PH71's Journey - featuring The Alphabet Challenge

PaulHartman71

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are Casa Pia?

casa_pia_ac_122888.jpg

I've not got much of the season left, but had a quick google of Casa Pia as I knew that I recognized it from somewhere and the first thing that comes up is that horrific child sex abuse scandal from a few years ago in Portugal, basically Casa Pia is a state-run institution that supports education for poor orphans and there was a scandal that discovered over 100 boys and girls, some of them deaf and/or mute, had been sexually abused over the last few decades. It was a pretty interesting read but does go to show that there are some sick sick people in the world. This confused me as I assumed Casa Pia to be a town, village or city but it's actually a club based in Lisbon that was named after that institution when formed in 1920, the stadium 'Estadio Pina Manique' was named after the original organiser of the charity - Pina Manique, who was a Portuguese magistrate in the 1700's. The club itself has a reasonably interesting history, despite seemingly never achieved any real domestic success, they had 4 players in the first ever Portuguese international game, including the captain - Candido de Oliveira.

Progressing nicely and a nice idea for a challenge :thup:. Probably not the first thing you want to be associated with at your new club so maybe a few titles to build up a rivalry with Sporting Lisbon? ;)

Great concept, but a couple of questions:

1) If you're only at a club for six months and a team with the next letter approaches you, do you have to turn them down until you've done your 12 months?

2) Are you going to accept international offers while still getting from A-Z and, if so, do they need to be in alphabetical order?

Progressing nicely and a nice idea for a challenge :thup:. Probably not the first thing you want to be associated with at your new club so maybe a few titles to build up a rivalry with Sporting Lisbon? ;)

I don't think I'll be around long enough to form a rivalry with Sporting Lisbon, but I would like to get them promoted to the 2nd tier

GL in Portugal. They look massive budgets for the division. I had about 4 seasons in 2nd Division North and didn't have a penny to spend. Should get some very good players with the finances you have available there

I did think it was a pretty big budget considering they were only 3rd tier in Portugal. I was so surprised when I looked and saw there was over 100K transfer budget, was expecting about 10K maximum!

Great concept, but a couple of questions:

1) If you're only at a club for six months and a team with the next letter approaches you, do you have to turn them down until you've done your 12 months?

2) Are you going to accept international offers while still getting from A-Z and, if so, do they need to be in alphabetical order?

1. Yeah, minimum requirement of 365 days at each letter. If I get sacked I'll take over at another club at that letter, but can combine the days together so the second club I wont need 365 days if you know what I mean.

2. International sides will count as a letter, so for example if I was at Arsenal and had spent at least 365 days there, and Botswana came calling for me to be their new manager, then 365 days as Botswana manager would count as my 'B' side.

casa_pia_ac_122888.jpg

Season 7 - C is for Casa Pia

After joining in November it became obvious very quickly that aside from a few, the team was in disarray. For about a month and a half I had to play players out of position, youth players that were terrible, and generally lose matches because of this. There was no recognized right back or left back at the club aside from a couple of youth players that barely had 1* of current ability between them. This lead to us achieving 2 points from a possible 18, 2 draws out of 6 games, which for a club fighting relegation and a new manager, was extremely poor form. However, with the money available I was able to snap up some good quality players and rescue the side. After January, I lead the club to 38 points out of 45, winning 12 games and drawing 2, out of 15 games in total, an incredible feat for a club that had been fighting relegation. The division is quite tight as we finished 9 points off top yet still only managed to finish 8th, which made the incredible run after January seem a bit 'meh' really. However it was still a relatively successful season and I definitely believe this squad is more than capable of finishing the league next year as champions and competing in the promotion play-off, we're definitely the team to beat next year in my opinion.

Santa Clara ended up winning the league. The squad ended up looking like this, I played a 4-1-3-2 formation after January with two wide players, a central midfielder at MLC and a DMRC and it was very effective. A total of 35k was spent on the club's transfers, doesn't seem like much with the budget I had but take into account I changed wage budget so spent more than it seems technically. This is a list of the fixtures since I took over. Now I'll talk about the key players. Pedro Freitas was first choice in goal after January and generally did a good job keeping 5 clean sheets in 13 games. Tiago was a fantastic Brazilian left back who ended up winning the fans player of the year award. Jaime Oliveira was a versatile defender/midfielder who did well once signed, he was our defensive midfielder and did a good job. Carlitos aside from having one of the coolest names going (no pun intended if you get the reference) was primarily played on the right side of midfield and was quite good there. The loan signing, Augusto Dias, who was there when I arrived mainly played in the central midfield role but also occasionally filled in at DM, he was one of the best non-post January players. Antonio Mendes was another pre-January player and he was the top scorer when I arrived, he was decent enough to not warrant replacement and generally was a good player to have in the team. Christophe Caseiro, despite not having the best stats, was a truly quality player at this level, able to play on the left of midfield where he was deadly due to his pace, but also adapt at playing up-front, he had a great season and won goal of the season after going on a Thierry Henry against Spurs esque run from the middle of our half, taking on what seemed like the other team's entire midfield and defence before thumping it home to win us the game. So yeah, I can see next year being my last season at Casa Pia as I have no real long term ambition at the club, but I am really hoping I can get them promoted in my first full and last season at the club.

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season Club League Position Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10 Annagh United N.Irish 2nd Div 9th None
2010/11 Annagh United N.Irish 2nd Div 11th Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 19th None
2012/13 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 9th None
2013/14 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 5th Promoted via play-offs
2014/15 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square Premier 1st Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16 Casa Pia A.C Portuguese 2nd Div S 8th Joined in November

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Euro 2016 Round Up

Group A

1. England

2. Sweden

3. Portugal

4. Greece

Group B

1. Scotland

2. Italy

3. Norway

4. Holland

Group C

1. France

2. Poland

3. Spain

4. Russia

Group D

1. Germany

2. Croatia

3. Ukraine

4. Czech Rep

Quarter Final

Italy 0-1 England

Sweden 1-1 (p) Scotland

Croatia 2-2 (p) France

Poland 2-4 Germany

Semi Final

England 2-0 Germany

Scotland 1-2 France

Final

England 0-2 France

[b]World Cup  European Champs  Copa America  African Nations  Asian Cup     Gold Cup 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2010   Argentina                                   Cameroon
2011                                 Brazil                        Japan         Jamaica
2012                 France                        Nigeria
2013                                                                             Canada
2014   Ivory Coast                                 Togo
2015                                 Argentina                    South Korea    Mexico
2016                 France                        Nigeria

CL Winners       CL Runner Up     EL Winners     EL Runner Up  [b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2009/10   Barcelona        Real Madrid      Liverpool      At.Madrid
2010/11   Real Madrid      Barcelona        Inter          Valencia
2011/12   Juventus         Real Madrid      Bayern         Fenerbache
2012/13   Inter Milan      Bayern           Schalke        Dortmund
2013/14   Bayern           Barcelona        Porto          Valencia
2014/15   Liverpool        Real Madrid      Man Utd        West Ham
2015/16   Liverpool        Man City         Everton        Bordeaux 

[b]England    Spain       Italy      Germany     France   Holland  Russia     Turkey      Portugal   Scotland  Norway   N.Ireland      [/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10  Man City   Barcelona   Juventus   Bayern      Monaco   Ajax     Amkar      Fenerbache  Benfica    Celtic    Brann    Linfield       
2010/11  Chelsea    Barcelona   Juventus   Werder      Lyon     Ajax     Zenit      Besiktas    Benfica    Rangers   Sogndal  Portadown      
2011/12  Liverpool  Barcelona   Juventus   Wolfsburg   PSG      Ajax     Sp.Moscow  Fenerbache  Sporting   Hearts    Odd      Ballymena Utd  
2012/13  Liverpool  R.Madrid    Lazio      Bayern      Lyon     PSV      Sp.Moscow  Besiktas    Benfica    Celtic    Odd      Linfield
2013/14  Liverpool  Barcelona   Genoa      Koln        Lyon     PSV      CSKA Mos.  Galatasaray Benfica    Celtic    Odd      Portadown
2014/15  Man City   Barcelona   Inter      Bayern      Lyon     Ajax     Sp.Moscow  Fenerbache  Sporting   Celtic  Valerenga  Linfield
2015/16  Liverpool  Barcelona   Juventus   Bayern     Bordeaux  AZ       Sp.Moscow  Besiktas    Sporting   Rangers Sandefjord Glenavon

[b]World Player      Europe Player       Europe GK        Europe DF           Europe MF      Europe ST           Europe Golden Boot[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Iker Casillas    Dmytro Chygrynskyi  Lionel Messi   Sergio Aguero       Carlos Tevez
2010/11   Lionel Messi      Zlatan Ibrahimovic  Pepe Reina       Gerard Pique        Frank Lampard  Zlatan Ibrahimovic  Gabby Agbonlahor
2011/12   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Iker Casillas    Giorgio Chiellini   Lionel Messi   Sergio Aguero       Roberto Soldado
2012/13   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Iker Casillas    Yury Zhirkov        Lionel Messi   Carloz Tevez        David Villa
2013/14   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Iker Casillas    Cristian Ansaldi    Lionel Messi   David Villa         David Villa
2014/15   Kaka              Kaka                Marco Amelia     Giorgio Chiellini   Kaka           David Villa         David Villa
2015/16   Lionel Messi      Lindomar*           Iker Casillas    Miguel Veloso       Mesut Ozil     Lindomar*           Alberto Paloschi
* - denotes regens

Annagh United

Season       League               Position      
[color=#ff0000]2009/10      N.Irish 2nd Div      9th           
2010/11      N.Irish 2nd Div      11th  [/color]   
2011/12      N.Irish 2nd Div      10th
2012/13      N.Irish 2nd Div      6th
2013/14      N.Irish 2nd Div      10th
2014/15      N.Irish 2nd Div      4th
2015/16      N.Irish 2nd Div      7th

Bradford Park Avenue

2009/10      -          
2010/11      -    
[color=#ff0000]2011/12      Blue Square North    19th
2012/13      Blue Square North    9th
2013/14      Blue Square North    5th
2014/15      Blue Square Prem     1st[/color]
2015/16      League 2             20th

casa_pia_ac_122888.jpg

Middle/Pre-End of Season Update

It's been an eventful season so far in my first and potentially last full season at Casa Pia. My aim for this season has always been to challenge for promotion because I know the squad is definitely capable of doing so, after the impressive run of form at the end of last season. I didn't make any drastic changes to the squad in the transfer market but I did make a few signings and releases, but I'll cover those in more depth in the final update of the season. I'll talk about our short run in the Portuguese Cup first. We drew Joane in the first round, a non-league side who we battered 6-0 at home. In the next round we faced Sporting Pombal, I can't remember if they were at the same level us we are or not but we beat them 3-0 regardless. Then we were drawn against Fafa, a side I am vaguely familiar with as I remember one of the guys in the small club big euro nation challenge turning them into world beaters, they were at the same level us we are in a different regional league, it was tough playing away to them and we ultimately lost 1-0 which was quite disappointing. But let's look at the league as that is the most important competition. In a really confusing move that I didn't even notice until the last few games of the season, we've actually been moved to the Portuguese 2nd Div 'Central' regional league rather than the 'South' league we were in last year. Anyway, the league we are in at times is a ridiculously open one and half-way through the season it looked like any one of the top 11 sides could win the division, with a mere 10 point gap separating 11 sides -

casapia2.png?t=1331076713

I was relatively happy with third at this stage in the season as all we needed to do was to go on a good run of form and we could easily top the league, however there's always the fear you'll draw a few games and lose one and then you could be as low as 10th before you know it. It was important to make sure we didn't get complacent and I am pleased to say that my side had the best defensive record amongst anyone else in the league. As the season went on a number of teams drifted away from being in with a chance of winning the league, Juventude de Evora are a clear example of this, they seemed to be like the marathon runner who sets the pace for the first half of the race but then ends up falling behind the pack and not even coming in the top 3. Below is a screenshot of what the league looks like with just one game remaining. Before I show you I will just say that the winner of the league qualifies for a 4 game play-off group with the two other regional league winners, the two teams that end up with the most points out of these 4 games than receive promotion to the Liga Vitalis.

casapia3.png?t=1331076713

As you can see it is ridiculously close going into the last game of the season. Despite being ahead of Marinhense by basis of head-to-head results, AC.Viseu are also still in with a chance if the two of us lose our last game and they win their one. It is essentially between us and Marinhense though. We have a home game against 7th place Oriental, as opposed to Marinhense who face B.C Branco away, B.C Branco currently sit in 14th place and have to win if they are to stay up. AC Viseu face 8th place Caldas SC at home. I'm quite nervous as I know Oriental are a decent side, in theory we have to win as you wouldn't bet against Marinhense losing to a relegation candidate, although since they are playing for survival they will have to go all out for a win which could come in very handy. I don't want to write off AC Viseu either as they could very easily win their game and in the unlikely circumstance both us and Marinhense lose then they could go up themselves. It's definitely going to be a game full of nail-biting!

• 2 weeks later...

casa_pia_ac_122888.jpg

Season 8 - C is for Casa Pia

This isn't going to be a particularly long update, I haven't had my computer for around a week or something so I just want to get straight back into playing the game instead of looking back and doing in-depth analysis of the season. However, at the start of the season I knew the team were good enough to get promoted after our success in the second half of last season, it was only a matter of whether or not they'd perform when it mattered. They did, as you've already seen, and we reached the promotion play-off. The top two teams from the four games played are promoted to the second tier of Portuguese football. We didn't actually win any of these four games, drawing every single one of them, only scoring and conceding one goal in the process. This was thankfully enough to see us promoted as Trofense ended up with just three points, one less than our four point total. Next season Casa Pia will be playing in the Liga Vitalis, Portugal's 2nd tier, a great achievement for a side that were on the verge of relegation when I joined. I resigned shortly after promotion and winning the manager of the year award. It took me a few months to find a new job but I have been appointed at a 'D' club who are in a country that I have previously managed in. England? Northern Ireland? Portugal? I'll let you guys guess for now.

History

2010/11 Annagh United N.Irish 2nd Div 11th Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2014/15 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square Premier 1st Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2016/17 Casa Pia A.C Portuguese 2nd Div C 1st Champions, Promoted via playoff, resigned in June

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

[b]World Cup  European Champs  Copa America  African Nations  Asian Cup     Gold Cup 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2011                                 Brazil                        Japan         Jamaica
2013                                                                             Canada
2015                                 Argentina                    South Korea    Mexico
2017                                                                             USA

2016/17   Man City         Real Madrid      Man City       Schalke

[b]England    Spain       Italy      Germany     France   Holland  Russia     Turkey      Portugal   Scotland  Norway   N.Ireland      [/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10  Man City   Barcelona   Juventus   Bayern      Monaco   Ajax     Amkar      Fenerbache  Benfica    Celtic    Brann    Linfield       
2010/11  Chelsea    Barcelona   Juventus   Werder      Lyon     Ajax     Zenit      Besiktas    Benfica    Rangers   Sogndal  Portadown      
2011/12  Liverpool  Barcelona   Juventus   Wolfsburg   PSG      Ajax     Sp.Moscow  Fenerbache  Sporting   Hearts    Odd      Ballymena Utd  
2012/13  Liverpool  R.Madrid    Lazio      Bayern      Lyon     PSV      Sp.Moscow  Besiktas    Benfica    Celtic    Odd      Linfield
2013/14  Liverpool  Barcelona   Genoa      Koln        Lyon     PSV      CSKA Mos.  Galatasaray Benfica    Celtic    Odd      Portadown
2014/15  Man City   Barcelona   Inter      Bayern      Lyon     Ajax     Sp.Moscow  Fenerbache  Sporting   Celtic  Valerenga  Linfield
2015/16  Liverpool  Barcelona   Juventus   Bayern     Bordeaux  AZ       Sp.Moscow  Besiktas    Sporting   Rangers Sandefjord Glenavon
2016/17  Man Utd    Barcelona   Juventus   Bayern    Toulouse   Ajax     CSKA Mos.  Besiktas    Benfica    Rangers  Stabaek   Linfield

[b]World Player      Europe Player       Europe GK        Europe DF           Europe MF      Europe ST           Europe Golden Boot[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Iker Casillas    Dmytro Chygrynskyi  Lionel Messi   Sergio Aguero       Carlos Tevez
2010/11   Lionel Messi      Zlatan Ibrahimovic  Pepe Reina       Gerard Pique        Frank Lampard  Zlatan Ibrahimovic  Gabby Agbonlahor
2011/12   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Iker Casillas    Giorgio Chiellini   Lionel Messi   Sergio Aguero       Roberto Soldado
2012/13   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Iker Casillas    Yury Zhirkov        Lionel Messi   Carloz Tevez        David Villa
2013/14   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Iker Casillas    Cristian Ansaldi    Lionel Messi   David Villa         David Villa
2014/15   Kaka              Kaka                Marco Amelia     Giorgio Chiellini   Kaka           David Villa         David Villa
2015/16   Lionel Messi      Lindomar*           Iker Casillas    Miguel Veloso       Mesut Ozil     Lindomar*           Alberto Paloschi
2016/17   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Pepe Reina       Miguel Veloso      Lionel Messi   Pavel Novotny*    Alberto Paloschi
* - denotes regens

Annagh United

2016/17      N.Irish 2nd Div      3rd

Bradford Park Avenue

2009/10      -          
2010/11      -    
2016/17      League 2             23rd 

distillery.png?t=1332363688

Back in Northern Ireland to prove myself as I didn't really achieve anything last time at Annagh. Slight controversy with the name, however Distillery appear as Distillery in the job centre and despite technically now being 'Lisburn' Distillery, i'm taking them as my 'D' side. It's November 23rd, 10 games in with 16 left, interesting fact, I joined on the same date in November as I joined Casa Pia two years ago. Finances look horrible, bottom of the 1st Division and it's a

after all - Emmet Templeton, an old player from my time at Bradford Park Avenue currently players for Distillery. After a poor time at Annagh, I've since rectified my reputation by turning relegation candidates in the English conference and Portuguese third tier into league winners, earning three promotions in the process, can it be achieved at Distillery?

I'll probably do what I've been doing so far and just go for the first club available, but Zenit are the most attractive 'Z' option at this point, only other teams iirc are Zaragoza, a couple of third tier Spanish sides and a second tier Turkish side. In other news, Emmet Templeton just secured the club's first league win of the year with a late penalty for it to finish 1-0!

Lisburn.gif

Season 9 - D is for Distillery

When I joined Distillery they were in pretty bad shape - 10 games in and no wins in the league. I had 16 games to avoid relegation to the 2nd Division, something which is pretty unthinkable for a club that's been used to top flight football for a long time. After picking up a good run of form I managed to take Distillery clear of relegation, finishing in 10th. The squad was relatively decent and by the end of the season we had a side good enough to challenge for promotion, at one point we won 6 games in a row and looked unstoppable. A lot of players came in and out during the season, all of the transfers were either releases or players bought in on a free as finances are pretty terrible. Tony Dunkley who played at right back and on the right side of midfield was a key player, unfortunately he didn't want to renew his contract and will be playing for Chester next season, he'll definitely be difficult to replace. Aidan Downes, was our top scorer with 14 goals in 34 games, generally played up-front but could be played on the right of midfield if necessary. Despite retiring at the end of this season, 37 year old Adam Bolder was a big player for the team in the middle of midfield, he'll also be missed next season. Joe Preston scored some important goals, only 6 in total throughout the season but the majority won important games whilst I was in charge. Finally, a shout out to Emmet Templeton, the guy I managed from Bradford Park Avenue, didn't score or assist but was a good player to have whether starting or coming on as a sub. His only goal came in a 1-0 in my first win in charge that kicked off our good run of form/bid to avoid relegation. I'll be staying at Distillery until the end of next season, I hope to challenge for promotion but with financial restrictions and a lot of players to replace due to contracts being rejected/retirement etc it will be no easy challenge.

History

2016/17 Casa Pia A.C Portuguese 2nd Div C 1st Champions, Promoted via playoff, resigned in June
2017/18 Distillery N.Irish 1st Div 10th Joined in November

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue

Casa Pia

Anyone doubting the game's ability to throw up extremely random events, check out this year's Champions League runners up.

World Cup 2018 Round-Up

Group A

1. Scotland

2. Czech Republic

3. Uruguay

4. Ivory Coast

Group B

1. Portugal

2. Ukraine

3. Nigeria

4. Japan

Group C

1. Italy

2. Mexico

3. Peru

4. Turkey

Group D

1. Brazil

2. South Korea

3. Romania

4. Jamaica

Group E

1. Argentina

2. Spain

3. Iran

3. USA

Group F

1. Wales

2. Saudi Arabia

3. Germany

4. Cameroon

* - Saudi Arabia have now met Germany at all 3 of the in-game World Cup's, they've beaten them twice and drawn the other game they played. They've also knocked them out once and contributed to them going out in this World Cup. Germany's bogey team after their 2002 victory?

Group G

1. Ghana

2. France

3. Hungary

4. Australia

Group H

1. Chile

2. Denmark

3. Switzerland

4. Togo

Second Round

Scotland 3-2 Ukraine

Portugal 0-0 (p) Czech Republic

South Korea 0-3 Italy

Mexico 0-2 Brazil

Saudi Arabia 0-4 Argentina

Spain 2-0 Wales

Denmark 2-3 (p) Ghana

France 3-1 Chile

Quarter Final

Scotland 0-1 Brazil

Czech Republic 1-0 Italy

Argentina 0-1 France

Spain 2-0 Ghana

Semi Final

Brazil 2-2 (p) Spain

Czech Republic 0-2 France

3rd Place Playoff

Czech Republic 0-1 (e) Brazil

Final

Spain (p) 1-1 France

2017                                                                             USA
2018   Spain                                       Egypt

2017/18   Barcelona        West Brom        Hoffenheim     Benfica

2016/17  Man Utd    Barcelona   Juventus   Bayern    Toulouse   Ajax     CSKA Mos.  Besiktas    Benfica    Rangers  Stabaek   Linfield
2017/18  Man City   R.Madrid    AC Milan   Koln       Bordeaux  AZ       CSKA Mos.  Bursaspor   Benfica    Celtic   Stabaek   Linfield

2016/17   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Pepe Reina       Miguel Veloso       Lionel Messi   Pavel Novotny*      Alberto Paloschi
2017/18   Yoann Gourcuff    Yoann Gourcuff      Iker Casillas    Ivan Lorenzo*       Yoann Gourcuff  Karim Benzema      Alberto Paloschi
* - denotes regens

Annagh United

2017/18      N.Irish 2nd Div      4th

Bradford Park Avenue

2009/10      -          
2010/11      -    
2017/18      Blue Square Prem     21st

Casa Pia A.C

2009/10      -          
2010/11      Portuguese 2nd Div C    11th    
2011/12      Portuguese 2nd Div C    5th
2012/13      Portuguese 2nd Div C    13th
2013/14      -
2014/15      Portuguese 2nd Div C    5th
[color=#ff0000]2015/16      Portuguese 2nd Div S    8th
2016/17      Portuguese 2nd Div C    1st[/color]
2017/18      Liga Vitalis            14th

It turns out in 2011 they had a tycoon takeover, hired Darren Ferguson, lost twice in play-off's before winning the Championship in 2012/13. They finished 15th in 2013/14 and since then have floated in and around the top 10, finishing 4th in 2016/17 thus qualifying for the Champions League. It looks like the Champions League run took its toll on them as they only finished 11th. It should be interesting to see if the Champions League money can launch them into a top four club in the long run though!

Wow, you're really moving through the alphabet at a decent pace so far! Looking good for what you want to achieve :)

Even quicker now, at least that ends the arguements about whether they're a 'D' or an 'L'.

I'm not sure if my reputation has gone down due to managing in Northern Ireland/being sacked, but I am yet to get a job at an 'E' club. But with patience the 'E' side will come soon enough!

History

2018/19 Distillery N.Irish 1st Div 10th Sacked in January

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue

Casa Pia

2018   Spain                                       Egypt
2019                                 Argentina                     Japan         USA

2017/18   Barcelona        West Brom        Hoffenheim     Benfica
2018/19   Real Madrid      Genoa            Benfica        At.Madrid

2016/17  Man Utd    Barcelona   Juventus   Bayern     Toulouse  Ajax     CSKA Mos.  Besiktas    Benfica    Rangers  Stabaek   Linfield
2017/18  Man City   R.Madrid    AC Milan   Koln       Bordeaux  AZ       CSKA Mos.  Bursaspor   Benfica    Celtic   Stabaek   Linfield
2018/19  Man City   R.Madrid    AC Milan   Bayern      Lyon     PSV      Sp.Moscow  Besiktas    Benfica    Rangers  Brann     Linfield

2016/17   Lionel Messi      Lionel Messi        Pepe Reina       Miguel Veloso       Lionel Messi   Pavel Novotny*      Alberto Paloschi
2017/18   Yoann Gourcuff    Yoann Gourcuff      Iker Casillas    Ivan Lorenzo*       Yoann Gourcuff  Karim Benzema      Alberto Paloschi
2018/19   Sergio Aguero     Aykan Yigit*        Alphonse Areola  Mauro Pugliese*     Yoann Gourcuff  Aykan Yigit*      Gonzalo Higuain 
* - denotes regens

Annagh United

2017/18      N.Irish 2nd Div      4th
2018/19      N.Irish 2nd Div      4th

Bradford Park Avenue

2009/10      -          
2010/11      -    
2017/18      Blue Square Prem     21st
2018/19      Blue Square North    15th

Casa Pia A.C

2009/10      -          
2010/11      Portuguese 2nd Div C    11th    
2011/12      Portuguese 2nd Div C    5th
2012/13      Portuguese 2nd Div C    13th
2013/14      -
2014/15      Portuguese 2nd Div C    5th
[color=#ff0000]2015/16      Portuguese 2nd Div S    8th
2016/17      Portuguese 2nd Div C    1st[/color]
2017/18      Liga Vitalis            14th
2018/19      Liga Vitalis            15th

Distillery

2009/10      N.Irish Prem          9th
2010/11      N.Irish Prem          8th
2011/12      N.Irish Prem          10th
2012/13      N.Irish Prem          9th
2013/14      N.Irish Prem          10th
2014/15      N.Irish Prem          10th
2015/16      N.Irish Prem          12th
2016/17      N.Irish 1st Div       4th
[color=#ff0000]2017/18      N.Irish 1st Div       10th
2018[/color]/19      N.Irish 1st Div       3rd

It is looking like it will be England or maybe back to Portugal as there aren't any 'E' sides in Northern Ireland. The majority of 'E' clubs in the lower leagues in England are stable or secure, and have been for some time, the only exception being Eastbourne Boro, who have become incredibly annoying as they've been on and off between insecure and very insecure for around 6 months now. I've genuinely lost count of the amount of times I have expressed interest in the job only to be dubbed at having an 'outside' chance at getting the job.

FINALLY... after spending over a year in-game time and what seems like hours of real time (I've probably spent more time looking for a job in this save game in the last 24 hours than the average unemployed person has spent looking for a real job) I have finally got my 'E' side. I was so relieved about actually getting a job after the boredom of constantly scrolling down the job centre hoping to find 'E' sides insecure, that it didn't matter to me that the team is so poor that taking over at the club is actually the equivalent of starting one of the 'small club to big club' challenges. This process has genuinely made me sympathise with an unemployed person looking for a job on-line in a really really picky manner.

East_Fife_FC-logo-EEDE288665-seeklogo.com.gif

E is for East Fife

Since I joined in early May, I only had one game to manage before the end of the season. The said game was an away trip to Albion Rovers, which ended all square at 0-0 making me undefeated in my first season at the club. This meant that the club finished bottom of the league, this must have been very disappointing for East Fife fans, as they finished bottom of the Scottish 2nd Division just last season to get relegated into this division. It will be a tough task to renew a positive atmosphere at the club and take them forward, but one positive is the fact that we literally can't finish any lower next season. My first test in managing in the Scottish leagues will certainly be a challenging one!

History

2018/19 Distillery N.Irish 1st Div 10th Sacked in January
2019/20 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 10th Joined in May

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue

Casa Pia

Archived