Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's 6 minutes minumum, if you're going to argue about the 6 minutes fair enough but don't argue because you don't understand how extra time works :D

You're also supposed to add on 30 seconds for a goal, yet he blew up straight after the goal, despite them celebrating for a full minute. So if we're gonna be specific about rules, he ****ed up any way you look at it.

Joke of a refereeing performance tbh. Suarez is a disgusting little rodent and Sturridge should have been off as well. Weren't that great but let's be fair we easily win that game if those two players get sent off. Only positive is we didn't lose and that doesn't feel like one at all.

It's 6 minutes minumum, if you're going to argue about the 6 minutes fair enough but don't argue because you don't understand how extra time works :D

But it is annoying to think it should never had been 6 mins, full time should of gone when Bertrand had the throw in really and worse of all the biting ***** scored at the end. Seriosuly quality player, football merits deserves to win PFA player of the year but is no role model and hope he don't win ****. Such an asshole.

So, I missed the game.

Anyone care to elaborate on the incidents for me and which Liverpool players shouldn't have been on the pitch?

Suarez and Sturridge should have been sent off, both combined to score the goal :D

You're also supposed to add on 30 seconds for a goal, yet he blew up straight after the goal, despite them celebrating for a full minute. So if we're gonna be specific about rules, he ****ed up any way you look at it.

Unless the referee has decided that the allotted time is up and is waiting for the end of the phase of play, plenty of games end with a goal as the last kick of the game for that reason.

And the sooner Rafa ****s off, the better. I mean, who the **** in the right ****ing mind would take Hazard off and bring ****ing Benayoun on whilst letting that ****ing ****** of a Spanish striker who can't control a single ****ing ball stay on the pitch for 90 ****ing minutes

But what did they do?!

Suarez BIT Ivanovic on the upper arm. Sunk his teeth in and held on a bit. Disgusting. Sturridge made a high, somewhat late, one footed challenge on Bertrand. Could have been a nasty injury easily. Borderline red. Probably red.

And the sooner Rafa ****s off, the better. I mean, who the **** in the right ****ing mind would take Hazard off and bring ****ing Benayoun on whilst letting that ****ing ****** of a Spanish striker who can't control a single ****ing ball stay on the pitch for 90 ****ing minutes

Now we know why Liverpool fans like him so much.

Wow referee. Just so inept. How Carragher, Suarez and Sturridge were on the field I will never know.
Thought I was the only one who thought Carragher should have been sent off. Was on a yellow and went up and shoved one of our players, cant remember who it was

The ref was absolutely ****ing terrible, ineptness only matched by Torres, and Rafa deciding to keep Torres on for the full game.

Just so, so fed up of football now, seems like the majority of games are decided by the officials rather than the players involved, am just going to try and forget about this season.

I feel your pain. Total asshole, Ba is not going to play any part on Thursday so there is no excuse why he could not have played. Should of been brought on for Torres. Wait ****in change that, he should have been starting anyway. Torres was **** yet kept on. Fukin **** manager.

Suarez BIT Ivanovic on the upper arm. Sunk his teeth in and held on a bit. Disgusting. Sturridge made a high, somewhat late, one footed challenge on Bertrand. Could have been a nasty injury easily. Borderline red. Probably red.

Oh, so not much then :D

Will need to see them before passing a proper comment, but Suarez should receive at least a 3 match ban for that I'd hope. He's done this at Ajax too unless I'm mistaken.

Does anyone remember if/how long Defoe was banned for when biting Mascherano? Seem to remember the old 'ref has seen it' line being used and him getting diddly squat.

Apart from the imaginary 7 minutes of injury time, not sure you can really blame the ref too much. He obviously didn't see the bite, it was off the ball so fair play, he Sturridge tackle would have been a harsh red, but should have been a yellow, though I din't see the Carragher shove.

I think the main reason we didn't win was the 4 2 3 0 formation. If instead of the bewildering Benayoun sub, that fat little **** had have brought off the spectator Torres and brought on Ba we might have had an outlet to stop it being wave after wave of Liverpool attack. If I had any respect for Benitez at all I might assume he had forgotten Torres was on the pitch as the reason he didn't substitute him.

Oh, so not much then :D

Will need to see them before passing a proper comment, but Suarez should receive at least a 3 match ban for that I'd hope. He's done this at Ajax too unless I'm mistaken.

Does anyone remember if/how long Defoe was banned for when biting Mascherano? Seem to remember the old 'ref has seen it' line being used and him getting diddly squat.

He got 7 matches for his bite in Ajax, should be atleast that

Said to my mate that at one point Benayoun would come on to make it a nice happy ****ing family reunion!

Forgetting the Suarez incident that game should and could have been won if Rafa had a ****ing clue! The sooner this season is over the better....

How lovely that Benitez takes the time to tell everyone what a lovely time he's had returning to Anfield instead of defending his team against the litany of appalling decisions which could cost us a Champions League spot.

He got 7 matches for his bite in Ajax, should be atleast that

Well, personally, my immediate reaction was a 5 match ban.

However, I haven't actually seen it yet and the FA can be a bit soft, so went with the 'at least 3'.

I can't think of any other incidents for precedence but the Defoe one, and like I said, I think he got away with it.

Today has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that Benitez has deserved every bit of criticism he's had since arriving at the Bridge. In addition to his insufferable arrogance, he's rested people in the Premier League to favour cup games (looking for some glory for himself, methinks), dropped our one natural defensive leader ( Terry's a **** as a human being, but brilliant captain), left our best midfielder on the bench and almost certainly miss taking our all-time goalscoring record (since the board won't give him a new contract now), and made substitutions of such staggering stupidity as today replacing Hazard with Benayoun. Loathsome man, can't wait for this season to be over even if it all goes as badly as it now looks.

Should be discussing the awful substitutions in here more than Suarez, leave that to the other thread. Honestly can't believe he brought Benny on and left Ba on the bench.
Agree with that 2nd part but it's not as if the substitutions changed the outcome of the game ffs. If the ref does his job, we see out the game comfortably and walk away with all 3 points.

So, as for the game as jmr said. substitution of Hazard completely illogical and robbed us of our best weapon, and how Torres got 90 minutes is completely beyond me. He's now got to play the Europa League game was well, there's just no sense at all in him having had 90 minutes there. God I can't wait for the FSW to leave, just hope we get CL before then,

Agree with that 2nd part but it's not as if the substitutions changed the outcome of the game ffs. If the ref does his job, we see out the game comfortably and walk away with all 3 points.

And if we've got players capable of holding the ball up front for us in the last few minutes then it doesn't matter how much added time they played. But no, we had Torres and ****ing Benayoun, so we cleared it and it just came straight back to us.

I really really want to be in the CL, more to spite Arsenal or Spurs fans than anything. Christ, what an awful season this has been, wish we'd just have like 5 years of the same manager and a bit of stability now.

he hasn't scored in the Premier League since December. his goals against Brentford and teams from the arsehole of Europe are not indicative of improved form, they're indicative of those teams being rubbish.

Not really referencing his goalscoring record, was more a reference to the fact from the point where he got the kick in the face he went though a few games of running a bit, playing somewhere near where he should be on the pitch and from time to time touched the ball without it bobbling aimlessly and generally to an opposition player. He almost looked like a professional footballer on occasion.

Archived