FM12: Real Oviedo !Volveremos a la Primera!

Stumpy0126

Welcome to the Real Oviedo Thread for Football Manager 2012

2hg4hgh.png

HISTORY

Real Oviedo (commonly nicknamed Los Carbayones, Los Azules, Oviedistas) is a Spanish football club based in Oviedo, Spain in the autonomous community of Asturias, and currently play in the Segunda Division B - Group 1.

Real Oviedo was formed in 1926 as a result of the merger of two clubs that had maintained a bitter rivalry for years in the city of Oviedo: Oviedo Real Stadium Club and Real Club Deportivo de Oviedo. Real Oviedo first reached La Liga seven years later. Between 1933–36, the team gained success because of their revolutionary approach to football tactics. Their attacking quartet of Emilin, Galé, Herrerita and Isidro Langara (all represented Spain in this period), as well as Casuco and Ricardo Gallart modernised the game with their pace and running off the ball tied with sharp passing and one-touch football, played in a style 30/40 years before its time, being dubbed Delanteras Eléctricas ("The electric forwards"); all this was connected with a rigid training and fitness regime started by a former manager of the club, Fred Pentland.

Real Oviedo were the first team, to represent the region in La Liga, and have played in the top division for 38 seasons. The last time Oviedo secured promotion into La Liga they stayed there for 13 seasons in succession until 2000-2001, a record that puts them 7th in the all time list of consecutive appearances in the top division. The time prior to the the 2000-2001 season is regarded as Oviedo's “heyday”, when they fielded the likes of Stan Collymore, Robert Prosinecki and Paulo Bento in their side, and when they represented Spanish football in the UEFA Cup, going down in the first round to Genoa in 1990/1991 after finishing 6th in La Liga. Indeed they also share a bizarre feat, alongside Zaragoza and Español, of being the only teams to have held one of the top three positions in La Liga in at least three seasons, yet have never won the title.

After the highs of the 1990's, came the inevitable the lows. A club crippled financially, perilously close to extinction, whose players turned up at training one day to find the electricity cut off; that had spent over half their 75-year history in the First Division, and a solitary year in Segunda B, only to suddenly find themselves languishing down where most clubs get abandoned and forgotten. A club, nonetheless, who are emerging from the dark tunnel, whose fans would not resign themselves to their fate. A club on their way up at last – thanks to the supporters. Real Oviedo are no AFC Wimbledon, they are not a fans’ collective – indeed, a new major shareholder has just appeared. They are, however, a club who would have long since gone under had it not been for the reaction of their supporters, the backing of a community that thought they deserved better. That Real Oviedo were in the wrong place has been proven by game after game this season and last. For two years, fans have turned up and squeezed in at pitches all over the province that had no stands and could barely deal with hundreds, let alone Real Oviedo, while against their historic rivals, Sporting Gijon, this season, 16,000 attended – despite the fact that Oviedo were in fact playing Sporting B rather than Sporting themselves. (Real Oviedo B versus Sporting B in Segunda B, a division above, used to attract a couple of hundred fans.) Against Club Astur, the city’s other team and one fast becoming the target of real hatred, the scenes were even more bizarre. Astur play on the council-owned astroturf pitch behind Real Oviedo’s 25,000-capacity Carlos Tartiere stadium, a ground with a capacity for 200 visiting supporters (around 1,000 in total), plus a few hundred more on the grassy banks above it. Not nearly enough for the “travelling” support, so Oviedo opened up the Tartiere, allowing over 2,500 fans, paying a voluntary entrance fee, to watch the game from the gangways of their own stadium overlooking the pitch next door. An away match watched from home.

What more can be said about a group of supporters who still turn out in vast numbers to watch games in the lower reaches of the Spanish league system, in a stadium that in the past held games in the World Cup in 1982.

Club Legends: Diego Cervero, Carlos Tartiere, Langara, Herrerita

Club Icons: Carlos Munoz, Marius Lacatus, Robert Prosinecki, Nenad Gracan, Slavisa Jokanovic, Antonio Gorriaran, Michu, Santi Cazorla, Paulo Bento, Janko Jankovic

Favored Personnel: Victor Onopko, Yeray Ortega

Derbies: Derbi Asturiano (vs. Sporting)

Fierce Rivals: Sporting

Other Rivals: Racing

Do you have what it takes to lead them to La Liga?

ORGULLO VALOR Y GARRA

Cartel2avuelta.jpg

(credits to: Wikipedia; WorldSoccer.com - Rebirth of Oviedo; Craig Williams, Spanishfootball.info - Real Oviedo, Real who?;RealOviedo.es)

Estadio Carlos Tartiere:

Imagen-016.jpg

Capacity: 30,500 spectators, all seated, plus 22 VIP boxes and 200 seats in the presidential box.

Stadium Condition: Very Good

Playing Surface: Grass

Ammenities: The field has a total of eight changing rooms for teams, coaches and referees. The team's dressing room also has a water area and physiotherapy, in this part of the building there is also a space for a clinic and one for the antidoping control.

History: Hosted 1982 World Cup game; UEFA Cup 1990-1991

Field Dimensions: Length: 105m (Max 117m), Width: 68m (Max75m)

Corporate Facilities: Average

Training Facilities: Average

Youth Facilities: Basic

Other FM Info:

Finances: Okay

Avg Ticket Price: 15 Euros

Avg Season Ticket Price: 124 Euros

Season Ticket Holders: 15,000

Estimated Value: 2.5M Euros (Loan Debt: 3.6 Euros)

Media Prediction: 6th

Transfer Budget: 20K Euro with Top half finish; Winner = 28K

Payroll: 35K Euro with Top half finish; Winner = 39.5K

Junior Coaching: Adequate

Youth Recruitment: Average

Affilliates: Vetusta (B team) - Tercera G II = Players can move freely between clubs

Pumarin
- Tercera G II = Players can move freely between clubs (didn't work for me); first option to Real Oviedo

Cultural Leonesa
- Tercera G VIII = Parent club with annual friendly with gates to Real Oviedo (kill this one)

Caudal
- Tercera G II = First option to Real Oviedo

Astur
- Regional Preferente (Asturias) = First option to Real Oviedo

Playing Staff:

Overall you have a decent team to take at minimum 6th in the league with the current squad. If you really want to take the team to Alidente and beyond you'll need to make some changes and sell some players IMHO. The evaluations are my opinion so do please take it with a grain of salt. Also note that you are limited to just 22 spots MAX (20 outfield and 2 GK)and are limited to 16 players over the age of 23 in the squad (Over 25 for the Keepers who included in this count). Anyone under 18 or younger before 1/1/12 are not required to be registered. Pick wisely!

GK: Francisco Javier Lledo, Dani Barrio

Summary: Neither are good enough and should be either released (can't sell either of them being new to the club) or move them to the B team (Vetusta in game).

Suggest Targets: Biel Ribas - Free; Fernando Laforia - Fee to River Plate(URU) ~ 16K Euro

CB: Lucien Owona, Alfonso Artabe, Cesar Negredo, Jorge Rodriquez

Summary: Owona is young and needs development but you probably can't afford his composure (red cards) in every other match so send him down to Vetusta. Artabe is listed from the get go, but like Owona is young and needs time. De-list him and move to Vetusta. Negredo is your best defender, good old head to teach the youngsters. Your choice to keep him. Rodriquez is slower of the two. Sell him and use the transfer for a younger faster defender.

Suggested Targets: Juan Camilo Saiz - Loan; Alejandro Gonzalez - Fee to Penarol ~ 50K Euro; Luis Cardozo - Fee to Cerro Porteno ~ 80K Euro; Mihael Kovacevic - Free (converted to CB from RB)

FB: Juanpa, Robert, Juanma, Javi Toyos, Ivan Candela

Summary: Out of the bunch only Candela is worth it, and is also the team captain by default. Depends on the save that. Robert and Javi need time, which you don't have so they should be moved to Vetusta. Juanpa and Juanma both are long in the tooth and while versatile should be sold for something young and exciting.

Suggested Targets: Inigo Sarasola - Free; Aldo Corzo - Fee to Unv. San Martin ~ 10K Euro; Nicolas Molina - Free(U18 - Yth)

CM: Ricki, Pascual, Aitor Sanz, Pelayo, Davo

Summary: Spine of the team, two for the future possibly in Ricki and Davo, who should be sent to Vetusta. Plan on fighting to keep Sanz as he's got a lot of big teams sniffing after him. IMHO he's a keeper for a while. Pelayo has the goods to play above this level and just needs games another keeper. Pascual is good and probably not going to find better who isn't cheaper or will take time to gel.

Suggested Targets: Mathias Cardacio - Free

Wings: Paul Abasolo, Jandrin, Miguel Falcon, Xavi More, Nano

Summary: Jandrin needs more time so send him to Vetusta. More is the Vice Captain, at least in my save and therefore not easy to sell and on the whole is good enough for a season or two. Nano will be a must have for this and next level so de-list him and keep him as a backup. Check this

. Abasolo and Falcon just aren't good enough and should be sold for a tidy profit.

Suggested Targets: Nicloas Colazo - Loan; Xisco Nadal - Free

Forwards: Oscar Martinez, Manu Busto, Borja Rubiato, Martins

Summary: Despite his midfield lob that made him famous on

, Martins is expendable. Problem is you can't sell him as he's new to the club so send him down to Vetusta. Hopefully you'll bring them up in a season or two to the Segunda. I actually liked the old heads in the front line and in watching them play they worked, the other parts was you can't really sell them as one or two are new to the club.

Suggested Targets: Jacob Murillo - Loan(U18); Marco Nazareno - Loan(U18); Jonathan Rodriguez - Free; Moussa Coulibaly - Stade Malien ~ 110K Euros

Backroom Staff:

Clear out the lot of them... start fresh and don't look back!

Limited to the following: 1 AssMan, 2 Coaches, 1 GK Coach, 1 Fitness Coach, 1 First Team Coach(can't make this a Coach), 1 Youth Coach, 2 Physios, 6 Scouts

Will post my staff later...

Formations:

341963_Real_Oviedo_S_A_D_.jpg

Thanks fellas! It has taken me a while to post, but I felt I had to do it this time!

Appreciate the compliments for a post I did while half sleep deprived and the other half of the time frustrated beyond belief that my browser would shut down because of the font color tool! At least I tried to do it some justice! :)

@ Heathxxx... Thanks! Your Granada and Cadiz threads were my inspiration though I wish I had as much insight as you do with the team. The Real Oviedo researcher knows their stuff!

Alright on to business...

Initially I was planning on a German/Belgian LLM save and so started in June 2011. After trawling this forum I realized that I've enjoyed previous FM saves in Segunda B (Real Sociedad, Cadiz to name a few) and decided that I'd go with team that shares my current hometown's name.... no I'm not in Spain. After reading the history and more than a few YouTube vids I decided to give it a go.

Backroom Staff:

Having started in June gave me a real advantage in sorting out this mess.

Literally no one was worth keeping, based on stats alone... probably the same could be said about me!

After showing everyone the door I started fresh but couldn't quite find decent Spanish staff that would:

1. Would come to my Segunda B team
  2. Take low enough wages to be affordable

My solution was to go foreign...

• AssMan = Alberto Torra (COL) makes almost as much as I do but worth it
  • Coach = Ivan Valenciano (COL) - only one with decentish attack attributes that would come for reasonable wages
  • Coach = Felix Canero (ESP) - only local who would come to me for reasonable wages, could also be AssMan if others don't come
  • GK Coach = Orlando Emilio Granados (COL) - good free GK coach who wouldn't rob me for wages!
  • Fitness Coach = Luis Eduardo Rios (COL) - good at his job but mouthy in the backroom with suggestions on how certain players should be listed. I mostly ignore what he says.
  • Youth Coach = Arnold Scholten (NED) - I paid a fee for him but my intent is to grow/buy/steal good youth through the academy and he'll help develop them for me. I hope!
  • Physios = Misael Ruiz and Hector Fabio Cruz (COL) - Seems it was raining unemployed Columbian staff in my save, but these two will do the business.
  • Scouts = Jose Manuel Tarraga and Andoni Lakaberg (ESP) - these two were decentish frees for local affordable scouts.
  • Scouts = Goncalves and Wil Rogrigues (BRA) - You have the ability to scout Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina from the start, so these were the best free/cheap locals I could find.
  • Scout = Andrzej Szarmach (POL) - Another cheap free who knows peeps over the Pyrenees and other places.
  • Scout = Mogi Bayat (IRN) - Another fella who I was surprised to see answer the advert, but he took the low wages so on he went.

The Rest

Having settled on my staff I started flogging off those who I considered deadwood, as I mentioned in my Playing Staff analysis. Most of them went to Jaen, which I thought was surprising as they had at or near the limit for over 23y/o players already. I signed all the frees and loans I could, the ones mentioned in my suggested targets, before signing players with fees. Even though I went with the Winner selection I wanted as much funds in case I got into a bidding war or needed to adjust wages... turns out I didn't need to but better safe than sorry!

I also went about having my scouts help me catch the youth castoffs from the surrounding countries that would come to me and just needed more time to develop. I immediately put them in our U-18 team as we had a few gray players. Only exception was Monlina because he was young enough to not hit my squad limit and could plug the gap for a season. Best part is he wanted a Yth contract, so I can't complain. As the year progressed I managed to convince the board to up the funding of the youth recruitment network and improve the youth training facilities. This should help Scholten build my future stars/money makers going forward. Now I just have to sign a few African regens for him and we should be printing money.

One piece of advice/suggestion is to schedule a few more (not every day) friendlies as this is very much needed to let the team gel and work out who will start. I decided I would stay with a static tactic, see above, and just rotate my two XI's each game and just tweak player instructions in the ME. So far barring injuries it's working... went undefeated in friendlies, in which I managed to get a game or two with teams in Group 1.

So far half way through the season and we've been on an amazing run in the league and Cup. Currently walking the league and been extremely lucky with the draws in Cup (all first legs wins @ home!) might be the giant killer like Mirandes IRL! Also convinced the board to improve the first team training facilities, both it and the youth should be done in Oct 2012.

Here is the starting line up:

341927_Real_Oviedo_S_A_D_.jpg

Here is the second line up with my rotating forwards:

341930_Real_Oviedo_S_A_D_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cool! came across this thread when i searched Real Oviedo. I am currently on my only spanish save (only spain loaded) now with Real Oviedo.

I am now in Oct 2011. Transfer, Team and Staff for 2012 in B1.

I had to move many new young signings (who doesn't seem potential enough even if i kept them) to Vetusta. Suppose to be able to move freely to Pumarin but the option wasn't there for me(do you know why?)

Brought in only free transfers. Due to 16 above 23 players and 22 for squad limit, i had to trim and sell of some senior players which i would love to keep but are either not that good or wanted by other clubs. Had to let falcon and alfonso go free because of the 16 limit above 23, keeping them unregistered and drawing wages for me or Vetusta seems pointless.

Also got some good prospects youngsters in on the free but had to put them into U19s due to squad limit and to give them some playtime in u19.

realoviedotransfer2011.jpg

Current Team. Martins and Manu Busto are scoring thou Martins seem on off form, Manu more consistent. I want to extend Busto's contract but his agent is asking for 3.800, almost 4 times his current wages so i am not sure if it will go up as the season progresses, hopefully not. Already extended Negredo's contract.

realoviedoteam2011.jpg

Results till 22 Oct 2011 (tactics used 4-1-1-2-2 Optimus By Qetesh V.2 @ http://www.mediafire.com/?xzr95bxhbbxzza2) I am facing Barca in Spanish Cup, hope i can keep their scoreline down and not lose badly.

Tactic familiarity is mostly accompolish and only 2 at fluid so far, its slow and i still have match preparation on very high and teamwork.

realoviedoresult22oct.jpg

Table 22 Oct 2011. Hope my run goes on.

realoviedotable22oct.jpg

Finished the season. Manu Busto has been an beast for me, 44 goals 38 assists 14mom. Martins followed next with 26 goals 12 assists 4 mom.

The team did really well to have only 2 losses and a draw, sums up a really good season. and oh btw we lost to barcelona in spanish cup, 3-3 home and 4-6 away, gave them a fight till the end.

Now for the playoffs, against another fallen giant, Real Union, leaders of div B2.

Had a chance of staff in Jan after reviewing their past 6 months performance. New Asst Coach, coachs and pysios.

Keeper Lledo have been inconsistent and not getting good ratings and i managed to bring in Ghana Keeper Razak from Tenerife for 1.5k, a steal i say.

Also shortage of defensive mid options, i chose Alexis de paz from Tenerife 'B' for 1k.

Looking at my squad, some senior players may not be staying if they aren't good enough and i may not have an experienced leader with good influence and determination for my next season so i opt to go for Rufete from Numucia for 10k, some of you might remember him in his BBVA days. My most expensive signing to date: Nika Kvekveskira from Dinamo Tbilisi for 650k. I aim to make the rightback position his world but he is non-eu so bit of a headache if there are other

better non-eu players available in the next season.

My scouts says my U19 is weak and recommended a whole list of youth and youngsters to bring in groom and moniter their progress. There is a few decent ones who could step up as backup or even rotational roles anytime i think.

I may have a problems with the 2 non-eu players rules in team of 25 once pomoted to adelante.

Won Playoffs vs Real Union and then beat Cardiz for playoffs finals. Me, Union, Cardiz,

Season 2 in adelante. Avoid relagation.

Not much transfer funds provided, only 198k, wage budget is only 45k, very tight and unable to bring in bigger players, there are quite alot of nice free transfers out there but not much payroll to play around and not many want to come.

Out

Francisco Javier Lledo, Juanma, Ivan Candela, Jorge Rodriquez. Didn't renew their contracts as i felt the incoming players were asking for more value wage demands and younger. Diaz Martins out for 5k, not progressing and moaning.

In

I landed 2 keepers on a free, Oier Olazabel & Yoel, both will keep Razak on his toes, Yoel is backup while Oier rotates. Recalled Owona from Vetusta, as backup to Oleguer and Negredo. Sergio Rodriguez is backup to Niki and can also play CB.

In also comes Joel who can play left and right wing as backup/rotate. Landed Yuri Berchiche on free to rotate with Edile Matthew who did well in Candela's absence last season and both will fight for the leftback position.

Pascual remains in dmc due to his consistency, no poor plays from him. Got Sergio on a free to provide strength to dmc and mc and to keep Aitor Sanz on his toes. Pelayo remains as backup since he did well last season in a similar role.

Managed to land up and coming regen midfield prospect Luis Villalba for 160k and he will challenge pelayo and sanz for the mc spot.

Xavi More, Nadal Xisco and Rufete remains fighting for right wing. Paul Abasolo, Jonatan Valle on left wing, if both down, nadal and rufete can cover too.

Manu Busto, Martins remains, with M'Passi Ruddy who may feature more this season. Also landed upcoming prospect Julio Lopez for 26k as backup(he's only 16 and looks good as backup. needed someone better than my u19 strikers and had no money haha to get good strikers)

Had a bunch of competitive U19s who is willing to come up and fight it out with the bigger boys anytime so my team of 24(excluding U19s) is here, with an allowance of 1, to bring in in Jan or from Vetsuta.

2 games into adelante, match prep very high and on teamwork to gel the team together. Aaway win against real union and barce 'b'

I managed to revenge my cup loss last season to their A team which is unbeatable, can only give them a scare. my biggest win on this save so far, check this out.

[video=youtube_share;HFPJ2CGgQh8]

@ Jaskiew: Welcome my friend! Great to see you're having success with Oviedo too!

I hope to have my end of season report up soon, but things have been slowing me down recently...

Keep us updated on how you progress in Adelante!

I have just started a new game as Ovideo. I will keep you updated. Because of the small (22 men registered) squad sizes and lack of interest in any of my players I am going to have to pretty much go with the base squad. I am working on a couple of loans at the moment and we'll see how that works out. So far I have been rejected by most players I've approached. My best pickup looks to have been Faustino Asprilla as a scout. His stats are awesome and because I have the two big South American leagues loaded on full he has been able to provide me with some pretty good looking free agents. I'll have to wait and see if any are interested in signing for me though. I think this league should be relatively easily to escape but worry about next season with so many massive clubs in the second league plus those who will be relegated next year. Should be a fun save!

I'm interested to hear how many season tickets you guys sold the first season? I am amazed that I managed to sell 15,100. Didn't realise that Oviedo had so many fans! Imagine I should be expecting over 20,000 fans at most home games.

For any of you who are managing a Spanish team for the first time, or even if you've managed in Spain and didn't know a few tricks, have a read of this: FM12 - Spain, The Cotonou Agreement and Spanish Citizenship (Useful For Player Searches)

Particularly important when managing a Segunda B Spanish team, where no "foreign" players are allowed in your squad registration, is being aware that African players, or those from any nation within the Cotonou Agreement, don't count as "foreign". ;)

Should hopefully help a few people out with the player searches. It's also worth asking your board to expand your scouting range and have a scout who has good knowledge of African nations. Make sure you always have a scout assigned to different regions, particularly West Africa, because you'll pick up some quality players for very little outlay, who will be interested in joining your club.

If you're interested in South American players, it's worth considering that although you won't be able to register them whilst in Segunda B, they can still play for your youth team up to the age of 18. After two years with your club, or loaned to another Spanish club, they'll be eligible for Spanish (and thus EU) citizenship after two years. They have to remain continually in Spain for that period though.

For any of you who are managing a Spanish team for the first time, or even if you've managed in Spain and didn't know a few tricks, have a read of this: FM12 - Spain, The Cotonou Agreement and Spanish Citizenship (Useful For Player Searches)

Particularly important when managing a Segunda B Spanish team, where no "foreign" players are allowed in your squad registration, is being aware that African players, or those from any nation within the Cotonou Agreement, don't count as "foreign". ;)

Should hopefully help a few people out with the player searches. It's also worth asking your board to expand your scouting range and have a scout who has good knowledge of African nations. Make sure you always have a scout assigned to different regions, particularly West Africa, because you'll pick up some quality players for very little outlay, who will be interested in joining your club.

If you're interested in South American players, it's worth considering that although you won't be able to register them whilst in Segunda B, they can still play for your youth team up to the age of 18. After two years with your club, or loaned to another Spanish club, they'll be eligible for Spanish (and thus EU) citizenship after two years. They have to remain continually in Spain for that period though.

yes thanks heathxxx, i didn't know about this first season with real oviedo, but come this season, it was only after the transfer window closed than i realised that my african players aren't foreign and suspect that my argentine players will not be foreign anymore in 2 years then i realise the rules has these cotonou nations, eu nations, russia and turkey treated as eu. good for me. thanks for keeping us in the loop.

I'm interested to hear how many season tickets you guys sold the first season? I am amazed that I managed to sell 15,100. Didn't realise that Oviedo had so many fans! Imagine I should be expecting over 20,000 fans at most home games.

17053 in my 2nd season, not sure how to find out during the first season, if i remember it's around 15000plus

yes their fanbase is big, 30k stadium, and you get nice profits on matchdays, esp against sporting 'b'

when i played sporting at home during spanish cup, it filled up, 30k.

at 2nd season my home attendance started around 18k, now its at above 22k, havent reach 23

@ Jaskiew: Welcome my friend! Great to see you're having success with Oviedo too!

I hope to have my end of season report up soon, but things have been slowing me down recently...

Keep us updated on how you progress in Adelante!

My 2nd season is pure success. I chose avoid relegation as expectation as i didnt know how tough the 22 teams are in adelante, but i knew with the tactic i use, i can easily be mid table.

but this 2nd season has gone off the roof, i went on a unbeaten run for many matches, scoring and defending well, playing real oviedo was so smooth and keep going, one match at a time, win and an occasion draw, until i realised i am seriously overachieving and it was already half a season gone. with the wins and draws, my points have also accumulated and i am ahead of them so many points, initially 4 then 6 then 9 and now 12.

i have 6 matches to go, 84points, 36 played, 24 won, 9 drawn, 2 losses. 12 pts ahead osasuna and granada who has 72pts.

my spanish cup run has been fantastic, i wasn't looking to progress beyond round 5 but from there, i was beating teams like levante at round 4, las palmas round 5, huesca qtr finals, and our fierce rivals sporting in the semi, now i think i will lose the fianal because it is barce i am facing.

manu continuses to perform, martin on off but still getting goals but i had andy polo the speed merchant in at 525k and he is damn bloody fast but finishing is weak, still score some wonder goals, but if he doesn't perform, he just doesn't.

will finish up the season and give an update

I have just started a new game as Ovideo. I will keep you updated. Because of the small (22 men registered) squad sizes and lack of interest in any of my players I am going to have to pretty much go with the base squad. I am working on a couple of loans at the moment and we'll see how that works out. So far I have been rejected by most players I've approached. My best pickup looks to have been Faustino Asprilla as a scout. His stats are awesome and because I have the two big South American leagues loaded on full he has been able to provide me with some pretty good looking free agents. I'll have to wait and see if any are interested in signing for me though. I think this league should be relatively easily to escape but worry about next season with so many massive clubs in the second league plus those who will be relegated next year. Should be a fun save!

To promote to adelante, is not too hard, you just need a very consistent tactic that scores and defends ok, the tough games are mostly against the top few teams gunning against for the title too, you can rely on free transfers to see you through.

once in adelante, if team is gelled and doing well, shouldn't be difficult maintaining midtable or even higher.

@Niebiescy: Welcome! Glad to have you join the fun!

As Heath mentioned there are some gems to be found because of the Cotonou Agreement. Also have a look at my opening post I've given some players that I've managed to sign who will do the business, but not to worry as the original team can do the business in Segunda B1, but they'll be a reach at best in Adelante, so look to invest in some new players in Jan if not in the summer.

As for the season tickets, yes, Oviedo has a fairly large fan base for a team playing in a lower division, as I referenced and what Jaskiew provided they're passionate about their team and also the city buys 40K Euro worth seats to provide to school children! So that 15,100 isn't too shabby, and it's the same number I got at the beginning of the season... just a few more games to go but first I play Villareal in the Cup final which will hopefully not a blood batch for us...

@Jaskiew: KUTGW! I'm hopeful of our chances next season but unfortunately all the original/old players will be leaving next season as their contracts are up at the end of the season and most want almost double their original salaries, I had spent most of my wages on the new players and youth, so it will be interesting to see what the war chest will be to start the next season. What was your Wage/Transfer spend for Avoid Relegation?

The forum was down, so i didn't had a chance to post this up, now i do.

Real Oviedo - Season 2012/2013 REVIEW

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Formation:

4-2-2-1-1 http://www.mediafire.com/?4n06dx5tp0pi6ji Been using this for first season and many other saves with really good results and used for the first 5 months or so before switching permanently to:

4-2-3-1 http://www.mediafire.com/?37u19cv4gumg5l9 was using this for my liverpool career save and it gave very good results so i switched and used this till end of season and will use for next

Match Prep: Very High until all Fluid, Teamwork all the way.

Team: (in terms of preference of play from start to end)

GK: Razak/Oier Olazabel/Yoel

DR: Nika Kvekveskiti/Joel/Sergio Rodriguez

DCR: Cesar Negredo/Oleguer/Lucien Owona/Sergio Rodriguez/Nika Kvekveskiti

DCL: Oleguer(Vice-Captain)/Lucien Owona/Sergio Rodriguez/Nika Kvekveskiti

DL: Matthew Edile/Yuri Berchiche

MCR: Sergio/Pascual/Aitor Sanz

MCL: Aitor Sanz/Pelayo/Luis Villalba(argentine regen)

AMR: Rufete(Captain)/Nadal Xisco/Xavi Moore

AML: Paul Abasolo/Jonaton Valle/Rufete/Nadal Xisco/Xavi Moore

SC: Manu Busto/Martins/M'Passi Ruddy/Julio/Nadal Xisco/Jonaton Valle

My 2012 Transfers:

realoviedotransfershist.png

Season started off really well, thrashed barcelona 'b' 9-1 in 2nd game and the wins and draws went on, yes to my surprise and i kept going and going, knowing that soon i may have a bad run so try to get as many points as possible. I made OI changes in between games to opposite team players who are playing well and giving me problems. I subbed out my below par players once i think i have enough of their nonsense.

Results till 30.1.2012

realoviedosadmatchesmat.png

I had some players come in during the season. By September, I felt the midfield department and needed a first team player to boost the ranks as i have been having trouble when Aitor Sanz is out and Sergio has been getting injured often. In came free transfer Antonio Thomas who comes highly recommended is supposingly able to be key player and commands 4500 salary. Inaki a DM/MC regen whom i bought for 160k is 17 and too young and i had no confidence playing him there and he has been in my U19 since day 1. Luis Villalba, whenever played, doesn't give me the confidence to win games well yet so he has to continue to be backup.

In Jan, I have Andy Polo, my 2nd highest fee signing at 525k (Nika was 1st at 650k), and along with him, some youngsters regen and possible very good rotational regens DC, they are Brice Mahamat 80k from Cameroon and Yahaya Nil Nortey 6k from Ghana, both 4.5stars rated by my scouts, in came Edwards Agu, a 4.5star nigerian keeper who my scounts recommended. didn't cost me much. Also had 4.5star left wingback djafarou lassissi in for 5k. Quite a coup for them i believe. Very happy and hope to feature them. Marcel Kochony 4star keeper from cameroon and Patrice Ouattara 4.5star rightwing from Ivory Coast came in shortly. Had Marcel go to Vetusta while the rest went into my U19s.

Soon, i promoted Brice and Yahaya as backups to rest my overplayed DCs and by the last 3 months of the season, i was trying to feature them. I had rodriguez demoted to vetusta because he game me lousy plays and ratings and was inconsistent whenever i feature him. I also had Inaki stand in on some games after Thomas got injured and Aitor was too tired and he did well so i hope to feature him more next season.

By then, i was playing a lone striker exclusively (it's suppose to be a goal machine sc and dcr) and my team is now:

Team: (in terms of preference of play from start to end)

GK: Razak/Oier Olazabel/Yoel

DR: Nika Kvekveskiti/Joel

DCR: Cesar Negredo/Oleguer/Brice Mahamat/Yahaya Nil Nortey/Lucien Owona

DCL: Oleguer(Vice-Captain)/Brice Mahamat/Yahaya Nil Nortey/Lucien Owona

DL: Matthew Edile/Yuri Berchiche/djafarou lassissi

MCR: Antonio Thomas/Sergio/Pascual/Inaki

MCL: Aitor Sanz/Antonio Thomas/Pelayo/Luis Villalba(argentine regen)

AMR: Rufete(Captain)/Nadal Xisco/Xavi Moore

AML: Paul Abasolo/Jonaton Valle/Rufete/Nadal Xisco/Xavi Moore

AMC: Manu Busto/Jonaton Valle/Paul Abasolo/Julio

SC: Andy Polo/Manu Busto/Nadal Xisco/Martins/Jonaton Valle

I had Rayo and Zaragoza approached me but i rejected, of course.

Andy Polo did well in 16 appearances, scoring 10 goals and some of them were out of this world. Opposing defenders was chasing his tail most of the time. Antonio Thomas became more consistent and i hope he can improve on it.

Paul Abasolo and Valle have been performing when called upon. Manu continues to defy age and play like someone much younger.

I wasn't playing Rufete and Xavi moore much and Nadal Xisco has made the rightwing his territory.

Razak and Oier have been standing in between posts, Oier the more consistent and better performance rating one.

Oleguer have had some off days perhaps due to his age. Negredo too but lesser.

Matthew Edile is another speed monster, that is why i like him on the leftwing but he tends to get injured after a few games, Yuri did ok rotating with him.

Nika's injury issue seems to be better now and has had a good run of games and call rightwing his own.

Aitor Sanz is stepping up with all the competition coming in for his place.

On 26.5.2012 my home attendance went to 24,120 when we played huesca, and it was also fans day.

Now, it is time for the Historic day, our first Spanish Cup Final in our 87years history.

against, damn it, barcelona. (lost 9-7 aggregate to them last season). I have 2 suspension and 3 injuries.

AND i do not know how i managed to win it. We had a lucky header, just about it and were defending all the way.

Look at the pics, we were dominated by them, xavi was all over but yet somehow i went into ET and then won on penalties. I think i've been lucky in this cup run. next year, i doubt i will be here.

barcelonavrealoviedospl.png

barcelonavrealoviedosta.png

barcelonavrealoviedotvv.png

barcelonavrealoviedoana.png

After the cup game, last 2 games, won valladolid 4-1 and lost away to

and here is the table for adelante, my real oviedo teamsheet and game results after 30.1.2012 till end of season.

realoviedosadteamplayer.png

ligaadelantestatsteamst.png

ligaadelantestatsplayer.png

PROMOTED and CHAMPIONS of Adelante!

ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png

I will have a big problem come next season. Alot of players are leaving, 8 i think, either retiring or contract end and not worth to renew.

Sergio, Rufete, are retiring.

Xavi Moore, Martins, Pascual, Ruddy M'Pussi, i am not renewing their contracts and bringing in better replacements.

I am letting Yeol go because he keeps moaning, similar Lucien owona as he isn't progressing and will never get more games with Brice and yahaya in.

The rest i keep and some of the older players who can still be part of the 25, i will renew 1 year contract to 2014.

Hopefully with a newer better team, i can avoid relegation. But based on what i see, i think the team is good enough for mid table, come season.

I also have my Assistant Coach, Hans Jorritsma retiring and 3 other coaches, need to bring in new Assist Coach and coaches.

I already have Ezequiel from Osasuna coming in for 400,000 to take over the wings.

Seems like my initial budget is 1.96M with payoll at 155k/week.

@Jaskiew: KUTGW! I'm hopeful of our chances next season but unfortunately all the original/old players will be leaving next season as their contracts are up at the end of the season and most want almost double their original salaries, I had spent most of my wages on the new players and youth, so it will be interesting to see what the war chest will be to start the next season. What was your Wage/Transfer spend for Avoid Relegation?

For adelante transfer budget 198k, wage budget is only 45k

For bbva, 1.96M with payoll at 155k/week

and yes, double is still ok if they salary is low, i am in bbva now and there are players who are earning 1.3k wanting 6-7k to renew now...

Good to see you are doing so well. I am not sure if I will do as well as you have in my second season. I think there's a good chance I will be promoted this year though. Can someone tell me how to post screenshots on this forum so I can share mine please? I know how to take screenshots from the game but when I try to upload them the site doesn't allow me to.

Good to see you are doing so well. I am not sure if I will do as well as you have in my second season. I think there's a good chance I will be promoted this year though. Can someone tell me how to post screenshots on this forum so I can share mine please? I know how to take screenshots from the game but when I try to upload them the site doesn't allow me to.

Alt F9 gets your screenshot into Sports Interactive/Football manager 2012/screenshots folder

then visit http://imageshack.us/

sign up and upload there each time u need a screeenshot posted here (you can choose how big you want the screenshot to appear on their site based on your moniter size)

then click on embed this image and post the forum link here

I will post some player profiles. Just to let you know I have a very fast desktop I play on so loaded lots of leagues down to the lower tiers so have a huge database running. You may not have all of these players on your game. I will first post the leagues I have active so you know where the data is from:

gameautosavecustomisega.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is my best player. I signed him on a free transfer after my best scout Faustino Asprilla recommended signing him. My coaches say to play him as a trequarista but I use him in the role of poacher because I use Manu Busto as a trequarista in the AMC position and can't start two players in the same role.

vandinhooverviewprofile.png

This is Mailton. He was my only signing that I paid money for. He cost me 240k but his value has already gone up to 275k. My fans didn't like him at first because he said Oviedo are a stepping stone to his future when he joined the club. I don't mind because he is only 19 and his value has already gone up to 275k. He should improve and be a good player next season in the second league and then I can sell him if I am promoted to the top division.

mailtonoverviewprofile.png

I also signed Eric Addo. Asprilla also recommended him. He started at Eindhoven in the Dutch second league but didn't have a contract so I signed him for free. He won't sign a contract for after 2012 but I don't mind he's 33 now. He has been one of my best players though.

ericaddooverviewprofile.png

Asprilla also recommended signing Leon Kantelberg for free from Eindhoven on the same scouting report as Addo. He hasn't been amazing but is my only current international which has to be worth mentioning ;)

leonkantelbergoverviewp.png

Valle is my best Spanish signing. I use him is CM as an AP/Attack. I found Pelayo to be too inconsistent and also too similar to Sanz so instead I use him as a rotation player.

jonatanvalleoverviewpro.png

Here are some profiles for players that start the game with Oviedo who I have used so you can see how good they are in my game compared to yours. I started this game with the update and am using database 12.2.

The 'keeper has been pretty solid so I won't need to upgrade him until next season:

franciscojavierlledover.png

And finally Busto..... He had a slow start and then an injury but has played very well recently. I have used him mainly as a trequarista in the AMC position although he has also played as a trequarista in the striker position as well depending on who plays with him.

manubustooverviewprofil.png

And finally here is my tactic on a bigger screen so you can see it properly. I am playing very attacking but it is working well currently

realoviedosadtacticstea.png

I just wanted to post Asprilla's profile too because he has found me nearly every player that I signed. He knows so many leagues and is very accurate for this level. I need to find more scouts like him because my others only know the Spanish league apart from one Polish scout and none of them have found me many good players that I can afford to sign. I think without Asprilla I would not be top of the league. I am finding it very easy which is a big surprise. I am now ahead by 9 points and we are not yet at the winter break. I am already just waiting to get to next season.

faustinoasprillaovervie.png

I just wanted to post Asprilla's profile too because he has found me nearly every player that I signed. He knows so many leagues and is very accurate for this level. I need to find more scouts like him because my others only know the Spanish league apart from one Polish scout and none of them have found me many good players that I can afford to sign. I think without Asprilla I would not be top of the league. I am finding it very easy which is a big surprise. I am now ahead by 9 points and we are not yet at the winter break. I am already just waiting to get to next season.

faustinoasprillaovervie.png

He looks good, 18 on judging PA too, can scout the youngsters and will be accurate. He's columbian, not in my game as i only loaded spanish db.

Saw your loaded leagues, you'll have an awful lot of talents to choose from in this case, especially the regens, there are a lot of nice good ones, from african nations, cameroon, ghana, ivory coast, ec and argentina too

He looks good, 18 on judging PA too, can scout the youngsters and will be accurate. He's columbian, not in my game as i only loaded spanish db.

Saw your loaded leagues, you'll have an awful lot of talents to choose from in this case, especially the regens, there are a lot of nice good ones, from african nations, cameroon, ghana, ivory coast, ec and argentina too

Yeah hopefully. I always load the major European leagues and then on top of that the big two South American ones unless I'm playing a British league (not worth it then because anyone not on the game without those leagues loaded won't get a WP) and in this case I loaded it down to lower levels. I'll start removing lower divisions as I get promoted because the players won't be out use to me at a higher level. Game could do with speeding up a little bit. Have 5 (IIRC) bosman signings coming in for next season. None look amazing but all are upgrades or prospects better than what I currently have. Am not playing FM now but will maybe post some screenshots later.

Won the league easily in the end by 15 points but could've been by more if I paid more attention. TBH was bored for most of the season because it was too easy due to the amount of good available free transfers and the other teams in my league being crap. Seems as though I am not yet promoted though and have to play in a playoff against Cueta who won Division 4. Seems to be a bit of a crazy system when you can win the league by so many points and still not go up automatically. Here's the final table. I'll post a playoff update later.

spanishseconddivisionb1.png

Not sure what I really had to do to get promoted as the game didn't explain at all even when I clicked on rules and read everything there. Did manage to beat both Valencia Mestalla and Ceuta on aggregate and am definitely promoted. Amazingly Valencia had Dusan Tadic (one of the best left wingers on the game) in their reserve squad playing in the third tier of Spanish football when they paid £11.25m for him. I'm expecting next season to be far more entertaining because there are some big clubs in the second division. The likes of Deportivo, Almeria, Valladolid and Celta failed to get promoted while Betis, Zaragoza and Grenada were relegated from La Liga. Should be tough for sure because my squad sucks right now. Nearly all of my players are leaving due to contract expiry. I can't afford to renew a few good ones while most are deadwood. Am nearly £200k in the red so will need to sell a few while signing a whole team on free transfers. Am definitely not hopeful of promotion next year. Think a playoff place is my best possible result although that's gonna be really tough even unless I get a cash injection from the chairmanm, tv revenue or something similar. Here's my final results showing the playoffs. if anyone could explain to me how they work I'd be very interested to hear. Even after playing them I have no idea about any of it or who went up with me.

realoviedosadfixturesfi.png

Not sure what I really had to do to get promoted as the game didn't explain at all even when I clicked on rules and read everything there. Did manage to beat both Valencia Mestalla and Ceuta on aggregate and am definitely promoted. Amazingly Valencia had Dusan Tadic (one of the best left wingers on the game) in their reserve squad playing in the third tier of Spanish football when they paid £11.25m for him. I'm expecting next season to be far more entertaining because there are some big clubs in the second division. The likes of Deportivo, Almeria, Valladolid and Celta failed to get promoted while Betis, Zaragoza and Grenada were relegated from La Liga. Should be tough for sure because my squad sucks right now. Nearly all of my players are leaving due to contract expiry. I can't afford to renew a few good ones while most are deadwood. Am nearly £200k in the red so will need to sell a few while signing a whole team on free transfers. Am definitely not hopeful of promotion next year. Think a playoff place is my best possible result although that's gonna be really tough even unless I get a cash injection from the chairmanm, tv revenue or something similar. Here's my final results showing the playoffs. if anyone could explain to me how they work I'd be very interested to hear. Even after playing them I have no idea about any of it or who went up with me.

You'll be promoted after winning the phase 1 final playoff, i think?

I agree with your concern and share your confusion. I was also playing there for the first time and when i won B1 by so many points, and it didn't show me being promoted but still had to playoff with another team. I was thinking, what kind of system it is.

Next comes to the first playoff, i won and then i still wasn't promoted, there was no indication telling me that i am promoted anywhere. So i went to check the rules, read up but i couldn't find much more information. So came the final playoff and i won and i am still unsure if i am promoted or not, there was no indication. There was another team in B3 i think, who already had an indication that they are promoted, while me and other teams still indicated playoffs. I saw that adelante had 4 teams relegated so i was pretty sure i would be promoted and eventually when the date comes for the teams to move up and down, i did get promoted.

I think SI should make the rules for playoffs and promoted in B divisions more clear and not to leave us players in utter confusion and wondering what is happening. Don't you agree?

A check at wiki found me this, i think we will understand better from here.

Segunda División B currently features 80 teams divided into 4 groups of 20. The top four teams from each group, 16 teams in total, qualify for play-offs to determine which four teams will replace the four teams relegated from the Liga Adelante. However reserve teams are only eligible for promotion to the Liga Adelante if their senior team is in the Liga BBVA. The top five teams from each group and best two teams regardless of group outside the previous twenty, excluding reserve teams, also qualify for the following seasons Copa del Rey. The bottom four teams in each league are relegated to the Tercera División. Also, the four 16th-placed teams enter into a relegation playoff to determine the two teams to be relegated. One team is paired with one of the others in home and away series. the two winners remain in the division while the losers are relegated. A reserve team can also be relegated if their senior team is relegated from the Liga Adelante. Along with teams from the Tercera División, teams from the division also compete in the Copa Federación.

Beginning with the 2008-09 season, the four group winners will have the opportunity to be promoted directly and be named the overall Segunda División B champion. The four group winners will be drawn into a two-legged series where the two winners will be promoted to the Liga Adelante and enter into the final for the Segunda División B championship. The two losing semifinalists enter the playoff round for the last two promotion spots.

The four group runners-up will be drawn against one of the three fourth-placed teams outside their group while the four third-placed teams are drawn against one another in a two-legged series. The six winners advance with the two losing semifinalists to determine the four teams that will enter the last two-legged series for the last two promotion spots. In all the playoff series, the lower-ranked club plays at home first. Whenever the is a tie in position (e.g. like the group winners in the Semifinal Round and Final or the third-placed teams in the first round), a draw will determine the club to play at home first.

When i got promoted, i was thinking the same as you, no chance in adelante next season, so many big guns with good teams up there, best hope was mid table but surprisingly, their brand of soccer played and quality isn't that amazing, i think the teams cannot be compared to english championship which i thought they could be similar. I guess you'll only renew contracts for your best performers and i suggest you don't just renew 1year, but 2 or 3 for those players you think will follow you for the next 2-3 seasons or the players that you think you want to retain even if you are promoted to bbva, because their wage demands will be much more once you are up in bbva, to the extend that you find paying them is not worth it despite being your star player.

Good luck in adelante, will be a better challange than the easy run in b1, same feeling as you when i played them.

The one thing when you renew contract is not to be fooled by some of them who wants to match highest earner.

When i signed Antonio Thomas, i needed a first team central+defensive midfield urgently so i thought it was ok since my highest wage earner is not alot, he asked for 4.4k so be it.

When i got promoted to BBVA, more players were asking for more and he had a promotion salary increase and subsequently match one of my highest earner, i think Ezequiel who is earning 5.75k and now he earns 7k, the highest while Ezequiel follows with 5.75.

I am not sure how was this calculated to make him earn this 7k but his contract ends 2016, silly me for giving him so long a contract, thought with a longer contract, his value remains higher thus if i sell, can sell higher fee too.

During the first 2 months, his performance wasn't up to par whenever he is played, so i tried listing him. Nobody had a sniff because they can't afford him. So i unlisted him and tried to offer him a new contract, he is asking for 15k now and wouldn't accept a shorter contract, eg. to 2014 but only till 2016. I didn't go ahead. BUT the main issue remains, his match highest earner clause is still there.

I tried to sign some good transfer listed players, actually it was Lago Falque from tottenham i wanted for 2.4m. But Lago wanted 14.75k, i am willing to pay but that meant Antonio Thomas would also have a salary increase to match Lago, so i had to give up on the bid. Now i am stuck with him and can only buy players who asks for less than 7k, which i did (got in Richardo Krisna and Iddi Mohammad who isn't demanding on wages but higher on transfer fee) unless i don't mind paying him more which i didn't want since his performance is inconsistent.

Lesson learnt on him.

Managed to get my first merchadising link. I asked for it and they let me choose myself so i choose China's man city and got it. Now let's see how much more i will get as the months, seasons progress. Am now getting about 91k in merchandising income.

11881895.jpg

incomek.jpg

AND Andy Polo has been demanding a new contract, he only earns 500 a week now, contract ends 2017 and now he wants 13,000. Problem is i have that silly Antonio Thomas clause...

Thanks for explaining the promotion system. It has to be the worst in the world for rewarding success over the course of a season rather than allowing teams to sneak in on a good run of form. The English system is bad enough where 6th can sneak in over 3rd for the sake of entertainment, but this is even worse where you can win the league and still not go up.

I agree with you 100% on wages. I have major problems in this area already. I also made one huge mistake but not realising that I am now capped to 2 non EU players when last season there was no cap. I signing quite a few Brazilians and Argentinians and now all of them have to leave pretty much. I actually half lucked out on this because I have had loan fee offers of 250k and 275k for two of my best fulls backs. The major problem however is that I am going to have to sign EU players to replace them which will make my squad massive once they return from their loans. I really need to cut my wage bills. Had to sell Addo on for the reason you just described. He had a 40% promotion clause plus a highest earner guarentee. Ended up on 3.5k which in the second league just isn't feasible. Needed to keep him really cos he's EU but had no choice. Managed to get only 55k from Hull.

I've never asked for an economic link before? How much more will you receive than the £638k you have paid for it? I imagine this is only possible in the top league? £638k is currently far more than I have in the bank :D

Thanks for explaining the promotion system. It has to be the worst in the world for rewarding success over the course of a season rather than allowing teams to sneak in on a good run of form. The English system is bad enough where 6th can sneak in over 3rd for the sake of entertainment, but this is even worse where you can win the league and still not go up.

I agree with you 100% on wages. I have major problems in this area already. I also made one huge mistake but not realising that I am now capped to 2 non EU players when last season there was no cap. I signing quite a few Brazilians and Argentinians and now all of them have to leave pretty much. I actually half lucked out on this because I have had loan fee offers of 250k and 275k for two of my best fulls backs. The major problem however is that I am going to have to sign EU players to replace them which will make my squad massive once they return from their loans. I really need to cut my wage bills. Had to sell Addo on for the reason you just described. He had a 40% promotion clause plus a highest earner guarentee. Ended up on 3.5k which in the second league just isn't feasible. Needed to keep him really cos he's EU but had no choice. Managed to get only 55k from Hull.

I've never asked for an economic link before? How much more will you receive than the £638k you have paid for it? I imagine this is only possible in the top league? £638k is currently far more than I have in the bank :D

Your argentine's and brazilians, don't have to leave. loan out the better ones to teams in spain, while the weaker ones goes to vetusta for 2 seasons, or all goes to vetusta. after 2 years in spain, they become spanish apparently or won't be non-eu anymore.

its apparently not the 3650days indicated there. that's what the rest of the guys said here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282966-FM12-Spain-The-Cotonou-Agreement-and-Spanish-Citizenship-(Useful-For-Player-Searches)

Any player from a South America who signs for a Spanish club, although classed as "foreign", is eligible for Spanish citizenship after just two years. This basically applies to any nations which were former colonies of Spain or Portugal (which itself was once ruled by Spain).

So for example, you could sign a player from Brazil or Argentina at the age of 18, then by the time he's 20, he could become a Spanish citizen and so no longer be classed as "foreign".

3.5k on league 2 is ok if ur wage budget is controlled, last season in adelante, i had a few players on close to 2k, nadal on 3k plus, antonio on 4k plus and had a few on 2k plus i think.

I do not know over a season how much more i will get. I am only getting about 90k a month now on merchandising. last season total i earned 567k

and yes, in top league, bbva. but you could see if you can request for one in adelante, because i never tried when i was in adelante.

i guess gotta check back and see if it's worth it but i will keep it because how merchandising works is the longer you have them, the more you get as the years goes on, as your club increases in stature, you get more.

Your argentine's and brazilians, don't have to leave. loan out the better ones to teams in spain, while the weaker ones goes to vetusta for 2 seasons, or all goes to vetusta. after 2 years in spain, they become spanish apparently or won't be non-eu anymore.

its apparently not the 3650days indicated there. that's what the rest of the guys said here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282966-FM12-Spain-The-Cotonou-Agreement-and-Spanish-Citizenship-(Useful-For-Player-Searches)

3.5k on league 2 is ok if ur wage budget is controlled, last season in adelante, i had a few players on close to 2k, nadal on 3k plus, antonio on 4k plus and had a few on 2k plus i think.

I do not know over a season how much more i will get. I am only getting about 90k a month now on merchandising. last season total i earned 567k

and yes, in top league, bbva. but you could see if you can request for one in adelante, because i never tried when i was in adelante.

i guess gotta check back and see if it's worth it but i will keep it because how merchandising works is the longer you have them, the more you get as the years goes on, as your club increases in stature, you get more.

If this was the origional version of FM2012 I would agree and do exactly as you described. I'd easily be able to loan these players out and have their wages paid and sell the ones I don't want. Problem is since the update selling unwanted players has become so difficult in the game. It's very rare to receive bids for anyone unless they are really good or a great prospect. My Highest paid player is on £3,100 and the next highest is on £2,500 but I have too many players early between £1,000 and £2,000 and need a way to get rid of them. I keep trying to loan one out where I am offered a £275k fee by Argentine Premier Division clubs but the player keeps rejecting the offers even though I tell him I need him to go so I can reduce the wage bill. It's so annoying. My bank balance is around £600k so with these loan fees I'd be in a solid position. Problem is if I can't loan these players I can't use them in my squad and they'll be worthless to me but stuck on big wages. It's so frustrated. Will mean that I can't bring in EU players and my squad will be a giant mess. This situation doesn't look like improving right now.

If this was the origional version of FM2012 I would agree and do exactly as you described. I'd easily be able to loan these players out and have their wages paid and sell the ones I don't want. Problem is since the update selling unwanted players has become so difficult in the game. It's very rare to receive bids for anyone unless they are really good or a great prospect. My Highest paid player is on £3,100 and the next highest is on £2,500 but I have too many players early between £1,000 and £2,000 and need a way to get rid of them. I keep trying to loan one out where I am offered a £275k fee by Argentine Premier Division clubs but the player keeps rejecting the offers even though I tell him I need him to go so I can reduce the wage bill. It's so annoying. My bank balance is around £600k so with these loan fees I'd be in a solid position. Problem is if I can't loan these players I can't use them in my squad and they'll be worthless to me but stuck on big wages. It's so frustrated. Will mean that I can't bring in EU players and my squad will be a giant mess. This situation doesn't look like improving right now.

Ok, I understand, how about selling them for free but with a buyback clause and a % sell percentage in case. Cause you need to keep the 25 man squad and also maintain your wage budget with it. Won't be easy but it's a lesson for us.

Ok, I understand, how about selling them for free but with a buyback clause and a % sell percentage in case. Cause you need to keep the 25 man squad and also maintain your wage budget with it. Won't be easy but it's a lesson for us.

Because they are low reputation it is hard to sell them even for free. I think it's a bug in the update because lots of people mentioned it in the thread in the PC questions forum or what ever it's called.

If I'm stuck with them maybe things won't be so bad. In the preseason my team have played close games with Espanyol and Atleti so far although we were destroyed by Barca. I'm starting to feel more positive and am beginning to believe what you said about it being easier than it looks. My biggest worry is my financial situation because I don't want to go over £1m in debt and then not get promoted because I'd be in big trouble. Right now my plan is to play two friendlies per week all preseason against the most profitable teams (in terms of cost to play them vs expected revenues from the game) and it's making me enough to get by and rebuild my finances. Doesn't help increase my wage budget though.

Btw I forgot to ask before how is your game going?

Because they are low reputation it is hard to sell them even for free. I think it's a bug in the update because lots of people mentioned it in the thread in the PC questions forum or what ever it's called.

If I'm stuck with them maybe things won't be so bad. In the preseason my team have played close games with Espanyol and Atleti so far although we were destroyed by Barca. I'm starting to feel more positive and am beginning to believe what you said about it being easier than it looks. My biggest worry is my financial situation because I don't want to go over £1m in debt and then not get promoted because I'd be in big trouble. Right now my plan is to play two friendlies per week all preseason against the most profitable teams (in terms of cost to play them vs expected revenues from the game) and it's making me enough to get by and rebuild my finances. Doesn't help increase my wage budget though.

Btw I forgot to ask before how is your game going?

I am now approaching end dec and almost half a season gone. Also going much slower with each game and doing more OI to counter their on form players to get better results, so far it is working and i had to good first few months including surprise wins and draws

in Euro, this despite some of my younger players picking up mistakes and low rating for games, maybe it is because of the OI i did against their on form players and replacing my off form players in time, i had good results most of the time.

I think despite the good results, i have too many young players, some regens are already playing week in and out despite them being young, that's because i want to play them to develop them and also i have sold off most other older but cannot make it at this level players. My wage budget now is 152k while i am only spending 75k, but i have only 430k on transfer budget left because i spent 6.25M this year, most of them on 48mths.

I find that it is not too difficult playing against the lower placed teams, but the mid table ones away games are tough while the top ones are the ones i go the slowest but that's where the draws and losses comes.

It's getting harder to sustain the good form i have, somehow these younger players need rest easily and i have to rotate often, hardly been able to keep to a solid same team.

Heres the table, it may look good but it's really tough up here, if i don't go slow and watch and change this and that, i'll probably be below mid table because some of the draws and wins were results of going slow.

I may not be able to maintain it because there are some players getting unhappy and not performing up to expectations, due to low pay, haha which i didnt want to give them new contract as theirs are till 2016 2017 etc.

ligabbvaoverviewstages.png

Looks like you're doing really well! KUTGW! Think the young player and long term contract issues will be the same in my game. When you're looking to grow a club you can't sign players for long because they won't be of much use to you after a year or two. What's your personal goal now? Europa League? Maybe win the cup too?

I've just finished my pre-season now. I'm happy with my team. As you said before I maybe overestimated this division when I was first promoted. My squad isn't special but in pre-season every time we played someone of a similar stature we won. Also managed to be Torino who are now in Serie A and drew 2-2 with Juve. Played Athletic off the park too. Missed a penalty and they scored one on the counter. Apart from getting destroyed by Barca with most of my squad still on holiday (so played a youth team who were mostly 65% fit) I think we did well every game. However maybe I am misjudging things and we will get killed. It's now time to find out! After playing the biggest clubs possible all pre-season (apart from a few easy ones to give youngers a shot) it's time to finally play some teams in my own league! Here's a full list of pre-season fixtures:

Thanks to playing so many well-supported clubs we now have £1.9m in the bank. I'm hoping this will be enough to see me through to next summer. If I have problems I will have to arrange high profile friendlies during the winter break.

Here are my signings and exits:

oviedotransfershistory2.png

The little bit missing at the bottom says we made £325k from sales fees. Spent £40k so that's a profit of £285k.

Archived