Assists Column in Team Squad Screen

You need to edit the team squad.xml file located in the panels folder for your skin. (If you don't have a team squad.xml file for that skin or any skin, you'll need to use the Resource Archiver Tool to extract the panels.fmf file - There should be a guide with the tool telling you how to do this.

Once you have extracted the panels files - locate the team squad.xml file and copy it into the panels folder for the skin you are using.

Now open the team squad.xml file with Notepad (or your fav. text editor), when you open the file and scroll down a bit you should see loads of lines of code that look a little like this:

<record id="trnf">
		<string id="name" value="Transfer"/> 
		<record id="view">
		<flags id="Ppkd"/> <!-- picked info -->
		<flags id="Pnfo"/> <!-- player status/info -->
		<flags id="Pnam"/> <!-- person name -->
		<flags id="Pcoo"/> <!-- transfer options -->
		<flags id="Pctr"/> <!-- transfer status -->
		<flags id="Pcls"/> <!-- loan status -->
		<flags id="Pdva"/> <!-- value -->
		</record>

There will be a block of code like this for every view on the team squad page.

The <string id="name" value="Transfer"/> line tells you the view that that bit of code controls - so the above code decides what infomation appears on the Transfer View.

So scroll through the file until you find the view that you want to edit (so if you wanted to edit the Selection view you would look for the section of code that starts with <string id="name" value="Selection"/>)

When you have found what view you are wanting to edit the code to show assists is as follows:

<flags id="Poas"/> <!-- overall assists -->

You just paste that into a new line - as long as it's before the </record> bit.

The first <flags id... line is shown to the left of the screen, the second is shown to the right of it, then the third to the right of the second. So paste the Assists code inbetween the two columns you want it to appear between.

For Example, this code, will add the assists column to the Transfer View on the Squad Page, and the column will appear before the Value column:

<record id="trnf">
		<string id="name" value="Transfer"/> 
		<record id="view">
		<flags id="Ppkd"/> <!-- picked info -->
		<flags id="Pnfo"/> <!-- player status/info -->
		<flags id="Pnam"/> <!-- person name -->
		<flags id="Pcoo"/> <!-- transfer options -->
		<flags id="Pctr"/> <!-- transfer status -->
		<flags id="Pcls"/> <!-- loan status -->
                       <flags id="Poas"/> <!-- overall assists -->
		<flags id="Pdva"/> <!-- value -->
		</record>

Basically any of the flags id lines that appear in this file can be copied into a different view - so if you wanted you could fully customize all or any of the views - the only real limit is the amount of screen space you have, if you don't have enough some columns won't show.

After you have edited the file as you feel fit, save it, load the game up. If you have the Skin Cache on go into the Preferences -> Display & Sound Menu and turn off the skin cache and select always reload skin, click confirm and your edits should now be showing (hopefully - if they are you can turn the skin cache back on).

An example of the changes I've made to the Selection Screen in my game

(About the only thing I haven't been able to do is find a way to show preferred foot on the Team Screen)

Thanks Michael. I can finally have assists in my team squad view. The only problem I have is that I can't view the morale and form columns. Thats probably because I don't have enough screen space. Anyway I can make a column a bit smaller? For example the player name column is too wide and none of my players have that long names. So could I decrease it's width somehow so that more of the columns appear on the screen?

This is what my selection screen looks like: http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8996/selectionviewzr5.jpg

There may be a way of adjusting the width given to the columns (I haven't tried it though - I'm assuming the Squad screen is displayed in the same way as the Tactics screen).

In the line of code for the Persons Name in the team squad.xml file (or whatever column you want to make smaller), you can try pasting in the following code:

width="-1" before the /> in the line you want to adjust for example:

<flags id="Pnam" width="-1"/> <!-- person name -->

The -1 should make the Player Name column take up the rest of the room once the other columns have been displayed (A value of -1 tells the game to fill up the rest of the available space with that item). (If that works you can also add the following line after "-1": minimum_width="100" - this means it'll always be at least 100pixels wide, and if the space is present it'll stretch to fill it).

If that doesn't work you can try putting in a real number - where the number corresponds with that many pixels, and experiment with different values if it works until you are happy.

If none of that works try changing flags to record on that line.

(To test your changes after saving the file, you'll need to ensure the skin cache is off and reload your skin - I'd also advise saving a copy of the team squad.xml file you have already edited in case something goes wrong).

Thanks for that mate. I tried putting the width="-1" code and the minimum width code. They don't work unless you put record instead of flags on that line. I also experimented with the width a lot. In the minimum width code, if I put a number which is 58 or less, the column becomes smaller and if its 59 or more then its the original size of my player name column. If its 58 or less then I can see the other two columns but then the player name column is so small that barely anybody's name fits into it. 59 or above I cant see the other two columns.

Is there anything else I can do? Like maybe put a maximum width on the column? I'll experiment a bit by putting those codes on other columns.

Ok, I figured it out. Its all there now. Thanks for those codes!

Maybe you should make a guide for this. That would help a lot of people. I think there used to be one on the old forums.

This is what my team_squad.xml file looks like if you're interested: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2875/teamsquadfx1.jpg

Archived