• Barry
    • Lampard
    • Parker
    • Gerrard
    • Carrick

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard has the least discipline of all of them. He is also the most talented player on the list. For him to work well he either has to learn to be disciplined or have a brilliant holding mid next to him, which England don't have.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he does retire from crappy England as well. But 3 days before a tournament and the England lot are discussing who is the worst midfielder. It's this exact thing why England fans deserve nothing.

Agreed, very typical of England fans. Really do hope France put 3 or 4 past them but got a horrible feeling Woy will get luck and get to the semis or something.

The amount of Gerrard votes are laughable. For me it is Parker quite comfortably then Barry.

You realise this is for a 4-4-2 right?

The two you've picked (plus Carrick) are those most suited to playing in a 2.

To be honest all five have played their best stuff recently in 4-5-1 variations. Voted for Gerrard though, because he's the only one who doesn't play best as a genuine central midfielder.

Carrick in a 4-4-2, he likes to play it simple and need two other central midfielders around him to aid his style of play, in a 4-4-2 he makes sloppy passes and isnt agile enough to get around more like central midfielders have to in a 4-4-2.

Carrick in a 4-4-2, he likes to play it simple and need two other central midfielders around him to aid his style of play, in a 4-4-2 he makes sloppy passes and isnt agile enough to get around more like central midfielders have to in a 4-4-2.

Have you actually watched ANY of Carrick this season!? Jeez, argue about whether he should have been called up or not but this is deluded given how well he has played in a 442 for United this season, he has been excellent. Unless this is alias of Razzler, very baffling!

Although I don't rate Parker all that much, it must be pretty telling that only one other person from 78 voters agrees with you?

With the way Woy will set up, Parker is perfect. He is fantastic at getting in blocks and helping to defend at the edge of the box (Liverpool away really springs to mind). But me and you both know Sandro>>>Parker at Spurs

edit- just happened to quote your post as it mentioned Parker.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he does retire from crappy England as well. But 3 days before a tournament and the England lot are discussing who is the worst midfielder. It's this exact thing why England fans deserve nothing.

Could always start a thread for the worst Liverpool player in the squad, would be a good battle ;)

On a serious note, things aren't very optimistic so I don't think it's the worst thing in the world that the thread has started. Started by a Liverpool fan funnily enough and CP (nothing against him), will always make a thread out of nothing.

don't know where you've got that opinion from, but it's wrong anyway.

He's consistently decent nothing more, lacks the pace of the premier league to be outstanding. He is a composed player on the ball, all I said is that he is more suited to a three man central midfield than a two man, never slated him once???

Out of the 5 he is the worst in a 4-4-2, the poll shows I'm not alone on this one either. And I didn't insinuate he "never" played well I made the comment of him making sloppy passes because the formation is generally more direct therefore this is the reason why I think he is the worst of the 5 in a 4-4-2 for this reason, if it was 4-5-1/4-3-3 then I would have said Gerrard.

Archived