Forgive me for being a n00b, but....

Schmutta

....I have been told by a couple FM 08 users that if I edit my game in the slightest it will 'wreck' the game (They said wreck as in their case all star players went to Fulham, random players start appearing etc etc). Is this true?

the thing is that FM is a complicated computer programme using masses of data and calculations, so the different aspeacts of it work with each other. If you try to edit the game without using codes that still make sense when the game tries to read them, then yes you will get strange things happening, or you wont be able to select leagues because the game cant find them, or calculations will go wrong during the game and it will crash at random. And there are some things which cant be altered. But if you follow the 'rules' of editing you can make some significant changes to the games as you see fit. The pieces of advice i would offer are: pay attention to the existing codes on the editor; ask for and follow the advice from folk on this forum in particular, they will try to help you; if you are making serious alterations, make regular backup saves and try to start the game, then if you have gone wrong somewhere in your latest version it wont be hours of tinkering you need to scrap; be prepared to compromise your ideas if your plans are too ambitious - if the game wont accept some changes to the coding, sometimes its not worth all that time and effort!

Archived