What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Because the skin is just a bunch of hyperlinks, I'd 100% like four skins per release. Black/White FM15 sidebar/FM14 topbar.

The UI this year was so difficult it became the first year I haven't brought FM, ever. Since the "fake players only" original. I'd like the new features mixed with the UI we've spent many years learning. By producing alternatives everyone is happy. At the very least a white topbar option would be amazing.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd really like to tell a player that I'm sending him out on loan for a work permit.

THIS!!!!

It's ridiculous that those who do not get a work permit get annoyed when you loan them out, they must fully know they don't have a work permit!

Hey

I often scout many players for a week, but for each player I get a notification saying that the scouting has been initialized or finished. Could you make it possible to have this shown in just a single message, just like you do, when you get a notification of players being removed from a short list? It would especially be nice, if you could choose how it should be presented for each short list. So e.g. using the current functionality (one notification for each player being scouted) on one short list, while this suggested functionality for another short list.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey there

I often have long short lists which gives a problem when I receive a notification about players, which will be removed from a specific short list. The problem is, that I have to choose each of those players independently and put them back on the short list. It would be nice if you could just choose all of them and do the same action (like you can in so many other situation/screens in FM).

Hey

It would be really nice, if you could add the following feature to the filtering options, when you search for players: I want to be able to filter based on players being present on a short list or not. E.g. if you could set up the filter like this, it would be great:

"Is"/"is not" present on "specific"/"any/all" short lists.

I would especially use this, when searching in the "Scouted" screen, so I quickly could identify players I don't have on any of my short lists.

Hey

Right now you can filter players based on their potential ability being greater than some number of stars. But it would be very nice to be able to do it the other way around, i.e. only finding players with potential being lower than some bound.

Why is it not possible to send scouts to trials matches within your scouting range. I'm with an English team and the invite to English trials is generated, but not for others. And one of the things that annoys me about the game is unable to select a specific match for scouts to go to.

A second thing I would like in addition to my above post.

Free kick takers, my main free kick taker is a Striker, great when it's a short range free kick with a chance to score, when it's further out, or out wide however and he has to cross it I'd prefer it to be another player, so he could potentially be on the receiving end of the cross.

Can we not have it split, Goalscoring freekicks and Crossing freekicks or something?

Adding more to my initial post:

A use for Managers wages, in Total Club Manager 2003 (one of my favourite ever football sims) you could put in a small code and then buy items for yourself, doesn't make much difference to yourself but actually gives you something else to think about and who doesn't want to live in a Caravan with a high powered sports car and a catamaran!

This is what i sugggested 2 years ago, about free kicks. And Paul said its good idea.. But still doesnt exist in FM.

Another press release type thing: Picking a national team and after having chosen my squad I get a message saying "X picked over in form Y". When 'Y' is a player who has joint nationality and has been picked n the under 21 team of the other nation and has said he does not want to play for my nation. Makes me look at it and think, well what can i do?

My example is a Venezuela-born defender playing in Italy and picked for the Italy U21 team. Yet he also has part nationality for Nicaragua, who I am managing. He's obviously not going to pick Nicaragua, especially if he's going through the youth team at Italy.

(This may be more of a complaint/bug report than an item I wish for, though in general I think some of the interaction stuff needs improvement.)

Transfer Value Graphs

To show how player value has changed over time. Something like what you can find on the transfermarkt forums. Starting from the game start date, it should show how a player's value has changed over time. Ever player (loaded up on the database) gets one, perhaps in the information? And maybe update the graph every two or three months.

Example (external link):

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/thiago-neves/marktwertverlauf/spieler/53262

Career History

In the career history tab, it would be cool if you could highlight several seasons, not just one, and get the overall stats for that player in the selected seasons (shown in the bottom box for overall stats).

AI Ambition

Clubs from the Middle East or the USA should go in for, every now and then, top young players (For instance Lucas Mendes at Al-Jazira, Imoh Ezekiel at Al-Arabi), aging elite players (Kaka at Orlando City, Lampard at New York City), or even well established players in their prime (Giovinco to Toronto, and to a lesser extent Muriqui at Al-Sadd or Thiago Neves at Al-Hilal).

AI Transfer Figures

I'll just give an example from my save to explain the problem here; Once Caldas, from Colombia, get a tycoon. They sign a wonderkid regen for £13million from Sao Paulo. However, as they're from Colombia, the value of this young player stays low, even though he warrants a higher and is developing into a great player. However because his value is now at £2.7million, Once Caldas are willing to accept £7million two seasons after signing him.

This is unrealistic and stupid.

The AI must be made aware of the fact it makes no sense to sell their great young player they payed loads for peanuts two seasons later when he's progressing well.

Alternatively, give all nations the same transfer values, so that a player's value IS NOT DETERMINED BY WHAT LEAGUE THEY'RE IN. I added Messi to an Egyptian team, Al-Ahly, on the editor, loaded up the game, and he was valued at less that £5million. Ridiculous.

These are some improvements that spring to my mind, and I think going forward the issues I have raised must be ironed out. Thank you.

Just finished my time with this year's release... sadly, only made it through 5 seasons on this iteration, and with real life time demands coming fast, won't get to see the final 15.3.x version which I'm sure will address a lot of issues.

The FM feature I'm dreaming about for FM16 is some sort of player decision interaction.

A way to view, review and interact with player decisions after they've been made on the pitch, and either address with tactics, PPIs, PPM instructions, or coaching.

Example:

A long ball is played over your last defender. You watch in horror as your keeper starts to come for it, then freezes, allowing the opposing striker to catch up to the ball and fire it home. "WHY DIDN'T HE COME FOR THE BALL!" you moan.

With the feature I'm seeing, you could mouseover or right click on your keeper and view the last 3-5 decisions he made. One of them being 'decided to stay back instead of coming for the ball'.

In the in-game screen, you could see/do a few things.

- Why was the decision made? "Because GK-D doesn't allow the keeper to come for the ball."

- What would cause the player to make a different decision? "Setting SK-D would make it more like he would have come for the ball. Setting SK-A would have made it extremely likely he would have come for the ball" - with the opportunity to click and change the role on the fly

- Flag for interaction. In this scenario you would come back later in the week as a real coach would, and ask the player why he didn't come for the ball. "Because a GK-D doesn't come for balls, silly" - or, if the right role was set but the GK has low aggression, "Because sorry, I like to stay at home in situations like that" - or, if it was a mistake "Because I made the wrong decision, sorry it won't happen again"

Cheers,

According to my search, somewhere in this 47 page thread that apparently started in the days of FM11 exists a posts that may or may not be relevant to asking the board to reduce debt.

I am this situation:

Club debt: 72M (£)

Salary budget: 15M excess, no purchases or salary hikes of any great note on the horizon.

Transfer Budget: 104M, no purchases needed this season, or probably the next.

So, I’d be perfectly happy for the board to uses 50M of my transfer budget to punch a hole in the debt, leaving me 65M to cover any hideous, unforeseen contingencies in terms of transfer funds and salaries.

Could I reiterate what was probably a previous request to put this request in the game, or if it’s already there, could someone tell me how it’s done?

Cheers

By that logic, if I spent my 105M transfer budget I’d be 176M in debt come the end of the season.

When a company provides a forecast for the year which includes:

A smallish excess of income over expenditure come the year-end

A contingency within this to spend 105M on transfers

A contingency within this to spend 15M on wages that you’re already spending

Then the contingencies should be covered within the forecast, otherwise it isn’t a forecast and it isn’t a legitimate budget to present to a budget holder.

There’s an fundamental concept in accountancy called”prudence”, where any potential future losses have to be recognised by way of accrual and any potential future as yet unrealised income is only recognised in the relevant period concerned if you’re very confident, and can demonstrate this, that you’ll get this income in.

Ergo, any budgeted spending (eg, a 105M transfer fund) but be catered for, unless you are forecasting that 105M to increase your loss, or you debt. So, either the 105M and 15M transfer/salary budget are factored into the forecast or the auditor/shareholders/taxman will have your guts.

Therefore, if, come the end of the season, I haven’t spent my 105M in should be available for other purposes.

The transfer budget is just a budget. It isn't spare money you have laying around. You're still in debt whether you spend it or not.

But by the board offering this budget, the board feel they have the required income over the coming season to cover it. Royal Flash is merely suggesting he reduce his available funds for transfers in order to reduce the club debt.

A sound idea if you ask me and this exists in real life. Arsenal, being the case in point. By Wenger never spending very much, the club used the available funds to reduce the club debt.

I agree, you can ask for the percentage fee for transfers to be increased, but not decreased.

For example, I can ask the board to increase the percentage of players sold to be added to the transfer funds.

Fast forward 40 years later, I have a superb team, and transfer fund of close to €1bn, yet I'm still listed as a club worth €500m and in 8th spot of the richest clubs in the world.

But I can't ask the board to reduce the percentage of transfer fees so that if I sell a player for €80m that the club get 90% and the transfer fund gets 10%.

Or I can't recommend to the board that the transfer fund is too high and that the money could be used to reduce club death, bringing my transfer budget back to €100m and making the game a tad more realistic.

But by the board offering this budget, the board feel they have the required income over the coming season to cover it. Royal Flash is merely suggesting he reduce his available funds for transfers in order to reduce the club debt.

A sound idea if you ask me and this exists in real life. Arsenal, being the case in point. By Wenger never spending very much, the club used the available funds to reduce the club debt.

Sure, but I'm not sure it's up to the manager to decide. Anyway, him being given that much would be seen as an investment. Buy better players and go into more debt short-term, but reap the rewards (or not) in the long term through prize money and TV deals.

Regardless of what I say though, it's in the wishlist thread now, so will be considered. :thup:

Sure, but I'm not sure it's up to the manager to decide.

Yes, I agree with you here - but an option to approach the board to request this would be a good addition. :thup:

A lot of this board request would depend on the owner. Mike Ashley would definitely approve, whereas a tycoon would probably not, for example.

9535da4a9ed325ffe09dbfafe2f6314d.png

Alright?!

But what kind of football do they play?

Quick passing game? Direct? Punting the ball up? Counter-attacks?

Who are the players to watch? Is their key player injured? Do they have quick or slow defenders?

How do they tend to build an attack? Any specific players they use for the build-up?

Things like these i can definitely find out myself as well.

They should, however, also be part of a scout report, with more stuff than just this mentioned.

In other words. I really wish for a more comprehensive report about the next opposition.

Or any team i've told my scouts to watch.

th ability to book like your travel plans and stuf and times for warm ups and stuff

I actually wouldn't mind this, though I may be interpreting it a bit differently- I would like to be able to schedule training camps/friendly tournaments/tours in specific countries as opposed to just scheduling a bunch of friendlies in one country. Maybe make it a board action or a board request?

I actually wouldn't mind this, though I may be interpreting it a bit differently- I would like to be able to schedule training camps/friendly tournaments/tours in specific countries as opposed to just scheduling a bunch of friendlies in one country. Maybe make it a board action or a board request?

yeah that would be good but would also be good to before matches like decide how long u do cetain warm ups and stuff and it all has an effect on stuff

I would like the following:

-national selection having a lot of higher influence to players of this nation

and clubs in general

-scout reports in a new sector, not in the backroom advice and not in the news

-stats holisticly exposed to incomplete collection in clubs

-inexistence and purposelessness, ungenuine pollution, like agent offers, from all

staff and players.

for:

– keeping track of work papers,

– keeping track of assignment due dates,

– remember to turn in assignments and work,

– remember to bring needed notes in the game,

– develop organizational skills.

- classification of mathematical explanations

Alright?!

Who are the players to watch? Is their key player injured? Do they have quick or slow defenders?

How do they tend to build an attack? Any specific players they use for the build-up?

They should, however, also be part of a scout report, with more stuff than just this mentioned.

In other words. I really wish for a more comprehensive report about the next opposition.

I second this suggestion. Make it so, SI!

--> More granular stats. Let me look at the average positions and suchlike in 15-minute increments. I'll buy FM16 if it has this feature. As it is the stats tab is nearly useless for diagnosing tactical changes. And the team stats are pointless because you can't pick your individual categories.

--> Better diagnostic tools. Why isn't Player X drawing interest? What database size is right for my configuration? Who are my players beefing with, and who do they like?

--> More transparency about what tactical roles actually do. What's the difference between a RPM and a DLPs with Roam From Position ticked? Why is the average position of my Anchorman higher up than the same player at Defensive Midfielder (defend)? It's actually a bit challenging to tell if some roles are even working.

--> More tactical flexibility. Why can a defensive midfielder swap positions with a striker, but a left-back can't swap with a left midfielder, or a DM can't drop into central defense for a bit? Why can I play a defensive forward or a defensive winger in midfield, but not a defensive player in between?

--> More animations that more accurately convey what's happening in the match engine. I don't want to see players standing idle because there isn't an animation for what's actually happening. I also don't ever, ever, ever want to see players clipping through other players. There's very little, I think, as frustrating as conceding a goal to a player who just clipped through two defenders. Did the defender make a mistake? Did the player uncork some crazy bit of skill? Was it a bug? I dunno! And this furthers complaints with nearly every ME issue. Dribblers are overpowered? Seems that way statistically, but it also creates an impression when a player actually clips through a defender. Defenders are bad? Maybe! They're apparently ghosts! Problems with goalkeepers? Maybe, or maybe it's just that the game only has like four shot animations, so sometimes weird stuff happens. Long shots are OP? Possibly, but it also seems, for me at least, like it's just long shots made with that twisting half-volley animation that go in.

--> Increased realism in the transfer market, especially involving young players. It's ridiculous that teams can ask more than the total value of the club for players - and no, it's not good enough to say "they're saying the player isn't for sale!" Financial stability is grossly overrated in Football Manager. Teams need to sell players to stay afloat, and that just doesn't happen in-game.

--> Better squadbuilding AI and

--> In concert with that, more balance in player types. It'll be much easier for the AI to construct balanced, functional squads if the player pool is balanced. One year into a save with Ajax, there are roughly 1.5 Strikers with >160 PA for every 1 CD. There are 3 AMRs for every 1 LB; 3.6 AMLs for every 1 RB. There are a bit more than 2 AMCs for every DM. Total, there are seven sweepers, zero of whom are regens. It's no surprise that the AI creates top-heavy squads - and no surprise that many tactics lean on quality attacking play - when it's much easier to find and acquire top-quality attackers than equivalent defenders.

--> Better balance in the match engine. To go along with a scaling back of the attacking bias in player valuation and creation, I'd like to see a scaling back of the attacking bias in the match engine. It's gotten better in FM15, but it's still an extremely attack-friendly edition. I'm writing this in a game against Real Madrid - 4-3 in the 64th minute, 5-3 in the time it took to write that comment about the score and now 6-3 in the time it took to write that one. Ronaldo has five goals. I can't do **** to stop him no matter what.

I'd like to see more of a fantasy-element to the game and there are two options in particular that I would like to see added, and both could be check boxes for on/off depending on user preference.

1) Historical Regens

Before

This is the list of regens created by a test save, running only the top leagues from England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Scotland and Spain

jt76ew.png

After

And these are the same regens, 'rebranded'

2j3jofm.png

I don't propose changing the current methods of regen creation, but if my save creates a -10 Brazilian ST regen, why can't he be Pele, or Ronaldo, or Romario? It seems like a relatively small workload for a tangible enhancement in gameplay. The number of Legends Databases that crop up year on year suggests there is a market demand for this (I just had a very quick look, and the first Legends database for FM14 I came upon in the steam workshop has over 10,000 subscribers), but currently all of these databases have the same limitations - they flood the game with world class players.

In my example above the players 'added' were due to be created anyway - the save requests 44 players of a pa of 170+ and that's what it gets, but the enhancement doesn't end there, there are thousands of ex-players who could be incorporated into the game as regens. I would favour an additional option of these regens being 'locked' to their original clubs, but I think the workload would increase to a point where this is unachievable.

2) A more fantastical transfer system

I'm struggling to convey what I mean, so I'll simply posit an example;

100% Setting - is the current in-game transfer dynamic

50% Setting - lowers the Club reputation required for players to be interested in transfer, transfer bids equal to player value are accepted etc.

(Currently Messi is basically locked to Barcelona, Cronaldo to Madrid etc - at "50% Setting" any club with a budget big enough to cover transfer fee, and a wage structure to accomodate the player could buy him)

25% Setting - lowers club rep required further, and also reduces player transfer costs and wage demands by half, effectively opening up the best players to all top level clubs

What I'm getting at is that sometimes I want to play as one of my favoured clubs, like Leeds or Nottm. Forest or Aberdeen and I don't want to spend 8 seasons working up to a point where maybe I can start to attract the worlds best talent. I love the hyper-realism that the SI team have injected into the game, and I generally favour long term saves which benefit most from this approach (FM07, I had 1 save game only, but it went to 2050), but it would be great if just on occasion I could fire up a game as Southampton or Swansea and in a transfer window or two get Fabregas loading the bullets for Alexis, Messi and Ronaldo (without having to sod about in the editor for hours...and hours...and hours...and hours before hand)

I'm not quite happy with how that second point is coming across, but I think it's clear what I mean. Maybe (!)

Editted cos' I can't spoiler properly.

I guess the second one can more or less be done with the In-Game Editor, and that seems like a decent example of what it's for.

Yeah, I'm really not happy with how I've expressed that at all, but I can't fathom how to explain it any better.

Perhaps you're right though, and it is an issue for editor usage rather than game enhancement.

I'm not sure about "new" but definitely a couple of tweaks that I hope are pretty easy to fix...

1 - please STOP AI teams putting loan players / agreed transfers into their reserve teams just before transfer/end of the loan and thus creating that unnecessary line of 0's for PSV Jong or Paris SG Reserves... really annoying

2 - If another club interviews you your club should be willing to consider offering you a contract as part of the talks to stay part - I am doing exceptionally well and with 1 year left I asked for a new contract. They offered me next to nothing as an increase and withdrew talks when I negotiated twice. Chelsea then offered me an interview which clicked in the club wanting to keep me... but nothing in there about wanting to open/reopen contract talks... feels like a gap to me

3 - Player prices seem too high; my team is doing excellent but I have squad players (playing maybe 20-25 league games) worth nearly £50m. Now I wouldn't accept less than that but I'm sure in truth they aren't worth more than £20-30m. Either prices should go down for the not absolute top (I have a couple of worldies rightly worth £40-60m) but the others who aren't playing every game/key players etc. should be worth less OR if a team does offer their listed price and I accept it (£50m for Kane, Redmond etc. you'd take!) then fans shouldn't think you could have got more because if they are expecting double etc that's unrealistic

4 - Please include club and entire career history summaries (same as season stats) on the overview screens

ease STOP AI teams putting loan players / agreed transfers into their reserve teams just before transfer/end of the loan and thus creating that unnecessary line of 0's for PSV Jong or Paris SG Reserves... really annoying

I agree with kevgaleuk that this is annoying.

Selecting a club for promotion from non-manageable lower division

I think it would be great if the game had more teams to choose from when selecting a club to manage. If more divisions are not going to be added, the expansion of manageable clubs could be achieved by making it possible to select a club from the league below the lowest active division and then have it automatically promote when the season changes. You could select a club from for example the German Regionalliga, Spanish Tercera or Italian Serie D, and when the season changes the club would be promoted and you appointed the manager. This way it would be possible to manage clubs that otherwise have little chance of promotion to a playable division.

More randomness to promotion to the lowest manageable divisions

On a general note in my opinion there is too little randomness in the promotion "lottery" that chooses which clubs will be promoted to the lowest manageable divisions. Clubs with low reputation often have practically no chance of promotion, even though IRL that is not true - there are many real life examples of small clubs advancing to a higher level. I think that either reputations of clubs in leagues that feed the lowest playable divisions should be much closer to each other, or the promotion process it self ought to be more random.

SI tends to steer well clear of anything that's shady. You also don't have players getting arrested, getting injured in off-field incidents, going into rehab, getting involved in scandals that play out in the media... I mean, this is a game where John Terry, who's a racist who got a teammate's girlfriend pregnant, and Ashley Cole, who shot an intern with a pellet gun, have high Professionalism. And within the confines of the game world, where the worst that ever happens is a player skipping training or complaining about playing time to the media, that's perfectly reasonable.

Just thought i'd throw this one out there as it's a bit baffling really...

Basically, I feel that when a club with debt reaches a certain point where it has money just sitting there, debts should be paid off early rather than just having the money.

My current club will have over £500mil in the bank come the start of the season and has around £300mil worth of debt left to pay off, yet the owner won't pay the debt off even though there is no way i could and should spend £500mil.

In my opinion the owner should pay off the debt and then reduce the transfer and wage budgets accordingly to what is left over.

Part of what makes a debt are the terms and conditions under which it is repaid. For the banks it is a business opportunity. If they risk giving £Xm they will do so over a certain amount of time and accrue all that lovely interest. Risk and reward. So they won't just accept it being paid off early in one go. Though this can happen IRL there are early repayment fees or some such that may be stipulated in the Ts and Cs.

It is unfortunate that you cannot send scouts to a fixture of choice.

I would love to send my scouts to England U19 games, to allow them to spot some foreign talent that they cannot otherwise see due to scouting restrictions.

On fixture pages you can click the 'v' and change it to 'Attend'. You should be able to click it twice and change to 'Scout'.

Part of what makes a debt are the terms and conditions under which it is repaid. For the banks it is a business opportunity. If they risk giving £Xm they will do so over a certain amount of time and accrue all that lovely interest. Risk and reward. So they won't just accept it being paid off early in one go. Though this can happen IRL there are early repayment fees or some such that may be stipulated in the Ts and Cs.

Actually, early repayment charges are few and far between in business loans these days.

It'd be great if, by a certain, random, date, all pitches in the Welsh Premier League become 3G so games aren't constantly called off or pitches aren't in poor condition, as they'll all be 3G sooner rather than later due to FAW/UEFA grants that are already coming into play this season. http://www.faw.org.uk/news/FOUR-ADDITIONAL-CLUBS-TO-BENEFIT-FROM-and39;FAW-PROJECT-3Gand39;/99068/

Alright?!

Yes, the report must be more comprehensive depending on ability of the scout (great scout provided more complete and accurate scout report)

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829878

This preview on whoscored.com can be an inspiration.

The scout can give the opponent characteristic, their strength and weaknesses. So the manager can adjust their tactics

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829878

This preview on whoscored.com can be an inspiration.

Never thought of this, but this is an excellent idea! If whoscored can create these summaries and predictions from real teams, it should be fairly simple to create this for computer generated teams who are, all in all, completely based on numbers and figures.

Archived