EDT and DDT Files - The Official Guide

westmead63

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest johnnio

I want to make a future transfer by bringing in Villarreal's Riquelme to Leeds next year. If a player has 3 names i.e. Juan Roman Riquelme, how will I write it on edt file, I'm thinking it is: "FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Juan" "Roman Riquelme" "Leeds" "Villarreal" 01 07 2006, but I'm not sure. Also do you put new club first like I have done, or is it the current club first?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by johnnio:

I want to make a future transfer by bringing in Villarreal's Riquelme to Leeds next year. If a player has 3 names i.e. Juan Roman Riquelme, how will I write it on edt file, I'm thinking it is: "FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Juan" "Roman Riquelme" "Leeds" "Villarreal" 01 07 2006, but I'm not sure. Also do you put new club first like I have done, or is it the current club first?

it will be "FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Juan" "" "Roman Riquelme"

Here's for Japanese clubs. Worked for me. Pardon my limited knowledge of Japanese clubs though... Heheh Cheers!

#Japan

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1000037 "Albirex Niigata (S)" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 107280 "Albirex Niigata" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1194 "Shimizu S-Pulse" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1191 "Nagoya Grampus Eight" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1189 "Kashima Antlers" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1186 "Gamba Osaka" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1184 "Bellmare Hiratsuka" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1195 "Urawa Reds" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1196 "Tokyo Verdy" "" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1198 "Yokohama Marinos" ""

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1188 "Jubilo Iwata" ""

"COMP_NAME_CHANGE" 102428 "J-League 1" ""

"COMP_NAME_CHANGE" 115424 "J-League 2" ""

something i doesn't understand with “RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERSâ€; does it make so all new players are from a specifik country or does it makes so that there comes more players from it but all the other countries are without changes?

and is this for new games or does it makes more regenes from a country? someone told me that i could make something so that regens cames from more different countries if i become a member here..

Originally posted by AIK:

something i doesn't understand with “RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERSâ€; does it make so all new players are from a specifik country or does it makes so that there comes more players from it but all the other countries are without changes?

and is this for new games or does it makes more regenes from a country? someone told me that i could make something so that regens cames from more different countries if i become a member here..

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" retains all of the players with that nationality when it's working out who to include when you create a new game. As far as I'm aware it has no impact on regens.

You can create regen details (including nationality) using the "FUTURE_REGEN" command in EDT files, but you'd probably need to create rather a lot of these for it to have any major impact.

Please forgive my ignorance (I'm not one for editting the databases and this will more than likely be the only time I'm seen in this area of the site) but is it possible using the EDT files (or any other method) to view all the clubs in the game and their respective reputations, transfer funds, wage budgets, ground capacaties etc?

Originally posted by jptykes:

Please forgive my ignorance (I'm not one for editting the databases and this will more than likely be the only time I'm seen in this area of the site) but is it possible using the EDT files (or any other method) to view all the clubs in the game and their respective reputations, transfer funds, wage budgets, ground capacaties etc?

If you have programming experience you could use Jonny Rivers's FM Database API.

Originally posted by alba du braich:

For Celtic would it be Glasgow Celtic, Celtic, or Celtic FC?

If I tried all variations as seperate commands would it just load the right one or throw a wobbler?

In the database all of their names appear to be Celtic, however it's easier to use their ID which is 1569.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for being a computer moron, but I have created a ddt file from notepad to retain players, but where is the exact location that I save it, so that it will show up next time I start a new game?

cheers

aby idea how i could enable real japanese teams even if u cant manage them for authenticity. for example i want grampus 8, shimizu s-pulse, tokyo verdy, f marinos and so on instead of teams like tokyo metro feliz in my game.

I tried to create a regen by entering the follwoing text at the end of the patch.edt file:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Nick" "" "Watts" "06-02-1982" "England" "Liverpool"

I did it before I started my current game with wolves and am now into my second season, but this regen has not been created. Have I done something wrong? Do they get created in random seasons?

3 questions...for the edt and ddt experts:

Using Fm2006, patch 6.0.3:

- Can I make an update using only edt and ddt files (I assume so, but I tried and most transfers don't work ?!) so that it can work no matter how many patches are out? I did for Fm2005 but it does not seem to work in 2006...

- Is there a command for LOAN or FUTURE LOAN??

- Can I use ONLY IDs for future transfer?

ex: "FUTURE_TRANSFER" PLAYERID" "CLUBID" etc...

(players' and club's names are so long sometimes that it's a hassle to make an update like that!)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I running some tests and I cannot get this to work!

What's wrong:

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Ronaldo Luiz" "Ronaldo" "Nazário de Lima" "1736" "650" 20 7 2005 -1 -1 -1

"LOAN" "Ronaldo Luiz" "Ronaldo" "Nazário de Lima" "1736" "650" 1 6 2005 1 7 2005

Basically I want to test the Loan option and the future transfer option using club ID...

Should work like this, no?

Originally posted by nerazzurri:

You need to use the club long names, e.g. "Real Madrid C.F." rather than the IDs.

I think the loan command does still work but it can't set loans in the future so you need to set the loan to start before the game does.

Got it...I was missing the 0 in the dates...and for the loooooooooong club names I will just be using your edt generator icon_wink.gif

By the way, how come all this work...and no loan capability (that is in my opinion easier to program than a future transfer icon_frown.gif )

Anyway thanks to your v0.5.0 I'll go waaaaaaaay faster to update 6.0.3

Cheers and thanks for the reply

For the Loan, It actually DOES work...I tested it.

I do have some concern though...using EDT to create uppdates...

60% fo them don't work icon_frown.gif , the reasons:

- some players have a certain name in the Editor and the name looks different in the game! angryfire.gif ! (e.g Julio Cesar Caceres from Nantes has a "lopez" at the end of his name...not in the editor)

- also I DID use sometimes Teams' ID in future transfer and loans...it does work, sometimes. icon14.gif

- depending on the real team name e.g Marseille or Olympique de Marseille...the EDT edit does not work. icon_rolleyes.gif

- EDT does not overwrite the editor e.g Maniche loan on Jan3rd in the editor...overwrite in July 2005 does not work...

In conclusion, updating the game using EDT and DDT ony IS NOT RELIABLE... icon15.gif

Anyway the data update is not so bad...I only found 10-15 mistakes in France Ligue 1, 2 and national.

• 4 weeks later...

A Quastion. Is it possible to not allow any transfers at all and/or stop all players age? Someone out there who know, how to do?

any1 know if theres a full list of ddt and edt files around that work on fm2006,i wanna make a super league useing them just woundering if is pos

is the edit data on prefferences dunno if spelt right where do you find it at because i am confused thanks if you can help me out

Archived