Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

Lawro and Green were getting very angry with some of the decisions, all going against us.

It seemed that way to me too, but I wasn't sure if it was just my Arsenal bias.

But ultimately it was our defending in the first leg that knocked us out.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was an excellent performance. We screwed ourselves over at home. Ref was awful but as I said we lost because of the last leg

Definitely. Its not a real surprise that a good defensive performance comes from not having Vermaelen in the defence....or Sagna.

However, i'd be investigating Arteta for matchfixing....did everything possible to ensure we didn't get the 3rd goal.

Good display, unlucky for going out btu I would not get carried away and start the comments that same team should be kept etc. Not discrediting your win but Bayern were without their two best players. Bastian who dictates everything to their attack and Ribery would have been a much bigger danger if he was playing. Fact really. Top 4 race it is then.

Good display, unlucky for going out btu I would not get carried away and start the comments that same team should be kept etc. Not discrediting your win but Bayern were without their two best players. Bastian who dictates everything to their attack and Ribery would have been a much bigger danger if he was playing. Fact really. Top 4 race it is then.

And we were without Wilshere, who happens to be one of our best players.

Mertesacker and Koscielny do seem to have some good performances together. On paper I wouldnt of thought so but it seems to work.

Looking ahead, we soooo need a top top striker, no doubt about it!!

I know tonight was a different kind of game and we were disciplined and nicked some goals. But Arsenal cannot have such a toothless front three, no way!!!

And we were without Wilshere, who happens to be one of our best players.

Yes, accept that but with Wilshere in your team, would of help you however Bayern at their best with Ribery and Bastian would be too much IMO like we saw first leg. Unlucky though, but I stick to my comments. Tough game you got on Saturday.

Wow, missed the game tonight due to work commitments, just a shame the damage was done in the first leg. I will never ever support the away goals rule, it's just the most uneven rule in the history of football!

It makes sense when your team wins on it though...:D

Meh depends which Diaby turns out. Against Villa he was the normal mixture of the abysmal and the sublime. Happy to see Ox in mainly because it makes us more attacking. Rosicky's passing was quite poor in midweek and he is probably knackered.

Also to those who dislike Ramsey would you rather have him in there than Diaby?

Really impressed with Jenks now, he's improved so much. I feel more confident with him at RB than Sagna based on their recent performances. And I've always thought Fabianski was at least the safest hands out of all our options. Hope he has also eradicated the nervy mistakes from his game.

Fabianski has always had the talent but not necessarily the personality for it.

I've always seen Fabianski as almost carbon copy of Woj. I've said in here more than once I think Woj is overrated and I really think any difference between him and Fabianski is minimal. They're both good shot stoppers but neither have the mentality or consistency to be top class.

I've always seen Fabianski as almost carbon copy of Woj. I've said in here more than once I think Woj is overrated and I really think any difference between him and Fabianski is minimal. They're both good shot stoppers but neither have the mentality or consistency to be top class.

This is er a bit wrong. Woj has the mentality he is confident in a Lehmann way. Mistakes don't affect him hugely. He is commanding and has presence. He was a good shot stopper as well and can be excellent at that but his issue is he hasn't improved since breaking through. He isn't overrated he is just a young player suffering a bit like Ox has been.

Fabianski has always had the excellent shot stopping capability but he has never been commanding and he gets nervous. He was younger then though. His issue has been his inability to command his area.

Yeah, anyone claiming Ches doesn't have the mentality to be a top keeper clearly hasn't watched him at all. As for consistency, it comes with age with keepers, very few are consistent at that age.

He may very well not make it as a top class keeper, won't be because of his mentality though.

This is er a bit wrong. Woj has the mentality he is confident in a Lehmann way. Mistakes don't affect him hugely. He is commanding and has presence. He was a good shot stopper as well and can be excellent at that but his issue is he hasn't improved since breaking through. He isn't overrated he is just a young player suffering a bit like Ox has been.

Fabianski has always had the excellent shot stopping capability but he has never been commanding and he gets nervous. He was younger then though. His issue has been his inability to command his area.

Just because Woj shouts a lot doesn't necessarily make him commanding. You say mistakes don't affect him but he makes too many to start with imo. I think he's overrated by Arsenal fans, the media don't really focus on him that much.

I like goalkeepers with a bit of character like Szczesny, but consistency is definitely his problem.

Almunia was too quiet too, whereas Lehmann was always on a wind up.

lehmann.gif

Just because Woj shouts a lot doesn't necessarily make him commanding. You say mistakes don't affect him but he makes too many to start with imo. I think he's overrated by Arsenal fans, the media don't really focus on him that much.

He is commanding just watch him against Stoke etc. He is very good at coming getting the ball and getting his message across. Well of course that is why he has been dropped that doesn't really make him and fabianski similar. He is a young keeper with a lot of potential he has to fulfil it.

Arsenal should have signed a Schwarzer or Friedel type a couple of years ago and Woj should be making his mistakes on loan for a midtable Premier League team or in another league. It's probably too late for Woj to be getting his experience elsewhere though.

I remember how the media stated we were stupid not to get Schwarzer for £4m, a couple months later they were saying that it was a good decision not to because Szczesny looked the part. :rolleyes:

Media in reactionary bollocks shock :D

I personally think Schwarzer would have been a good signing for you at the time. It's alright saying in hindsight he had a bad season that year but who knows what might have happened if he was in an Arsenal shirt.

Archived