Keegan thrown out of Toon

Def he may give me a fight for my spot. I knew by loaning him out it would benefit him more than being sat on the bench or in the reserves and from what i have observed he is performing at a good level in the premiership. I may be Bojan and Jovetic upfront next season but only time will tell

Def he may give me a fight for my spot. I knew by loaning him out it would benefit him more than being sat on the bench or in the reserves and from what i have observed he is performing at a good level in the premiership. I may be Bojan and Jovetic upfront next season but only time will tell

Mr Ridley could this be a veiled admission to your retirement from playing the game or would you simply take a bit more of a back seat?

Im not even considering retirement yet ive got years left in me yet, I was merely just saying that depending on how these 2 improve over the season i may be destined for a spell on the bench but at the minute im having an excellent run of form so who knows what will happen next season.

Jan 08 update

Newcastle defeated in LC quarte finals. Manager Lee Ridley admitted he was disappointed to lose their cup but admitted that winning the FA and Uefa cup would make up for it. Newcastle have benn drawn against Levski in the Euro cup 2nd round.

Newcastle sit in 7th in the league W10 D3 L9 F34 A27.

When the transfer winow opened Ridley moved quickly to shore up his defence by signing Joleon Lescott from Everton for 4million and Daniel Opare from Madrid on a free transfer, Ridley has also revealed that he has agreed Bosman transfers for Nasri(Arsenal), Miralem Sulejmani(Ajax), Miguel Torres(Madrid), Jimmy Briand(Rennes) and Martin Caceres(Barcelona). Newcastle are yet to receive any offers for Shay Given.

Ridley is the leading scorer so far with 15 in 31 games followed by Jovetic 10 in 29 games.

Lee Ridley said that he was looking forward to the 2nd half of the season and hopefully a european final,a trip to Wembley and a place in next seasons champions league. Despite all this the fans are not happy with Ridleys progress and have been calling for him to be sacked, the board are giving him time though.

A dissapointing 2nd season came to an end today for Newcastle manager Lee Ridley, after drawing 0-0 wit Arsenal at St james park on the final day of the season, Newcastle finished 7th in the league 8 points behind 6th place Arsenal. Newcastle were knocked out in the quarter finals of the euro cup being beaten by Liverpool 2-1 on aggregate, the game was heading to extra time until a 90th minute winner by Ryan Babel, they had previously beat Dortmund 4-1 on aggregate to reach the quarters. Newcastle lost to Arsenal 3-2 in the FA cup 5th round again falling victim to a late injury time goal, which meant they finished the season without any silverware. Lee Ridley added that he was hopeful of getting back into europe by the back door using the euro vase to try and improve on last years quarter final finish. To do this he added i believe i have to strengthen my defence vastly. Ridley contributed to the cause by scoring 16 goals in 51 games, the clubs top scorer and best performer.

He also revealed that e has agreed to sell Shat Given to Portsmouth for 3.2 million and david Edgar to Watford for 3.5 million + 50% sell on clause but these sales did not raise as many eyebrows as the deadline transfer of Michael Owen to Barcelona for 11.25 million + 50% sell on clause as the end of January

The only positive to the season was Stevan Jovetic being voted young player of the year in his debut season in the premiership scoring 13 goals in 51 games averaging a rating of 7.60 per game

yes as you can see my strike rate has improved this season, robbie tried to pass on a few tips to me but i told him i would show him who was top dog once i found my feet! as for managerial skills, i taught him everything he knows, who do you think was behind his success!

yes as you can see my strike rate has improved this season, robbie tried to pass on a few tips to me but i told him i would show him who was top dog once i found my feet! as for managerial skills, i taught him everything he knows, who do you think was behind his success!

I read this and I had to chuckle, good response!

Skysports breaking news

Lee Ridley has just replaced the retiring Sir Alex Ferguson as the new manager of Manchester United. Ridley added that it was a dream to manage his boyhood team and would keep Sir Alexs good work up and hoped to emulate all the success he has had.

Hello Mr Ridley, Mark Irwin here, firstly let me congratulate you on the new job. My question for you is do you think that you left Newcastle in the lurch? Some are saying you never fulfilled the job you set out to do, do you feel they are right? Thanks, All the best.

Thank you. I left the club as i did not believe the board were supporting me as they were constantly extremley unhappy with me despite being the most succesfula manager since 1963, i actually won a trophy! I also grew unhappy with the fans protesting about me and wanting me out every week despite giving everything to the club and progressing them in my opinion. If i had felt wanted i would have stayed but i look forward to going back with my new club and showing them what they have missed out on, not only have they lost their manager but they have lost their top scorer and i think they may lose a number of their players as well.

Mr Ridley i'd like to quote a comment you made in your last press conference at Newcastle Utd.

"He also revealed that he has agreed to sell Shat Given to Portsmouth for 3.2 million"

Is this a typo, or did you really believe him to be that bad :D. Many would say he was one of the better keepers in the premiership.

Would you care to comment

That was just a typo. As for the euro vase Newcastle did not reach a final to win that they were just the last team standing where as i actually took them to a final and won it!

As for my new club i can reveal i will be bringing in new players and i will be letting players go. I can reveal that i have already sold Danny Simpson for 4.4million +50% to Man.City, i have also let Fraizer Campbell and danny welbeck go out on loan for the season. Leaving the club will also e Saha, Fangzhou, Silvestre, Kuszczak, Lee Martin, Ji Sung Park and Chris Eagles, i have also persuaded Van Der Sar to delay his retirement for now. As for players coming in you might see a few familiar players at the club.

I can confirm that i have made a number of changes at the club going out is Silvestre, Park, Kuszczak, Saha, O'Shea and i have brought into the club:

Odiah - CSKA Moscow

Kristian Petersen - Kobenhaven

Ruben Moreira - Gremio

Gretar Steinsson - Bolton

Eduardo Miguel - Fluminese

Krysztof Wrobel - Zaglebie Lubin

Simon Taylor - FC United

David Munoz - Racing

Esposito - Sampdoria

And i have aquired the following players fro my former club Bojan, Ramsey, Saivet, McGeady, Villaluz, Haruna, Gyan, Sultan, Ben Arfa Van der Vaart the signing that has git the fans excited the most Stevan Jovetic! I have also agrred to sign Daniel Opare once he has recovered from his injury. With my squad now i believe i have the strongest squad in the league and i have achieved all these signings within my bidget assigned by the Glaizers

Sensational start for United!

Lee Ridley leads United to 3 pre seasons victory scoring in the 1st against Mlada Boleslav, winning 2-1, making an impressive debut. They followed this up with Victories against Northampton(5-0) and Peterbrough(4-0).

The first game of the season approached United were playing at home against defending champions Chelsea. Chelsea were easily brushed aside by United winning 3-1. Next up was the champions cup qualifier 3rd round against Vllaznia united won both legs 4-0 and 1-0, they were then drawn against Spartak Moscow, Sporting and Ventspils.

United have yet to be defeated this season sitting on top of the league with a 4 point league and a game in hand. results were:

Chelsea w 3-1

Stoke w 3-2

Liverpool w 3-0

Q.P.R w 2-0

Reading W 2-0

West Ham W 4-1

Birmingham W 4-2

They also defeated Bristol City 1-0 in the league cup 3rd round.

Manager Lee Ridley said he was over the moon with the start he has made with the club and has promised to bring the title back to the Theatre of Dreams. Interestingley Newcastle are currently 16th in the league with Ridley returning to St James park on December 26th

United storm to premiership title!

The fans of Manchester United sang manager Lee Ridleys name as the team clinched the title with 5 games to spare. Ridley stated he was very proud to win the title in his 1st season with United. United did take their foot of the gas in the last 5 games with Ridley given fringe players some time on the pitch. United also reached the semi finals of all 3 cups, something Ridley wants to improve on next season, they were crushed by Milan in the european cup. Ridley stated that one of the worst parts of the season was going back to St James park to face Luis Van Gaals Newcastle who wenht on to crush united 3-0 and then win at Old Trafford 1-0, Ridley was not happy.

Ridley has already started planning for next season by selling Guzman, Cathcart, Brandy, Martin, Eagles and most suprisingly Owen Hargreaves! but he has replaced them with Micah Richards, John Bostock, Aaron Lennon, Niko Krancjar(all on bosman contracts) Joe Cole(for 1 million), Pim Balkstein (from Newcastle for 2.5million) and as previously stated he completed the signing of Daniel Opare from Newcastle after the young defender passed his medical. However Ridley left his biggest signing so far the one that has got the fans excited about next season a 28 million deal for Sergio Aguero. The fans gathered outside the training ground when the news broke but Ridley revealed that it was looking like Carlos Tevez wanted to leave the club due to too much competition for a first team place now that Aguero had signed, United have the attacking options upfront of Ridley, Rooney, tevez, Berbatov, Jovetic, Aguero, Bojan, Welback and Campbell. Ridley has been heard as saying his spending is not done yet................

Archived