Official LA Liga Clan [Established Clan]

dannew2gj5.jpg

Hello and welcome to the official Spanish La Liga Clan thread. This is a new clan I am starting up that guarantees success, heartbreak and a whole lot of banter as the seasons go on icon_smile.gif. There are a few members from the FMEL still playing here plus a couple of additions.

We decided to try something different this time around after mainly playing in the English league for the last couple of years.

The clan plays two nights a week. Those two nights being Sunday and Tuesday. Both sessions will be 7pm till 12am Although I advice all members to be on msn at 6:30pm because that is when t+t starts.

This is more of a update thread and members can post if they want to but knowing how lazy our lot are, I wouldn't count on iticon_biggrin.gif

Teams

Marc - Zaragoza

Carl - Betis

Stephen - Espanyol

Simone - Osasuna

Simon - Valencia

John - Villarreal

Danny - Sevilla

Andrew - Athletic

Ideally once the first season is finished we are looking for a couple more members but please don't post in here about joining.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dannew2gj5.jpg

Hello and welcome to the official Spanish La Liga Clan thread. This is a new clan I am starting up that guarantees success, heartbreak and a whole lot of banter as the seasons go on icon_smile.gif. There are a few members from the FMEL still playing here plus a couple of additions.

We decided to try something different this time around after mainly playing in the English league for the last couple of years.

The clan plays two nights a week. Those two nights being Sunday and Tuesday. Both sessions will be 7pm till 12am Although I advice all members to be on msn at 6:30pm because that is when t+t starts.

This is more of a update thread and members can post if they want to but knowing how lazy our lot are, I wouldn't count on iticon_biggrin.gif

Teams

Marc - Zaragoza

Carl - Betis

Stephen - Espanyol

Simone - Osasuna

Simon - Valencia

John - Villarreal

Danny - Sevilla

Andrew - Athletic

Ideally once the first season is finished we are looking for a couple more members but please don't post in here about joining.

Marc - Zaragoza

Marc has picked a good starting team for the first season but a few of their best players are only on loan until the end of the season. I reckon Marc will have a good season with the team and break into the Champions League because in our last game he build a good solid formation, also without being any European torments this year his players should have that extra yard of sharpest in the league.

Star Player Pablo Aimar

Highest Transfer paid Joseba Llorente 4.2 million

Highest Transfer received Ewerthon 3.6 million

Carl - Betis

Betis were once the worlds richest club, but the days when they signed Denlison have long gone, Still a force to be reckoned with in the league Carl should gain a final position good enough in the league for a European place.

Star Player Rafael Sobis

Highest Transfer paid Theo Janssen 3.5 million

Highest Transfer received Cristian Pecci

Stephen - Espanyol

Espanyol are a good solid side in Li Liga and qualified for the Uefa cup this season via the Spanish cup. With Garica and Tamudo up front I'm sure they will score enough for a mid table finish.

Star Player Raul Tamudo

Highest Transfer paid Fernando 500k

Highest Transfer received Walter Pandiani 450k

Simone - Osasuna

One of the better teams to start with as Osasuna are a Champions League team. With a few million to spend on new players to add already to his top squad I'm sure Simone will be challenge for a Champions League place again with Osasuna.

Star Player David Lizoain

Highest Transfer paid Aruna Kone 4.7 million

Highest Transfer received Savo Milosevic 3 million

Simon - Valencia

Razor got the pick of the teams allowed for humans getting his hands on Valencia, a world class team with mainly Spanish players. They have class players in every department of the squad with the likes Villa, Joajuin and Ayala that spring to mind. With the extra TV money Valencia receive each season than the other human teams it will be up to him to put pressure on the top two of Barcelona and Madrid in the first couple of seasons.

Star Player David Villa

Highest Transfer paid Damien Duff 8.5 million

Highest Transfer received Miguel 10 million

John - Villarreal

Again John has landed on his feet with a good team in Villarreal, only a couple of years ago they were making the Champions League and playing some great football along the way. The only down point for John, is he has to wait a whole season before Juan Roman Riquelme comes back from his loan deal from Boca.

Star Player Cani

Highest Transfer paid Renato 3 million

Highest Transfer received none

Danny - Sevilla

Sevilla are more of a team of workers than superstar apart from Daniel Alves who I consider the world's best right back. Current holders of the Uefa cup I be looking to defend that title again this year and hopefully do enough in the league to keep my job, as usually my first season is nothing to write home about.

Star Player Daniel Alves

Highest Transfer paid Mauro Esposito 8 million

Highest Transfer received Frederic Kanoute 9.75 million

Andrew - Athletic

Poor Andrew really has taken up a hard task with Athletic, they may start with a good team but its going to be hard bring in new players due to the only signing Basque rule at the club.

Star Player Franciso Javier Yeste

Highest Transfer paid Gaizka Mendieta 375k

Highest Transfer received none

Good luck with this mate im sure it will be a success (this is lee by the way lost my old account details icon_biggrin.gif).

I may even join it when got a little bit more spare time icon14.gif

marcbadgens0.jpg

skylogo_default.gif

Today we report on the amazing scenes inside the La Romereda this week, it started with the surprise sacking of big Victor Fernandez, the appointment of complete unknown Marc Debieux ‘Debtu’.

Marc Debieux started his Zaragoza with a defeat to the mighty Real Madrid, Zaragoza missed two consecutive penalties, breeding rumours that the team weren’t happy with Debtu’s appointment, however the tide seems to be turning with a lucky 2-1 victory over Celta and a good win over much fancied Deportivo 2-0.

Reporter- caught up with Marc Debieux leaving a kebab shop late one night on the Spanish streets, here’s how the interview went.

Q- How did you come to be the new Zaragoza manager?

A- I was approached after my former team Merton Park had just gone top of the Sussex Sunday league 5th division with a 9-2 victory, as I was heading off for the Hackney Marsh’s changing rooms I was approached by Zaragoza chairman Eduardo Bandros and offered the job on the spot, as an uncompromising centre half in my hayday he felt I had the necessary qualities needed to take the club to the next level.

Q-What was your reaction to the job offer?

A- well it was a hard decision to leave my beloved Merton Park but the opportunity to leave Sunday league pub football for the glamour of La Liga football was to compelling.

Q- The media have commented that they expect you to have a tough season how do you predict the season turning out?

A- I have full faith in the current squad and expect a top six finish, if I can coop my transfer targets in the January sales I hope to push for a European place maybe in the Champions League.

Q- Have you identified for potential signings?

A- we need to increase the number of players in the first team squad as a few injuries would cripple us. More creativity is need on the wing and I want to bring in a young hungry striker to get us the goals to push us up the league.

Q-Finally who have you been most impressed with from your current squad?

A- Pablo Aimar

A fantastic attacking midfield player who’s heroics won us the game up at Deportivo, I expect many more performances of that nature if we are to progress.

Thats me signing off for now icon_smile.gif

Good session guys icon14.gif

With all my cup games I managed to play 19 games icon_eek.gif in a 5 hour session which is awesome for online play.

We will finish the season in the early part of Tuesday session and hopefully we have 2 new members joining us bring the number up to 10. icon_smile.gif

logovillareal.gif

1 March 07

PRESS CONFERENCE

Q.Mr O'Halloran how do u find life in Spain?

A.It's taken a while for me and my family to adjust our lifes to the spanish way of thinking but i think were getting there life in spain is alot diffrent to life in Ireland,this also effect my contol of the team having very little spanish at the start didnt help but my assistant was there to help me out when ever i needed a hand,he has now moved on to bigger and better things and his quality has shown as he is now a manager him self

Q.You havent enjoyed the best start at Estadio El Madrigal,do u think you can turn things around?

AAs i said above when u come to spain or any country thats speaks a diffrent language you are always going to have problems at the start but i know and the board and players know i am capable of turning things around.If the board didnt believe i could turn things around they wouldnt have agreed a new 3yr deal with me. .

Q.Do you think the absence of players such as Juan Roman Riquelme(on loan at boca),Robert Pires(out injured all season),Gonzalo Rodríguez(missed the first 3/4 of the season thruogh injury),Cani,Nihat both seeming to be injury prone throughout the season has hinderd the clubs progress under your management?

A.I think any team in the league would miss the players you have jus listed out to me,the players you have listed are player that would be in my first 11 week in week out no doubt,but im big enought not to complain about the injuries we have got and just to do my best for the club and do the board and fans proud come the end of the season

Q.Diego Forlán was joint top scored in spain the seasion before you arrived at the club,but even as your team struggle in the league and are out of every cup compition ,you still dont seem to be prepaired to take a game on the firey striker who is bound to be leaving Estadio El Madrigal come the closed seasion,why is this?

A.Yes we have struggled this seasion but we cannot pinpoint out lack of goals and our leaky defence at jus 1 player,were a team and we take the responsibility for every goal conceded as a team form me the manager to the boot boys,as for Diego form well i feel i have given him a fair chance to prove him self to me i ave started him in 10 game and ifhe is the quality striker we are lead to believe he should ave scored at least 1 goal in those 10 games but im not ruling him out,Diego has told me that when ever he puts on the yellow jersey he will give me 100% and thats wat we need from all our players,As soon as Diego has broken his duck this conversation will seem silly because if he gets a head of steam up the is no defence in this league that can stop him

TUNE IN AT THE SAME TIME TOMRO TO SEE PART 2 OF THIS EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH Villarreal BOSS JOHN O'HALLORAN

20060122_Liga_Villareal_Riquelme.jpg

(Juan Roman Riquelme doing what the Villarreal boss want to see him do now celebrating his goal)

1228_matias_fernandez_2_l.jpg

Matias Fernandez one of O Hallorans future stars

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carrick23:

Backstabbers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wield no swords or knife's icon_wink.gif

500px-Atletico_Madrid_logo.svg.png

SkySportsNews.jpg

Hello there and welcome to Sky Sports News.

Todays breaking story is the shock switch of Espanyol manager Stephen Cziraki to Atletico Madrid.

We now go live to the press conference being held at Estadio Vicente Calderon

Q. Why did you leave Espanyol?

A. I felt that after taking the team to the UEFA cup final and losing there was nothing else i could do with the team, we finished 9th narrowly missing out on european football.

Q. But why Madrid?

A. Well because Madrid are a massive club with massive players and i feel that they have been underachieving in recent years and that i can return them to their former glory.

Q. How do you feel the Atletico supporters are going to react seeing a relitivly unknown manager at the healm?

A. Im not quite sure really. i took Espanyol who were on of the favorites for relegation and i secured them a top 10 finish and a UEFA cup final which is magnificent for my first season in charge.

Q. How do you feel about your predecessors management of the team?

A. I dont wish to comment on other managers.

Q. But surely the sale of Maxi Lopez to Tottenham Hotspur had you raving?

A. Once again i dont wish to comment on other managers or his sales.

Q. Do you have any Potential Signings?

A. I have already loaned Theo Walcott for the season with the option to buy him for 6.5 million. I am also looking into the possibility of signing Robert Pires.

Q. Do you not thing Pires is getting on a bit?

A. I dont think that at all. Being an avid Arsenal fan i watched him for 6 years and he is a truly magnificent player. He has been rather basque at Villareal but i feel that under the right management he can return to his former glory and help take Atletico to the top.

Q. Do you have any ambitions for your 1st season in charge of Madrid?

A. Every manager wants to win in Europe and in their Respective leagues but i think that Realisticly this season i just want to get Champions League football for next season and my team is going to Thrive to win the UEFA cup.

Q. How do you feel about the appointment of Former Athletic manager Andrew Youdale taking over at Espanyol?

A. I am no longer connected to Espanyol so who they sign and who they dont sign is their choice but i feel that Andrew has the potential to become a great manager and take Espanyol further than i did. With a few decent signings he can do that.

Q. And lastly, Moving from Barcelona to Madrid, from one great city to another, How has your life changed first of all since moving to spain and then from Barcelona to Madrid in the space of 2 short years?

A. Well, firstly my family wanted to move to spain. The weather here is brilliant, The culture is magnificent and i am really enjoying my time here. And upon moving from Barcelona to Madrid it was quite a change for me as Barcelona had beach's and such but the fact i could not use them really didnt make any difference and im just happy to be at such a big club with fantastic supporters, Location doesnt matter when it comes to such a big club.

So there we have it then...the new Atletico Madrid manager and his thoughts on Spain and such...We have conformation that he will be doing another press conference after his 2nd match in charge which is against Spainish Giants Barcelona.

League Table Season 06/07

latest1ob1.jpg

Simon - Valencia

As expected Valencia finished the highest of the human teams, just beating Marc's Zaragoza by 3 points. In the Champions League Valencia should have easily won there weak group but instead came 2nd and because of that faced AC Milan in the first knockout stage. Well beaten by AC Milan over both legs so there European dream end there.

League Place: 2nd

Spanish Cup: Qtr Final

Champions League: 1st Knockout Rd

Marc - Zaragoza

Under Zaragoza Marc was able to finish 3rd in La Liga and secure Champions League football for them, Pablo Aimar was in stunning form for Marc this season and with the big clubs sniffing around it be interesting to see if they can keep hold of there star player next season.

League Place: 3rd

Simone - Osasuna

A solid season for Osasuna in the league making the Champions League for the 2nd year running tho Simone will be hoping his team make a better show of themselves next time around as they got knocked out the Champions League and Uefa cup early doors.

League Place: 4th

Spanish Cup: Semi Finals

Champions League: 3rd in Group

Uefa Cup: 2nd Knockout Rd

Danny - Sevilla

I was hoping for a better league finish but with all the cup games we played, it took its toll on my players. Sevilla won the Uefa cup for the second year running and also made the Spanish cup final only to get narrowly beat by Real Madrid.

League Place: 7th

Spanish Cup: Runners up

Uefa Cup: Winners icon_biggrin.gif

Carl - Betis

Carl managed to get Betis into the Uefa cup despite having a bad run of form towards the end of the season, so he was happy with that. Betis suffered from bad injuries this season so if he can get that sorted out then he will be up near the top of the table next year.

League Place: 8th

Spanish Cup: 4th rd

Stephen - Espanyol

Stephen done a fine job at Espanyol making the final of the Uefa Cup against your truly icon_smile.gif, a 3-2 defeat in the match was was the correct result but just making the final in your first season is a good result.

League Place: 9th

Spanish Cup: 4th Rd

Uefa Cup: Runners up

John - Villarreal

Without any real money John couldn't improve his defence which was his team real weakness, having Juan Roman Riquelme back from his season long loan we help Villarreal next season and with some cash, a good centre back will improve the team no ends

League Place: 12th

Spanish Cup: 5th Rd

Uefa Cup: 1st Knockout Rd

Andrew - Athletic

An awful season for Andrew taking Athletic down finishing bottom of the league, to be fair he couldn't sign many players due to the Basque rule but still with the players he had in his team he should have done better.

League Place: 20th

As the game run lag free and without any problems we are going to open up two more places. Email me if you would like to join, please do not post in here.

you may think that jordan but these guys are very good at what they do

in single player i allways win the league but online play seems to be so much different

anyway ...good luck laters guys , betis are gonna get ya

i dunno how to quote what people just said but i was reading through this thread and feel that that last thing wi11iams wrote was a bit harsh i read through this and quite enjoyed what these people were doing and they shouldnt have to have people like you criticising them, you should keep your comments to yourself mate p.s good thread lads looking good so far keep it up icon14.gif

887ct7.gif

Sevilla win Uefa cup

Mauro Esposito opened the scoring for Sevilla after only 4 minutes but Espanyol hit back with there first effort on goal via Raul Tomudo on 9 minutes

Christian Poulsen saw his best chance brilliantly saved by Carlos Idriss Kameni.

Mauro Esposito scored again after a awesome solo run that tore open Espanyol defense just before half time in the 44th minute, second half Delgado added a third on 54 minutes to kill off the Espanyol spirit but they set up a nervous final 7 minutes when Ivan De La Pena scored to make it 3-2 on the night.

Sevilla dominated the first half, and they were almost ahead inside two minutes when Daniel Alves sent a rising drive inches wide.

Espanyol response was a powerful free-kick from Diarra, which was struck straight at Palop.

But Sevilla were in the ascendancy, and twice it took interventions from Marc Torrenjon and goalkeeper Carlos Idriss Kameni to deny Eddie Johnson and Mauro Esposito.

Adriano shot narrowly over three minutes later as Espanyol failed to get to grips with a fluent Sevilla side.

Espanyol made half-time changes, with Luis Garcia coming on for the out of sorts Fernando.

Cziraki went for broke after our third goal but they never looked like scoring the 2 goals they would need to bring the game into extra time,

The only negative from the game for Sevilla was Eddie Johnson was taken off after 78 minutes with a broken foot and will now miss the next 3 to 4 months.

sevillawin4lp4.jpg

Sevilla: Palop, Alves, Adriano, Davies, Escude, Poulsen, Navas, Arfa, Esposito, Delgado, Johnson (Kerzhakov 76).

Subs Not Used: Cobeno, Hinkel, Maresca, Fabiano. Simic and Puerta.

Booked: N/A.

Espanyol: Kameni, Velasco, Chica, Lacruz, Torrejon, Zabelata (Garica 45), Fernando (Rufete 55), Diarra, Pena, Tamudo, Moha.

Subs Not Used: Hilario, O'Cearuill, Denilson and Zamora.

Booked: Zabelata and Pena.

Goals: Mauro Esposito 4 & 44, Cesar Delgado 54

Raul Tomudo 9, Ivan De La Pena 83

Man of the match: Mauro Esposito

SkySportsNews.jpglogoatleticomadrid.gif

'...Said to be out for 3 to 4 months. Moving on to La Liga and Atletico Madrid's 9 game unbeaten run was ended today by Almeria. Speaking in a press conference today Manager Steven Cziraki stated that he felt that after beating Real Madrid and then losing to 15th place Almeria was a big blow.

Q. After beating Real Madrid how was the morale in the Atletico dressingroom?

A. Brilliant. I think that win will really show the team that they can win because they are winners, im a winner and the fans and the board know this but losing today was a big blow because we feel we are strong title contenders and being in 3rd place with a game in hand on 2nd placed Barcelona shows that we are no pushovers.

Q. You were awarded a penalty in the match which was missed by Luiz Adriano...Will you be changing your penalty takers?

A. Fernando is still an Atletico player and he will be until his contract runs out. He hasnt turned down contracts as you put it he has merely put them on hold while he checks all options. However if he no longer wants to be an Atletico player then he, As do all the other players, knows where the door is and if he wants to be transfer listed it will be done after much hesitation.

Steven Cziraki there with some harsh words to his team.

A. Certainly not. Luiz was unlucky to miss the penalty and in all fairness i feel that it should have been a red but the ref did not think that and as we all know regardless of how managers feel about the refs performance it will make no difference whatsoever and i fully back Arsene Wengers plea for replays being shown to refs during the game.

Q. Its understood that Torres is going to be out for a while...Any indication on how long and also who will be filling in for him?

A. Fernando is injured, he has torn the ligament on his right lower leg and will be out for 2-3 months. I have many many injuries at the moment so baring that in mind i dont really want to disclose who i will be using until all players who are currently injured have another medical examination.

Q. Torres has turned down 2 contract offers now...will he be at the club much longer?

dannew2gj5.jpg

Marc - Zaragoza

I expect Marc to have a bit of a topsy turvy season, that will be worse league wise than last season due to a lot of his loan players going back to there clubs, if he fails to qualify for the Europe and if he makes his traditional early exit in the cups, I can't see the board and fans being to happy with that, I reckon with the limit additional quality he should gain an automatic European qualification position in the league, as long as he does not play Valencia too often icon_smile.gif.

Dave - Villarreal

Decent team but has not strengthened so far. However with decent core of players and you'd think a decent amount of money, he will be looking to gain a place in Europe. A Liverpool fan but you can't hold that against him icon_razz.gif Williams will go either way by being one of Villarreal best managers or one of the worse, and remember that takes some doing best there last manager was John icon_wink.gif.

Carl - Betis

If his key players stay fit, then he should do well, but with a brittle squad, he may be vulnerable with a few players on the treatment table. If he has a bit of luck, then he can make Europe, but if not he could fall short. As a positive he has a solid defence/GK so he should be tight at the back and with the takeover big spending Carl will have even more money at his disposal.

Simone - Osasuna

I think Simone has signed some good players in his time as boss of Osasuna and he will be looking to play a bigger part in the Champions League this time around. Carlos Vela loan move from Arsenal could be one of the signing of the season and I reckon Simone will repeat his feet of a top 4 finish again this season.

Danny - Sevilla

I have quality all over the park and nothing less than a top 4 finish and I will look upon that as a disappointing season, and I doubt the board or fan would tolerated it....an interesting battle with Razor should ensue. Pazzini and Johnson will get the goals and defence is sturdy enough with the addition of Woodgate.

Simon - Valencia

I've seen first hand that his midfield is quality and will create chances for the strikers. If Villa can stick them in the net, then I can see Valencia mounting a title challenge, its certainly possible. However maybe they are a little poorer at the back and with the creaking legs of Ayala, it could prove his undoing...still it least be a top four place again.

Rick - Deportivo

Ex EPL Legend and FMEL flop is back icon_biggrin.gif, yes Rick "one season wonder" has taken over the job of once great Deportivo to try and change around there fortunes. It going to be a hard task but Rick has always built solid formations so I expect him to climb the league once he has signed a couple of his little gems he has been taking about. The main flaw in Ricks managerial ability is how often he spends down the pub missing vital games for his team.

Andrew II - Espanyol

Ummmmm, has some good players, but overall he lacks depth of La Liga quality players. I think his success could be determined by how he plays the transfer market, as I believe he definitely lacks the quality to push up the table. When you look at rival squads,and managers, you cant help but think of him as a poor mans Recreativo. The signing of Brazilian Ratinho will add a bit of class to the team and Tamudo will always score you goals.

Stephen II - Atletico

Poor old Stephen has had pc trouble of late and had hardly managed any games but with the players at his disposal, mainly Torres Stephen should finish high up in La Liga. The manager has already stated that he wants to win the Uefa cup this season after his disappointment of the final last season icon_biggrin.gif.

John II - Recreativo

Another member who suffered pc trouble while he was manager of Villarreal but now John has finally spent some of his cash on a brand new one icon_smile.gif, he is ready to show everyone what a good manager he is. Recreativo have a good team and there is talk that they have a bit of cash to spend on new players, so if John spends it wisely they will make Uefa next season at least.

knew betis had it in them ...just need a little bit more money to get another cultured striker and im laffin ..not sure the chairman will agree ..he allready sick of my buy now pay later tactics heheheh

great sesh last night and a interesting season guys

Cheers guys great season, just pipped you at the end Carl and was a good race for 4th spot. Looking forward to nocking Dungy from the top next season as i know i will have to listen to his boasting all weekend now icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

Games up guys for t&t until the Spurs match starts, usual ip. My MSN isn't working that why I'm posting in here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dannew2gj5.jpg

*****CLAN NOTICE*****

We have two new members joining from Sunday, Brian taking over Espanyol and my former host and all round top bloke Matt taking over Osasuna.

Andrew and Stephen have been retired from the clan due to bad attendance.

Razor has retaken Valencia and Simone has taken A.Madrid after there sacking icon_razz.gif

osasuna.jpg

Osasuna turn to a Hooker for success

Well quite frankly I feel pity for Osasuna fans because after nearly 2 years out of playing FM online I've been given them as my club to make my mistakes with before I become any use. I was reasonably happy with the squad I was left with by Simone as there was a good mix of youngsters who I felt were ok to play or be backup for my team. Infact I felt I only needed to sign 4 new players for my first team, I did want a new goalkeeper as Ricardo is getting on a bit but unfortunately financially I couldnt stretch to that so had to accept investing elsewhere.

In the end after taking a long look about I was able to add Mido (Spurs), Carlos Javier Acuna (Cadiz), Daniel De Ridder (Celta) & Michel Schmoller (Figueirense) for a combined fee of £11.6m which I think was good business seeing most of the cheaper options were gone from the first 2 seasons play.

That leaves my first team looking like this

GK - Ricardo

DR - Anthony Vanden Borre

DL - Enrique Corrales

DC - Rodrigo Defendi

DC - Lukas Sinkiewicz

DMC - Michel Schmoller

MR - Daniel De Ridder

ML - Ludovic Delporte

AMC - Raul Garcia

FC - Mido

FC - Carlos Jvier Acuna

Whilst I am aware this isnt a star studded team I've tried to give it good balance across the park but it's extremely young especially in defence & the midfield 4 so the first season I really dont want to target anything but a finish around 10th place.

Shock start.........

Well I wasnt expecting to get many points from my first 5 or 6 games so I was extremely happy to have picked up 6 points from my first 2 games to leave me top of the league on goal difference. A battling home game against Simone's Athletico resulted in them creating more chances but only managing 4 shots on target from there 11 attempts which ultimately cost then as I managed to score 2 goals from 6 shots on goal. A screamer from Malbranque early on stunned the opposing team & that was followed up by a good headed goal from a corner by substitute Jacques Faty. I was happy that whilst it wasnt a dominant display my team showed they were strong in defence to stifle most chances & clinical enough in front to get the win.

I followed this up with another 2-0 win against Gimnastic thanks to 2 goals from my main goal hope Acuna, he showed enough in this game where he could have got 4 or 5 goals very easily if it wasnt for a big performance from there goalkeeper. I fully expect Acuna to score 20 goals this season & as long as he finds this form then I may push on towards the top 8.

I forgot to mention Mido being injured in the first game & will miss the next 4 months of the season which was a massive blow to me as I only had 1 other striker who was previously injured.

I therefore opted after Arouna Kone wanted me to pay him £11k p/w to move that I'll keep him until christmas before letting him go when Mido comes back.

Archived