Player Professionalism

Is there a way to increase the professionalism for players past the age of 22 (who therefore cannot be tutored)? I'm looking to sign Daniel Sturridge (he's 23) but his media handling style points towards low professionalism.

Is there a way to increase the professionalism for players past the age of 22 (who therefore cannot be tutored)? I'm looking to sign Daniel Sturridge (he's 23) but his media handling style points towards low professionalism.

This is not directly responsive, but don't make the mistake I did and agree to a too low minimum fee release clause. Sturridge tore up the league and then I lost him in the first january. i really wish I had bribed his agent to set it much higher.

This is not directly responsive, but don't make the mistake I did and agree to a too low minimum fee release clause. Sturridge tore up the league and then I lost him in the first january. i really wish I had bribed his agent to set it much higher.

Good luck with this one Redbyrd. Eliminating, or increasing the minimum release clause is really tough. Agents will accept almost any of the other negotiating points before they'll budge on this one. Same with "match highest earner", if they put it in you have a real fight to remove it. I never, ever, sign a player with this clause.

I bought Sturridge for Newcastle and he's been fantastic, I wouldn't not sign him just because his professionalism isn't great. Besides, he hoes have really high determination so usually works hard on the pitch.

Here's how I get the best out of him.

........................Sturridge (Poa)...........................

A Johnson (IF).....Ben Arfa(AM)............G Dos Santos (AP)

Initially I had two wingers but Sturridge is great when he gets the ball to his feet instead of crosses, he has a super turn of pace and can usually leave his marker behind for a clear run on goal. His composure let's him down a little sometimes so that'd definitely need increasing.

Archived