Supports Interactive

tsbFA.png

Introducing Supports Interactive

Supports Interactive is a Football Manager™ platform which has been designed and hand-built from scratch,

with FM gamers in mind. We don’t use commercial software; we don’t use plug-ins; we are a site custom built

by people who love playing the game, for people who love playing the game.

“What’s different about supports interactive? I see this kind of stuff all the time.”

Supports Interactive is actually quite difficult to describe; we do a lot of different things. I suppose the majority

of people would suggest we’re a social network for Football Manager™ fans around the globe; we’d say that’s

just one dimension of what Supports Interactive is about.

To be frank, there’s no point in writing a load of paragraphs describing in detail all that we do; we do absolutely

everything you can imagine; everything you could want, and more. All I can say, in short, is that everything we

do is done in the best possible way, and providing unquesitonable quality is the standard we’ve set ourselves.

You can read the blueprint for the site via our PDF, here:

We also have posted information on Twitter. You can follow us on Twitter, here:

Where we go from this topic…

At the moment we’re accepting applications for those interested in beta testing SI. You can register your interest

on our site, here:

We have had hundreds of applications so far, and whilst we don’t actually need any more applicants, we wanted

to give as many of you the chance to get involved before we stop taking applications on Friday 17th February.

We hope it goes without saying that we don’t just want a quality site, but quality people, and that ethos pertains

to those testing the site as much as everything else; so get involved if you feel you can offer something.

We do apologise if you are amongst those who didn’t know much of the site prior to this, or haven’t had a lot of

time to sign-up for a beta pass; there have been a lot of rumours and discussion about the site, but we didn’t want

to post on SI Games’ forums without having set a deadline for our release first. Hopefully those who want to be

involved will have enough time to sign-up.

As for our deadline, we expect to begin beta testing within the next few weeks (we have a couple of loose ends

to tie-up first), but we will email all of those who’ve expressed interest in beta testing after the applications have

been taken and are filtered. After testing is completed we’ll open for everyone who wants to see what we do

first-hand. We don’t believe we’ll be testing for much more than 2-3 weeks, although we have no idea how the site

will handle hundreds of users.

I believe that covers everything, but we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Regards,

Game and Caleyjag, Supports Interactive.

Quite surprised that nobody has commented on this yet?

I am excited by this project and it looks like a lot of hard work has gone into it, as the concept says its "not just another forum"

Take a look through the concept (if you haven't done so already).

Two thumbs up for Game and Caleyjag

Quite surprised that nobody has commented on this yet?

I am excited by this project and it looks like a lot of hard work has gone into it, as the concept says its "not just another forum"

Take a look through the concept (if you haven't done so already).

Two thumbs up for Game and Caleyjag

I think, to be fair, most people here have seen these kind of topics numerous times, and after a while they'll not bother reading them.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback; I think I speak for Caleyjag when I say we appreciate the kind words :)

I, for one, cannot wait to be able to join the website and see how it is setup :D

It looks like you guys have put a lot of hard work into it.

Yeah, it's taken almost a year to complete (we started on March 7th 2011). It's been a real labour of love, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it once it's completed.

I'm glad you like the what you've seen so far though, and thanks for the feedback; hopefully we'll see you over there at some point :)

good luck with ur project mate :thup:

EDT: how to get beta code?

Beta code: We've already selected all our testers now, so we won't be generating any more codes. We don't expect for you to have to wait much longer than the beta testers though. We've done a sizeable amount of testing already, so we're confident that we can have people using the site shortly after the testers come in and see how everything handles! …let's hope it works out like that as well ;)

Looks a bit average to me. Same as all the other rubbish ones that have come and go, big long paragraph of promise that never showed anything in reality.

Aodhagan, I'm becoming increasingly concerned for you; not only because just a few weeks ago you were constantly tweeting me begging for access to the site, saying you were "looking forward to signing up because it does actually look quite good" and now it seems you've gone all Britney Spears, but also because you have a constant need for attention from people on the Internet whom you don't know and will probably never meet. Honestly, for everyone's sake, grow up and stop being so pathetic and desperate.

As for your feedback, removing the obvious trolling and thinly veiled jealousy, if anyone else does indeed think the site is "a bit average and the same as all the other rubbish ones that have come and go", I'm sure we'll find a way to improve beyond what we do. However, I'm quite confident when people see the site your comments will be shown for what they are -- premature and misinformed.

Thank you for once again taking time out of your busy schedule of stealing oxygen to leave us some feedback.

Kind regards,

Game.

• 2 weeks later...
how come the countdon has gone up? it said less than 2 weeks last Friday now its 17 days?

The server we were on was hit with a DDoS attack and we had to go offline for a few days (over a weekend) and move to a new host. That cost us about 40-50 hours of time which we were scheduled to work on the site; that's why we had to raise the counter. It makes little odds at this point; we're not likely to be completed to test in 17 days at the moment. We've had to spend a day per page so far (making things work in all browsers and on all platforms accurately) and we still have a lot more to do. We'll continue working on the site, as we are now, and we'll update everyone when we can get a handle on how long the work is going to take.

I know it's annoying that we're disappointing people with these delays, but we'd much rather disappoint with beta testing than with the quality of the site. We think the wait will be worth it, and we want to make sure you feel the same way when you see the site. Sorry we can't do much more than post excuses, but that's all we can do at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
So what's going on with this counter then?

Unfortunately, the counter on the site is no longer accurate. Caleyjag was supposed to update it, but he's been busy recoding FMTV, so it's not been done yet. We'll update the site within the next couple of days, outlining everything that's happening and what remains, that way it'll be easier to put some perspective on our timeframe. Hopefully, we won't be too much longer (for everyone's sake), but the end result is the most important thing, and we'll continue to prioritise that over the release point we hoped to reach.

If you follow us on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/supportsfm) or on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/supportsinteractive) you'll get whatever news we post, immediately. I only tend to post on this forum if I get an email to say someone's replied to the topic (we don't want to continually promote the site when it's not open yet).

• 2 weeks later...
lovely concept game. i was counting down the days untill the countdown was removed. cant wait for you boys to get it finished dont rush it. good luck.

fmtillidie.

We're working on quite a big thing at the moment, but once that's done we should have things come together quite quickly from then on. Can't believe it's taken so long to get it done; it's hard to believe we've worked on this everyday for the last 13 months :/

It looks truly amazing! Well done for all the hard work - incredible achievement in coding all this! Can't wait to check this site out!

Thanks for the nice words :)

As for the coding, that was easy; it was the design work and the ideas which is where all the hard work, achievement and genius came in. Caleyjag did the coding, so enough said really; he can barely string a sentence together most of the time.

Thanks for the nice words :)

As for the coding, that was easy; it was the design work and the ideas which is where all the hard work, achievement and genius came in. Caleyjag did the coding, so enough said really; he can barely string a sentence together most of the time.

The atmosphere over there sounds great, I'll be happy to join...:D

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyway I can get BETA access. Would love to join.

We do have some spare passes available (because some people signed-up numerous times, and there were rejected applications), so we might be able to give out a few more at some point, but we'll have to go through all the testers we have first before we can confirm if we can have any more testers. If you follow us on Twitter or PM me your email address I'll send you a pass if we can do so.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Haven't updated this in a while...

We're very close to completion now. We've got a few small bits to tidy up - mainly the administration/moderation side of things, and once we've had a check over things ourselves we'll be looking to begin the BETA testing!

Haven't updated this in a while...

We're very close to completion now. We've got a few small bits to tidy up - mainly the administration/moderation side of things, and once we've had a check over things ourselves we'll be looking to begin the BETA testing!

will you be hoping, for FM13 opening for the site caleyjag?

Will the site be capable of say hosting like a game challenge, ie. will it have features allowing users to essentially interact whilst all taking part in a certain challenge, with more features than the challenge forum on here?Hope that made sense, kind of hard to explain. Looks great so far by the way.

Will the site be capable of say hosting like a game challenge, ie. will it have features allowing users to essentially interact whilst all taking part in a certain challenge, with more features than the challenge forum on here?Hope that made sense, kind of hard to explain. Looks great so far by the way.

We've got over 150 unique challenges in place already, with the view to adding at least another 80 or so in the future. Complete each challenge and you'll be rewarded with points and ranked against each competitor who's completed that challenge; at the same time you'll also be ranked against everyone who's ever completed a challenge on the various challenge leaderboards we have. If you top the overall leaderboard at the end of the season you'll get a prize.

Those aside, we'll also have irregular Super Challenges, which are challenges with a timer. However, with the Super Challenges, if you win one of those, you'll get a unique collectable chip which you'll see in your profile. You only get one chance to collect each of the chips.

So, with regards to our challenges, there's something for everyone. If you like competing against other people, we have that for you. If you like winning things, we not only have the prize for the overall challenge champion, but we have challenge prizes on certain challenges. If you like to be really challenged, you can try and get each of the collectables before someone else nabs them. There's a lot going on.

To try and cover all aspects of your question, if you're asking 'can you host your own challenges on the site', well, that depends on what they are. We're open to suggestions, so if you've got something good we'll certainly consider running it and creating the point system or collectable chip for it. As of right now though, we do not have a system in place that allows you to setup custom challenges. There will be a forum if you wish to replicate what you do on the SIG boards over at SI, though.

Thanks for your interest and your question, Gundo. Hopefully that covers everything you wanted to know. If there's anything else, just ask :-)

Archived