|Training help

I'm currently Heart of Midlothian in the SPl and into my 3rd season. My 1st season i won the SPl and Scottish Cup and also reached the last 32 Europa League, 2nd season i won the domestic treble and also reached the last 16 of Europa League. From the start i've basically had the players on general training ie: strikers on finishing/shooting but i've noticed that although i'm winning the league and doing well my players arent really improving this is from the youth right through to my senior teams. I have a good range of coaches which are on average 4 stars so they are decent for the club and wages i can afford.

The youth players seem to stagnate in the U19s team and dont really progress into their full potential and this summer i signed 4-5 cracking young lads who are straight into my 1st team.

So really i'm wondering is their anything i should be doing training wise to get the maximum out of these guys and make them the best i can??

The clubs just agreed to pay £4mil into improving the academy and training facilities and should be complete by end of season

any feedback would be great thanks Kev

Well to get the best out of them then you need to create specific individual schedules tailored to shape the player who you wnat them to be for the role they play for your club.

Have a read of these -

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279009-FM2012-Training-And-Match-Prep-Masterclass

That thread explains how training works in general and is a must read.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289528-The-SI-Sports-Centre-All-You-Need-To-Know-About-FM

The 2nd thread I talk about and track progress of a few of my good youths, so its worth a read as you might get a few ideas.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/300079-Creating-a-Player

And thirdly this thread is turning into a real cracker :)

Hope it helps

The reason your players aren't developing is probably that they are too good for the leagues they play in (SPL for your first teamers and U19s for your youngsters), they won't get stimulated to improve in a league that is below their abilities. That, coupled with your facilities, is why they aren't improving. With individual schedules you can probably change their shape around a bit and help them progress a bit, but it won't be anything massive.

These are the things you can/should do:

-Keep bringing in better players to improve the standard of the league as a whole with your performances in Europe.

-Give your youngsters games at a level that is higher than that of the youth league.

-Improve your facilities to a top level to squeeze extra gains from the players.

These three things will help your players improve a bit in the short term, but in the long term the facilities and the improved level of the league will make a big difference to the improvements that your players make. Unfortunatley there is no magic short term training solution to your problem, but dynamic league reputation should help with it in due time.

training schedules dont help your players gain CA, they help you control how the CA gain is distributed, but its not some kind of magic trick that improves your players

so if your players are not improving, then training schedules are not the problem, its clearly something else that you are not doing right, like not improving players personalitys by mentoring or not giving your youngsters enough first team football

Archived