11	Arjen Robben		28	56	17	 Bayern München
16	Robin van Persie	28	64	26	 Arsenal FC
18	Luuk de Jong		21	7	1	 FC Twente
19	Luciano Narsingh	21	1	0	 sc Heerenveen

So far for the indtroduction, let's discuss Team Holland

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bouma has a very poor season, Willems (just turned 18 two months ago) got a starting spot over Bouma, plus ever since his huge injury he is struggling with his fitness, so no he is not decent but holds some experience (this will be his first major tournament) according to Bert....

• SI Staff
So what is the likely starting line up? Is VdV likely to start or come off the bench?

Right now I would say that Sneijder and Afellay will get the starting job. But VdV played ok aganist Slovakia - so it can still go many ways.

Nice title for this thread!

So, Klaas or RvP; Schaars, Bouma or Willems as LB?

I would say Willems and Klaas.

I'm agreeing with you on Klaas. Hoping that vdV and RvP will not be made the wingers, as it might get crowded in the center..

For the left-back position, given the choices I'd say Willems is the choise who does the least harm. Bouma is just too old and slow and Schaars is well Schaars and I have no confidence in him..

So what is the likely starting line up? Is VdV likely to start or come off the bench?
Looking forward to seeing Strootman, is he likely to start?
As it stands now, VdV will come off the bench and for Strootman, he had a not so good second half of the season, while Nigel de Jong had a good one, played a bit more, so, can't see strootman starting atm

• SI Staff
Nice title for this thread!

I'm agreeing with you on Klaas. Hoping that vdV and RvP will not be made the wingers, as it might get crowded in the center..

For the left-back position, given the choices I'd say Willems is the choise who does the least harm. Bouma is just too old and slow and Schaars is well Schaars and I have no confidence in him..

I have little confidence in any of then, but I'm more prone to going for Bouma because he does have a crapload of experience. If not him, then Willems - as for him at least it's his natural position. Schaars is clueless.

I want Huntelaar to play every international game, so that he can surpass Patrick Kluivert (It's no secret that I'm not a Kluivert-fan.)

But VdV nor RvP should be on the wings, they're not winger and will only clog up the centre indeed. We need Robben and preferably a good left winger but Van Marwijk didn't take any. Although you could try Robben on the left and put Narsingh on the right. But Afellay is an OK alternative, he's not great - but should do that trick. But please.. not Van der Vaart.

• SI Staff
Nah, VDV will start alongside MVB.

Doubtful. BVM generally picks 2 DMs - so Van Bommel with N. de Jong or Strootman.

VdV is defensively poor, and also out of form (fitness) - although he played well against Slovakia.

I want Huntelaar to play every international game, so that he can surpass Patrick Kluivert (It's no secret that I'm not a Kluivert-fan.)

agreed here, used to be fan, till his apperance in Holland Sport.

But VdV nor RvP should be on the wings, they're not winger and will only clog up the centre indeed. We need Robben and preferably a good left winger but Van Marwijk didn't take any. Although you could try Robben on the left and put Narsingh on the right. But Afellay is an OK alternative, he's not great - but should do that trick. But please.. not Van der Vaart.

yep, play Narsingh right and Robben left, then Robben has to outside instead of coming in and put in good crosses for Klaas, RvP at Sneijders spot, NdJ out and Afellay on his spot along side MvB.

Ah, will not happen.

I still ****ing hate Mark van Bommel. He's a whiny **** that will kick the living crap out of someone one second and then rolls around as if shot when barely touched, instantly screaming for a yellow card. Can't stand that type of player. If you want to be tough, be tough, don't go complaining when you get a taste of your own medicine.

van Bommel hate and DJ is not even involved? :o

As for The Netherlands- I see you guys as one of the main favourites. Despite the fact that I like your team, I won't be rooting for you as you're in group with Germany and Denmark. Although I'm sure you once agin will win over the Danes with ease :D

And rightly so. I seriously can't believe Bert didn't even try to let them play together. And Huntelaar must also feel like he is been fooled all this time, Bert probably knew all along he would choose Robin over Klaas.

I would put Robin on the left, Klaas as striker. It's like almost insane that a player who scores 48 goals in 47 matches needs to be on the bench. I think at any other nation team they would have been both in the starting eleven. But Bert is the coach, he makes his decisions, sometimes questionable decisions, but so be it.

If Robin plays another poor tournament and he is still the first choise, I would just thank for 'Oranje' if I was Klaas. If your not getting the confidence you deserve why bother about the national team? Better focus on your club. We have other players like De Jong, Dost and Wolfswinkel who are waiting to be back up behind vPersie.

Klaas to be very frustrated, I think he is the better finisher of the two, while RvP is the better footballer, but hey, we have enough footballers in our team (Sneijder, VdV, Afellay, Robben), we don't need an extra one footballer who should be scoring goals as the #9 (see WC2010, how many goals had RvP and Klaas, yes both has 1, while Klaas had much less minutes). plus I think the Danes and Germany are similar opponents to the ones Klaas faced in the Bundesliga, he did not do bad in the Bundesliga now did he.. [/rant @ Bert]

@Cedrik, I would do what MvB did (When MvB (ha ha, all those initials, but Van Basten thus) was in charge) as I was Klaas (after a poor tournament by RvP), say not playing for Bert anymore but willing for a new coach to see how that will go.

• SI Staff
Klaas to be very frustrated, I think he is the better finisher of the two, while RvP is the better footballer, but hey, we have enough footballers in our team (Sneijder, VdV, Afellay, Robben), we don't need an extra one footballer who should be scoring goals as the #9 (see WC2010, how many goals had RvP and Klaas, yes both has 1, while Klaas had much less minutes). plus I think the Danes and Germany are similar opponents to the ones Klaas faced in the Bundesliga, he did not do bad in the Bundesliga now did he.. [/rant @ Bert]

@Cedrik, I would do what MvB did (When MvB (ha ha, all those initials, but Van Basten thus) was in charge) as I was Klaas (after a poor tournament by RvP), say not playing for Bert anymore but willing for a new coach to see how that will go.

Yes, I expect Van Marwijk to leave shortly after the Euros - time for something new.

• SI Staff

Huntelaar is very disappointed: De Schalke-spits sprak het vermoeden

uit dat alles al vantevoren vaststond.

"The Schalke striker says that he thinks everything is already predetermined"

Well duh, of course Bert van Marwijk already had plans, thoughts and ideas beforehand - you silly bugger.

Huntelaar is very disappointed: De Schalke-spits sprak het vermoeden

uit dat alles al vantevoren vaststond.

"The Schalke striker says that he thinks everything is already predetermined"

Well duh, of course Bert van Marwijk already had plans, thoughts and ideas beforehand - you silly bugger.

ha ha, but I think Klaas ment the he really didn't get a fair chance..

Even worse...
Why? Shouldn't a player hope for an honest chance to win the starting spot, but rather accept that the head coach has a hard-on for certain players (cough v Bommel/ RvP). I'm not saying van Persie's club performances and level of skill don't merit his inclusion in the squad, but to be honest Huntelaar has proven himself the better striker for Holland in my ultimately irrelevant opinion.

• SI Staff
Why? Shouldn't a player hope for an honest chance to win the starting spot, but rather accept that the head coach has a hard-on for certain players (cough v Bommel/ RvP). I'm not saying van Persie's club performances and level of skill don't merit his inclusion in the squad, but to be honest Huntelaar has proven himself the better striker for Holland in my ultimately irrelevant opinion.

He's had chances already. I loathe players who go like that. Next to the training - There's been two proper international games. RvP scored a goal. Huntelaar hasn't.

Makes me think of crappy players that whinge.. ohhh I haven't been given a proper chance weh weh weh weh - well, you should have done better in training and the minutes you did get, you whinging douchebag.

Although I'd probably play both ;)

• SI Staff

It's only Northern Ireland, but you do have to win these games... 4-0 or more would be decent, gives just that slight little boost that you know some of the shots and balls fall the way you need them to :)

Feel for my NI side out there, simply miles off the standard of this Dutch top top quality side.

Would have been hard enough for our full strength NI side never mind a patched up one when you look at the side the dutch have out. Top top quality side. Do we expect a team full of players from the likes of Walsall etc to be able to go and compete with some of the best players in Europe if not the world?

Its not running his own down, its being realistic. We are being ritually humped and it could finish any score.

Archived