Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see at the end of the season, but if a team can't score, and can't defend then they're just not very good and results will show that.

Terrible from Agger, Skrtel slips, no cover from the fullback and Reina was like a rabbit in headlights, which is nothing new.

We'll see at the end of the season, but if a team can't score, and can't defend then they're just not very good and results will show that.

Terrible from Agger, Skrtel slips, no cover from the fullback and Reina was like a rabbit in headlights, which is nothing new.

You can't give Reina any stick for that ffs, no way.

You can't give Reina any stick for that ffs, no way.

I am, and I will. He could and should have done more.

This is going to be another 3-1 maybe.

We are awful. Absolutely awful and I don't understand what Gerrard is doing in the center of the park anymore because he quite clearly can't be arsed to defend.

Actually yeah, I have, and I was pretty good too (better than Pepe? I'd certainly hope so! ;)). I can tell you now, I would not have just stood there doing **** all.

So you'd have done this:

Like step out and put the guy off and not just stand there in no mans land, inviting him to bury it. Just do something ffs. It was just awful all round and everybody could have done more.

Straight out of the 'keepers manual. :)

If we had Suarez finding the space Jonjo has had tonight with a striker in front of me, we would have scored another at least.

Pretty poor half there from us, don't want to make excuses but Stoke pressing us really well. We have to play it short because we don't have another option. Game where Carroll would come in handy tbh. Ill be surprised if Suso comes out for the 2nd half. Swap Jonjo for Gerrard then stick on Henderson to for Jonjo.

So you'd have done this:

Straight out of the 'keepers manual. :)

Yeah, I would have closed him down, by stepping out, and in doing so narrowed his shooting angles down slightly whilst applying a little pressure to him. It might not work, but at least it's doing something.

I thought this was basic goalkeeping knowledge? No manuals required.

Edit - Who cares when we're so **** anyway :(

If we had Suarez finding the space Jonjo has had tonight with a striker in front of me, we would have scored another at least.

Pretty poor half there from us, don't want to make excuses but Stoke pressing us really well. We have to play it short because we don't have another option. Game where Carroll would come in handy tbh. Ill be surprised if Suso comes out for the 2nd half. Swap Jonjo for Gerrard then stick on Henderson to for Jonjo.

Agree with all of that.

Typical example of where we fall short attacking-wise was when Gerrard stepped forward, looking for an opening, and all that was on was Suarez with his back to goal. In parallel universe, Torres made a darting run and Stevie split the defence.

Archived