Scotland Swapper Database for Fm 2008

Sommerville27

Hey, for those of you that wish to swap Scottish teams into different league setups, the following doenload allows you to do so:

http://files.filefront.com/The+Scotland+Swapper+Dataera...28152;/fileinfo.html

Extract from README:

This database was created from the 8.0.1 database.

This was achieved by swapping all the people, clubs, leagues, cities and awards from Scotland with those from Iceland

and then switching the names, information, kits etc. of the two nations.

As a result of this switch the following problems occur with the game:

- The unique IDs of Scotland and Iceland are now switched, so graphics will appear for the wrong nation.

to fix this:

go into the config files for the flags, logos and kits

change the unique Id for Scotland to: 774

change the unique Id for Iceland to: 793

- The Scottish and Icelandic leagues are now rendered useless, selecting them as it stands will cause the game

to crash.

- The records for Scotland and Iceland cannot be swapped and thus appear under the wrong nation. This only affects

items like top goalscorer, most apps, biggest defeats etc.

- The number of days spent in Iceland/Scotland is wrong for some players. This only affects players that have

signed new contracts while in the country as the game has preset values for before these dates. For example Marvin

Andrews has spent roughly 4000 days in Scotland but this now appears as being spent in Iceland. This cannot be undone,

however if you want a player to have the right amount of days spent in the country, set the start of their current

contract/date arrived at the club back the number of days from the start of 2007.

- Scotland are now in Icelands position in the Euro 2008 qualifiers and similarly, Iceland are in Scotlands position.

When editing:

I have left the Scottish teams in the original Scottish leagues set-up so that they are easier to find.

Since neither the Scottish or Icelandic leagues work, i recommend that when swapping the leagues, that you start by

swapping the three-letter-abbreviations, this should give you a working league platform to start from and allow you to check

how the game works.

Apologies if there are any mistakes in the database, if your having problems just ask on the thread on the Si forums that

this download was posted on.

Enjoy.

Hey, for those of you that wish to swap Scottish teams into different league setups, the following doenload allows you to do so:

http://files.filefront.com/The+Scotland+Swapper+Dataera...28152;/fileinfo.html

Extract from README:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

This database was created from the 8.0.1 database.

This was achieved by swapping all the people, clubs, leagues, cities and awards from Scotland with those from Iceland

and then switching the names, information, kits etc. of the two nations.

As a result of this switch the following problems occur with the game:

- The unique IDs of Scotland and Iceland are now switched, so graphics will appear for the wrong nation.

to fix this:

go into the config files for the flags, logos and kits

change the unique Id for Scotland to: 774

change the unique Id for Iceland to: 793

- The Scottish and Icelandic leagues are now rendered useless, selecting them as it stands will cause the game

to crash.

- The records for Scotland and Iceland cannot be swapped and thus appear under the wrong nation. This only affects

items like top goalscorer, most apps, biggest defeats etc.

- The number of days spent in Iceland/Scotland is wrong for some players. This only affects players that have

signed new contracts while in the country as the game has preset values for before these dates. For example Marvin

Andrews has spent roughly 4000 days in Scotland but this now appears as being spent in Iceland. This cannot be undone,

however if you want a player to have the right amount of days spent in the country, set the start of their current

contract/date arrived at the club back the number of days from the start of 2007.

- Scotland are now in Icelands position in the Euro 2008 qualifiers and similarly, Iceland are in Scotlands position.

When editing:

I have left the Scottish teams in the original Scottish leagues set-up so that they are easier to find.

Since neither the Scottish or Icelandic leagues work, i recommend that when swapping the leagues, that you start by

swapping the three-letter-abbreviations, this should give you a working league platform to start from and allow you to check

how the game works.

Apologies if there are any mistakes in the database, if your having problems just ask on the thread on the Si forums that

this download was posted on.

Enjoy.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

Ok theres a couple of other problems i ve enearthed while playing this:

firstly, i think this only applies to the current international management of Scotland and Iceland. In their non-playing histroy the have a 'club' called none, this means that it goes to the nation their at. However this goes to the wrong nation, in this database, to solve this just remove the none from their history.

The other problem is that all Scottish people in the game have a great knowledge of Serbia and Denmark. I think this is because i chose Iceland in the original swap of all the people clubs etc. This could be fixed by swapping with a UK nation instead i.e. Northern Ireland, however it would be very time consuming so i dont know if i ll be able to do it or not.

Archived