What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I am still relatively new to the game, so it may already be in and I have missed it. But if possible, on the training development page could there be an option to select all attributes? Currently I only see ways to filter by the various groupings, Tactics, Attacking etc. Or you go through and click them all in the pane.

I just want a quick way to be able to tell if my players are making any significant improvements as a whole.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Years of experience I've always wanted this: Adding personality to referees. You see, sometimes refs are more patient, allows you to play hard, while others are short-tempered, they don't let you to gain control over the refs.

I know that some refs are soft/hard and you can predict them from the number of cards they give, what I'm asking is basially to make referees more human-like. You may get in the scout reports how they are like as an addition.

Of course this would take a new team instruction which allows you to gain control over the refs. It'll still be in your lots, the refs won't allow you to take control and you would end up being 10 men behind, etc.

Also it'll increase your chance of winning at home if your stadium is big enough, or your fans are crazy, booing the ref all the time, destroy his confidence. (Then you could say in the press confidence, "OMG, Fans were crazy today, we couldn't have done it without them :D )

I know that it may be difficult to make this change but it happens all the time in real life, why not in FM?

A true scenario game mode and editor, so much possibilites entirelly wasted I still think. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/392550-Scenario-Game-Mode

Additionally, a prediction option, the ability to pick two sides from the game's main menu and let them have a go at each other to predict an outcome (probably of a real match just taking place in real football, or a fantasy match-up that just wouldn't happen in real footie). It's just a fun thing, but fun nonetheless -- and likely not much in terms of coding. Additionally lots of gaming sites and occasionally mainstream media predict matches via FIFA Soccer that whilst looking fantastic is in many many ways far more removed from real football than FM's match simulation. Making this easier to do in FM, if well done this could be additionally a source of free PR, in countries in which FM is popular anyway.

Years of experience I've always wanted this: Adding personality to referees. You see, sometimes refs are more patient, allows you to play hard, while others are short-tempered, they don't let you to gain control over the refs.

I know that some refs are soft/hard and you can predict them from the number of cards they give, what I'm asking is basially to make referees more human-like. You may get in the scout reports how they are like as an addition.

Of course this would take a new team instruction which allows you to gain control over the refs. It'll still be in your lots, the refs won't allow you to take control and you would end up being 10 men behind, etc.

Also it'll increase your chance of winning at home if your stadium is big enough, or your fans are crazy, booing the ref all the time, destroy his confidence. (Then you could say in the press confidence, "OMG, Fans were crazy today, we couldn't have done it without them :D )

I know that it may be difficult to make this change but it happens all the time in real life, why not in FM?

Given that referees have editor attributes for "running line", "important matches", "allowing flow", "time keeping", etc. - and indeed "pressure", some of that likely is already in the game. There's a lot of suble stuff you'll barley notice. As for referees, for instance, recently Miles said in an interview:

One of my favourite little things is that referees will only officiate lower league games regionally. A referee from Southampton won’t travel to Carlisle for a non-league game

I bet there's a ton of stuff in the game that whilst crazily detailed, you can miss completely if you don't stop every once in a while to smell the roses, so to speak and instead focus entirelly on your own doings. CM/FM has always aimed to first and foremost simulate a comprehensive footballing world, with AI managers, journalists, players, etc. interacting with each other just in the same way as you interact with them.

We're that good we knew what you would want before you did. :D

The only thing I would say Alex is that the system/timing of what happens when still seems wrong.

It's brilliant that the end of season delay is there, but that it is sort of included as an add-on at the end still seems wrong. It would be better if this was somehow incorporated to the earlier discussions. They ask you would you be able deal with the wages and the budget and ask you about playing styles, but at no point do they ask you when you would be able to start......

It just seems wrong. In the real World there would be a discussion then. It wouldn't be a case of "We would like to offer you the job". "oh sorry, didn't I mention that I am not available for another 6 months?"

"It's good, but it's not Carling" as the ad goes.

It also allows a club to better focus on what type of manager it wants at the outset. Is it in a relegation fight? In which case delaying is never going to be an issue? This needs to be discussed earlier.

Ability to have a 'second XI' line up saved, or assistant to select those needin development, for league cup games or low priority matches. Becomes a bit tiresome changing the starting line up player by player to put all the youngsters in to give them some experience.

Hell yes please!!! This would be awesome if you could save several line ups for different formations etc... I don't think you're able to do that now. Would be brilliant!

If you do a bad job at a club, you deserve to get sacked, and even if they have to pay you a compensation, you still can't use it. and there for it's pointless to get the salary

Doesn't the compo add to your total earning's?Their does need to be rewards or something that encourages Managers to earn the best wage they can at the moment the game makes earning the lowest wage possible beneficial in terms of your Club's finances rather than your own.

Can you imagine Harry Redknapp saying ''don't pay me £50,000 a Week give me £300 as I would like the difference to be invested into the playing squad.

We get a news item telling us that players were removed from the shortlist, which is handy. I'd like to be able to select multiple players to add back to the shortlist. At the moment I can select only 1 at a time and it is a frustrating job!

id like to see

better scouting systems, the 5 star system gives very limited feedback on players making it hard to gauge how they will do, more thorough reports on players overall potential and current ability as well as style of play

bigger range of stadiums, and more realism to the real life stadiums, don't have to be identical but having away fans in different areas of the grounds, different amounts of away fans, areas where fans are stood up singing etc, make the stadiums more unique to the clubs, championship seasons would be so much more interesting if the stadiums were slightly differet from club to club once in a while!

more players that suddenly turn good like in real life, plenty of players are let go in real life and go on to be great for other teams as a surprise package, this could tie in with the scouting

Slow down the game enough after a Goal so I get a chance to alter my tactics before the restart.the most important time to do so.Also allow proper shout's like ''concentrate'' ''Man on''''Number 10's a Knob head''or something.

Press your spacebar.

We get a news item telling us that players were removed from the shortlist, which is handy. I'd like to be able to select multiple players to add back to the shortlist. At the moment I can select only 1 at a time and it is a frustrating job!

I second this. Not just here, but anytime we are given a list, we should be able to multi select.

I second this. Not just here, but anytime we are given a list, we should be able to multi select.

You already can.

Hold [sHIFT] and click the top & bottom of the players you want to multi select.

Hold [ALT] and click random players in the list to multi select.

You can also choose "Full Rotation" or something like that via the selection tree. You can also set up custom selection criteria, based on fitness and age for instance.

I wonder why there are so few attributes we can focus on for goalkeepers. It seems odd, for instance, to not be able to focus their training on Aerial Ability. The only way is to select one of the two GK roles.

I'd actually like more categories in general, that trains a few attributes, but short of whole roles with ~10 attributes. Right now there is Quickness, and I'd like more things like that. For keepers there could be handling and aerial ability in one 'category' for instance (I see both are included under "GK - Handling", but this cannot be selected as a Focus.

Some other suggestions might be

* marking, tackling

* dribbling, first touch or first touch, technique

* concentration, composure (this is a bit more odd, perhaps, but you can also focus on stuff like this via that funky training method they have in Dortmund)

* jumping reach, heading

* free-kick taking, finishing

* flair, creativity

There can be more than two per category as well, but I've stuck to two here.

The downside is perhaps that SI don't want to increase the focus to such a degree, as it makes it a bit easier to sculpt the players like you want them. However, I think it would be beneficial with a step in between just a single-attribute focus, and a full-on role focus.

never knew all that, blinding stuff. Thanks.

Other point about stadium/fanbase development still stands though! :)

You can also choose "Full Rotation" or something like that via the selection tree. You can also set up custom selection criteria, based on fitness and age for instance.

I'd really love to see more done with the custom selection criteria. The current fitness choices are either too strict or too permissive for my liking. It seems to be either tell the assistant to only pick players at 100% condition or tell him to pick anyone who might be in good enough shape to get through half the game. I'd like to see players be able to make their own rules. For me, it would be "Condition is at least 95%." The key is the player being able to change the percentage to whatever is desired.

I'd also love the ability to set a preference order for each position in the formation. It could be a simple list of three choices in the order they should be picked if the global conditions are met. This would help stop the sometimes bizarre choices that get made with quick pick.

While I'm dreaming, it would also be quite nice to be able to make different rules for the substitutes. I'd love:

-Is not injured, i.e., quit picking players who haven't resumed full training

-Is match fit

-Pick a group that provides coverage for the most positions on the field without regard for ability

That would make quick pick a lot more useful and actually make it quick after the player sets up the conditions. As it is now, I seem to just click it out of old habit, but I probably spend as much time changing the selections as I would spend if I had just picked the lineup myself from the start.

I would like an enhanced versus mode with more options.

The ability to choose the venue of the versus matches.

The ability to choose the number of games each head to head league team plays instead of the default 5.

The ability to pick national teams in versus matches.

It would be good if there is option which language does my manager speak.

It would also be nice to return option of not showing players and staff pictures (not just the regens), this was excellent option in earlier versions.

- Value/Reputation/Interest influenced by the form of the player (also in short-terms), not at all by his PA! Is so UNREALISTIC!

In real, when a player show ONLY 3-4 great performances, he get a great boost in VALUE and INTEREST from other teams.

Maybe a player noone was following before, a semi-unknown player, but few good performance raised up his value and reputation.

In real life NO TEAM/SCOUTS can judge a player potential without see him play!

The interest of teams become real when they discover good game matches by the player (even in youth teams).

This must be the only thing influencing the market and all reputations/value changes.

And yeah, we need to split up the 3 potentials: Mental, Technical, Physical

This suggestion would, I think, help many of us who struggle, for various reasons, with the tactical demands of the game and would make the game more appealing to the casual player.

Essentially, it involves being able to delegate more tactical choices to your AM, or a coach of your choice.

A way this could be done which I think would be realistic, would be via the conversation you have with your AM when you start a job.

The effectiveness at which this was done would be based on the strengths, weaknesses and overall ability of the AM.

A sample conversation could be as follows.

AM: Would you like any help with tactics?

Human: Yes

AM: Do you have a philosophy in mind you'd like your team to follow?

Human: Yes, I want us to play in a very fluid style

AM: Would you like to play an attacking style of football, defensive, or somewhere inbetween?

Human: I'd like us to play a counter-attacking style

AM: Would you like me to select a formation based on the player's strengths and weaknesses?

AM: Would you like me to select specific roles and duties for each team in the formation?

AM: Would you like me to set individual player instructions that would help get the best out of our players?

AM: Would you like me to implement OIs?

Human: No

AM: Would you like me to tweak tactics during the match itself (minor e.g. just using shouts and changing player / OI instructions)

As aforementioned, this is just a sample conversation.

It would be particularly good for FMC.

There is an argument to say that the human should still set philosophy, mentality, but the AM could then deal with the following finer details.

I think it would be especially appropriate for FMC. That said I think consideration should be given for the full-fat version as well.

I know the obvious criticism is that, if this is "Football Manager", then surely you're taking away the management aspect?

I recognise that but disagree. Much modern management now is about setting an overall vision, bringing in the people you want to implement that vision, then delegating responsibility to allow them to implement your vision - then judging them by that ability (in the meantime, you yourself are also judged of course). A less hands-on approach - this is "management".

I do wonder to what extent managers delegate certain responsibilities on a game-to-game basis, or overall? I suspect SAF delegated a lot to Quieroz when he was at the club. Also, SAF used to sit in the stand and chew his gum while his AM prowled the touchline, barking instructions and managing the game.

At present, I actually think FM is now increasingly close to "Football Coach" because of the demands at handling the tactical minutae. Whether the player wants to do this or not should be an option.

It would be good if there is option which language does my manager speak.

It would also be nice to return option of not showing players and staff pictures (not just the regens), this was excellent option in earlier versions.

Even though it doesn't appear too be it is more difficult to get points across in team talks if the Manager doesn't speak the language.

You do get the option of 2nd nationality to give you extra languages or spending time abroad to learn foreign languages.

- Value/Reputation/Interest influenced by the form of the player (also in short-terms), not at all by his PA! Is so UNREALISTIC!

In real, when a player show ONLY 3-4 great performances, he get a great boost in VALUE and INTEREST from other teams.

Maybe a player noone was following before, a semi-unknown player, but few good performance raised up his value and reputation.

In real life NO TEAM/SCOUTS can judge a player potential without see him play!

The interest of teams become real when they discover good game matches by the player (even in youth teams).

This must be the only thing influencing the market and all reputations/value changes.

And yeah, we need to split up the 3 potentials: Mental, Technical, Physical

agreed so much

These are just tiny things, but anyhow...

Just got the youth batch in, and wanted to easily check who of my current youths will be moved up next season. But I can't see a way to add Date of Birth to a View - although there is place of birth, region of birth, nation of birth. Could that be added, please?

Would also be excellent if we could get the star ratings in a view from our best coach, as my assman isn't quite up to the task (this is why I always go looking for assmen with excellent jpa and jpp attributes). I know we can change the coach under the player's report, but not for the main screen views.

Could you please try to come up with better names for the rating of training facilities and such? Great, Excellent, Top, Superb are more or less synonyms, and it's hard/impossible to know what is what.

Add injuries to the conditions for search. I'm trying to find a goalie for the future. Every time I think I've found one, I find out he's a had 10+ injuries in the last 3 years.

It would make it much easier to search if I could rule out any player who had add over 3 or 4 injuries in the past 5 years.

Would be nice if the colours crashing was a bit better as well. This is a bit confusing:

Colours_crash.jpg

Thankfully this only happens on my game with this team (Leverkusen), but games versus them are tough. "Do we have the ball? Break, there is a great chance on! Oh. 0-1. Crap."

When I give my Chief Scout the staff responsibility of "Sets assignments for the scouting team", I would like to be able to say:

Let ALL other Scouts scout every one you find but ONLY give me reports on:

Only those under 21 years old

AND tell me about people 4.0 stars and over

AND natural fitness is greater than 9

AND is any country in Europe

THEN keep repeating the same task until further notice

i.e. DO NOT waste time on people I will not sign!!!!

If I want to know about some £50 million superstar, I can search for them myself thanks.

PS: I do NOT want to look at each scouts "View Results", I just one centralised place to get the list from all scouts

When you tick the boxes under coaches in the training section, the mouse marker is exactly over the star rating, making it difficult to read the star rating without having to move the mouse first.

Just flip it around, so the star rating is above the box you tick - problem solved. :)

When you tick the boxes under coaches in the training section, the mouse marker is exactly over the star rating, making it difficult to read the star rating without having to move the mouse first.

Just flip it around, so the star rating is above the box you tick - problem solved. :)

This has actually irked me too. It's a bit annoying when you're trying to see how good the coach is at different things.

I'd prefer the actual rating somewhere in the coach profile though. It's all guesswork until you actually sign them.

I'd really like to see a few fairly minor extensions:

1. Ability to change duration of time a player is shortlisted without having to unshortlist and reshortlist (or wait for shortlist to end and add them again then). This process involves too many extra clicks.

2. Extension of the ability to delay matches for call-ups to apply to U21's or U19's: I have 22 players on youth teams in my current league and I get completely boned when all my players and all my backups are in international duty (including 8 key players) and I can't reschedule. Ideally I'd like to have this feature be configurable in the offline editor with settings to enable/disable for each level of international duty.

3. Report Star Upgrades -> Currently stars are based on team strength at time of report, if you're constantly signing the best available players as you improve in lower leagues they can get badly out of date and you've got a bunch of old 5 star reports that are players you'd no longer consider. It would be great if the reports could be dynamically adjusted to current team strength or if they were based on some static strength. I basically have to solve this by frequently cancelling scouting trips and starting new ones which doesn't feel like a good approach.

4. Proper editing of Uniforms -> Updating Kits in Editor doesn't fully translate to game and can result in horrid uniforms. If you want to create your own rebranded lower league side, it's quite difficult to avoid a horrid clashing experience where uniforms have pieces from all sorts of different colour schemes.

5. Injuries Off as default in game option at start of game -> This is one of the first custom hacks I build every single year I play. Injuries slow down the game as the AI makes decisions about rebalancing their team and potentially making signings to improve depth, etc and players are much better able to handle an injury flexibly than the AI is. Should at least be an option for people as it is in most sports games => I find injuries make the game easier for human players as the AI will play the same tactic with a bad backup in the position of a quality player whereas a human would adjust to not playing 2 strikers if they have awful talent depth and a starter is injured (humans can also go out and sign someone far easier).

6. Overlapping Match reports -> Ability to send a scout to watch an entire team for one game was really nice when scouting in various levels of leagues in terms of identifying the opposing teams so you can make better decisions on how to handle opponents.

Mostly these are small improvements rather than major features.

Then in terms of big features:

1. Ability to set play styles for positions in Youth Academy -> Can lean incoming prospects Current Stats to be biased towards certain roles rather than random -> Want a feature that expands youth academy options and helps you gear your prospects to your teams style without all the database overload of adding all players age 7-14 to the database and cutting a bunch of them by 9,10,11, or 12.

Apart from work on the ME I feel there is one major feature that needs to be present.

A ''Praise players accordingly'' and ''Scold players accordingly button''

There is nothing more mind numbing than going through that match report screen, right clicking players over 7.3 and praising them for passing well or scoring game after game after game. Not doing so quite simply puts you at a disadvantage in the morale game. The current mechanics of it amount to a cow clicker minigame and is incredibly boring. Its the only reason FMC has any appeal to me, but losing *all* the other features is simply too much.

Please rethink the way it currently is.

Would be nice if the colours crashing was a bit better as well. This is a bit confusing:

Colours_crash.jpg

Thankfully this only happens on my game with this team (Leverkusen), but games versus them are tough. "Do we have the ball? Break, there is a great chance on! Oh. 0-1. Crap."

I keep posting this, it's one of the most important things they could do, as the game is not recognising clashes well enough. In some cases, it's laughable- I just played a cup game of Ross County (navy blue / navy blue / navy blue) against my Berwick side (royal blue / white / royal blue). We have two other kits- our amber and black home strip, and an all-white third strip. Ok, I can maybe see the black shorts of the home strip maybe clashing with the navy shorts (although not to the extent of two teams with blue shirts), but why on earth would we not wear all-white?

Please, just let us choose which of our kits is worn before each game starts.

Kit clashes (and non-clashes) need looking at. Everton v Liverpool IRL is always blue v red, yet in my game Liverpool always change to their 3rd kit when playing at Goodison for no apparent reason.

For compensation payments to count against Wage budgets.Currently you can go over your budget by £1,000 on a £3,000 cap through the season sending your Board happiness rating downwards,yet then terminate Contracts after the last game paying the last 2/3 months compo to get your budget back in the limit.to regain board happiness when negotiating your own Contract renewal. You have still paid them their full contract up to July.

Perhaps a yearly salary budget should be in place with a total wage expenditure.

I come back every few years to play this awesome game. Last time I played was 2012, and I'm thinking about giving it another BIG run when 2015 comes out.

There were a few major problems with the match engine and the tactical choices the AI made in earlier version.

Firstly when a striker is going on goal, the matchengine doesn't properly take into account the defenders assert on the striker as he attempts on goal.

In RL there is a HUGE difference in the nearest defender being 4m away and him justling your shoulder as you try on goal. In the match engine as it was, if the striker won the tackle/dribble roll he was home free and could shoot unopposed on goal. Even if there were even more defenders on top of him it would still not impede his ability to finish clinically. This was one of the reasons why playing attacking style of football was so much more effective than playing a defensive counterattacking style.

From what I can read on the forum, with the 2014 version there have been made some changes to this mechanic, but people seem to find the way it is implemented to be somewhat nonsensical.

Another thing that made the game much too easy was the tactical choices made by the AI in starting lineups and the way it handles substitutions during matches.

The AI did a poor job of handling squad building to suit the tactic that it employes. There are several reasons why this problem occurs, I think.

Firstly the AI tends to be too happy to settle with players who are not perfectly suited for the intended role.

Part of this problem arises because the AI's don't vary their tactic enough across the different teams. Almost all play the same 4-4-2 style. So there isn't nearly enough quality players around to fill the demand.

Another issue is with the fitness levels of it's players. It doesn't handle squad rotation and substitutions very well. It too often fields players that are really too tired to play and substitutes way way too late in the game. Instead of getting some fresh legs on the field around halftime when some of their players are already dipping into the low 70'ies of fitness. Instead it keeps them on the field until 15 minutes before the final whistle when they drop below 60. This is much too late! The games are often decided by now and not in favour of the AI team because it has fielded too many half tired players.

Is there a difference in appearance between high/low and skinny/fat players in the match engine? It doesn't look that way, but it's a bit hard to say as we can't exactly zoom in and count freckles on people. But I have a seriously tall CB, and another bloke that's barely 1.60m, and I can't really see any difference from the other more 'normal' players.

4-2-3-1 Denmark is not a real 4-2-3-1!!!

Excuse the use of massive font ;)

But really. SI. The AI's 4-2-3-1 Denmark is not at all a 4-2-3-1. It's a 4-2-4 that is extremely attacking-minded. It is no where near a real life 4-2-3-1 and is honestly very misleading. A 4-2-3-1 should have 2 defensive midfielders, which allows for the fullbacks to get further forward. The AML/AMR is also incorrect because they often just park themselves on the shoulder of the back line, rather than help out with marking and tracking back. A true 4-2-3-1 should look like ... standard back 4 + DM + DM + CM + ML + MR + STC Really simple stuff there.

I'd really like a list, similar to short list of search list, with all players that have been scouted. Checking the list for each scout it cumbersome. The best way right now to check all the players that have been scouted, is to use the search list and sort it by star rating (ability or potential), but even when I limit it to 3 stars or whatever, it takes several seconds each time I go to a player and back, or sorting something else in the list. It would therefore be preferable to have a list with only the players that the scouts have reports on.

1. Add more team talk options, especially for single players. At the moment it's a choice between "I have faith" and "No pressure" because I never once saw any of my players in any of the teams I've managed react on "Expect a performance". For example, the "Expect better" option might apply not only to players who got less than 5.5 in the previous game but in general for all out-of-form players ("Expect you to break out of your bad form"), the same with "Let's have more of the same tonight". New signings might get the option of being told "It's your chance to impress the fans" at first few home-games, transfer-listed players - "Chance to impress potential buyers", older players with expiring deals - "Chance to deserve a new contract". Subs might get the "Don't get complacent" option because I always keep seeing them being complacent while coming on during the game I'm clearly winning, or something like "I want you to be extra careful there to help us protect the lead" for defenders and defense-minded midfielders when the score is 1-0 or such. Players who have been left out of their national teams might be motivated by the possibility of impressing their national manager ("It's your chance to prove you're good enough for <country>"), players on special landmarks like 100th appearance might be reminded of the occasion. Obviously, not everyone should react the same way, so which option the manager will choose should depend on the player's personality. Oh, and please fix the complacency team talk - either make the phrasing more clear or make the players react to that properly.

2. Option for holiday that stops on "red" messages. I'm sure I'm not the only one holidaying between matches to save time, especially during pre-season, so it'll be nice for the simulation to stop when an important message like "choose the squad bonus", "submit the numbers", "the board offers new contract", "player requests transfer" appears in your inbox. It's especially annoying when you ask to look for feeder club, the board return the verdict in about a month when you're not there to answer, and the game reads it as "indicated you didn't like any of the options".

The 20 year rule on new stadiums need a rework. I understand that a board will only build a 20k seater for a newly promoted club with a limited fanbase. But when the club then becomes very successfull it becomes a huge burden over the next two decades! They should have had the foresight to tell the architects and engineers to design a stadium that could be expanded upon if or when the need/opportunity arises.

All the tiny stadiums you start with can be expanded slowly without having to do a rebuild until you reach a certain stage, this should really carry over into small and medium sized stadiums also. Even some huge stadiums are built with this philosophy in mind, just look at Old Trafford. This has been expanded numerous times over the last decades and there is still possibilities for yet more expansions.

I'd like to see a sound track in the game like fifa, where you can play music when not in a match.

Anyone else?

Would add considerable expense to the project, as you'd have to pay for real tracks. Unless they made up their own, which would probably be the worst thing ever.

I dont like the training facilities feature, most professional clubs have good enough training for players to develop if they are good enough. I think the game should incorporate culture. This could be done on a league level, so every league could have a speciality which allows specific attributes more likely to increase and example could be league 2 has a physical speciality so attributes such as strength are more likely to increase. This could be expanded so that every manager has their own style. This gives a more tactical side to player development, i have a wonderkid who is physically weak i could send him to a physical league or manager, or choose to develop his strengths in a flair team. This would make the game more realistic as i would feel more inclined to loan a player to millwall as i fell it would benefit him, instead of letting him sit in my reserves and just magically becoming a world beater

Would add considerable expense to the project, as you'd have to pay for real tracks. Unless they made up their own, which would probably be the worst thing ever.

Why don't you just load iTunes (or other similar programs) in the background with your own playlist? No need for music for FM in my opinion

Why don't you just load iTunes (or other similar programs) in the background with your own playlist? No need for music for FM in my opinion

You could, but I don't do either. I was replying directly to the one who requested it, and - obviously, I thought - I'm against the idea

I'd love to be able to set-up a playing history for myself, prior to starting a game. As it stands I can select a 'difficulty' level which defines how the players and fans react to me (Sunday League - International), but I'd love to be able to define which clubs I've represented previously, giving me a reputation with them prior, and building on that as their manager.

For example, I'd like to specify I - fictionally- played for Present North End between 1992 & 1995, making 3 appearances; probably quite a forgettable player and the fans would have no inclination to want me as a manager. In 1995 I made a 250k move to Leicester City and went on to play 130 times for them until 2002; chances are Leicester remember me and would potentially be inclined to have me back as a manager. In 2002 I made a £12m move to Liverpool and went on to retire there after 7 years making 205 appearances. In this final example I could be listed as a favourite or icon meaning home-grown players and fans would initially start with a warmer feeling towards me. Certain players would have been listed as a favourite as I played alongside them for a period of time, also, some would dislike me! I believe this would add greatly to immersion but it also leads nicely to be second suggestion.

I'd love if I could build from inside, like Pep at Barca. A former player turned 'reserves' coach who was raised from inside the club to manage the first team. I'd love to have the option of managing the youth squads individually and then, after loyalty and under the right circumstances, be offered a first-team role, either temporarily or full-time. If temporarily, do I now have bigger ambitions than reserve management? I would love to then be able to refuse returning to my previous post in search of top-league management. Along with this, regular conversations with the first-team manager to inquire which players are ready for the step up, or how I should have my squad playing to ensure a 'smooth transition' from reserves to first-team.

I love this post.

I write and mod FMS and my signature character would really have benefited from such an option. My main save is from FM08 (4-2-4 anyone?) and purely by coincidence my manager received a job offer from club that, in my writing, he had been released from under painful circumstances (Reading). To have been able to highlight that part of his career in-game in terms of expectations would really be great.

I would really love to see the wage, transfer fee system getting a relook. The wage system in particular is one of the most painful aspects of FM 2014.

So many saves i have played its hard retaining players after a while. Even a guy on a 10-15K wage a week all of a sudden demands 50+. Or you want to sign a player who is on a wage of 5K per week in Portugal. You want to sign him but he expects 50+ even though he hasnt become a big name player as yet. So if you are a small club which must manage a budget, then eternally you need to sell players simply because you cant afford their wages. I can understand a player expecting an increase from 15K to 25K (Which was anyway the case with previous editions), but when he expects 4-5 times, its absurd and unrealistic.

Also buying players is not that challenging. But when looking to sign youngsters, particularly regens the transfer fee demanded is massive. Why would you pay 10-15 Mill for a 16 year old? Or why would you offer 15-20K wage?

Even if all other features are not upgraded, i hope the transfer fee and wage system gets a relook. Its just painful playing season after season selling all your players. You no longer have the motivation for a long save.

Archived