How do you go about the start of a new game?

At the start of a new save there are way too many things to remember to do, I can never seem to do these in a simple way but rather get annoyed with it all.

I also struggle to remember everything I've learnt about tactics/training etc without writing it all down, is anybody else the same, or do you have your own methods of doing things at the start of a new save?

Look at the squad to see what we need. Get people on the list who are of no use to me. Fire majority of the staff (if there's anyone left) bring in my own guys. Send the scouts where I want Sort training out. sort out the set pieces. Start looking at who I want to bring in playing wise. Job done.

everything from post #2 plus check the affiliated clubs, request feeder/parent club, look at clubs young talents, arrange friendlies (if at start of the season) and a few other little things...takes about 30 mins to properly get going for me after all this :)

I follow the same pattern on all my saves. Its easier to make a list of what to do and follow it. After a while its second nature, and starting a new save becomes less daunting and confusing...

1. Manage subscriptions - remove all subscriptions (speeds up processing time).

2. Match setup - I set this to how I want to view my matches (usually 3d side view).

3. Tactics - I load my 2 saved tactics, plus my pre-season friendly tactic (which is basically my main tactic but focused on short passing & easy tackling).

4. Team Policy - set the assistants to do all the things I can't be bothered with.

• Tell the assistant not to bug me with reserve player availabilty news.
  • Set the reserves and U18's to use 1st team match tactics.
  • Set the scout to only show me future prospect and transfer listed emails (if I'm starting in the lower leagues with little money to spend).

5. Move all reserve players into first team squad and sort by them by best postion.

• Here's where I whittle my squad down to my best 2 GK's, 4 FB's, 4 CD's, 4 MC's, 2 MR's 2 ML's, 4 Strikers.
  • This is my core 22 player squad. All the rest are discarded back into the reserves and set for sale or loan.

6. Check U18's and make available for the reserves anyone aged 17+

7. Check boardroom and see if I can add more staff. If I can, I go place job ads for what I need.

8. Training - all my players are set to Condition training.

9. Cancel any computer generated pre-season games and create my own; starting with 1st team v my reserves (x 2 matches), 1st team v lower league team, 1st team v similar level team or higher level team, and finally about a week before the league campaign starts 1st team v lower league team that I can gurantee to beat easily (to give my squad excellent starting morale).

10. Continue.

11. Hire staff and auto assign coaches and player training focus.

12. Set scouting assignments and begin checking available transfers, comparing them against my core 22 squad. Check affiliate clubs for possble loan ins and outs.

13. Begin pre-season matches using my friendly tactic.

14. After my last friendly match, load my training schedules and set the training regime for all my players.

15. Start the season.

Hope this helps.

It's not easy for none fm without any scouting tools isn't it?

starting adjustments in the team with:

1)management

and so plan:

season-expectations

fundamentalities

and approach:

board,

continue from the first press conference with:

2)management

leadership

and so approach:

team

tactics

market

Be creative in tactics and

have saved notes that will help you remember things like scouting next opposition.

Archived