Official LA Liga Clan [Established Clan]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Debtu:

How did my team get on last night??

Any chance you can load up the game Thursday Dunga so I can see how my team done, thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to recall you being unbeaten when you played Danny & that you beat Chelsea in Europe away from home.

Pretty sure you were top 6 when the evening ended

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmmmmmm who to belive its a toughy icon_confused.gif but going on past experiance the big guy has got to be pulling my leg, so cheers matt but either way i have lost to dungy which is never a good thing icon_mad.gif glad to know Chelsea lost as I am suffering after they beat us in real life last night even though we were all over them in the first half, so to all you spurs fans here (and there are to many imo, thanks for taking reo cocker of our hands as he was awfull last night icon_wink.gif)

Predictions

Danny - Sevilla

Retaining the league title is always harder than winning it in the first place, so with that in mind I can't see us walking off with the trophy again this season. While many clubs have spent big this pre season my board have decided to improve the stadium rather than the playing squad. I was lucky enough to secure the signing of D'Alessandro and Pablo on bosmans, added to the loan signings of Benedict, Ben Afra, Zokroa and Kalou I expect to finish in the top 3 this year. The Champions League in the number one priority because they where all the cash comes from icon_smile.gif.

Star Player: Eddie Johnson

Highest Transfer fee paid: Carlos Tevez 13 million

Highest Transfer fee received: Christian Poulsen 10 million

Predicted league finish: 2nd

Predicted Spanish cup: Semi Final

Predicted Champions League: Qtr Finals

Marc - Zaragoza

Another solid season fro Marc and his Zaragoza team, finishing 4th and making the all important cash cow that is the Champions League. After a couple of seasons having hardly two pennies to rub together the Zaragoza board have finally backed there manager with cash in the transfer market. Jol and Forti look like excellent signing for Marc's formation and to be honest would play well in most teams, I reckon they will go one better this season and finish La Liga in 3rd place and maybe bring home the Spanish cup for the fans.

Star Player: Pablo Amiar

Highest Transfer fee paid: Jol 10.75 million

Highest Transfer fee received: Diego Milito 8 million

Predicted league finish: 3rd

Predicted Spanish cup: Semi Final

Predicted Champions League: Qtr Finals

Carl - Betis

If it wasn't for a fixture pile up towards the end of the season I'm sure Carl would have also made the Champions League but the Uefa Cup run made his league form suffer late on. Once again the board have backed the biggest wheeler and dealer in the clan with another sizeable transfer budget. I believe Carl has made two mistakes this pre season, the first was selling free scoring Edu to A Madrid for a mere 2 million pounds and the second was spending 25 million on the overrated VDV icon_razz.gif. If Betis get of to a flying start to the season and are thereabouts after 10 games they could be an outside tip for the La Liga title but he may have to scafice the cups in order to achieve this and his squad are rather injury prone icon_frown.gif.

Star Player: Mauro Zarate

Highest Transfer fee paid: Rafael van der Vaart 25 million

Highest Transfer fee received: Rafael sobis 15.5 million

Predicted league finish: 5th

Predicted Spanish cup: Qtr Finals

Predicted Uefa Cup: Runners Up

Dave - Villarreal

Big Dave Williams is starting to build his team up after the first season neglect by Irish John, most notable was the signing of young Spanish wonder kid Bojan from Barcelona icon14.gif. A surprise to most was the Villarreal manager sold Riquelme to his former boss for his transfer value 6.5 million because on his day that lad can be the best attacking midfield player in the world but Dave felt his best days were behind him and only time will tell if he was right or not. I believe Dave and his Villarreal team will make a charge for a European place this season maybe via the Euro vase cup but I still feel he is a couple of players short of a top six team.

Star Player: Cani

Highest Transfer fee paid: Cristian Zapata 9 million

Highest Transfer fee received: Riquelme 6.5 million

Predicted league finish: 8th

Predicted Spanish cup: 5th Rd

Rick - Deportivo

Boutly and his Deportivo team were hit or miss last season and I'm sure the class manager that he is he be working harder to fix that. Deportivo were only a handful of teams that beat Sevilla last season so there is some class in that team and I feel Rick has taken the right steps in pre season buying the players that will make his team stronger this time around. Again I feel Deportivo will make Europe this time around after last seasons disappointment of missing out by one league place. The signing of Lincoln on a bosman plus Martinez and Canelle are sure to help Deportivo climb the league but I feel they are a little short of real fire power up front to challenge the big teams.

Star Player: Arizmendi

Highest Transfer fee paid: Alexis 7 million

Highest Transfer fee received: Riki 3.4 million

Predicted league finish: 7th

Predicted Spanish cup: 6th Rd

Matt - Osasuna

With a good core to the Osasuna team Matt is the right man to take them to the next level and bring home some silverware. There previous manager Simone had signed some good players with the likes of Borre, Sinkiewicz and Kone, also with a couple of short Champions League behind them their finances are strong so Matt has been able to strengthen the team further by bringing in some decent footballers to the club like Acuna, Portillo and De Ridder. Osasuna should make the Uefa cup this term and I wouldn't bet against them having a decent cup run also, the only negative that I can see from the new manager is he seems to prefer Mido over last seasons top scorer Kone icon_eek.gif.

Star Player: Raul Garcia

Highest Transfer fee paid: Acuna 4.1 million

Highest Transfer fee received: Lopez 7.25 million

Predicted league finish: 6th

Predicted Spanish cup: Semi Final[/i

Brian - Espanyol

The game is only in it's 3rd season but already Espanyol are on their 3rd human due to fact that Andrew and Stephen have left the clan, the Espanyol fans and board are hoping its a case of third time lucky with there new manager Brian. Espanyol aren't a bad team and this was proven in the first season when they made the Uefa cup final but they will live under the shadows of rival Barcelona and I doubt the will ever be able to complete with them in La Liga. Until Brian has a chance to bring in his own players and make the team his own I can't see them breaking into the top ten, so this season it will just be a question of slowly rebuilding the team left by the two previous managers.

Star Player: Ratinho

Highest Transfer fee paid: Nakamura 4.3 million

Highest Transfer fee received: N/A

Predicted league finish: 10th

Predicted Spanish cup: Se5th Rd

Simon II - Valencia

After last season awful finish and thereby sacking there manager Simon will be hoping for a better season, he has already got off to a great start in pre season with the bosman signing that everyone in the clan bid for and wanted, Yup despite Sevilla winning La Liga and Valencia only making the Euro Vase cup the lure of playing for Razor was too much and he choose to sign for them, over the past two seasons Razor transfer activities have be questionable to say the least with tens of millions of pounds wasted on players who were not fit enough to wear the Valencia shirt. Now with Torres and Villa spearheading there attack and another 20 odd million spent on players this season they should be one of the favorites for the title and I also think they have one of the best chances out of the human teams to win the Uefa cup.

Star Players: Villa and Torres icon_smile.gif

Highest Transfer fee paid: Huberschman 11.5 million

Highest Transfer fee received: Miguel 10 million

Predicted league finish: 1st

Predicted Spanish cup: Qtr Final

Predicted Uefa Cup: Winners

Simone II - A Madrid

Simone had a good first season in charge at Osasuna but in the 2nd year things turned sour and he was given the boot during the close season. Now si has decided for a fresh Challenge with A Madrid, unfortunaly their previous manager was hardly around so wonderkind Torres and Spanish international defender Pablo contract wasn't renewed so they both left the club on a bosman. With Aurgeo and Modric on board they have a couple of world class players but on the negative side the last manager also signed a few players who would look better in a OAP team such as far Ronaldo, water carrier Kluivert, cheating Rivaldo and the diving Pires, I'm sure Simone will be showing them the door asap. There is still a lot of talent at the club and personally I have always found A Madrid a hard team to play against and I'm sure there manager will be gunning for a Champions League place icon_smile.gif.

Star Player: Aguero

Highest Transfer fee paid: Kerzhakov 5 million

Highest Transfer fee received: Luiz Adriano 3.4 million

Predicted league finish: 4th

Predicted Spanish cup: Qtr Final

Predicted Uefa Cup: Semi Final[/i

John II - Recreativo

What drops more times in 5 hours than a hookers knickers icon_confused.gif? Johns useless computer icon_razz.gif. Its hard to comment on how Johns team is going to do this seasons because his computer is so crap that he can hardly finish a match all of last season. Hopefully the tight Irish git will be buying a new pc soon and he be able to continue his management duties without any more abruptions

Star Player: Ikeckukwu Uche

Highest Transfer fee paid: Rigueime 6.5 million

Highest Transfer fee received: Ignacio Camacho 150k million

Predicted league finish: 9th

Predicted Spanish cup: 5th Rd

Predicted Uefa Cup: Semi Final

Bring on season 3 icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Nice predictions Dungy although ithink there is a bit of gamesmanship predicting Razor to beat u to the title icon_wink.gif, I know he has spent enough to buy a small country but Seville once again look strong for the season, I hope to still be chalenging once my crippiling inj list clears up, and thankfully dont have to play big |Dave for a whille as he spanked me icon_redface.gif plus the suprise package of Matt performing above expectation, Carl and Razor going strong makes for a great season, bring it on icon_cool.gif

I might have to cancel tomorrow's session as there is a fault with my phone line, I phoned BT earlier and there is a problem at my local exchange but they couldn't say how long it take to fix etc. My connection is up and down all the time and the speed is really slow, I let you know tomorrow either way but its not looking good.

If my connection is still crap tonight I might just go to the pub and watch the footy as Rick can host anyway.

Only problem is that will give Razor the title as I'm only 5 points clear and my assistant doesn't usually do to well icon_frown.gif

Will let you know later icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

Good news Matty boy, from what I can remember your in the semi's of the Spanish cup and are still 3rd in the league icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crash & burn is due then icon_wink.gif

hi guys , i trust all is well

sorry couldnt come in last night , had the small matter of going to anfield to see the mighty reds dump chelsea out the champions league again (special one my a@se )

will try and come in on sunday but have my lil mans christening on sunday ...but to miss 2 sessions in a row will kill me

take care all and see you soon

latestaa0.jpg

This table is one session out of date.

Good news guys looks like the BB is fixed, just done a speed test and I'm getting 7 meg D/L speed. Its not prefect but hay its a lot better than what it was icon_smile.gif

I try and get the game off you Rick some time over the weekend mate.

Can't really do a session because I doubt if everyone can make it plus as Matty said Tottenham are playing tonight.

I will load up the game later and we can finish off preseason if you want. We would only have holiday it anyway.

Season 3 final table

season3gx7.jpg

Sevilla won the title for the 2nd year running icon_cool.gif.

Rick's Deportivo made the final of the Spanish cup but were beaten by Real Madrid 2-1 icon_frown.gif, also Matt and Big Dave William made the semi's.

Sevilla made the semi final of the UEFA cup but were well beaten by a good Ajax team icon_frown.gif.

Zaragoza had a good Champions League run, making the Qtr finals icon14.gif but losing to Chelsea.

Clan News:

Brian has been retired from the game for not turning up and Irish John is on leave until he can sort out his broadband but weather we are full or not he will always have a place open to him.

Roll on season 4 and I expect its going to be a lot closer in the league this season with some of the signing the guys have made. icon_smile.gif

this season is gonna be much fun me finks

all human teams seem very strong this year plus sevilla and zaragoza aint hitting top from yet which opens the door for us lesser managers

good luck all

see you all sunday

hi guys just a warning but ma internet connection has gone down and at the mo virgin not pulling their fingas out here bums to let us know when itl be back up and running

so hopefully for sunday but i dont know wether for certain il make it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

Thanks for Rick for hosting tonight icon14.gif

dudester no worries dude, just let me know when its sorted.

Barca4ever did you get my last email? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. I think your last email had the list of rules. The time(Which I forgot). And it said to be on MSN. I added like three of you guys and only one was on. But he never talked to me. So I dont know whats going on. I was hoping to take over a team before Pre-Season ends. But I guess its too late now. Ill just take over and deal with what I have. Just can never get you guys on MSN!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barca4ever:

Yes. I think your last email had the list of rules. The time(Which I forgot). And it said to be on MSN. I added like three of you guys and only one was on. But he never talked to me. So I dont know whats going on. I was hoping to take over a team before Pre-Season ends. But I guess its too late now. Ill just take over and deal with what I have. Just can never get you guys on MSN! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could try talking to them, I have so many people of my MSN that I don't always notice when someone signs on. Plus if it was me on msn on Sunday I was out for the night but my msn was on, be on tonight and we sort you out a team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

Sorry about the absence went better than i thought it would icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's ok you can blame another poor season on the pub this way icon_wink.gif

Archived