My keeper won't pass to my defender anymore

The last few days I noticed that my keeper won't pass to my defender anymore. I always tell my keeper to give the ball to one of my defenders and then select a specific player to receive the pass, curently my left fullback. This always seemed the only way to prefent your keeper from hoofing the ball forward, but now my keeper just seems to ignore my instructions. I tried it with two different clubs and different tactics, but I just can't get my keeper to do what I want. Are you guys experiencing the same problem? I figured this might have something to do with a patch... If not, what instrutions did you gave to your keeper?

The last few days I noticed that my keeper won't pass to my defender anymore. I always tell my keeper to give the ball to one of my defenders and then select a specific player to receive the pass, curently my left fullback. This always seemed the only way to prefent your keeper from hoofing the ball forward, but now my keeper just seems to ignore my instructions. I tried it with two different clubs and different tactics, but I just can't get my keeper to do what I want. Are you guys experiencing the same problem? I figured this might have something to do with a patch... If not, what instrutions did you gave to your keeper?

It's nothing to do with a patch.

Have you set his creative freedom high? Make sure that somehow the settings haven't rest and he still is instructed to pass to the defender. What's his passing set to short?

Thanks for your answers. I didn't adjust any of his settings except for the two I mentioned. As I was playing with a normal and direct passing style, his passing was a bit below or above the middle most of the time. His creative freedom was quite low all the time and his crossing aim was set to mixed, while crossing from deep.

The strange thing is that usually your keeper would almost always play short passes if you told him to give the ball to a specific defender, no matter what is other settings were. At the moment I just finished the season. In the upcoming friendlies I'll experiment with your suggestions. I'll let you know if I have the solution.

Archived