Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some rumours emerging that Xabi Alonso may return. I think he is out of contract in the summer and still not signed a new deal, so it wouldn't be a massive surprise given how much he loves the club. Would take him back in a heartbeat as he is miles ahead of anything we have right now in terms of passing and vision.

Some rumours emerging that Xabi Alonso may return. I think he is out of contract in the summer and still not signed a new deal, so it wouldn't be a massive surprise given how much he loves the club. Would take him back in a heartbeat as he is miles ahead of anything we have right now in terms of passing and vision.

Rumours started last summer. Pretty certain Ballague has come out and said theres no chance. Not sure how much to rely on him though.

Can't we give back Sahin and have Xabi on loan instead? I'd probably cry with joy if it happened, but it won't. Don't get my hopes up! :mad:

I don't want to spoil it for you, so yeah, it will happen :brock:

Anyone else think Enrique's injury may see Downing at left back again, and therefore a possible run of games for Assaidi? Or will it be Suso who benefits instead, or Wisdom with Johnson at LB? Too many options, none very satisfactory :/

In other news, I've offered to drive Joe Cole to Loftus Road, anyone else want to come along for the journey - and to make sure he goes???

Does make you wonder how dreadfully lazy Sahin has been in training that he's not getting a look-in at all, and Henderson is preferred ahead of him. Glad it was only a loan deal.

Has Sahin not just returned to training lately after breaking his nose in the Europa Leagie?

breaking your nose have a recovery time of about a weak, pretty sure more time then that have passed by since EL

That was early December. He only returned to training around the 20th I believe.

breaking your nose have a recovery time of about a week, pretty sure more time then that have passed by since EL

You can't say that if you don't know the extent on the injury. He definitely had surgery on it, which makes me think it wasn't just a 'crack it back in to place' fix. The swelling could impede his vision, also.

You can't say that if you don't know the extent on the injury. He definitely had surgery on it, which makes me think it wasn't just a 'crack it back in to place' fix. The swelling could impede his vision, also.
what on earth are you on about here :lol: you need some very serious mistakes in the medical treatment for anything like that to happen

what on earth are you on about here :lol: you need some very serious mistakes in the medical treatment for anything like that to happen
Broken noses can lead to fluid entering the maximilla, ethmoid and frontal sinuses; leading to swelling and lots of pressure around the eyes. Not forgetting post surgery swelling (two black eyes!)

Thank you for your time.

He's been playing high up the pitch but still off the wing, off Delfonsou/Taylor Fletcher/Phillips, no?

Plays mostly on the right wing where he cuts in a lot, very left footed and could learn to use his right foot more but he's still effective.

ye, thought i'd ask in this font of knowledge of all things liverpool that i'd run it by you guys first. ;)

Well you know the knowledge of some of the people on here, and how they feel about certain things so you did best :p.

Reinas not been at his best or near it for same time but I'd be sad to see him go. Would love him to rediscover his form again.

If he hasn't picked up come the summer then it really is a position that needs looked at as I expect the whole performance of the team to move up a level or two for next season.

Archived