals and averaging a goal a game at the halfway point of the season ! Just kind of took the fun out of the whole thing - so much so that i stopped playing him as it was so predictable! It's not even the case that his stats are THAT good, so why is it, he is such a goal machine that outscores world class players ?! Anyway, sorry for the rant but i've left FM12 now and i cannot wait for FM13 to be released. Really looking forward to it. ;-)

My sons football trainer was in ajax to learn from their youth development and he asked one of their coaches. What do you look for in a young and promising player?

And he replied, pace, pace and then pace, everything else you can learn.

For those wanting a new challenge with only weeks to go then popping down into the editors hideaway and trying some of the fantasy databases is a good idea. They are generally quick, easy and simple.

My Lincs and Humber one is something I know a few people are trying as a last challenge before FM13

Archived