Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick (The return: Part 2)

Which tactic do you prefer?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which tactic do you prefer?

• Original (17/01/2012)
    • Tweaked (23/01/2012)
    • New (26/01/2012)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[video=youtube_share;bpja7jckj8M]

my best match so far, not the 7 goals scored but the way they were scored, fantastic team play and individual brilliance.

the first 2 goals and Pogba's come from a short corner routine which i found elsewhere, first match i used it and its looking good.

also i tend to swap my players about every 15-20 mins for eg, pur my SC at MCl, left IF to SC...just to keep the AI guessing, but i do have alot of players that can perform i many different positions.

luvin it so far...

Can I ask where you got that from?

Cheers.

Yeh sure from fmbase.

Basically put every player on default, Apart from the striker who is on short, corners are set to short as well. Obviously this works well with a 433 formation like this has you have 3 mcs in a line just outside the box.

Yeh sure from fmbase.

Basically put every player on default, Apart from the striker who is on short, corners are set to short as well. Obviously this works well with a 433 formation like this has you have 3 mcs in a line just outside the box.

Cheers. Yeah, I thought it would have been that one from FM Base, I might give it a try myself.

It's the thread started by TheWibe yeah?

[video=youtube_share;bpja7jckj8M]

my best match so far, not the 7 goals scored but the way they were scored, fantastic team play and individual brilliance.

the first 2 goals and Pogba's come from a short corner routine which i found elsewhere, first match i used it and its looking good.

also i tend to swap my players about every 15-20 mins for eg, pur my SC at MCl, left IF to SC...just to keep the AI guessing, but i do have alot of players that can perform i many different positions.

luvin it so far...

Can I ask where you got that from?

Cheers.

Yeh sure from fmbase.

Cheers. Yeah, I thought it would have been that one from FM Base, I might give it a try myself.

It's the thread started by TheWibe yeah?

Can I ask what you on about? I think you are on about short corners? Am I right?

@ Adonis - I'm Man Utd too and I was just wondering what your usual starting 11/subs is?

I am now coming to the end of the second season but my squad is:

Gk-de gea/der Stegen

Rb-jones/rafael

Lb-evra/fabio

Cb-smalling/vidic/bochetti

Mcr-sigursson(sp)/giggs

Mc-fletcher/khedira(on loan)

Mcl-cleverly/pogba

IF-hazard/Willian/nani

Sc-rooney/Chico

Might sell all of my inside forwards and get strikers to play there has they have so many chances, someone like cavani or neymar.

How well does Hernàndez perform @ ST? Maybe he would be good @ AML if you retrained him there and put a heavy individual training focus on his dribbling & first touch to get them to 15/16.

It's interesting that you play Cleverley/Pogba @ MCL as that position requires a good dribbler with high creativity doesn't it? How well do they perform for you there despite not having the greatest attributes for that position?

Chico is ok doesnt have the greatest first touch but yeh I was thinking of retraining him.

Sometimes I play pogba at mc against weak teams at home. Probably only played a dozen games but has done well.

Cleverly is fantastic at mcl, cos of his ppm gets into opposition area he is generally at the end of a through ball by the sc but also creates as well. I will try and post some screenies later.

Chico is ok doesnt have the greatest first touch but yeh I was thinking of retraining him.

Sometimes I play pogba at mc against weak teams at home. Probably only played a dozen games but has done well.

Cleverly is fantastic at mcl, cos of his ppm gets into opposition area he is generally at the end of a through ball by the sc but also creates as well. I will try and post some screenies later.

Nice one :thup:

I look forward to those screenshots as I'm Utd myself.

I'm a big fan of Hernàndez IRL and so I like to include him in the starting 11 as much as possible but I think the only option is to retrain him to AML for him to be effective in this tactic as he isn't a creative player really. As for Pogba, have you thought about playing him @ MCR? As that would probably suit his game more being a DLP type of player.

Nice one :thup:

I look forward to those screenshots as I'm Utd myself.

I'm a big fan of Hernàndez IRL and so I like to include him in the starting 11 as much as possible but I think the only option is to retrain him to AML for him to be effective in this tactic as he isn't a creative player really. As for Pogba, have you thought about playing him @ MCR? As that would probably suit his game more being a DLP type of player.

Might try that with pogba but even though he has developed well doesn't have the creativity nor the flair and passing stats. I play him at mcl has my assistant states that he plays best in the advance playmaker support role which I think the mcl role is close too, like iniesta for barca.

Last game was at home vs real and cleverly got a hat trick from the mcl position last one being a penalty but the first 2 from open play getting on the end of a couple of pull backs from the byline.

Might try that with pogba but even though he has developed well doesn't have the creativity nor the flair and passing stats. I play him at mcl has my assistant states that he plays best in the advance playmaker support role which I think the mcl role is close too, like iniesta for barca.

Last game was at home vs real and cleverly got a hat trick from the mcl position last one being a penalty but the first 2 from open play getting on the end of a couple of pull backs from the byline.

Yeah you're probably right about Pogba as I was just going of memory tbh as I haven't been on my pc for a few days. Obviously my memory ain't that good haha :p

Yeah that sounds good going, a hattrick from MCL. How much possession do you usually get in games? It would be good to see some screenshots of your team and results/league table etc.

i haven't used this tactic for the whole season so i will show you the fixtures from when i think i started to use it.

1zvaltu.png

here are cleverley stats: (majority of goals and assists coming with this tactic)

14abkb8.png

possession at least 65%+ even at home vs real where they only had one shot on target.

The Screenshots from adonis look impressive! Which version of the tactic are you using mate? ( or if anyone else knows please answer)

Also, do you have to constantly tweak mentality/time wasting etc during the game, like last year ? or is it simply plug and play?

Wow fantastic results there! I take it you have been using this tactic for every game after you switched to it? Do you make any changes during games?

Nice stats for Cleverley there too. 14 goals and 14 assists in 35 games is very impressive from MCL.

Yes been using the latest version in all those games, not tweaks made during matches. Only thing I do is swap players about randomly. Eg. From the first eleven Rooney might go to if, with hazard to striker, or cleverly out to the wing hazard moving to the midfield. only for 15-20 mins then I might change one more position, only sometimes I do this to keep the ai guessing.

The Screenshots from adonis look impressive! Which version of the tactic are you using mate? ( or if anyone else knows please answer)

Also, do you have to constantly tweak mentality/time wasting etc during the game, like last year ? or is it simply plug and play?

^^^^^^ see above

Must add though you really need players with very good mental attributes to get the best out Of this tactic due to its high creativity.

Yes been using the latest version in all those games, not tweaks made during matches. Only thing I do is swap players about randomly. Eg. From the first eleven Rooney might go to if, with hazard to striker, or cleverly out to the wing hazard moving to the midfield. only for 15-20 mins then I might change one more position, only sometimes I do this to keep the ai guessing.

Interesting.

I guess you have retrained Rooney to be an Inside Forward if needed? So you just swap these players around and not the position instructions themselves? You still been using that short corner tactic?

Edit - Just checked Pogba and I'm surprised you play him at MCL as his dribbling is poor. Doesn't the MCL need good dribbling?

I like to have players who are versatile so retraining the likes of Rooney and Chico is good. Yep just swap players around no changing to instructions.

The MCL is on mixed run with the ball, and with high creativity this means that a player himself will decided when its best to do it, obviously the higher themental stats of that player the better decision he will make and at the right time.

Exactly why cleverly is perfect for the mcl role has his other ppm is runs with ball often ;)

Yeh still use the short corner routine but haven't scored from it since that last game don't think it is an exploit but does let you keep possession.

^^^^^^ see above

Must add though you really need players with very good mental attributes to get the best out Of this tactic due to its high creativity.

Thanks mate. So just to confirm you used the final release tactic which was made on the 31/01/2012 ?

Also who is the playmaker in this tactic ? (I gather its the mcl?!)

I like to have players who are versatile so retraining the likes of Rooney and Chico is good. Yep just swap players around no changing to instructions.

The MCL is on mixed run with the ball, and with high creativity this means that a player himself will decided when its best to do it, obviously the higher themental stats of that player the better decision he will make and at the right time.

Exactly why cleverly is perfect for the mcl role has his other ppm is runs with ball often ;)

Yeh still use the short corner routine but haven't scored from it since that last game don't think it is an exploit but does let you keep possession.

Alright cheers.

Yeah, I didn't think the corner routine was an exploit either really, it's just good for keeping possession. I think a PPM guide would be good for this tactic so people know which ones to look for and which ones to train.

agree. the ppm guide would be useful in getting the right players.
Just look at Barcelona for the PPM's.
This is what i would look for

RCM Plays simple passes – Looks for pass instead of shooting- Dictates Tempo- Comes deep for Ball

WF Plays simple passes- Cut inside - Knock ball past opponents- Gets into opposition area

ST Plays simple passes- Tries through balls -Places shots- Try to round keeper – Try to lob keeper – and if you got a messi type player Comes deep for Ball

This is what i would look for

RCM Plays simple passes – Looks for pass instead of shooting- Dictates Tempo- Comes deep for Ball

WF Plays simple passes- Cut inside - Knock ball past opponents- Gets into opposition area

ST Plays simple passes- Tries through balls -Places shots- Try to round keeper – Try to lob keeper – and if you got a messi type player Comes deep for Ball

Knocks ball past opponent is not a very advantageous PPM in tight spaces, it is better suited for counterattacking teams and players like Walcott, with speed but no technique to beat their man. Comes Deep To Get Ball is almost mandatory for the striker in my opinion, and Plays One Twos is very good for all the attacking players. Plays Simple Passes - not so sure about that one tbh, I like a bit of diversity, lets you score more goals that way. I find this particular PPM to be better suited for players without high creativity, mostly DMs and such, that look to pass the ball to a nearby playmaker rather than play a through ball etc much like Busquetts does in reality, so it might be better for the MC but not the others. Not saying that it is bad, just not really that important in my opinion.

Knocks ball past opponent is not a very advantageous PPM in tight spaces, it is better suited for counterattacking teams and players like Walcott, with speed but no technique to beat their man. Comes Deep To Get Ball is almost mandatory for the striker in my opinion, and Plays One Twos is very good for all the attacking players. Plays Simple Passes - not so sure about that one tbh, I like a bit of diversity, lets you score more goals that way. I find this particular PPM to be better suited for players without high creativity, mostly DMs and such, that look to pass the ball to a nearby playmaker rather than play a through ball etc much like Busquetts does in reality, so it might be better for the MC but not the others. Not saying that it is bad, just not really that important in my opinion.
Yes i understand what you are saying but with knock ball past i do think it is go for wing forwards as it could get them 1-1. play 1-2's is very good forgot about that & killer balls often

Yeah I agree with this :thup: