Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Allen and Borini :D
I take it they fall into the category of "average players liverpool payed way to much for"

--------------

if you combine the two mentioned brackets you have a summary of Liverpools transfer activities over the last couple of years

If that's true I hope there's a recall clause. If Dagger or Skrtel get crocked i wouldn't want to rely on Carragher to see out the rest of the season.
wasn't Wisdom and Kelly playing as CB a fair bit in youth/reserve teams?

Liverpool Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of striker Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea.

The 23-year-old becomes our first signing of the January transfer window after penning a long-term contract at Melwood today.

Afterwards he told Liverpoolfc.com of his joy at sealing the deal.

"I am humbled and happy to be here," said Sturridge.

"Brendan Rodgers said he sees me here for a long time - and I also see myself here for a long time. I've not signed here to play for a couple of years and then move on.

"I've signed to be here for as long as possible. It's a humongous club - for me, one of the biggest in the world - and to have the fans and world-class players we have here is amazing."

Sturridge began his professional career at Manchester City, where he finished top-scorer as City lifted the FA Youth Cup in 2008.

In 2009 he signed for Chelsea where he established himself as one of the best young forwards in the country, firing 24 times during his stay at Stamford Bridge.

His form at Chelsea led to full international recognition at the age of just 22.

Having scored 21 goals in 34 appearances for England at youth level, Fabio Capello handed him a senior bow in a friendly against Sweden in November 2011.

He has collected three more caps since and last summer scored twice for Great Britain at the Olympic Games.

Yeah, it's meant to be Kelly's natural position. But I don't think either would be ready to do it in the Prem.
I think Kelly would do just fine as 4th chose, my problem with the whole thing would be the question mark over his ability to stay healthy...he might not be there to plug any gaps when its needed

I'd be quite happy to see Coates go on loan even if we don't bring in anyone because he simply just needs to be playing.

There is actually a really good post somewhere on RAWK (shocking) about how SAF moved on players like O'Shea and Brown when they still had a lot to offer to bring through players like Evans/Smalling/Jones to give them game time, but we're still sticking on Carra ahead of Coates.

great news, where did this come from??!!

definitely an improvement to the squad and i hope he goes on to score a ******** of goals for us :thup: shame his debut wont be at home but maybe that will help settle him in.

dont stop there FSG, theres players out there that wont cost the earth and we still need more reinforcements.

im liking the rumours of late for the likes of villa, sniejder and gamiero, defo a step up in ability to past rumours. tho prob wont happen, aslong as we are pro-active in the transfer market then i'll be happy.

coates and cole out would be decent too. coates needs games and isnt ready for us yet and coles time here has been a bit of a disaster.

great news, where did this come from??!!

definitely an improvement to the squad and i hope he goes on to score a ******** of goals for us :thup: shame his debut wont be at home but maybe that will help settle him in.

away at mansfield could be very nice, rest Suarez maybe and get him up to and see what he can do (saying that can see Suarez playing the first 60mins of that). also BOrini might be on the bench, not sure

away at mansfield could be very nice, rest Suarez maybe and get him up to and see what he can do (saying that can see Suarez playing the first 60mins of that). also BOrini might be on the bench, not sure

im thinking its the perfect game to try suarez in the no 10 role that rodgers has said he wants to add to the team and give sturridge the striking role. not gonna happen every game but this is an ideal one to give it a go surely?!

Next few games is fairly tough from what I remember bar Mansfield so it won't be easy for him to settle in quickly.

If Sturridge can perform to his best. hard to say as he's not played much this season, Sturridge and Suarez up front could cause problems in the next thew games ;).

Next few games is fairly tough from what I remember bar Mansfield so it won't be easy for him to settle in quickly.

away at utd, where Suarez and Sturridge might quite like a go at that utd defence at the moment, then home at Norwich and before tough away games at Arsenal and City. But yeah, utd have conceded the same amount of goals as us this season, so could be a very interesting game.

Archived