England vs Italy - Sunday 19:45

CaptainPlanet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, another team doing what they have to do to win is fine but if Spain do the same, it's not fine?

I said it was fine but boring. Most people would rather watch a free-flowing match with both teams trading attacking moves. Spain hypnotize you with those short masses many made just to retain possession. You are right though that a team has to do what they have to do to win. I just dont have to enjoy it.

If Spain would actually try to get the ball forward you would see how exposed their back 4 are by pacey forwards. Remember their losses in competitive matches to the USA and Switzerland? Speed killed em.

So Spain should leave themselves vulnerable by playing attacking football yet it's fine for the other team to put pretty much everyone back defending?

I'm just going to stop here. Going in circles :/

So Spain should leave themselves vulnerable by playing attacking football yet it's fine for the other team to put pretty much everyone back defending?

I'm just going to stop here. Going in circles :/

France did not have everyone back defending.

Inter actually played nice stuff in their run, but because they played defensively at the Nou Camp, people remember the side as dull and boring on their CL run, which isn't the case.

But there remembered as a tactial team which played to their strengths and their opposition's weaknesses

The commentators keep going on about how tired England are, ignoring that they've been this awful for everything bar the first ten minutes? Rooney in particular has been absolutely shocking, although Young has run him close. As usual, all the big names (bar Terry) have completely bottled it at this tournament.

Nah, but this performance since 2nd half has been terrible but lucky.

The thing is. England can play, we just haven't seen it for the last 75 minutes.

Joe Hart will take a penalty btw.

Archived