League 1 Thread - 2012/13

G-Man11

Tbh as your likely aware I wasn't able to make it so all the things that I'm saying are coming from people I know that did go. From what they've said it was more the away fans in home area's that caused issue then the "invasion" (apart from the kid that was swinging from the crossbar - they want to kill him :D) and also the way our stewards and police handled (or didn't handle) the situation. From what most have said - you guys were fine and helped create a decent atmosphere

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't see anyone jumping into the stand in all fairness. I saw plenty of fans taking pictures and singing' date=' then plenty of people walking off through barriers opened for us by kind stewards. I'm trying to give a bit of balance to a really poor statement which added to some awful stills makes us out to be proper Hooligans jumping into the home end punching everyone and kicking stewards :D[/quote']

Have you heard what happened at Waterloo station with the "new 657 crew" vs Millwall on Saturday?

I assume a couple of kids shouted 657 657 657, and Millwall shouted.. COME ON LADS LETS HAVE IT.. then the kids realised they were missing their train so ran to the platform. Then someone put it on Twitter and now everyone thinks there was a huge riot !!

Eitherway it's sad isn't it? Luckily any stupidity from our fans was completely overshadowed by the Millwall fan stealing the policemans hat, and the Newcastle fan punching a horse!

It's almost another one of those tribal things isn't it? Like us invading your pitch is sleeping in your bed. At the end of the day you'll remember winning the game' date=' so atleast we got something from it other than a fine :D[/quote']

Stay off our turf bruv :mad:

So I noticed our goal of the season competition is up now. I went to vote and I realised they basically took off about 10 of our best goals ffs :mad: Seems they've decided that any goal scored by McGoldrick isn't eligible despite the fact that he scored about nearly all our best goals. I mean Clarke came in and scored a load of goals as well but all his have been 6 yard box type goals whilst McGoldrick was doing stuff like chipping the keeper from 30 yards with a first time volley.

That is the worse ref I've ever seen. I said the same even when we where loosing, he just didn't have a clue.

Great game of football and I'm gutted we didn't win but I think a draw was fair considering the **** ref, either team winning would have been unfair due to poor decision making from him. I pray the top 2 screw up now though, but doubt it.

I can't deal with the playoffs again :(

That is the worse ref I've ever seen. I said the same even when we where loosing, he just didn't have a clue.

Great game of football and I'm gutted we didn't win but I think a draw was fair considering the **** ref, either team winning would have been unfair due to poor decision making from him. I pray the top 2 screw up now though, but doubt it.

I can't deal with the playoffs again :(

I agree with this 100%

Stroud is a Luton fan apparently (though I've heard he saw a lot of Bournemouth as a kid)

Not saying there's anything dodgy going on but surely the Football League should have more common sense than to give him the game, even if he has no feeling either way to Bournemouth?

Stroud is a Luton fan apparently (though I've heard he saw a lot of Bournemouth as a kid)

Not saying there's anything dodgy going on but surely the Football League should have more common sense than to give him the game, even if he has no feeling either way to Bournemouth?

No wonder he hates us then :D

A nice 7-0 win on Saturday will probably see us up. Need to boost those Goal difference and Goals scored columns. :D

We've now scored the same amount of goals as you guys - so match/better your score on sat (we're away at Hartlepool) then beat you lot by 2 and we're up :D

If we win on Saturday vs Notts and either Bournemouth or Brentford fail to win then we're up. Only problem is that we're at home, and the others have games that they should win.

I think two draws from our last two games would be enough as well, but that would not make for a comfortable final day at all.

So seems like we've offered pro contracts to a few of our U18 players but we can't actually sign them until the transfer embargo is lifted. Surely signing up players from your own youth setup shouldn't come under embargo restrictions?

Rosler saying he's seen the replay of Craig's red card (no one os even sure what he went for, some are saying he hit Kitson others for swearing) and he say's it was never a red or a pen so we will appeal

He hit Kitson, he did it a few times before his sending off.

He hit Kitson, he did it a few times before his sending off.

But Kitson is a cheating git :D

Did you see it btw? Only I've not heard from anyone that saw it, but both Rosler and our owner have said they've seen the replay and Craig doesn't touch him - I've not seen it so can't really comment, but we are going to appeal it

Unless there are hundreds of examples, the point still stands. A handful of idiots, shouldn't reflect on the rest of us who love our football. This guy is clearly a child with some strange half naked underage girls on his profile so that shows his IQ level. Hopefully he gets a visit from the police, I assume you've reported it or someone has?

I tried finding it myself to see if I could screenshot it to report it, but sadly he's deleted it. :(

Yes I have - would look a bit of a dick if I complained about it on here but then didn't do anything about it.

To be fair - I know it doesn't represent the, by far, majority of Pompey fans and my line "best fans in world" was a silly sarcastic dig which was uncalled for

Archived