Group B - Denmark vs Portugal - 13/06/12 - 5pm

bomma

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost thought Portugal were gonna throw that one away like the Dutch did against Denmark. Amazing how clinical the Danes have been infront of goal while their opponents have both missed plenty of sitters. Interesting final round in this group. Dutch can lose today and still qualify if they beat Portugal (probably by 2) and Denmark lose to the Germans as expected.

Shocking player he is!

He can't defend. But that's not the worst. He's so uncomposed on the ball, always panikind and, even worse, after having dwelled on the ball, he usually passes to a teammate teo metres away who is obviously under pressure straight away. Destroys all calmness.

Oh, and he can never, ever, get a cross past the first defender.

Awful, awful player :(

This. Simon Poulsen was involved in all 3 Portugal goals (made himself as small as possible at the last goal).

Just one, one, of his crosses made it past the first defender. Oh dear :o

Can't believe we weren't buried earlier by Portugal. Once again we were outplayed.

Along with Simon Poulsen, particularly Rommedahl and Christian Eriksen had shockers. Again.

Agger MOM for us. Again.

Nice game. Thrilling.

Denmark were actually equally good as Portugal. Kjær and Agger were unlucky to concede, but they weren't world-class anyway. Rommedahl was disappointing again, and Krohn-Dehli and Eriksen weren't in their best. Mikkelsen did better as a substitute to expose Coentrão's weakness. Bendtner is great. Kerzhakov should learn from him.

Portugal were good enough, but I have no idea why Coentrão is a defender. He seemed to forget his duty completely today. I also don't understand why Pepe became the man of the match. He was average unlike world-class Alves. Meireles, Veloso, and Moutinho were good enough, but I still miss the creativity or control from the midfield. Nani was better than he was in the first match. This is great. Cristiano Ronaldo was unlucky not to deliver, but FINALLY, POSTIGA SCORED! Varela's price will rise to EUR 30M and go to the Premier League.

POSTIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

We were pathetic in the 2nd half.

I don't understand why Bento continues to insist in that midfield. Even Micael would be a better option than Meireles right now. Thankfully, Nani was in a good day.

And Ronaldo...lol Must already be thinking on his vacations with Irina.

I imagine if I were in Portugal manager's shoes I'd be livid with Ronaldo after this shambolic performance. Pathetic performance and an equally pathetic attitude from a supposedly second best player in the world. How he's considered a captain of the team is beyond me. He displays all the qualities that a captain should not have.

I imagine if I were in Portugal manager's shoes I'd be livid with Ronaldo after this shambolic performance. Pathetic performance and an equally pathetic attitude from a supposedly second best player in the world. How he's considered a captain of the team is beyond me. He displays all the qualities that a captain should not have.

Yeah, that should make Pepe captain instead! ;)

As for Ronaldo- I suppose Bento will hav a chat with him about tonight's performance coz he really wasn't very good. But no way that he'll take the captaincy from him, as he still is their best and most important player by a country mile

Yeah, that should make Pepe captain instead! ;)

As for Ronaldo- I suppose Bento will hav a chat with him about tonight's performance coz he really wasn't very good. But no way that he'll take the captaincy from him, as he still is their best and most important player by a country mile

You know, I'm not a fan of Pepe either and I can see you're joking about making him captain but in reality he would be a much better candidate than Ronaldo. He actually communicates with his teammates and tries to be a leader as opposed to Ronaldo who throws tantrums and whines because a pass was slightly miss-hit to him. He's nowhere near captaincy material.

I think benching him is warranted to be honest. He's been terrible for the national team most games. It's his high-profile that gives him immunity from the bench. He may be the best player by a country mile but so far that's only on paper, he is yet to actually bring that ability to influence Portugal's performances. Doing pointless flicks and stepovers that lead to nothing, or taking ridiculous shots form 30 or 40 yards out do not count. In only a select few instances I've seen where I can honestly say that yes, Ronaldo should be out there today. Like today's win, it could have been achieved just as well without him and his, at times, absolutely criminal decisions and wastefulness.

I think Denmark-Portugal is becoming a neo-classic in European football. It's always very interesting and spectacular games to watch.

Absolutely, this one was probably the peak of it tho given it was in a major tournament.

I have to say this was the game of the tournament so far. Okay so I had obvious personal investment in this and my judgement will be clouded by that (when Varela scored I don't think I've screamed as much at a goal for ages), but surely the most spectacular and drama-packed so far?

Absolutely, this one was probably the peak of it tho given it was in a major tournament.

I have to say this was the game of the tournament so far. Okay so I had obvious personal investment in this and my judgement will be clouded by that (when Varela scored I don't think I've screamed as much at a goal for ages), but surely the most spectacular and drama-packed so far?

Biased, I know, but our 3-2 win in Lisbon was the peak for me :) Two goals in injury time.

Archived