Red Stars Belgrade....Good Team???

Im currently approaching halfway in my first season with this team and have to admit that i'm really enjoying this save...

This is my season thus far

24907926hb2.jpg

This week my team showed me how good they really are:

15123084vj1.jpg

im a lil upset Lucas didn't get put in the first XI:p

Im only one point away from qualifying for the next round of the ECC,

or just have Ajax draw 1 of thier next 2 games as they are 5 points behind me.

Also my reserve and u/19s squad are in first place of thier respective leagues

Is there anyone else who is playing in Serbia?

If so, Who are you and how are you going?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I believe i am at the halfway stage of the season and for some reason, they have a 2 month holiday now... i don't know why, but its totally random.

This is how i'm going thus far

2v12nic.jpg

As you can see, i qualified for the first knockout phase of the ECC but have unfortunately drawn to face Real Madrid, Will be quite an experience...

I've kinda runaway with the Superliga so far undefeated (16/16) and have scored a bucjet load of goals.

Below is the stats of Dejan Milovanovic, my honourable captain and the player thats holding the club together

33js1v7.jpg

I'll post up an update probably at the end of the season, with the awards and what not..

Im just using Kimz tactics, only made one signing so far and he won't be joining me until january 9 (which is a week away:P)

sold only 2 players, Milan Bogunovic to Dinam Buc. for $50,000 and Miroslav Lecic to Srem(?) for $60,000

I'd suggest trying to get Stevan Jovetic from Partizan (my scout gave him 5 star potential), only problem is his value is 2 millie + and Partizan are your fiercest rivals.

and a young player Vuk Mitosevic from Vojvodina $400,000, my scout gave him 4 star potential but he's only 16 so he can develop.

And you start of with about 30 players out on loan (30!!!!! SHEESH)

so i'm not sure how good they are yet either

Ummm that's all i can think of at the moment, if you wanna know anything else, i'll try to help.

But i am really enjoying this save, it's the only one i've played this week:P

Thanks for the info. You say they have 30(!) players out on loan, do they have a reserve team for them? I ask this as if they don't and those 30 players come back next season, it will ages to sell them all, or readjust the wage budget.

Thanks for the info. You say they have 30(!) players out on loan, do they have a reserve team for them? I ask this as if they don't and those 30 players come back next season, it will ages to sell them all, or readjust the wage budget.

Ummm here are my squad numbers

Senior Squad - 20

Reserve Squad - 18

Youth Squad - 17

Loaned Out - 32

Total - 77 players

I also believe a large majority of them are loaned to feeder clubs so i'm paying the wages anyway and i have about $20,000 wage limit spare

For those who are going to play a Red Star (or Serbian) game, i got a tip for you...

From around the middle of december - the middle of february you have 2 months between matches (WTF!!!!)

i highly recommend you maybe set up 1 or 2 friendlies for this period, as your whole team will become "severely lacking match fitness"

never a good thing, so take heed and hope it helps

I'm also playing with Red Star atm, currently in my second season, won the league and the cup in the first season, finished 3th in the group stages of the CL and went out in the first match in the UEFA cup after x-mas

Second season, so far, first in the league, still in the cup and the team are, reserves in ()

GK) Kahriman (Alamo)

DR) Basta (Ninkov)

DL) Neziri (Andjelkovic)

DC) Rusol (Totoric)

DC) Gueye (some French defender Puy... something from Lille)

MC) Castillo (Bogdanovic)

MC) Ljubinkovic (Djemba Djemba)

AM) Milovanovic (Cetkovic)

AM) Luis Jimenez (Marinkovic)

AM) Milijas (Dica, Barbosa)

FC) Thil (Stancu, Kezman(onloan), Jozy)

Gueye by far my best player last year and topscorer, scoring 42 goals I think in all competitions

Pretty good team as I see it, £22m in the bank and about £3m left to spend on players, could make it more by spending wage money

very nice there DKB

I've just started April of the first season so i should have an update later on...

I haven't even really looked at getting players like stancu and such yet... but maybe into the new season things might fall into place

when the loan players returns you should very quickly find out which you want to hold on to and which should be transferlisted, most of them will interest other clubs if transferlisted, some will bring in a few £ and some millions of £, for the once valued fairly high you can press the price on them to around £1.2m - £2.5m

when the loan players returns you should very quickly find out which you want to hold on to and which should be transferlisted, most of them will interest other clubs if transferlisted, some will bring in a few £ and some millions of £, for the once valued fairly high you can press the price on them to around £1.2m - £2.5m

I will definitely take that advice on board, with 30 odd players out on loan yet to return,

I'm gonna be up to my neck in it:P

Thanks for the advice

Well i have finally finished may inaugural season at the helm of Red Star Belgrade.

Some good news and some bad news...

Good news, i went through the league competition undefeated...

bad news, i went through the league competition undefeated...

I guess i am aiming for european dominance so the league has to be dominated as well but this is ridiculous....

anyway, here's some screenies

League Table

f5pmx.jpg

Season Overview

2h2ob40.jpg

It doesn't mention on there (for some reason) but i got eliminated from the Champions Cup in the First Knockout round against Real Madrid, some thing like 5-1(agg)

Awards

2jd25jd.jpg

Season Transfers

n46y34.jpg

So in a small summary:

I won the Serbian Superleague and Serbian Cup

Knockout out of ECC by Real MAdrid in 1st knock out phase

Spent a total of $1.4 millie on transfers

and made a total of $2 millie on sales

Club won multiple awards including Player of the year, Manager's Player of the Year, Manager of the Year & Golden Boot.

Currently sitting in 9th spot in the Serbian Managers Hall Of Fame

Will give transfer update before season's start

If anyone wants a screenie of any player, let us know and im sure someone would be happy to oblige

OK Pre-season transfers...

i have only made 3 thus far and are all made on impulse (Marked with an (I):p

Garry Bocaly - Marseille - $2 millie Should be fairly solid at the back, backed up by Tutoric & Gueye

Mikael Forssell - Free (I) First impulse transfer... I think he will dominate the league, Not my best striker but maybe my first choice

Edgar Davids - Free (I) 2nd DEFINITE impulse buy... The only let down last season was the ECC, I thought "meh, he's free, Gimme some Euro Experience" May not be used in the league as of yet

I also have Gilles Sunu coming from Arsenal but that won't be until the start of next season, hope he improves alot while he's still there:P

I have made a bid for Hugo Lloris (Don't think i'll get him though) so i might bring a youthy forward as back up as Randjelovic is getting on a bit.

Also made a bid for Mark Bosnich to be my Keeper Coach:P

If Central Coast can Trial him to play A-League, I can trial him for coaching:P

I released about 20 players that returned from loan and maybe sold a dozen for about $2 millie

Only have bout 6 out on loan this season got squad numbers down from 77 to 76:P

I am yet to cull down my youth squad so that'll clear about a dozen

I won the Serbian SuperCup 6-0 Forssell got a brace and am about to start my ECC campaign against Tampere Utd(again)

ummm. cheers, thanks for the appreciation anthaa87

but they are in totally different leagues, Panathinaikos are Greek where as Red Star are Serbian...

If i was to go play in greece i'd probably go AEK because they're not quite there but can be..

Well its a good thing that this is a game otherwise red Star may remain under the radar... unless the pull "Zenit" over everyone

As soon as i have won the ECC (not this season as i have drawn AC Milan in the 3rd Qualifying Round) i may look into moving to another club...maybe to greece, except, i didn't load greece up :|

Well its a good thing that this is a game otherwise red Star may remain under the radar... unless the pull "Zenit" over everyone

As soon as i have won the ECC (not this season as i have drawn AC Milan in the 3rd Qualifying Round) i may look into moving to another club...maybe to greece, except, i didn't load greece up :|

lol fer enuff...well if u can do me a huuge favor and start up a new Panathinaikos game in the new update. we have gilberto silva and a very good right back called Gabriel.

Start a new game and let me know how u go...Can u please do that?

if u can post it on the forum with screens and all that. i would do it but dont know how.

Please!!

Cheers

if you can i will give u the best tactic ever!

i'll give it a go, but i'll set up my Red Star game for the next season first then i'll link up in the Panathinaikos Thread

so ur going to start a new Panathinaikos game?? kool set it up asap

im really looking forward to seeing who you buy...lets see how you go in the Champions League first season

OK Pre-season transfers...

i have only made 3 thus far and are all made on impulse (Marked with an (I):p

Garry Bocaly - Marseille - $2 millie Should be fairly solid at the back, backed up by Tutoric & Gueye

Mikael Forssell - Free (I) First impulse transfer... I think he will dominate the league, Not my best striker but maybe my first choice

Edgar Davids - Free (I) 2nd DEFINITE impulse buy... The only let down last season was the ECC, I thought "meh, he's free, Gimme some Euro Experience" May not be used in the league as of yet

I also have Gilles Sunu coming from Arsenal but that won't be until the start of next season, hope he improves alot while he's still there:P

I have made a bid for Hugo Lloris (Don't think i'll get him though) so i might bring a youthy forward as back up as Randjelovic is getting on a bit.

Also made a bid for Mark Bosnich to be my Keeper Coach:P

If Central Coast can Trial him to play A-League, I can trial him for coaching:P

I released about 20 players that returned from loan and maybe sold a dozen for about $2 millie

Only have bout 6 out on loan this season got squad numbers down from 77 to 76:P

I am yet to cull down my youth squad so that'll clear about a dozen

I won the Serbian SuperCup 6-0 Forssell got a brace and am about to start my ECC campaign against Tampere Utd(again)

Ok just to expand more on this season...

I have brought in 2 more goalkeepers: Aleksandar Kesic & Vladimir Disljenkovic

Disljenkovic has been put straight into first string and Kesic is leading the Reserves

I also have Balenziaga coming in the January window

I have been eliminated from the ECC by Dynamo Kiev and am about to start the Euro Cup

so hope i go well there

Will update after the January Window

no, not really.. haven't really thought about it as of yet but should start looking into it though

I have signed a scout and thats it, and tried to sign Bosnich as a GK coach but only because he was on the news and i searched for him on here:P

I'm also playing with Red Star atm, currently in my second season, won the league and the cup in the first season, finished 3th in the group stages of the CL and went out in the first match in the UEFA cup after x-mas

Second season, so far, first in the league, still in the cup and the team are, reserves in ()

GK) Kahriman (Alamo)

DR) Basta (Ninkov)

DL) Neziri (Andjelkovic)

DC) Rusol (Totoric)

DC) Gueye (some French defender Puy... something from Lille)

MC) Castillo (Bogdanovic)

MC) Ljubinkovic (Djemba Djemba)

AM) Milovanovic (Cetkovic)

AM) Luis Jimenez (Marinkovic)

AM) Milijas (Dica, Barbosa)

FC) Thil (Stancu, Kezman(onloan), Jozy)

Gueye by far my best player last year and topscorer, scoring 42 goals I think in all competitions

Pretty good team as I see it, £22m in the bank and about £3m left to spend on players, could make it more by spending wage money

Great thread mate. I live in Serbia and Red Star are my favorite team followed by Man Utd, Real, Inter. Yeah, I've got a fave team in every league. :D

One thing I find interesting is that Kezman used to play for Partizan, our fierce rivals, in real life he would NEVER come here. Oh well. :) Good luck.

Just looking at DKB's squad, i can see how different it is to mine

And why are you giving him credit for the thread it was ME! ME! MEEE!!! Sorry bout that:P

but we play the same formation so we know Red Star are a great attacking team, I'll have to look into some of the players he has

and see if i can fit them into my plans:p

I have just signed another GK (my achilles heel, i believe) and looking into buying another DM to partner up with Basta or as back up

The Goalkeeper is Jason Bourdouxhe, 17yr old Beligian from PSV

27xdnw3.jpg

and the DC/DM i am currently looking at (and is favourite to try to sign) is

Gojko Kacar, 21yr old Serbian from Hertha BSC.

fnztld.jpg

I have the GK coming for next season, should i try and get DM or stick with Basta and Castillo/Lucas/Davids combo

Ok halfawy stage of the second season, is looking good but the board isn't happy about my lack of success in the ECC even though i've gotten past the group stage of the Euro Cup.

I am through to the Semi-Final of the SuperCup, another competition my club always expect me to win...

Currently 9 pts clear at the top of the SuperLiga table after 16 rounds

Won: 14 Drawn: 1 Lost: 1 Goals For: 49 Goals Against: 16

Transfers

Over the past fews moths, outside of the transfer peiods, I made deals with 4 players, 3 of which are youth players.

I have also passed on a few of the players which did not fit in to my plans or squad and were just the current gap fillers.

OUT

outpr3.th.jpg

GK Sasa Radivojevic - Rad - $35,000

AM Marko Perovic - Mouscron - $40,000

D/M Marko Djalovic - Hoffenheim - $450,000

IN

inpc9.th.jpg

DL Mikel Balenziaga - 20 - R. Sociedad - $250,000 - 09/01/2009

ST Gilles Sunu - 17 - Arsenal - $400,000 - 29/06/2009

GK Jason Bourdouxhe - 17 - PSV - $110,000 - 29/06/2009

AM Wellington - 16 - Fluminese - $450,000 - 06/02/2010

By the end of this season i would have hoped to have culled my squad to who i want, need and will use now and in the future

**If you would like screenis for any of the players, just ask i'll pop 'em up

Recent Buys

Mikael Forssell has been dominant in this league, and for a free transfer he is worth every penny of his wage

App: 27 Goals: 22 Assists: 7 MoM: 5 Avg Rating: 7.46

Fan Confidence: Fans believe that Forssell has been a revelation...

the only downside is his Shots on Target is only at 53% which can definitely be improved

Edgar Davids has been as solid as i expected him to be, i have used him in more than Euro games due to injury but his experience is good no matter when he plays.

App: 14 Goals: 3 Assists: 1 MoM: 3 Avg Rating: 7.31

Fan Confidence: So far it looks like he'd be an impressive capture for us

He is almost commiting 2 fouls per game so he might want to tone that down a bit

OK, i think thats all for now i'll be sure to post up any developments at seasons end

Ok halfawy stage of the second season, is looking good but the board isn't happy about my lack of success in the ECC even though i've gotten past the group stage of the Euro Cup.

I am through to the Semi-Final of the SuperCup, another competition my club always expect me to win...

Currently 9 pts clear at the top of the SuperLiga table after 16 rounds

Won: 14 Drawn: 1 Lost: 1 Goals For: 49 Goals Against: 16

Transfers

Over the past fews moths, outside of the transfer peiods, I made deals with 4 players, 3 of which are youth players.

I have also passed on a few of the players which did not fit in to my plans or squad and were just the current gap fillers.

OUT

outpr3.th.jpg

GK Sasa Radivojevic - Rad - $35,000

AM Marko Perovic - Mouscron - $40,000

D/M Marko Djalovic - Hoffenheim - $450,000

IN

inpc9.th.jpg

DL Mikel Balenziaga - 20 - R. Sociedad - $250,000 - 09/01/2009

ST Gilles Sunu - 17 - Arsenal - $400,000 - 29/06/2009

GK Jason Bourdouxhe - 17 - PSV - $110,000 - 29/06/2009

AM Wellington - 16 - Fluminese - $450,000 - 06/02/2010

By the end of this season i would have hoped to have culled my squad to who i want, need and will use now and in the future

**If you would like screenis for any of the players, just ask i'll pop 'em up

Recent Buys

Mikael Forssell has been dominant in this league, and for a free transfer he is worth every penny of his wage

App: 27 Goals: 22 Assists: 7 MoM: 5 Avg Rating: 7.46

Fan Confidence: Fans believe that Forssell has been a revelation...

the only downside is his Shots on Target is only at 53% which can definitely be improved

Edgar Davids has been as solid as i expected him to be, i have used him in more than Euro games due to injury but his experience is good no matter when he plays.

App: 14 Goals: 3 Assists: 1 MoM: 3 Avg Rating: 7.31

Fan Confidence: So far it looks like he'd be an impressive capture for us

He is almost commiting 2 fouls per game so he might want to tone that down a bit

OK, i think thats all for now i'll be sure to post up any developments at seasons end

Good Job! Keep them coming! GO RED STAR!!:D

I apologize for my earlier mistake, I didn't even look at the name!:o

2008/2009 summary

2afyi9v.jpg

I only managed to make it to the 2nd knockout phase of the Euro Cup being eliminated by Aston Villa

I've released Edgar Davids because he didn't want a part-time contract:P

Gilles Sunu has joined from Arsenal, he's currently setting himself up in the reserves squad

Jason Bourdouxhe has arrived from PSV and is currently in the youth squad

Sending a few players out on loan and to Zemun (feeder club) whilst awaiting the verdict on an international feeder club

No current injury worries at the moment, Bocaly is back at light training after being out for 9 months (hence why he was rated worst buy of season.

That's all i can think of... any questions just ask, and i will do player screenies if requested

Great thread mate. I live in Serbia and Red Star are my favorite team followed by Man Utd, Real, Inter. Yeah, I've got a fave team in every league. :D

One thing I find interesting is that Kezman used to play for Partizan, our fierce rivals, in real life he would NEVER come here. Oh well. :) Good luck.

I couldn't believe that Kezman would join Red Star (on loan) but I guess he was feed up of sitting on the bench in Turkey, I repaid his disloyal behaviour by putting him on my bench and rarely use him, and I had no real desire to use a former Partizan hero man in my first team squad squad. Even though Marinkovic has begone to grow into a first team'er for me. But as you can see I had Thil as my first team striker and I've managed to get Gignac to my squad as well, so Kezman will rot in the reserves

hey guys just looked at this thread and Red Star looks like really good fun so i thought i would give it a go on 8.02.

Any ideas who i should buy and sell? (using Kimz tactics by the way)

Thanks in advance

Have alook throught the thread and check out our squads... you'll see who we've picked up in more detail, mine are mostly screenies so you can easily assess for yourself. These are probably my best buys.

Aleksandar Davidov (Hadjuk Rodic MB) for about $700,000, plays anywhere on the left but best as ST (keep him at AML)

Mikel Balenziaga (Real Sociedad B) $3.1 millie, plays great in the WBL position just change his position to train there (he's already competent)

Vladimir Disljenkovic (B. Jerusalem) $2 millie, I believe GK is Red Stars Weakest point and this guys is as good as for this level.

Garry Bocaly (Marseille) $2 millie, Plays best at DC but i have him rotating with Basta in WBR or DM.

Mikael Forssell (Birmingham) Free Transfer end of season 1... this guy has been shredding the defence, beat the record for goals in first season, Also pick up someone like Edgar Davids on a free, his experience is vital for europe and he's cccchhhhhhhheeeeaaaaaaaaapppppp

Also load up brazil and argentina because they have awesome youngsters wanting to come to Europe...

and get a new Ass-Man, the one you have is crap, I' got Steve Eyre from England somewhere, he does the job

As for your formation.. Kimz tactic works well with this team, make sure Deja Milovanovich plays in the AMC (back arrow) position with a hold pall up ticked and he'll either be top scorer or most assists he's a machine. DO NOT SELL!!!!

you have 30 odd loans out when they come back cut most of the crap players and take full advantage of your feeder clubs... you may need a couple more...

Ok haven't updated in a while...

just up to the start of december so only a few matches remain before the extended holiday.

Sitting atop the league table even though i have lost 2 matches thus far (worst season so far)

got serbian cup QF coming up and the last group stage match for Euro Champ Cup (haven't qualified for knockout) placed in third

no new transfers these past few months, I have Wellington starting in Feb when he turns 18 and Galvan coming in 13 months

Alot of players are getting offers and are unhappy i won't let them talk to the clubs, may have to let a couple go soon, bring young ones through.

update soon

I just did a straight swap with B. Jerusalem...player for player

They wanted Nikola Trajkovic (MRC) valued at $600,000

so i said they could have him if they gave me

Georginio Wijnaldum (AM RLC) valued at $1.2 millie

I think i done well to trade a 28 yr old back up player for an 18yr old wonderkid (well, he's not one yet BUT, i'll try get him there

Well i'm going to the world cup:P

I just signed a contract to be the manager of Ivory Coast 3 months before the World Cup, my first International job:P

Unfortunately i have drawn to play Mexico, Portugal & Argentina

Challenge Much:P Should be good thought, they only expect me to do well in the group stage but not a priority

• 2 weeks later...

OK haven't really updated and i know all of the Red Star fans out there are hanging out for one yeah right just not sure where to begin...

I have had alot of success domestically winning the Serbian SuperLeague 4 years straight

with this season being the least dominating. It seems the other clubs are starting to develop thier youth quite well and are bringing them through, especially my main rivals Partizan, and dark horses Bezanija who came 2nd this season by 9 points. Benzanija had just been promoted the season before where they ended up 3rd.

I have also won the Serbian Cup 4 years in a row, this year beating Benzanija 2-0.

Europe is still a competition in which i find competitive, I have been making the European Champions Cup Group Stages with ease but from there on out i tend to struggle... It could be down to youth in the team average age of squad is 23-24. I have alot of room for developing my young squad, i'll just have to wait until they're up to it, but it won't stop me from trying.

Finances are well on form currently placed at 59th in the world richlist we moving on up, valued at $34.5 million we are on par with Derby & FC Metz, which is good considering we're in Serbia. We are by far the richest in Serbia with our closest being Partizan being valued at $16.5 million.

We have done well financially in the market spending a record breaking $7.25 million on 23 players of which only 4 were free and made a record breaking transfer income of $12.5 million. We still have about $16 million coming in & $10 million going out over a period of 24 months.

We have been very busy in the transfer market with 23 coming in over the past 12 months,

most of which are youthful players now reserve squad. Of the incoming players the biggest signings would have to have been:

Marco Davide Faraoni from Lazio for $8.75 million

Martin Galvan from Cruz Azul for $3.5 million

Both of which, i believe, are destined for bigger and better things, i just hope i can get something out of them on the pitch.

Leaving Red Star this season is favourite Igor Burzanovic, he couldn't agree to a contract feeling he had to move until he agreed to a free transfer to Fulham which will be good for him. Also leaving is Red Star stalward Bojan Pavlovic who joined almost 10 years ago, He felt he wasn't getting enough first star matches, even though he started 17 and came on for 13 which is good for a back-up Keeper, Lokking for a fresh start for Rapid in Romania.

2009 signing of the year Garry Bocaly has also moved onto bigger things having moved to Reacreativo for $7 million after joining Re Star for $2 million 2 years earlier from Marseille.

We have had alot of strong youthful Newgens coming through the academy, With Boris Krstic being a standout. At 16yrs and 298 days became the youngest player to play in the Serbian SuperLeague when he came on against Napredak.

The League awards this season seemed to be aimed in one direction this season...again.

Dejan Milovanovic has claimed the Player of the Season, Managers Player of the Season, Fans Player of the Yearand the Top Scorer award scoring a total of 40, 26 of which were in the league. Both being club records...not bad for an AM.

The expectations of the board are the usual win all but do good in Europe.

I have $9 million+ transfer budget and $170,000 wage budget which i might move to transfers as i'm only spending $70,000 in wages rip-off much

Screen shots are available upon request of players or stats

Archived