semi-final the second - Germany vs. Italy

boots

Who ya got?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

BTW-anybody knows why Buffon was so pissed off after the game? He went directly to thechanging room instead of celebrating with the players. He seriously looked like a guy who just lost :D

Had himself captain in fantasy football.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Italy's style? What's that supposed to mean?

You sure you weren't watching re-runs of an old tournament?

why?

10char

Catenaccio > * ;):cool:
Normally I'm not a big fan of the way Italy play, but this tournament they played good football and nowhere near any kind of catenaccio

Spain on the other hand has been rather boring

Not catenaccio. I never even said that. :D I've been impressed with the way Italy play defensively but both Spain and Germany's way of playing stands out for me. Germany have been incredibly entertaining (until today -_-) and Spain's passing is a joy to watch. For Italy, all I can say is that they defend very well and they're tactically perfect in most games. Yet, style wise, I don't find thinking 'wow, that was amazing', unless Pirlo is being Pirlo again. It's not that I hate them or feel it (being in the final) is undeserved; it's just not something I enjoy watching.

Not catenaccio. I never even said that. :D I've been impressed with the way Italy play defensively but both Spain and Germany's way of playing stands out for me. Germany have been incredibly entertaining (until today -_-) and Spain's passing is a joy to watch. For Italy, all I can say is that they defend very well and they're tactically perfect in most games. Yet, style wise, I don't find thinking 'wow, that was amazing', unless Pirlo is being Pirlo again. It's not that I hate them or feel it (being in the final) is undeserved; it's just not something I enjoy watching.

So then don't.

i...what? cassano has been a bundle of flair in all of the games thus far. there have been many instances of one-touch passing in the italian side. they have created a plethora chances, unlike spain (i still want to kill myself after spain - france). something tells me that some sort of bias is affecting your judgment of the italian team here.

tumblr_m6chw58YHo1r39oauo1_250.gif

:cool:

Was thinking about the City-QPR game for the last 20 minutes, was horrible even though Germany didn't look threatening. Özil's penalty made it worse :D

Could tell Mario was thinking the same, he really started bricking it after the penalty :lol:

i...what? cassano has been a bundle of flair in all of the games thus far. there have been many instances of one-touch passing in the italian side. they have created a plethora chances, unlike spain (i still want to kill myself after spain - france). something tells me that some sort of bias is affecting your judgment of the italian team here.

Nah, dude. Italy have a lot of players I admire - Pirlo, Balotelli, Cassano, Barzagli, Chiellini, Buffon, De Rossi etc. It's not just not my thing, you know? Maybe I was a little harsh in saying I'd lose faith in football (or whatever I said) but I would be sort of disappointed if Italy win the final.

That said, if it means Del Bosque resigns, then go Italy :cool:

BTW-anybody knows why Buffon was so pissed off after the game? He went directly to thechanging room instead of celebrating with the players. He seriously looked like a guy who just lost :D

I think he was angry with teammates about too many missed opportunities (like Marchisio did...)

Nah, dude. Italy have a lot of players I admire - Pirlo, Balotelli, Cassano, Barzagli, Chiellini, Buffon, De Rossi etc. It's not just not my thing, you know? Maybe I was a little harsh in saying I'd lose faith in football (or whatever I said) but I would be sort of disappointed if Italy win the final.

That said, if it means Del Bosque resigns, then go Italy :cool:

They've, arguably, been the best side in the tournament so it would be deserving if they won.

Saying he wants Spain to win is fine and not one person would have raised an eyebrow at that. To say "If Spain don't win in the final, I'll lose faith in football." makes him look like a complete idiot :D

I DID want Spain to win but now I think it would be better for everyone is Leppard loses faith in football.

Good match. Unexpected from Germany. Expected from Italy.

Surprisingly, Germany's attack was dull today. Until Reus and Müller came in, Germany didn't play through the flanks. It's not quite understandable because the news must have been known that Chiellini was injured and wasn't even fully fit. Germany were more dangerous in the second half when they used the wings. The team was often so close, but Italy defended well today.

It was an expected performance from fatigue Italy, and understandably, they gave everything today. The whole defense was solid, and credits go to Cesare Prandelli who decided to use Balzaretti instead of Maggio. The midfield functioned well, and Marchisio upped his game. I think I'm right so far by saying that Montolivo will play well if he's a trequartista. Balotelli should play like this more often, and I'm glad to see Cassano's magic moment.

Organized Germany fell today, but their solid performances should earn the team a thumb up. I'm happy to see Italy give everything they could after less rest, but this fatigue is accumulating. Marchisio said after the game that he was so tired that he could see barely, including the moment when he didn't see Di Natale coming from his left. Let's see how Italy's fitness level will be on Sunday. In any case, a great job from them.

Saying he wants Spain to win is fine and not one person would have raised an eyebrow at that. To say "If Spain don't win in the final, I'll lose faith in football." makes him look like a complete idiot :D
I DID want Spain to win but now I think it would be better for everyone is Leppard loses faith in football.

I did say perhaps I was too harsh but, obviously, that doesn't matter.

Some of the comments in here are stupid. Italy's passing and 1 touch football has been brilliant to watch, they are nothing like the old Italian defensive teams, in fact the only part of the team that looked ropey at times at all tonight was the defense at the start.

Some of the comments in here are stupid. Italy's passing and 1 touch football has been brilliant to watch, they are nothing like the old Italian defensive teams, in fact the only part of the team that looked ropey at times at all tonight was the defense at the start.

Indeed. I think Italy are the most similar team to Spain that played in the tournament actually. They're trying to outpass the opposition through a midfield packed with passers, just attempt a lot more long range passes from deep.

Again, got to mention Pirlo. The guy is just on sensational form. :thup:

Surprised Italy won this. They played very well in the first half. Cassano pissed all over Hummels.

If this is what we can expect of the Serie A for the years to come, I am looking very much forward to it :thup:

With a bit of luck/sharpness, Germany would've grabbed the first goal much sooner which could've made the end of the game interesting.

I have no idea about the final. Talk about group of death when two teams qualify for the final! The two group B teams crashed out in the semis.

The fact we were in incredibly hard group an nearly went through is kinda rewarding in sense of proving we have some quality but it makes no difference in all honesty. People mostly say we should have done better after 1-1 against Italy when we had them on ropes. We took it as a decent result and it proved not to be.

Interesting fact also that Italy and Spain are last 2 world cup winners.

German defence was just all over the place yesterday. Fantastic display from Italy though. I expect the Balotelli to Madrid rumours will appear after a fine display in a huge game with added comment from his agent ;)

Am sure Mourinho would love him back under his command :lol:

Archived