Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd predict: Ryzhikov; Kuzmin, Sharonov, Marcano, Ansaldi; Orbaiz, Natcho, Gokdeniz, Kasaev, Eremenko; Rondon.

Actual Rubin team:

Ryzhikov, Kuzmin, Navas, Marcano, Ansaldi; Orbaiz, Natcho, Eremenko, Karadeniz, Kasaev; Rondón.

Is there any explanation as to why they got a pen? Worst dive I've seen in a while and the ref absolutely bought it ffs :D

Routine stuff on the whole, shame that the players were - understandably - in a cruise control mindset after Moses scored and looked like just going through the motions really (similar to how Real got caught out against Gala).

Very weird game and it did really feel like we were just playing the game to get it over with. Did anyone else see this supposed argument between Luiz and Lampard?

Big week for us now with City Sunday, Fulham away Wednesday and then Liverpool away on Sunday.

• Administrators
Is there any explanation as to why they got a pen? Worst dive I've seen in a while and the ref absolutely bought it ffs :D

Think that's four bogus penalties given against us in Europe this season. Nordsjaelland, Steaua, and the two Rubin games.

• Administrators

I'm always interested by other perspectives on Loftus-Cheek. I think he's got the goods to be so good and he ALWAYS catches the eye but I think maybe because I've seen so much of him and know how he can influence games that I'm left wanting more most of the time. Not tonight though, he was good. Baker excellent as always.

Very impressive at times tonight. I felt there were periods where we controlled possession but struggled to create in the final third.

I like RLC a lot, feel he can take control of games and dictate play.

Might have to try and get down to the bridge for the return leg. It was good to see youth football on itv.

I'm always interested by other perspectives on Loftus-Cheek. I think he's got the goods to be so good and he ALWAYS catches the eye but I think maybe because I've seen so much of him and know how he can influence games that I'm left wanting more most of the time. Not tonight though, he was good. Baker excellent as always.

I did a report on him a little while ago and it said "should dominate more games instead of flirting with doing so".

So yeah, I could not agree any more.

Shame Norwich couldn't hang on but tbf Arsenal were very lucky to win from what read on the internet/Arsenal forum. Penalty was from a corner that should never have been given as well. That makes the Fulham away in midweek even more important.

Archived