Joey barton "i'd Walk into the England squad"

FMtillidie

Joey's PR brain is, if not to Beckham-esque levels, pretty impressive when it comes to ability = media exposure. Not saying I don't man-love Beckham in a football kind of way, but Joey has squared it away very nicely. I even saw him on some politics programme on the BBC not so long ago.

Joey?? Bless him. :D

He's saying without his behavourial history/problems he could make it into the 23 man England Squad.

I'd certainly agree with him.

I'd share your opinion but then we would both be wrong.

He hasnt shown anything this season to say he should be considered over those involved. Let alone those who missed out.

I actually don't think he would.

If fit, there are at least 4 Right sided players who would get in ahead of him.

If fit &/or not retired there are at least 6 central midfielders who would get in ahead of him.

Thought you might pipe up, you hate him don't you :)

Thought you might pipe up, you hate him don't you :)

I hate him as person, yes.

But am looking at this objectively? He's a decent footballer, nothing more, nothing less. He's good enough to play at Premier league level for a decent club, but England International? Unless you have a raft of injuries even bigger than your current issues, he's simply not good enough.

Do you believe he should be in the 23?

I hate him as person, yes.

But am looking at this objectively? He's a decent footballer, nothing more, nothing less. He's good enough to play at Premier league level for a decent club, but England International? Unless you have a raft of injuries even bigger than your current issues, he's simply not good enough.

Do you believe he should be in the 23?

On form, no, on ability probably on standby.

So on ability alone standby, taking into account his overall record last season to impolode? still have him on standby?

I know what you mean, but say you were going to put Carroll up front, Barton had a great understanding with him and he does put in a good cross, great at set pieces, I think it's a good shout, but then again he would be a target for the opposition so he would be a gamble.

Absolutely and he knows bigging himself up will get him maximum anger/defence from various football corners. It's like that minger that wrote that article about how it's annoying being so fit

Are you talking about this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html Had to answer questions on it for my English homework :D

Barton is right. He would. The only issue he has is that his off-the-field antics are remembered more than his qualities are.

utter rubbish, Barton talks about players being selected on form then changes the goal posts for himself because on his form this season he wouldnt be considered. So he chanmges it to on ability he would get in, well if its ability on its own he would still be behind Carrick who wasnt called up, so i dare say he wouldnt be included AGAIN.

Barton has been rather average this season, he hasnt done much of note in a struggling side.

He is the kinda guy who moves goal posts to suit his own agenda. Because in a real world in real situations he is no where near the international set up and the fact is he hasnt been selected for 5 years now, and he hasnt been near the set up for nearly that length of time as well.

Are you talking about this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html Had to answer questions on it for my English homework :D

That's the one. The 2nd article she did where they had pictures of her looking even more of a minger including muffin top over the jeans made it clear it was just a troll

Archived