9 of 10 US dollar notes show cocaine trace.

ROESIDER

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it if he said that on purpose :D If not, isn't it great there is still some innocence in the world!

I remember this exact same stat for UK ten pound notes, might have been 8 out of 10, basically, it's made up, isn't it?

Fairly sure it's true, as Cocaine doesn't tend to come off notes it effectively means that the note has been used to snort coke at least once in its lifetime.

Edit: In fact, come to think of it, the note just has to be kept next to a note that's been used to snort coke, so it's not that improbable when you think about it.

opening post hilarity aside, there's no way the statistic is true, as notes have a pretty short lifespan (one year for £5 notes I think, can't imagine the united states is much longer) before they become too dogeared to use. can't believe that cocaine use is so rampant that 90% of notes have traces on within a year or two

opening post hilarity aside, there's no way the statistic is true, as notes have a pretty short lifespan (one year for £5 notes I think, can't imagine the united states is much longer) before they become too dogeared to use. can't believe that cocaine use is so rampant that 90% of notes have traces on within a year or two

I think it's more to do with the fact that the notes only really need to come into contact with contaminated notes, so it doesn't mean each note has actually been used itself.

From another article on this subject:

The researchers noted that the amounts of cocaine were not enough to cause any health (or drug-testing) concerns. And the findings do not mean that 9 of every 10 bills have been used to snort cocaine. The drug, a fine powder, spreads easily through bill-counting machines and other currency handling methods.

so you're dismissing actual research for your pre-concieved ideas with no real indepth thought behind them? okay

• 7 months later...

haaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Why the christ do you keep posting news threads Roesider. They are never anything of interest. Have you ever started a thread based on anything to do with you or are you some kind of newsbot programmed to log in every now and then and post a random news piece?

Why the christ do you keep posting news threads Roesider. They are never anything of interest. Have you ever started a thread based on anything to do with you or are you some kind of newsbot programmed to log in every now and then and post a random news piece?

The thread was posted a while ago, someone just dug it up. Still makes me laugh though :D

I was once a cocaine addict. I stopped using as the coke in the U.K. is so cut its just not worth it

(yes, i know about all the other health dangers too, blah blah blah)

Anyway, we are now witnessing an emergence of cheaper drugs such as meth and plant food.

Watch any documentary about Meth, its frightening !!