Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Yeah, I would have closed him down, by stepping out, and in doing so narrowed his shooting angles down slightly whilst applying a little pressure to him. It might not work, but at least it's doing something.

I thought this was basic goalkeeping knowledge? No manuals required.

Edit - Who cares when we're so **** anyway :(

Just looking at the replay, he could have come out tbf. But he still shouldn't attract blame, keepers have virtually no chance in that situation.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right well, the line up was clearly wrong from the start. As someone said before the game, Suso was never going to offer anything against a physical side like Stoke. Our centre halves were on the back foot from the first minute. I don't think Agger or Skrtel have won a header all game. Add to this baffling decisions by BR, first in taking off Lucas and then Downing and leaving on the absent Shelvey. Poor performances from Gerrard and Enrique, the only positives being Downing and Suarez imo. Reina has looked shaky again.

Off to bed now.

Right well, the line up was clearly wrong from the start. As someone said before the game, Suso was never going to offer anything against a physical side like Stoke. Our centre halves were on the back foot from the first minute. I don't think Agger or Skrtel have won a header all game. Add to this baffling decisions by BR, first in taking off Lucas and then Downing and leaving on the absent Shelvey. Poor performances from Gerrard and Enrique, the only positives being Downing and Suarez imo. Reina has looked shaky again.

Off to bed now.

Suso done ok when he had the space. You have to look at Shelvey, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Cole, Downing and probably some other crap I've missed off who've done nothing this game.

Quickly get found out at this level when not at the races. Stoke a physical side and you will always need to adapt when away to them, especially when they turn up like they did tonight. A plan B is something we no longer have.

Can't believe we allowed Jones to play the way he did, shocking how easily we allow a big man to dominate a game. Stoke a lot quicker to loose balls than us and our pressing was non existent tbh.

My only real disappointment is allowing a 1 goal lead slip so easily, we have done it before this season and no doubt will do it again. We gift so many teams goals. Need to get a foot on the ball and control it better, usually our passing is better but tonight it was woeful. Could go on and on but there really isn't much point, just mark it down as a poor day at the office and move on I think.

That was absolute cack.

Average team with an average manager - how the hell he can't get us to defend properly given the individual talents at his disposal is beyond me. Has he even done any work on defensive shape and keeping it tight at the back?

They just get found out too often, really think it was a game for Coates to come in to try and deal with the threat of Jones. It happens time and time again v a tall target man. 3 at the back and two wing backs might have been effective tonight.

The lack of a back up plan is our downfall. We pass it out from the back because we have no one who can hold the ball up up top. However, Stoke pressed us extremely well tonight and that unsettled us majorly, Little options and lack of moment in the middle with a side of mis placed passes mean't we never got going. A game Allen might have done well in tbh.

Gerrard got into the right position twice the whole game when we were attacking. 1st time Johnson played the ball through and he ran past it ( ball maybe not the best but he give up on it anyway) and the 2nd was with a decent shot at the edge of the box which resulted in a decent save and Cole being offside.

Really a position he should be getting into the whole game.

EDIT : missed one on the edge of the box after a nice lay off from Suso in the 1st.

WBA (a) 0-3

Aston Villa (h) 1-3

Stoke (h) 0-0

Newcastle (h) 1-1

Swansea (a) 0-0

Sunderland (a) 1-1

Stoke (a) 1-3

Point is too often we drop points against teams mid table or lower half of the table we dont even score many ok we only have 1 striker but why dont the midfield get in scoring positions? Liverpool only beat Reading and Southampton by a single goal at Anfield, we only raise our game when we play either Everton or a top 5 side. won 6 lost 6 28 goals scored in 19 games. Skrtel is our 3rd highest scorer with 2 goals. How many times we go forward and a player is isolated no support and nobody in the box where are the midfielders?

Archived